As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] Taken Space Cakes, Bakin' Taken Space Cakes

• minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    rndmhero wrote: »
    I don't see how adding mobility to the already achievable cool down rates leads to anything besides hunters just functionally having unlimited dodge, all the time.

Yes, that's what we want, please.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    I don't see how adding mobility to the already achievable cool down rates leads to anything besides hunters just functionally having unlimited dodge, all the time.

My assumption is that they are deprecating/removing a whole bunch of existing mods, like Paragon (and maybe Distribution, etc...), in an attempt to push more attention onto Armor Stats and further define class identity.

Or they're just dumb as dirt and strive to make you mad.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I'd be sad if they made the dodge cooldown longer, unless I can achieve a similar effect to what I have now, which is I think having my dodge up every 12 seconds (and I have two of em)?

But it makes sense if they make the Hunter dodge cooldown longer because it's, imo, the best PvP ability easily and I abuse the hell out of it

• ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    They'll probably make the base tier 0 cooldowns longer on the class abilities to compensate for players already having some points in mob/res/rec. Good for hunters, good for warlocks, bad for titans.

Regardless, I'll applaud Bungie for this clever change.

• squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    Poor Titans get fucked because outside of hitting a break point or two for PvP - who the fuck wants to stack resilience. It has no appreciable effect in PvE and the breakpoints in PvP are all that matter. No one is trading going in on recovery (or mobility if you are a hunter or like the strafe speed) for resilience and a faster Titan wall.

They need resilience to do something more than it does right now to make it desirable. I've seen suggestions on reddit about flinch and knockback reduction. I don't know if that's the answer but they need to do something for it, especially if they are going to tie it to class abilities.

Also - to hell with hunters getting even more rolly-poly bullshit. Every match is already 9+ hunters out of 12 a good majority of the time. Bungie should really take a look at some metrics and the class kits. I would think they should have an issue about a good majority of people going right to one class in PvP over all others.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    squall99x wrote: »
    Also - to hell with hunters getting even more rolly-poly bullshit. Every match is already 9+ hunters out of 12 a good majority of the time. Bungie should really take a look at some metrics and the class kits. I would think they should have an issue about a good majority of people going right to one class in PvP over all others.

“We’ve heard you, and to bring hunters back into balance with the other classes, we’ve given them an unlimited range OHKO that instantly refreshes itself on a precision kill without an exotic.”

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

Which is especially bad because they have tied certain effects to using a class ability and hunter dodge fucks with that hard.

I mean, it looks like we are getting a new <Element> Battery mod next season. A mod that makes perfect sense and works fine for Titans and Warlocks and is the most toxic shit coming out of the artfact this season for Hunters.

• squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »

Which is especially bad because they have tied certain effects to using a class ability and hunter dodge fucks with that hard.

I mean, it looks like we are getting a new <Element> Battery mod next season. A mod that makes perfect sense and works fine for Titans and Warlocks and is the most toxic shit coming out of the artfact this season for Hunters.

Looks like Void Battery. So lets combine that with top tree nightstalker for all kinds of *fun*.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    edited December 2019

Arc battery doesn’t exactly work fine for warlocks. You get the overshield during the cast animation, but then it drops instantly once the rift is down and you have to start charging it back up all over again.

Also it’s looking like next season might be void battery, so we’re possibly trading the DR of bot-arc strider for the invis-tracking break of night stalker when combined with wormhusk. That’s going to be just about as bad for most people.

ronzo on
    ronzo wrote: »

Arc battery doesn’t exactly work fine for warlocks. You get the overshield during the cast animation, but then it drops instantly once the rift is down and you have to start charging it back up all over again.

It works fine in that it fills an obvious niche without being blatantly broken. It's almost always useless to drop an emergency wall or rift (especially rift). So here's a mod that bridges the gap, probably keeping you alive just long enough to get your defensive class ability out and working. The way Arc Battery works, it's duration and when it's activated, make sense in that context.

And then Hunter is over there all like "I have 2 dodge charges that come back almost instantly and dodge constantly in melee range to attack and now I'm basically unkillable."

• minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    squall99x wrote: »

“We’ve heard you, and to bring hunters back into balance with the other classes, we’ve given them an unlimited range OHKO that instantly refreshes itself on a precision kill without an exotic.”

It's a small step in the right direction, yes.

Look, I just want my class to be horrifically broken for like one week.

• DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    Dodge is just so much better than the other class abilities in PVP

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    as a titan main i am clearly the real victim and have always been

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
    Clearly the fix is to make an exotic that gives other classes dodge roll

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I would like there to be no batteries; the only thing I've seen it accomplish is give Hunters an obnoxious invincible dodge in PvP, I haven't seen anyone make a halfway decent argument for it being good for anything else.

Not that I'm mad about Warlocks not getting any standout advantage from any of the last column artifact mods, no siree, doesn't bother me a bit. I'm glad Hunters get to invincibly dodge and Titans get to one-hit melee people, very fair and balanced.

• VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    I would like there to be no batteries; the only thing I've seen it accomplish is give Hunters an obnoxious invincible dodge in PvP, I haven't seen anyone make a halfway decent argument for it being good for anything else.

Not that I'm mad about Warlocks not getting any standout advantage from any of the last column artifact mods, no siree, doesn't bother me a bit. I'm glad Hunters get to invincibly dodge and Titans get to one-hit melee people, very fair and balanced.

Warlocks get Oppressive Darkness which is A++ useful for putting out a massive amount of burst damage with Slowva Bomb, but isn't that useful in PvP unless you're a Mag Grenade Titan.

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular

Also it’s looking like next season might be void battery, so we’re possibly trading the DR of bot-arc strider for the invis-tracking break of night stalker when combined with wormhusk. That’s going to be just about as bad for most people.

Fucking hell.

So the plan for this season is to have invisible, overshielded, wormhusk-healing, dodge on zero cooldown?

We still don't know what they're doing to the base cooldown

• AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    New lore drop today is pretty interesting, O Hunter Haters mine.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Some more good lore today: https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/48436

I like that they touched upon my question of "why stop with Saint"

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular

Fucking hell.

So the plan for this season is to have invisible, overshielded, wormhusk-healing, dodge on zero cooldown?

No, the plan is to have invisible one-hit throwing knife wielding maniacs (thanks Assassin's Cowl!). The mega-dodge is just icing on the cake.

requirement for new Crucible ritual weapon:
    - complete 50 matches where you never use your class ability

vq2TEKC.png
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Vagabond wrote: »

Shit, I'd have to unbind B from my Elite controller to ever be able to do that

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    Vagabond wrote: »

That's just giving the ritual weapon to Titans.

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    I was genuinely surprised to see Drifter involved with this. Double that it was Osiris that pointed us out to him. Also, did they ever name the Vex that was built to take Saint down before this? Either way, the Martyr Mind is a pretty good one. Sounds like they didn't expect it to survive the fight one way or another.

Also also, holy crap that bit about Osiris' Echoes.

• ShamusShamus Registered User regular

Fucking hell.

No, the plan is to have invisible one-hit throwing knife wielding maniacs (thanks Assassin's Cowl!). The mega-dodge is just icing on the cake.

Behold the glorious Hunter future.

Owenashi wrote: »
    I was genuinely surprised to see Drifter involved with this. Double that it was Osiris that pointed us out to him. Also, did they ever name the Vex that was built to take Saint down before this? Either way, the Martyr Mind is a pretty good one. Sounds like they didn't expect it to survive the fight one way or another.

I want to know more about what is likely the ahamkara/ahamkara bone in the core. I doubt they'd drop that many hints unless that's what it was. Especially interested in Sagira's comments about the Vanguard finding out what he did to build the sundial.

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Man, they really do not accurately say what light level is needed for strike quests.

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    new lore
    putting a dollar on part of it being powered by motes of Darkness, hence Drifter being involved as an expert on the topic and a collector

edited December 2019
    Owenashi wrote: »

Yeah, I want to know about
    "One Echo stays for years against Osiris’s orders. He has never lost control of one before; he didn’t think that was even possible. He and the Echoes are the same. He feels this aberrant copy lose his sense of self. Another few years in, he feels this Echo press the touch of cold metal to his head.
    And then he feels nothing. "

Like, I get the immediate impression that the Echo shot itself in the head to end whatever life it had.... but then, they are interacting with Vex, so I can imagine a scenario where the "cold metal" is some Vex limb/device created for this purpose, touching the Echo and taking control

gaining knowledge and power

assimilating a piece of Light...

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    new lore
    putting a dollar on part of it being powered by motes of Darkness, hence Drifter being involved as an expert on the topic and a collector

My guess was
    ahamkara bones. Hence the whisper.

Crippl3 wrote: »
    new lore

My guess was
    ahamkara bones. Hence the whisper.
    Ahamkara makes the most sense given the context clues about bargains and whispers. But it also makes the most sense from a practical standpoint: if you want Saint-14 to come back to life, you might need a bit of Wishdragon Magic

vq2TEKC.png

Counterpoint: It hasn't even killed me yet but I'm already calling for it to be nerfed

vq2TEKC.png
  • Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    edited December 2019

So uh.... what Exotics are good for Solar again?
    Asking for a.... friend (hides Doomfangs in closet).

Zombie Gandhi on

So uh.... what Exotics are good for Solar again?
    Asking for a.... friend (hides Doomfangs in closet).

Hallowfire Heart is top tier because of cooldown reduction.

Heart of Inmost Light can work well.

Pheonix Cradle for bot tree I guess.

There's an outside chance Khepri's Horn could be silly fun with mid-tree.

That reminds me, what was the Hunter GG clip showcasing? Looked like normal 3-shot GG

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    I was just talking about this the other day, but it would be nice if Ashen Wake did anything/ maybe OHKO

edited December 2019
    That reminds me, what was the Hunter GG clip showcasing? Looked like normal 3-shot GG

Maybe this?
    Line ’em Up allows Golden Gun to deal headshot damage, and causes precision hits with Golden Gun to spawn Orbs of Light (a combination of two old perks)

Local H Jay on
    But that would be the same thing it does already

I looked again, it was this: "Precision final blows increase weapon stability and ADS speed. Timer starts at 10 seconds but any additional final blow/assists can increase it up to 25 seconds. Casting your Super with this buff above 20 seconds consumes the buff and grants extra damage. (Does not stack with Celestial Nighthawk)."

I didn't notice originally because I was watching the tiny Twitter video version

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg