As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Love] and the gentle person

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    I may be an oblivious nincompoop and absolutely suck at all things love related but at least I've never sent anybody my blood so I'll take a modicum of fleeting comfort in that.

oh yeah explain this package i just got from Australia, veldrin

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    I may be an oblivious nincompoop and absolutely suck at all things love related but at least I've never sent anybody my blood so I'll take a modicum of fleeting comfort in that.

It's from a kangaroo

• JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    You can't prove anything

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I can't think of a single person that I think would like me enough for me to think they'd appreciate carrying my blood around

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I can't think of a single person that I think would like me enough for me to think they'd appreciate carrying my blood around

There are two people who already carry your blood around!

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Technically that's only half of my blood

and they keep it inside of their bodies, not in a vial around their neck!

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »

It's from a kangaroo
    3bxx64smwv44.jpeg

edited December 2019

hey mori let's talk have you heard of a homonculous

Magic Pink on
  • DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    I got with a freaky goth lady once, she was into bloodplay and I was desperately into her steelo so I went with it.

not the worst sex event I've been involved in, but man that bed was a mess. And I think we're blood siblings now?

I got with a freaky goth lady once, she was into bloodplay and I was desperately into her steelo so I went with it.

not the worst sex event I've been involved in, but man that bed was a mess. And I think we're blood siblings now?

yow again

hey mori let's talk have you heard of a homonculous

what'd you just call me?!?

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    It's a kind of cloud, I think.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Oh I see so it's romantic to say "I'll give you my heart" but if you literally gift someone the vital essence being pumped by your heart that's somehow weird? This is why I don't understand dating. All these crazy rules.

• DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular

yow again

I am uh, a very accommodating lover.

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I would only give someone my blood if I knew they had a proper receptacle to store it in

Just having a tube of it in your purse ain't good enough, you gotta have a special blood necklace or something

Oh I see so it's romantic to say "I'll give you my heart" but if you literally gift someone the vital essence being pumped by your heart that's somehow weird? This is why I don't understand dating. All these crazy rules.

KALI MAAAAA

You can only have my blood if you take it from me in battle.

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    You can only have my blood if you take it from me in battle.

wait are people just givin' blood away? no wonder no one wants it, you gotta earn blood or it loses its mana.

Feeling hella mopey at the moment.

I still can't get a read on the lady and I. She wanted to hang out this weekend but just cancelled on me. It's for a good reason but I dunno. We don't really talk or see each other at all so I don't feel like I'm in anything close to a relationship or whatever this is. I was gonna bring it up but whenever we do hangout it's nice and she always mentions doing other stuff so I push it to the back of my mind.

I don't really want to but I may just not really initiate anymore contact, since I'm primarily the one doing it, and kinda let it die.

Which don't feel too good, no not too good at all.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Doodmann wrote: »
    Looks like I screwed the pooch on this one. I told this women I've been reading trash genre fiction lately. In my defense I'm going to read the new Sanderson YA novel as soon as I'm done with the first Expanse book and I'm looking forward to the new Dresden Files...

Her response was I like sci-fi and don't think it's trash.

Hehe, woops

Excuse me, madam, I think you will find that any non-trash sci-fi is actually speculative fiction.

cbf9h5zqsv5m.png

Edit: Note that this unprovoked attack was directed at Kurt Vonnegut, one of my favorite authors, and not at you.

I thought it was Harlan Ellison who got shitty about that

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Yeah that sounds much more like something Harlan Ellison yelled at clouds about, Vonnegut tended to not to take that aspect of writing super serial.

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I'm pretty sure Vonnegut actively called his stuff sci-fi, in fact

Like, to the point of being shitty about it in the other direction

Vonnegut's self-insert author character was a character who could only get his stories published in dirty magazines, I don't think he was terribly precious about what 'legitimate sci-fi' meant

• DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    That lady is still talking to me, so I guess I didn't screw up too bad.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Must try harder

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    This latest post from Botnik Studios (the predictive text folks) is unfathomably NSFW but also very funny.

rfKdVpq.png

• never dienever die Registered User regular

I still can't get a read on the lady and I. She wanted to hang out this weekend but just cancelled on me. It's for a good reason but I dunno. We don't really talk or see each other at all so I don't feel like I'm in anything close to a relationship or whatever this is. I was gonna bring it up but whenever we do hangout it's nice and she always mentions doing other stuff so I push it to the back of my mind.

I don't really want to but I may just not really initiate anymore contact, since I'm primarily the one doing it, and kinda let it die.

Putting a little bit of the onus on her for the effort isn’t necessarily a bad idea, but I guess my question is: do you enjoy being around her? Are you fulfilled when you do hang out? If you are curious about where the relationship is going that’s completely fair and can be a good conversation to have.

At the same time, I would warn against, as someone who totally does this, overthinking the interactions. She had a good reason for cancelling, so it could be a bad sign or it very well could be, with it being the holiday times, it’s just hard for her to find time and stuff comes up.

Like, you most likely have a better read on the situation than I do, but I know I’ve often read way too into things than is warranted so I wanted to say something. In could very well be overstepping my bounds and if so, feel free to ignore me.

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    If someone ever gave me a vial of blood, I’d be weirded out, but I’d deffo keep it. I mean if I accidentally committed a crime and needed to throw law enforcement off in the right direction and you’ll slow them down for a couple of weeks.

never die wrote: »

Putting a little bit of the onus on her for the effort isn’t necessarily a bad idea, but I guess my question is: do you enjoy being around her? Are you fulfilled when you do hang out? If you are curious about where the relationship is going that’s completely fair and can be a good conversation to have.

At the same time, I would warn against, as someone who totally does this, overthinking the interactions. She had a good reason for cancelling, so it could be a bad sign or it very well could be, with it being the holiday times, it’s just hard for her to find time and stuff comes up.

Like, you most likely have a better read on the situation than I do, but I know I’ve often read way too into things than is warranted so I wanted to say something. In could very well be overstepping my bounds and if so, feel free to ignore me.

Oh yeah I really enjoy being around her! But, she's looking at going back to school at some point in the near future, with the possibility of some of the schools being over seas or out of state. So I guess it's more or less not going anywhere and I knew that early on so I don't really know why I'm trying to keep it going.

I just haven't met anybody in a very long time that I feel like I've connected with and I guess I don't really want to write it off. Buuuut that's absolutely what I need to do.

Hmmm reading that back it sounds pretty pathetic. Yikes.

• never dienever die Registered User regular
    Long distance relationships are hard, definitely. I feel like this is a conversation to have with her. If you are concerned, talking about how you both see the relationship going is healthy and completely fair. Maybe she's just riding it out while its comfortable, or maybe she's really into this but expresses it a different way? And it does sound like she has a lot going on.

I dunno, but reading it from my end a conversation sounds better than stopping talking to her altogether. It will get stuff out in the open and let you know where the relationship stands.

• SolarSolar Registered User regular

This isn't really being fair on yourself IMO

Also I love... synthpop

I went to a synthpop night yesterday, and I'm going to a synthwave night next Saturday

Really need to get some synth-y night clothes

Solar wrote: »

This isn't really being fair on yourself IMO

Eh I'd disagree. I'm indecisive by nature and all I've been doing is making myself mopey for no particularly good reason. We're not dating and nothing is official so being all whiny about it isn't gonna help.

I need to suck it up and get on with it.

And I'm gonna start getting on with it by eating these tacos, this bomb ass waffle and drinking cider.

p94z49a0pviz.jpg

I'm hanging out with the lads

Someone has suggested KFC, painting tiny metal soldiers and Aliens on the telly. All good

But this is KFCs last chance. If there's no zing this time I'm DONE

• CelloCello Registered User regular
    I am staunchly against KFC and have been for years

I appreciate their creamy green coleslaw but nothing else

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    I'm hanging out with the lads

Someone has suggested KFC, painting tiny metal soldiers and Aliens on the telly. All good

But this is KFCs last chance. If there's no zing this time I'm DONE

I look forward to your upcoming Kentucky fried rampage.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Kfc is the worst chain chicken in america. The only thing they excel at is marketing

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    KFC always makes my guts rumbly. It's specifically KFC too, other fried chicken joints don't bother me, and homemade doesn't bother me. Not sure what it is. I try to avoid it these days or just have a leg if it's being served somewhere I'm at.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
This discussion has been closed.