As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

ZBrush3 - opinions

Headspace CoolsHeadspace Cools Registered User regular
edited January 2008 in Artist's Corner
Hi all.

I just installed ZBrush3 (nice modelling program) on my PC and I've looked up some tutorials on youtube to get me started. My background is in 3D rendering using 3D Studio R4 (I took graphics animation in college when it was a 'new' thing back in the mid-late 90's then never found work in that field).

Since graphic artistry is more of a hobby for me now than anything else I thought something that seemed as user-friendly as ZBrush would be a neat program to check out.

Has anyone else had experience with this program? Did you like it, did you find it was limiting... what were your impressions?

I really only want to use it to make 3D models of characters and such... maybe start up another webcomic (had a very small one for years until it fizzled-out) by making some characters through ZBrush then just messing with them in Photoshop or something.

Headspace Cools on

• Options
    nakirushnakirush Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Hey Headspace Cools,

You may want to post this in the Chat thread, or the Help/Advice forum. Threads in the AC have to have art in them, or they get locked up.

nakirush on
  • Options
    Headspace CoolsHeadspace Cools Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    nakirush wrote: »
    Hey Headspace Cools,

You may want to post this in the Chat thread, or the Help/Advice forum. Threads in the AC have to have art in them, or they get locked up.

It's a 3D modelling program.

It creates art.

That's why I put it in the art thread.

Like why someone would post about Photoshop or Maya... or anything like that.

When the entire reason for the piece of software's existence is to create art... I think it fits in an art thread. :P

Here's a quick example of what people - who are REALLY good with ZBrush3 - have created:

42289581.jpg

This one is a bit big so I'll just link to it:

http://www.pixologic.com/ssp_director/albums/album-43/hr/attachment-61.jpg

Headspace Cools on
  • Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Good job on not reading the rules, mate!
    I eagerly await further instances of not reading the rules from you!
    whatev.gif

Mayday on
  • Options
    srsizzysrsizzy Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Uhh...yes, it is for art. And the Questions and Discussion thread is for Questions and Discussion.

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Surprising that this isn't locked yet. New threads are only for posting original work, man, not discussion.

Tam on
  • Options
    UnknownSaintUnknownSaint Kasyn Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Dear OP,

When people kindly inform you of the rules of the forum that they frequent (and you do not), and you try to justify your breaking of said rules with smartassery - you kind of come off as a dick.

Questions/discussions thread for art related questions/discussion. =D

UnknownSaint on
This discussion has been closed.