As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

what is worst in life?

1235»

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Thanks, you lot :)

And to bring this thread back to where it should be: getting an email with an easily-completable task ten seconds before you clock off is the worst

Especially because I could have sorted it and still made my bus thanks to the constant shitty traffic whenever I'm trying to get home

But now it's sitting in my inbox like a frog, waiting for my lazy arse to get around to it the next time I'm in the office

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Welp, I'm down one friend

There are people who I used to think were good friends that have become truly awful and I feel like I was kinda being dragged down into their behavior and Im better off without them

This was me with my best friend since childhood, where as adults we didn't see each other much but when we did we always got along and had a good time.

But a couple years ago, circumstances made it convenient for the two of us to become roommates, and over those two years I started to see some sides of him that I really didn't like. Hints of like, casual misogyny and PUA attitudes, and basically spending an odd amount of time justifying the shitty behavior of straight white dudes with no effort to understand the other side of things (all my attempts to get him to see things differently just ended with him digging his heels in further). At one point he pulled the extremely tired "I identify as an attack helicopter" ''''joke'''' which was when I realized our viewpoints might just be unreconcilable.

It didn't help that he was generally negative and complained way more than was warranted, among other things. I moved out a couple months ago and honestly it's been like a breath of fresh air. It's sad knowing you've lost that person you thought you were close to, but it can also prove to be a positive step in the long run.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    hello worst thread

one of the things that are the worst in life is starting a day with rocket sirens

followed by actual rockets

anyway though the chances of my dying are very low I figure it's still worth saying it was nice knowing ya

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    hello worst thread

one of the things that are the worst in life is starting a day with rocket sirens

followed by actual rockets

anyway though the chances of my dying are very low I figure it's still worth saying it was nice knowing ya

WTF!

Stay safe, duder!

Also, just fmi, where are you?

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Please don’t get hit by rockets.

• Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    look to avoid any large glowing red circles on the ground

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    I was going to vent about the asymmetry of expectations regarding apologies and contrition, but fuck me, I don't have to worry about rockets

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    i was gonna come in here to remind everyone not to make this their mental problems/depression thread but if there are rockets flying you have my permission to go off

• Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Steven Pinker

Edit: oh sweet mercy, stay safe, Indie

Tam on
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    Please don’t get hit by rockets.

but feel free to hit rockets if it keeps you safe

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Whippy wrote: »
    i was gonna come in here to remind everyone not to make this their mental problems/depression thread but if there are rockets flying you have my permission to go off

go off... like a rocket

which means get the hell out of there please

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Do not duel rockets

Do try to airblast rockets back at the enemy soldiers, but only if you're playing TF2

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    i got a papercut under my fingernail today and it made me go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBLdQ1a4-JI

but it's not as bad as living in or next to a warzone, holy shit.
    good luck surviving, indie winter. it has been good so far and i hope it continues to be!

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    I routed my thumbnail today but I got reeeeeal lucky and it was just the tip. Not really a "mood" as I'm still not sure how I feel about it, but that was a thing.

TFW your finger touches the router but you haven't looked at it yet and maybe you just don't feel the pain but then you look at it and everything's fine.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    I routed my thumbnail today but I got reeeeeal lucky and it was just the tip. Not really a "mood" as I'm still not sure how I feel about it, but that was a thing.

TFW your finger touches the router but you haven't looked at it yet and maybe you just don't feel the pain but then you look at it and everything's fine.

Ha ha yeah when I was a mechanic there were plenty of times where a socket would slip off a nut or I would miss a swing with my hammer and you just have to breathe deeply for a few seconds and then take a look. If it hurts at least you know there's still something there with living nerves in it!

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular

Ha ha yeah when I was a mechanic there were plenty of times where a socket would slip off a nut or I would miss a swing with my hammer and you just have to breathe deeply for a few seconds and then take a look. If it hurts at least you know there's still something there with living nerves in it!

The fucking worst is when something suddenly feels wet and sticky and you've lost all context for why that could be. Then you start inspecting and your brain fills in those missing pieces fast.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »

The fucking worst is when something suddenly feels wet and sticky and you've lost all context for why that could be. Then you start inspecting and your brain fills in those missing pieces fast.

Fucking assholes that don't use flush cutters on zip ties...

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    The best is when someone else points out you're bleeding a bit and you have no idea how that happened because it doesn't hurt.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    The best is when someone else points out you're bleeding a bit and you have no idea how that happened because it doesn't hurt.

I had this happen out of nowhere while some friends and I were doing some daytime bar-hopping. Was standing there casually drinking a beer and scratching at my leg, when one of my friends was suddenly like 'dude are you okay!?'

I look down (was wearing shorts) and see a nice, thick stream of blood flowing down from my shin. Apparently what was itching me was a scab I didn't realize I had? And I guess I'd opened it up and gotten it nice and bloody. It was pretty gross, if I'm being honest!

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I just opened a new tube of toothpaste. Even though it's the same brand I bought last time, this one has a stupid screw top instead of the nice flip-up cap.

Is this legal?

GDdCWMm.jpg