As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX South 2020 Challenge Coin - It's Happening

• crashmurphycrashmurphy Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Sorry it took so long, but...

HERE IS THE VOTING FORM!
    Vote Now

Please only one response per person.

Voting will be open until Sunday @ 11:59pm (we moved it back by a day since we weren't able to get it posted until tonight).

Remember, we are only doing one round of voting, due to time constraints. We promise that next year will be back on track like past years, but this is what we have to work with for South 2020.

crashmurphy on
    dkmbNgP.png
  • IrsoolIrsool Registered User regular
    Just voted! Thanks again for doing this!

uV3Kd9v.png
    Irsool wrote: »
    Just voted! Thanks again for doing this!

No problem! Totally worth the work!

dkmbNgP.png
    Just a reminder that voting will end tomorrow @ 11:59pm CST

dkmbNgP.png
    The votes are in!

f747b559kvpd.png
    8rb7kt49uvph.png

Ribbed edges, both painted and non-painted versions, and a Black Nickel finish.

Thank you all so much for voting! I'll be sending this information to Kiddercorp today so that we can get the ball rolling on getting these coins made.

dkmbNgP.png
  • orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    Awesome, thanks for all of the effort!

PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • SirUberNoobPwnrSirUberNoobPwnr Registered User regular
    This is great! Thank you. Excited to see how to order. :)

cqcb3p99yvzy.png
  • shimwoodshimwood Registered User regular
    Sorry I was away for all of this, but it looks like y'all did an amazing job without me. See y'all in January!

khd33hubozxv.png
    So, Kiddercorp is currently looking over the artwork and commissioning it into the official coin proofs. One slight change that has occurred is the finish. We have been told by several sources that the Black Nickle finish simply looks bad. Another PAX coin was made with this finish, and they won’t be choosing that finish again. So, in the interest of having a good looking coin, we are switching to the next-highest voted finish: Antique Bronze.

I’ll keep y’all updated and we’ll post the proofs when they’re ready. Also, once orders are ready to be placed, we’ll start a new thread for them. Be on the lookout!

dkmbNgP.png
    edited November 2019
    We've finally gotten the proofs in!

1lcdmmjqw6uz.jpg
    tnd3dwbqmyid.jpg

We're wrapping up the artwork process. Once it is done, we will get the order forms up for y'all to order your coins! Please start spreading the word! We really need to get these into the hands of at least 100 people.

crashmurphy on
    dkmbNgP.png
  • SirUberNoobPwnrSirUberNoobPwnr Registered User regular
    These are sweet! Thanks for handling all of this.

cqcb3p99yvzy.png
    I was going to create a new thread for this, but I don't really want to muddy the forum's waters. So, here are the production proofs and the order form! Please share this with all your friends going to PAX South! Let's get these coins into as many peoples' hands as possible!

9krgk9r0yk7b.jpg

Order Form: https://forms.gle/K6b3hjaDtv8vt32X8

From Kiddercorp:
    ==========

THE COINS:

The cost for the coins is as follows:

- Regular (No Color) 3D Metal Challenge Coins cost $7 USD each.

- Painted (Color) Challenge Coins cost $8 USD each.

THE SHIPPING INFORMATION:

As in the past, the orders will be shipped to the customers individually once the coins arrive here from the factory.

Shipping costs (additional to the coin cost total) are based on the weight of the package.

UNITED STATES RESIDENTS:

$3 USD for 1 to 3 coins (USPS First Class Package).
    $4 USD for 4 to 6 coins (USPS First Class Package).
    $7 USD for 7+ coins (USPS Priority Small Flat Rate Box) -- (exceeds the weight limit for First Class Package).

INTERNATIONAL RESIDENTS (outside of the US):

$15 USD for 1 to 6 coins (USPS International First Class Package).
    $31 USD for 7+ coins (USPS International Priority Small Flat Rate Box) -- (exceeds the weight limit for First Class Package).

THE PAYMENTS:

Individual customers will total up their order (cost of coins + cost of shipping) and send the payment for the amount due to our PAYPAL account.

Our PAYPAL account email address is the same as our business email address: marty@kccoin.com

PayPal.me LINK (If someone uses this): paypal.me/kiddercorp

==================

dkmbNgP.png
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    If this can be helpful to anyone : http://bit.ly/PAXCoinCalc

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • guyatthecounterguyatthecounter Registered User regular
    They look great! Ordered 1 of each.

• blure007blure007 Registered User new member
    Order placed. Thanks for all the work that was put into this!

• DevereauxDevereaux Registered User regular
    Nice work! Coins ordered :D

Check out my lanyard and let's trade ;)https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Devereaux
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    If this can be helpful to anyone : http://bit.ly/PAXCoinCalc

Thank you so much for posting this! I totally forgot to do so.

dkmbNgP.png
    Here are the numbers, so far:

12 x Non-painted
    21 x Painted

Two things to remember:

1) Kiddercorp orders these in batches of 100, for both versions. So, we really want to try to get as close to that as possible so they aren’t left holding the bill. They usually keep a few extras, just in case people have late orders or are trying to collect past coins. However, we don’t want them to have too many extras, because then they just become useless to everyone.

How can you help? Share the crap out of this post! I’m posting this stuff to Discord, Reddit, and Facebook, but y’all probably know way more PAX-ers than we do. So, word-of-mouth the hell out of this!

2) The PA forums will be going into their usual downtime in the coming days, which last for a few weeks. I believe it’s to perform maintenance on the forums, as well as to give mods a break. When that occurs, you won’t be able to find this thread until January. Just keep that in mind if you haven’t ordered your coins yet. The order form will still be up; you’ll simply have to go to the above mentioned sites to find it. You can also DM me directly if needed.

Thank you all for the support to @LadyDeath and I. We really appreciate it!

Have a very Merry Christmas!

dkmbNgP.png
    Order placed! Only 5.5 weeks to go!

khd33hubozxv.png
  • IrsoolIrsool Registered User regular
    Ordered 4!

uV3Kd9v.png
  • DanQDanQ Registered User regular
    so the order form linked on here mentions the coins are for pax unplugged 2019

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    DanQ wrote: »
    so the order form linked on here mentions the coins are for pax unplugged 2019
    which link? I do see one paragraph which i assume was accidentally copypasta'd from the unplugged form, but the link above looks pretty clearly like a form for south 2020.
    https://forms.gle/K6b3hjaDtv8vt32X8 is the link I followed

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    @crashmurphy see above posts, there's some unplugged copypasta in your south :)

zerzhul wrote: »

Super weird! Yeah, I know the form we’re using was provided by @ArcSyn. I don’t think I dorked it up, but I could be wrong. I’ve checked the links on these posts and they all seem to goto the correct form.

@DanQ is there a specific link that you’re using? If so, can you tell me which post it is so I can correct it?

dkmbNgP.png
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular

Super weird! Yeah, I know the form we’re using was provided by @ArcSyn. I don’t think I dorked it up, but I could be wrong. I’ve checked the links on these posts and they all seem to goto the correct form.

@DanQ is there a specific link that you’re using? If so, can you tell me which post it is so I can correct it?

@crashmurphy I think they mean this paragraph in the order form top text.
    5p5yclf5dxco.jpg

4dm3dwuxq302.png
    oh yea that's the part i noticed which said unplugged.

ArcSyn wrote: »

@crashmurphy I think they mean this paragraph in the order form top text.
    5p5yclf5dxco.jpg

Ahhhh...I'll get that fixed now.

dkmbNgP.png
    Fixed. Thank you both for the help on finding that error.

dkmbNgP.png
    So any idea on expected arrival date on coins?

So any idea on expected arrival date on coins?

Normally, Kidder tried to get them to us before South. However, I think it all just depends on when the minimum is reached.

I will reach out to them this week to see what they say.

dkmbNgP.png
    Here is the latest from Kidder, regarding shipping estimates:
    My goal is always to have the coins delivered to you all prior to the event.

The estimated factory shipping date for your coins is Tuesday January 7th.

I should receive the coins here at our office by Friday January 10th.

I will ship the orders that have been placed out when we receive the coins here.

If I ship them all out on Friday Jan 10th then everyone should be receiving the envelopes in the mail on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday (Jan 13-15) depending on where they live.

Thank You and have a great Christmas.

dkmbNgP.png
  • orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    Just got a shipping notice today!

PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
    Same here! Looks like mine will arrive before I leave for South which is fantastic!

khd33hubozxv.png
    edited January 2020
    Just got mine in!
    p4ji05ln9z58.jpeg
    449rco2ltssj.jpeg

crashmurphy on
    dkmbNgP.png
  • DevereauxDevereaux Registered User regular
    Coins received, very nice!

Check out my lanyard and let's trade ;)https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Devereaux
    Just got mine in the mail. Sadly I had to cancel everything on Sunday due to financial reasons, but these are by far my favorite coins we've ever done for South. They'll make a nice reminder of what could have been and I'll see y'all in 2021!

khd33hubozxv.png
    So how many coins got sold?

So how many coins got sold?

On last count, both painted and non were in the 40s.

dkmbNgP.png
    Just wondering, the minimum order is supposed to be 100 right? What happens if it isn't met?