As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Star Trek: Give Us Sexy Dolphins Now!!

JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp.I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
The first episode of Star Trek: Picard is out! You can watch it on CBS All Access in the US, Crave (streaming) or CTV (broadcast) in Canada, and Amazon Prime everywhere else.
Jacobkosh wrote: »
REGARDING PICARD:

Since the show is being released in a nonsense patchwork of channels, formats (and times?) we'll be enforcing a strict spoiler policy. Wrap everything up in tags and then label your tags! If something wasn't in the trailer, assume it's a spoiler to someone somewhere, and act accordingly.

EDIT: when I say "label your tags," that means, among other things, please refer to the episode number(s) you're speaking of. Obviously that isn't a big deal right now, but it's going to become one in the next few weeks and months.

rRwz9.gif
Jacobkosh on

• fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    He joined the great link for good.

RIP.

• Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    I’ve always enjoyed seeing him pop up in different shows. He was instantly recognizable, and always had nuance in the roles that he played.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I love that his final tweet is a Marjane Satrapi quote as I absolutely adore her and Persepolis. With that said, I'm incredibly sad that it is his final tweet :(

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Marina Sirtis's husband, Michael Lamper, has also passed.

52329wlwlj14.jpg

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    To break up the gloom...

When Levar Burton learned that astronaut Mae Jemison is a Star Trek fan, he invited her to have a role in an episode he directed (Second Chances, the one with the transporter-duplicate of Riker).

gqt3xwqyd3ij.jpg

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    Damn...

Rene was an accomplished actor and he has both my respect, and a solid place in my childhood.

Off the beaten path- let's talk about his work for the Legacy of Kain videogame series, specifically Soulreaver forward

(This is a full mish-mash including Tony Jay (RIP), Michael Bell (81), and Simon Templeman (65))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2up8h1tMmck

• ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    He was great in everything that he was in. I’m replaying the Uncharted series and was literally watching his characters premiere scene in Uncharted 2 when the news came over my phone.

The Odo and Quark episodes of DS9 are some of the best. Hell my boyfriend just watched The Ascent yesterday.

Viskod on
    No-Quarter wrote: »
    Damn...

Rene was an accomplished actor and he has both my respect, and a solid place in my childhood.

Off the beaten path- let's talk about his work for the Legacy of Kain videogame series, specifically Soulreaver forward

(This is a full mish-mash including Tony Jay (RIP), Michael Bell (81), and Simon Templeman (65))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2up8h1tMmck

I adore Tony Jay, so I'm definitely going to watch this later.

• Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    Gods, poor Marina. What a horrible, horrible day.

• No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    I'm going to need a full perimeter around Sir Patrick Stewart.

• Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    RIP Rene. :(
    I'm going to need a full perimeter around Sir Patrick Stewart.
    And Brent Spiner.

|Ko-Fi Me! ☕😎|NH844lc.png | PSN | chi-logo-only-favicon.png(C.H.I) Ltd. |🏳️⚧️♥️
  • MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
  • WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Damn...

I also really liked his voice work as Mr House in New Vegas.

Anyway, when I saw the other Star Trek thread was closed (before spotting this one), I wondered what a new thread would have to talk about. I really wish it hadn't been this.

• Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    Armin Shimerman has taken to Twitter to smash our hearts to pieces

It is with great heartache and loss I share with you the passing of dear, dear Rene Auberjonois. His last message to me was entitled "Don't forget..." I know that I, Kitty, and all that knew him will never forget. The world seems noticeably emptier now. I loved him

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I was watching ds9 when I saw this actually. It made me realize it's been quite a long time since I watched the show with my parents as a kid and everyone is older now

• autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Armin Shimerman has taken to Twitter to smash our hearts to pieces

It is with great heartache and loss I share with you the passing of dear, dear Rene Auberjonois. His last message to me was entitled "Don't forget..." I know that I, Kitty, and all that knew him will never forget. The world seems noticeably emptier now. I loved him

Ouch, my heart

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    The Star Trek thread is turning into the Babylon 5 thread in the worst possible way.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    A very fine actor and highly loved and respected figure, he will be missed. DS9 going on this evening, for sure.

Solar wrote: »
    A very fine actor and highly loved and respected figure, he will be missed. DS9 going on this evening, for sure.

Good idea. What's the A-Number One primo Odo episode to be watching?

• ThirithThirith Registered User regular
    I think "Children of Time" is one of Auberjonois' best episodes, but the Odo it features for most of its running time isn't 'our' Odo. Still a great episode.

I grew up with TOS reruns and became a Star Trek fan with TNG, but I think Odo may just be my favourite Trek character ever. That's partly because he is usually interesting and written well, but it's mostly because of Auberjonois' performance. He will be missed indeed.

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    His episode of Who Do You Think You Are would have been a good one.
    His mother, Princess Laure Louise Napoléone Eugénie Caroline Murat (1913–1986), was a great-great granddaughter of Joachim Murat, one of Napoleon's marshals and King of Naples during the First French Empire, and his wife, Caroline Bonaparte, Napoleon's youngest sister.

• klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    daveNYC wrote: »
    Solar wrote: »

Good idea. What's the A-Number One primo Odo episode to be watching?

Necessary Evil is a great one for me.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
    Thirith wrote: »
    I think "Children of Time" is one of Auberjonois' best episodes, but the Odo it features for most of its running time isn't 'our' Odo. Still a great episode.

I grew up with TOS reruns and became a Star Trek fan with TNG, but I think Odo may just be my favourite Trek character ever. That's partly because he is usually interesting and written well, but it's mostly because of Auberjonois' performance. He will be missed indeed.

Children of Time is solid. I liked the Worf fan club crew and how every character was given good stuff to work with. Plus the ending shows that Odo can be pretty scary. That one and the one where he's in the elevator with Troi's mom will work for me.

He also voiced Chef Louis in The Little Mermaid.

• HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    Also was Mr House in Fallout Vegas, so this seems fitting

8kjrt3azcv6t.jpg

sig.gif
  • HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    Uuuugh

:(

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »

He did a lot of VA work - you'd be surprised how many 80s animated series had his name in the credits.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • VoodooVVoodooV Registered User regular
    A long long time ago, A younger VoodooV was watching AHEMPolice Academy 5COUGHCOUGHCOUGH shortly after DS9 first started airing and I thought I recognized someone:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpQsrTuoxXs

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Viskod wrote: »

He did a lot of VA work - you'd be surprised how many 80s animated series had his name in the credits.

and on that note:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aV--HzX9__I

(The Last Unicorn)

Commander Zoom on
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    I was just about to say, for me his line
    to remember is, "Haggard! Haggard! Unicorn! Uuuuuuunicorn!"

(I almost left in the misspelling 'Unicron!')

"But I rememmmberrr."

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular

"But I rememmmberrr."

Cybertron was indeed a land of wonders.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    His first credited role was in M*A*S*H

so that's a pretty damn good start to your career

Auralynx wrote: »

"But I rememmmberrr."

Cybertron was indeed a land of wonders.

Was he in a Transformers thing?

Jeffery Combs who played Weyoun was Ratchet in Transformers Prime, and he was amazing.

nah, they're punning off Unicron/unicorn.

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    His first credited role was in M*A*S*H

so that's a pretty damn good start to your career

He played Father Mulcahy in the film version, which came before the TV show

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Odo :(

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    My family is deep into Star Trek but we never watched DS9 back in the day, so maybe 4 or 5 years ago I got the whole set of DS9 and marathoned it start-to-finish, and Auberjonois' performance as Odo was one of the first things that truly endeared me to that show. There was a sly savviness to his character, but also an understandable loneliness. He will be missed.

This discussion has been closed.