As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Impeachment] Intel Cmte Report Released (OP-2) | Judiciary Hearings Begin (2019/12/04)

1939495969799»

• Options
    MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    Not as long as Bill Barr is there to so "Don't worry, we aren't going to charge the VP with anything. It's all good."

At what level does that decision get made? I doubt Barr signs off on every indictment made in the entire DoJ.

All we need is one enterprising supervisor who's all out of fucks to see enough evidence to give the go ahead on an indictment against the VP, and that's when shit gets real.

Yes, Barr can quash it after the indictment has been filed. He has the authority to do that. But fuck, will that be hard to justify. And it's a ready made argument for impeaching Barr.

I don't think it'll happen. More likely Trump gets convicted in the Senate (ie, fuck all), but it's not technically impossible.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Trump may use it thinking he'll get new VP to help him grift faster.

Brody on
    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Giuliani is saying he'll give his "report" to the DoJ and to Congress.

Because you know, that's what the DoJ and Congress has been waiting on is some private citizen giving them unsolicited material.

• Options
    CelestialBadgerCelestialBadger Registered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »

I wonder if he's managed to find any dirt on Biden yet?

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Doc wrote: »
    Monwyn wrote: »
    https://www.politico.com/news/2019/12/06/adam-schiff-pence-jennifer-williams-impeachment-077532
    A national security aide to Vice President Mike Pence submitted additional classified evidence to House impeachment investigators about a phone call between Pence and Ukraine's president, House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff revealed Friday.

In a letter to Pence, Schiff (D-Calif.) asked the vice president to declassify supplemental testimony from the aide, Jennifer Williams, about Pence’s Sept. 18 phone call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, arguing that there is no “legitimate basis” to keep it secret.

1): Classifying things to obstruct a crime is illegal.

2): Vice Presidents may be criminally charged and convicted without bring impeached.

...by the Justice Department. So, good luck with that.

There's a long statute of limitations on this. He can always been prosecuted by the next Democratic administration.

And he should be.

• Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular

Because you know, that's what the DoJ and Congress has been waiting on is some private citizen giving them unsolicited material.

I’m looking forward to the House Dems not giving a fuck, then watching Fox and Trump’s sycophants reach for the fainting couch for why a private citizen and unregistered foreign agent isn’t allowed to dictate what counts as an official report to fucking Congress.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular

I’m looking forward to the House Dems not giving a fuck, then watching Fox and Trump’s sycophants reach for the fainting couch for why a private citizen and unregistered foreign agent isn’t allowed to dictate what counts as an official report to fucking Congress.

I'm waiting for it to involve a bunch more incriminating information.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular

Giuliani says a lot of things.
    https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/04/rudy-giulianis-mueller-counter-report-keeps-getting-smaller

He claimed, for example, to have a 140 page counter-report to the Mueller report. That became 85. Then 34.

It currently stands at 0 because it doesn't exist.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    Remember, Guliani was specifically hired to wrap up the Mueller report in a week or two.

Months before Mueller actually finished.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Tomanta wrote: »
    Remember, Guliani was specifically hired to wrap up the Mueller report in a week or two.

Months before Mueller actually finished.

Did anybody promise they'd be in a row?

• Options
    Giuliani is literally meeting with Russian agents in Ukraine and I’m sure they’re stringing him along and probably giving him nonsense bullshit that he’s totally falling for.

• Options
    LabelLabel Registered User regular
    Why do you think he's falling for it? Do you think he actually believes the things he says?

• Options
    Label wrote: »
    Why do you think he's falling for it? Do you think he actually believes the things he says?

Yes, he seems unbalanced.

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    So long as the base falls for it, he's golden!

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Rudy totally believes this shit too

His head is full of worms, not brains

• Options

There are a lot of Republicans genuinely falling for this because the "Data" and "research" that they look at, this is traffic'd in conservative circles is full on Russian propaganda. Hell a news story came out yesterday or Friday that the Pentagon is dismayed with the fact that a study of theirs showed that 46-48% of the armed forces believe Russia is our ally. Russian propaganda is working on our military.

Chris Cuomo interviewed a Republican Rep this week and when the Rep was trying to pull the typical Ukraine nonsense he asked Cuomo "So answer me this is crowdstrike owned by a Ukrainian?" and when Cumo emphatically says "NO!" you can see it in the Rep's face, and the tone of his voice when he says "Really?" that he honestly thought it was, and gives the reply "Not in the documents I've seen". Then when Cuomo goes in on the "server" nonsense explaining that it was a cloud based system and there is no physical server to take or hide, it does not exist, you can see the guys confusion as he tries to make sense of what he's been told.

Rudy Giuliani is a moron that absolutely believes the shit he's being given.

• Options
    evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    The other side of it is that the Ukraine and the US do not have an extradition treaty so currently there's no way to make Rudy spill his guts on Trump's illicit dealings.

tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • Options
    GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    The upside of all of this is that Rudy is basically burning a hole in his own wallet by hiding over there since trump isn't paying him anything and if trump goes down then he's basically stuck in a country that doesn't give a shit about 9/11 but probably will that he worked with a president that was fucking them sideways.

• Options
    Gaddez wrote: »
    The upside of all of this is that Rudy is basically burning a hole in his own wallet by hiding over there since trump isn't paying him anything and if trump goes down then he's basically stuck in a country that doesn't give a shit about 9/11 but probably will that he worked with a president that was fucking them sideways.

Oh, don’t fret for Rudy. He will no doubt find a welcome in Russia.

• Options
    HydropoloHydropolo Registered User regular
    evilthecat wrote: »
    The other side of it is that the Ukraine and the US do not have an extradition treaty so currently there's no way to make Rudy spill his guts on Trump's illicit dealings.

Unless Ukraine decides they are just tired of this shit and extradite him anyway. You don't NEED a treaty, it just dramatically increases the chance. I mean hell, even if they don't want to do that, they could decide he's violated his visa, and is an illegal alien and deport him back to the US for some bonus irony.

• Options

If trump goes down Rudy will be about as useful to putin as a pocketful of gravel in the desert so I don't see him getting any help from russia.

• Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular

If trump goes down Rudy will be about as useful to putin as a pocketful of gravel in the desert so I don't see him getting any help from russia.

Eh he's been working enough with the State department that he probably has some classified info at this point.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Regardless of his usefulness, Russia can easily afford to pay for meals for one guy for twenty years or whatever, and it is good to show people that it pays to betray American interests.

• Options

Trump isn’t doing this on his own. Lots of high-placed Republicans are involved.

• Options
    evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    Hydropolo wrote: »
    evilthecat wrote: »

Unless Ukraine decides they are just tired of this shit and extradite him anyway. You don't NEED a treaty, it just dramatically increases the chance. I mean hell, even if they don't want to do that, they could decide he's violated his visa, and is an illegal alien and deport him back to the US for some bonus irony.

Queue Trump asking Zelensky over another perfect phone call to not extradite Rudy...

tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • Options

Eh he's been working enough with the State department that he probably has some classified info at this point.

Whatever Rudy has Russia already has from trump.

Trump isn’t doing this on his own. Lots of high-placed Republicans are involved.

Sure, But that doesn't matter for rudy and besides which the republicans will burn russia super hard if trump goes down since donnie was there strongest supporter and the incoming democrats will likely be doing a full purge.

Ties to russia at that point will be a weakness of the highest order and not something to be launded.

• Options

Sure, But that doesn't matter for rudy and besides which the republicans will burn russia super hard if trump goes down since donnie was there strongest supporter and the incoming democrats will likely be doing a full purge.

Ties to russia at that point will be a weakness of the highest order and not something to be launded.

So then if Russia has Giuliani they can use his knowledge as "kompromat" to embarrass people like Nunes with how close they really were to Russia.

• Options

So then if Russia has Giuliani they can use his knowledge as "kompromat" to embarrass people like Nunes with how close they really were to Russia.

If we've reached the point where Rudy is fleeing to russia for safety then trump and everything associated with him is politically dead; Nunes and the republicans will write him off as a loon.

Beyond that though, the point of "kompromat" is to have blackmail material on the target and short of video of Nunes working a glory hole in the kremlin there isn't much that we don't already know about him and his inherent corruption particularly of the sort that an incoming democrat administration wouldn't be investigating him for.

• Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    So, this impeachment was supposed to be entirely about the Ukraine thing since is simple and to the point and people could understand it instead of getting lost on the noise (at least is what I understood) but then Pelosi seems to want to squeeze in the Mueller report?

Isn't that a complete change of strategy?

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    TryCatcher wrote: »
    So, this impeachment was supposed to be entirely about the Ukraine thing since is simple and to the point and people could understand it instead of getting lost on the noise (at least is what I understood) but then Pelosi seems to want to squeeze in the Mueller report?

Isn't that a complete change of strategy?

Judiciary has always thought it should be part of it, especially the obstruction parts. And they were right.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    LabelLabel Registered User regular
    The idea that the underlying events are separate is a media convenience.

We already have public reporting of Trump extorting Ukraine to get Konstantin Kilimnik out of Ukrainian custody and prevent Mueller form getting ahold of him, for javelin missiles.
    (I think this is the story, the NYT isn't readable for me right now. https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/02/world/europe/ukraine-mueller-manafort-missiles.html)

That's obstruction, and it's part of the pattern of selling out US interests for his own personal benefit. I suspect it will also eventually involve a lot of the same corrupt players in Ukraine.

• Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular

There are a lot of Republicans genuinely falling for this because the "Data" and "research" that they look at, this is traffic'd in conservative circles is full on Russian propaganda. Hell a news story came out yesterday or Friday that the Pentagon is dismayed with the fact that a study of theirs showed that 46-48% of the armed forces believe Russia is our ally. Russian propaganda is working on our military.

Chris Cuomo interviewed a Republican Rep this week and when the Rep was trying to pull the typical Ukraine nonsense he asked Cuomo "So answer me this is crowdstrike owned by a Ukrainian?" and when Cumo emphatically says "NO!" you can see it in the Rep's face, and the tone of his voice when he says "Really?" that he honestly thought it was, and gives the reply "Not in the documents I've seen". Then when Cuomo goes in on the "server" nonsense explaining that it was a cloud based system and there is no physical server to take or hide, it does not exist, you can see the guys confusion as he tries to make sense of what he's been told.

Rudy Giuliani is a moron that absolutely believes the shit he's being given.

For those that would like to watch the video of this, here you go.

It's wonderful.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
This discussion has been closed.