As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Love] and the gentle person

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Zing has been obtained

Mashallah

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »
    KFC always makes my guts rumbly. It's specifically KFC too, other fried chicken joints don't bother me, and homemade doesn't bother me. Not sure what it is. I try to avoid it these days or just have a leg if it's being served somewhere I'm at.

over the last 6 years I have eaten KFC 6 times. KFC's prices went bonkers over the last two years. As I remember getting the grand feast deal for $30 as I kept the receipt from when I got it. It had the nutrition on it which I found really odd. This May I went again and was shocked the same deal was not $45!

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Just had another fantastic night. We went to Punk Rock Swap Meet, then out to West Seattle to see some crazy Xmas decorations, then got pizza on the way home.

EDIT: Last night, that is. Who knows how rad tonight will be.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    I was done with KFC the moment I looked at the ingredients of their honey sauce, and saw it was mostly hfcs. I haven't been in years. I'd be fine if I was touristing it up somewhere, and didn't see much else available. But not going to purposefully go there.

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    guys, René Auberjonois died.

it's making me feel feelings. I am gonna go out on my porch and cry silently as I smoke several cigarettes.

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I wish I had gotten to go out on that date last week. This week is going to be so boring.

Uriel wrote: »
    I wish I had gotten to go out on that date last week. This week is going to be so boring.

I have not been on a date in 5+ years so I feel now it would be an awkward conversation
    This week has been so long since I only ate 4 times this week :(

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular

it's making me feel feelings. I am gonna go out on my porch and cry silently as I smoke several cigarettes.

I always liked him

• JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    As far as opening bumble messages go "you look exactly like my ex but your beard is 10x better" is...

Well it's something at least.

Matched with a woman on tinder and I just invited her out for a drink so we'll what happens there.

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019

My favorite memory of Rene Auberjonois will always be his scene with Armin Shimerman where Quark and Odo are stuck on a runabout for weeks and Quark complains that he's smacking his lips too loudly and he gives this look of annoyance and contempt and fuck-you-ery and tilts his head just so and lets out a barrage of petty, derisive lipsmacking

I know he had a long, distinguished career but I love Odo the Changling very much and I will always remember how deftly Auberjonois played him.

sarukun on
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    One of our volcanoes just erupted and in trying so hard to not be over excited about it.

I find geology super fascinating, but in trying to hold it in because there were several people injured and it feels wrong to be hyper curious about it all.

• KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    Kfc is the worst chain chicken in america. The only thing they excel at is marketing

They're better than Brown's, and Church's.

And I'd eat at KFC 100 times before eating at Chik-Fil-A, but that has nothing to do with the quality.

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Ketar wrote: »
    Kfc is the worst chain chicken in america. The only thing they excel at is marketing

And I'd eat at KFC 100 times before eating at Chik-Fil-A, but that has nothing to do with the quality.

Oh I don't even count chick fil a

Never heard of the other two

But I'd go Popeye's > bojangles > roys (yuck) > kfc (double yuck)

• KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Ketar wrote: »

Oh I don't even count chick fil a

Never heard of the other two

But I'd go Popeye's > bojangles > roys (yuck) > kfc (double yuck)

Brown's is apparently Chicago-area only, which I didn't realize. Church's has almost 1,000 locations though and is bigger than Bojangles.

Popeye's >> KFC > Any other chain chicken place I've encountered.

I like Church's but the nearest one to me is 7 miles away. I have ridden to it when I had a bike :(} But it's too far to ride to and back home with hot food

There is a churches across the street.

Maybe I'll have chicken today.

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    All the Church's locations in OKC shut down simultaneously because the same dude owned all of them and just plain old didn't pay his taxes for several years.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    so today I came home from errands and played Swords with my neighbor's kid, he insisted.

his dad came home and walked up like "he got you to play Swords, huh?"

I taught him about footwork and how to keep a guard up without giving it away, feinting. I could probably write like, a fuckin' treatise on the proper way to swordfight with sticks.

edit: The Ideal game of Swords, I think, is akin to unarmored fencing. Like, you wanna get that hit in, but not hard because mom will get mad and then no more Swords for you, so you just parry and juke and wait for an opening to get a little poke in so you get a point (pun intended).

edit2: I should get his friends in on this too, and raise a little army of swordschildren to do my bidding.

Depressperado on
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Make sure they are all aware they have no names.

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    All the Church's locations in OKC shut down simultaneously because the same dude owned all of them and just plain old didn't pay his taxes for several years.

Too bad we don’t do this to actual churches for nonpayment of taxes.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Love thread, I've always loved (harmless) volcanoes and today I got to see an active volcano in person for the first time ever! Sadly I didn't have time/means to get close enough to see lava and stuff, but I got to see old lava flows and ash and smoke comin' out of it and all that, and it was pretty dang cool!

And now I'm drinking a Japanese strawberry pocky Strong Zero chu-hai, which is 9% abv and literally tastes like drinking strawberry shortcake, and going out to do some city night photography. All in all, a pretty love-filled day!

Houk the Namebringer on
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I’m going insane. I cannot take the hot/cold shit anymore. One day she’s super friendly, chatty, even ambiguously flirty; the next day she acts like I’m not there. It wouldn’t drive me so crazy if I didn’t see and interact with her almost every day at work.

I can’t do this anymore. I need to leave this job. Maybe this city. She is driving me insane.

I feel like a Stepford smiler right now.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    My lower back is extremely sore today, I'm not sure what I did to cause this other than... getting older.

Actually it's probably that.

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    My lower back is extremely sore today, I'm not sure what I did to cause this other than... getting older.

it's all the fukkin'

My neck and upper back are in a lot of pain today. I keep sleeping on them funny because I can't get comfortable.

I didn't fall asleep until like 3am this morning.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »

it's all the fukkin'

It's true, on my knuckles I have "LUV2BONE" tattooed

• OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular

it's all the fukkin'

Which two bones?

• ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I'll bet one of them is the prone bone.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Orca wrote: »

it's all the fukkin'

Which two bones?

Yeah, especially seeing as there's 5 members of Bone Thugs-N-Harmony!

• DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    I’m going insane. I cannot take the hot/cold shit anymore. One day she’s super friendly, chatty, even ambiguously flirty; the next day she acts like I’m not there. It wouldn’t drive me so crazy if I didn’t see and interact with her almost every day at work.

I can’t do this anymore. I need to leave this job. Maybe this city. She is driving me insane.

Drez, I might have missed a post somewhere but is this a person you are currently romantically involved with?

DrZiplock wrote: »

Drez, I might have missed a post somewhere but is this a person you are currently romantically involved with?

No, and I’m just trying to figure out our friendship at this point. One day we’re cool, she’s asking my advice, including me in in this, this, and that, making suggestions about doing this, this, and that after work or on the weekend or whatever, treating me like a confidant, someone close, and then hours on the same day with zero interaction later she’s cold, aloof, even dismissive, and it doesn’t feel like her general demeanor changed because she seems to be consistent with other people in the office. It’s like she turns her friendliness toward me on and off at random. She did it to me yesterday and again today. I’m really tired and frustrated. I hate just about everyone else at work so I don’t even know what to do anymore.

New job.

Drop everybody. Change your name and burn off your finger prints.

I'm only partially joking. I don't know the situation but whatever her deal is she's either not actually into you at all or she has no idea how to handle her own emotions in a healthy and productive way. I'd say both of those are excellent reasons to cut this person loose. If you don't like anybody else I'd say find a new job if you can and move on.

• DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    DrZiplock wrote: »

No, and I’m just trying to figure out our friendship at this point. One day we’re cool, she’s asking my advice, including me in in this, this, and that, making suggestions about doing this, this, and that after work or on the weekend or whatever, treating me like a confidant, someone close, and then hours on the same day with zero interaction later she’s cold, aloof, even dismissive, and it doesn’t feel like her general demeanor changed because she seems to be consistent with other people in the office. It’s like she turns her friendliness toward me on and off at random. She did it to me yesterday and again today. I’m really tired and frustrated. I hate just about everyone else at work so I don’t even know what to do anymore.

I'd say distance yourself from her in general Drez, like don't stop being friends necessarily but orient yourself so that cold, aloof, even dismissive is the expected. She's just not as close of a friend as you think she is. Or you're more invested than she is.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
    As much as I’d just love to disengage completely, every time I make the decision to do that and actually just don’t engage with her at all, she pulls me back in. I feel like a ping-pong ball.

Anyway, I just wanted to vent. I’ll just suffer for now, it’s what I do best anyway.

This is the coworker that went with me as a date to my ex-friend/other coworker’s wedding who then tried to fuck her a couple of months later. Unfortunately I have a clusterfuck of emotion exacerbated by still having to work with him sitting behind me too.

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Sorry, buddy. That all sounded like an almighty shitshow when it happened, and it sounds like time isn't healing many wounds.

I hope something happens to improve either the situation or the way you feel about it.

GDdCWMm.jpg
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Sorry, buddy. That all sounded like an almighty shitshow when it happened, and it sounds like time isn't healing many wounds.

I hope something happens to improve either the situation or the way you feel about it.

Thanks. I think it’s actually getting worse for various reasons.

Juggernaut was joking, but I’m seriously considering not only leaving my job but moving far away from where I current am.

• DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    As much as I’d just love to disengage completely, every time I make the decision to do that and actually just don’t engage with her at all, she pulls me back in. I feel like a ping-pong ball.

Anyway, I just wanted to vent. I’ll just suffer for now, it’s what I do best anyway.

This is the coworker that went with me as a date to my ex-friend/other coworker’s wedding who then tried to fuck her a couple of months later. Unfortunately I have a clusterfuck of emotion exacerbated by still having to work with him sitting behind me too.

This is way way easier for me to say than it will be for you to do - but you don't have to let her pull you back in. There are no strings on you, you are as in control as you do or do not want to be.

I say this from a place of having been there and almost having something like this (but not quite) break me up for far too long. It is not easy, it is not fun, but it is 100% the best thing you can do for yourself. There are a handful of reasons she might be acting this way but you actually don't really need to concern yourself with any of them. You gotta do you, man, and this shit is not healthy for you.

Nor is the whole "I shall suffer because it is what I am good at." Just cause you have doesn't mean that it defines you. Also, you're not getting bonus points for it. Not a soul is looking toward you and going "ya know? he suffers REALLY well...I admire it."

Live your best life, dude. And that honestly doesn't involve this person as a main player in the least.

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

nyjztF0.jpg
    PurmbpZ.jpg
    5LNTdh9.jpg

but... but I'm only 35... that's not... that's not that old...

I don't know what any of that means!!

This discussion has been closed.