As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

GT Secret Santa Thread: Proxy slumbers once more...

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure this is a dumb question, but I've spent over a half an hour looking for the answer and come up empty.
    How do I find someone's wish list on Amazon? I'm pretty sure I used to be able to go to the Lists drop down and there was an option to search for wish lists by email address, but it's either been removed or moved and I'm just not seeing it.

So, any pointers on where I should be looking?

• Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    see317 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure this is a dumb question, but I've spent over a half an hour looking for the answer and come up empty.
    How do I find someone's wish list on Amazon? I'm pretty sure I used to be able to go to the Lists drop down and there was an option to search for wish lists by email address, but it's either been removed or moved and I'm just not seeing it.

IIRC Amazon got rid of public wish lists.

I did misremember the conversation - they removed the ability to search for list by email specifically.

Elin on
    Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Elin wrote: »

I did misremember the conversation - they removed the ability to search for list by email specifically.

Or any method, other than the list-owner specifically sending you a share link.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    No 3D printer for me this year. :(

But Spiderman is still fantastic! :biggrin:

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    Figgy wrote: »
    Elin wrote: »

Or any method, other than the list-owner specifically sending you a share link.

Well, that's annoying. Guess I can stop being irritated at myself for being unobservant and start being irritated at Amazon for removing useful functionality.

So, Santa, if you're still looking for ideas, here's my Amazon wish list.
    https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/27W72X67MCBGU?ref_=wl_share

Maybe it'll help, my original message wasn't too detailed. Sorry about that.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    oh that's awkward. I think i told santa to check my email for wishlists. I have mine like subdivided so that makes it miserable to have to share individual links.

side note since I went to amazon to check that, it notified me that brandon sanderson has released a sequel to the book that i bought for a christmas gift last year and if you didn't know, they say brandon sanderson is more machine than man

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    My santa is going to have to ask around for my Amazon wishlist! YOU'LL GET NOTHING FROM ME!!!

Other than please no nudies or booze. If you're sending food please be sure that it's halal as I am a muslim.

Santee, brace yourself. First volley fired!

• Options
    QuicalQuical Registered User regular
    It is December. I have been paid. It's time to start the purchasing.
    Prepare yourself, Santee.

NNID: Quical
    STEAM: Quical
    Check out my youtube channel, maybe subscribe?: NerdAndOrGeek
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    OK, been dealing with Thanksgiving, family visiting, sick kids, being sick myself, and I feel bad I never shared out amazon lists since they removed the search feature. So I guess here's individual links for my lists that are less helpful now. Just take these as idea generators. If you want to get whatever else, go for it.

https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/3JOIM9GSFBFLH?ref_=wl_share

https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/3OHTQ4V0DHZGD?ref_=wl_share

https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/3BT25T6I1FKVK?ref_=wl_share

https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/T75H0OKO1SYQ?ref_=wl_share

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Santa, packages are open and pictures taken. I'll make a proper post soon but ... Holy shit this is amazing.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    Gifts sent, added an extra from amazon just to be able to send a message, other stores should all let you have gift options.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    I uh, discovered that I'll probably be on some kind of road trip for part of my partner's winter break. This meant I had to send off a less personalized package to Santee than I'd have liked, and santa, I'll get back to you on if this impacts being around to get a package. Worst case if we end up doing the long version of the trip option I'll have a friend with keys to our mail room though

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    ZeroCowZeroCow Registered User regular
    Santee, I have 60% of your gift(s) ready. I hope to be mailing everything next week.

PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
  • Options
    Santee. I have ordered part of your gift to you. I ordered to your address but accidentally with... my own name.
    I have asked them to change it but just incase uh... sorry. I'm very good at this "secret" thing.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I've received a gifting! It's labeled as "Gift 2" so I'm thinking there's something else coming my direction as well. Will report back.

• Options
    BloodycowBloodycow Registered User regular
    To my Santee, I am sorry you have yet to get a gift from me. I am usually super into this, but school has me swamped. Who would have guessed that electronics engineering finals would be difficult.

This weekend I will be ordering some things. So do not think I have forgotten about you!

" I am a warrior, so that my son may be a merchant, so that his son may be a poet.”
    ― John Quincy Adams
  • Options
    Bloodycow wrote: »
    To my Santee, I am sorry you have yet to get a gift from me. I am usually super into this, but school has me swamped. Who would have guessed that electronics engineering finals would be difficult.

This weekend I will be ordering some things. So do not think I have forgotten about you!

Come on Cow, it's only December 4th, we still got time.
    Right? I still have time?

• Options
    Yes, because I need time too.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    BloodycowBloodycow Registered User regular
    In numbers you still have time, but December for me is always a month that goes by too quickly.

Usually take my family on a weekend trip. Then have different holiday parties to attend for different parts of the family, school events for the littles. It just adds up quickly and then it's New Years and I'm wondering where the hell the month went.

" I am a warrior, so that my son may be a merchant, so that his son may be a poet.”
    ― John Quincy Adams
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    I've browsed the shopperies, but I've not yet ordered anything.

In my defense, I apparently live close enough that I could take an afternoon and do a drive-by with a t-shirt cannon and really put the fear of the holidays into them.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    I'm currently debating sending the gift(s) I have now, and then doing a second package later. I'll decide by this weekend.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I've received a gifting! It's labeled as "Gift 2" so I'm thinking there's something else coming my direction as well. Will report back.

Quick Santa, send him a gift labeled "Gift 1" and another labeled "Gift 4" and watch him lose his mind!

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    Dear Santee,

You better have some space on your PC Hard Drive. You have been forewarned.

I will strike in earnest when the time is right...

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Hey Santa....

So I lost my wallet last night. If you can use some Holiday magic to make it appear it would truly be a Christmas Miracle!

• Options
    Quical wrote: »
    Santee. I have ordered part of your gift to you. I ordered to your address but accidentally with... my own name.
    I have asked them to change it but just incase uh... sorry. I'm very good at this "secret" thing.

Santee I have fixed the issue and the package will be sent in your name. The secret may continue. Huzzah!

Expect gift 1 to arrive in 10-12 working days...

• Options
    Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    Santee, I have yet to begin my dark work. Don't worry, your gifts will be coming.

Santa, if you so need it, here's my Amazon wish list:
    https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/14JQIXEMXJTT5?ref_=wl_share

Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • Options
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Hey Santa....

So I lost my wallet last night. If you can use some Holiday magic to make it appear it would truly be a Christmas Miracle!

I found it! Thank you Santa!

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    4djopyu4k4si.png

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Package 1 is delivered, like 30 minutes ago, and package 2 should arrive tomorrow. I always forget how fast shipping is in the US.

Handkor on
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Gift 1 received!
    V4UItht.jpg

SD8dlPL.jpg

lpvep6q.jpg
    Thank you most secretive Santa, I think this one belongs in this thread but I’m not 100% sure because the note on the next one indicated G&T so who knows? Only Santa does. Probably should reveal yourself. :winky:

6BhiKu1.jpg

Got something started with my favorite knife.

Gift #2!!!:

acHJwnD.jpg

nCzJoGb.jpg
    You can see how I might get confused as this was the first package received from you monsters. :heartbeat:

68oh7a2.jpg
    This little, actually big (it says Lifesized!), thing is absolutely adorable. Makes the perfect porgo sounds. I’m seriously debating leaving it in package for collecting or removing so it can roam freely in the house.

Thank you, whoever you are, for the wonderful gifts! Brightening my hectic holidays already.

• Options
    Went to check the mail on my way to grab lunch, and found a package all out of proportion with the normal assortment of bills, credit card offers and realtors looking to buy my apartment.

As is the tradition, it is sent to the Christmas Tribble for inspection.
    e4l1swn9mgd2.jpg

I try to explain that opening will have to wait, as I'm supposed to be monitoring the work inbox and phone lines for the weekend. And I've got plans for the evening once I'm done with my shift on the phones.
    The tribble makes a compelling argument that opening should not wait.
    ajcho4tc7yh8.jpg
    I've really got to start taking care to hide the knives.

With no valid counter argument, and a particularly strong desire to not have to explain why I need stitches, the package is opened, and the tribble continues its investigation.
    1izzr12y0z0t.jpg

And the tribble perches near the haul and chirbles contentedly. It's work for another year done.
    0nv11dwqnifu.jpg

There wasn't a note or forum name that I saw, but the return address was from a Christopher at an APO address.
    So, thank you Chris, you've murdered it. I look forward to enjoying a variety of mystery candy that I don't know what 99% of the text means, and building the tank. Not sure what I'll use the Nintendo card on, but I'm sure I'll figure that out.

• Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Giiiiiiift get!
    ECEB5-CAC-279-B-4-EAC-AD62-CE4-FDC459625.jpg
    34-BA4-BD4-DD59-4736-B43-B-1-ACB1-FFFB7-B1.jpg

Christ, but Kratos is an awful dad, huh? I'm only a couple hours in, and boy, do you feel for the kid. (And for Kratos, too. When he reaches up to comfort his son, then... doesn't. Oh, jeeze, my heart.)

Thanks, Santa, I bet I'm gonna cry before I'm done! =)

• Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    UPDATE: Santa showed up and dropped a couple Switch codes on me!

Knights of Pen & Paper Bundle
    Heave Ho

Heave Ho will be a killer game to play with the nephews in a couple weeks, and KoPP is a *wonderful* get - I played the hell out of the first, but haven't had the opportunity to explore the second yet, so I'm very hype for the train ride home & back I have coming up.

Thanks again Santa! (And I'm already deffo sniffling at some GoW stuff.)

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Imperfect wrote: »
    Giiiiiiift get!
    ECEB5-CAC-279-B-4-EAC-AD62-CE4-FDC459625.jpg
    34-BA4-BD4-DD59-4736-B43-B-1-ACB1-FFFB7-B1.jpg

Christ, but Kratos is an awful dad, huh? I'm only a couple hours in, and boy, do you feel for the kid. (And for Kratos, too. When he reaches up to comfort his son, then... doesn't. Oh, jeeze, my heart.)

Thanks, Santa, I bet I'm gonna cry before I'm done! =)
    Imperfect wrote: »
    UPDATE: Santa showed up and dropped a couple Switch codes on me!

Knights of Pen & Paper Bundle
    Heave Ho

Heave Ho will be a killer game to play with the nephews in a couple weeks, and KoPP is a *wonderful* get - I played the hell out of the first, but haven't had the opportunity to explore the second yet, so I'm very hype for the train ride home & back I have coming up.

Thanks again Santa! (And I'm already deffo sniffling at some GoW stuff.)

Glad to see I didn't hit any duplicates! Happy holidays to you and yours!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    This thread needs this.

http://imgur.com/a/Z0dPADZ

Also, PAXU is now done. Now to actually stalk you Santee. Sorry for starting late.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    Went to check the mail on my way to grab lunch, and found a package all out of proportion with the normal assortment of bills, credit card offers and realtors looking to buy my apartment.

As is the tradition, it is sent to the Christmas Tribble for inspection.
    e4l1swn9mgd2.jpg

I try to explain that opening will have to wait, as I'm supposed to be monitoring the work inbox and phone lines for the weekend. And I've got plans for the evening once I'm done with my shift on the phones.
    The tribble makes a compelling argument that opening should not wait.
    ajcho4tc7yh8.jpg
    I've really got to start taking care to hide the knives.

With no valid counter argument, and a particularly strong desire to not have to explain why I need stitches, the package is opened, and the tribble continues its investigation.
    1izzr12y0z0t.jpg

And the tribble perches near the haul and chirbles contentedly. It's work for another year done.
    0nv11dwqnifu.jpg

There wasn't a note or forum name that I saw, but the return address was from a Christopher at an APO address.
    So, thank you Chris, you've murdered it. I look forward to enjoying a variety of mystery candy that I don't know what 99% of the text means, and building the tank. Not sure what I'll use the Nintendo card on, but I'm sure I'll figure that out.

It is I! Your Santa! I got a chuckle out of seeing your Amazon list after I already sent the package. I bought doubles of some of those candies and they're great. And some of them are weird, and great. Happy Holidays!

Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Dear Santa:

3usaqdpgmv5g.png

Um, I got your pre-advice Amazon box, but it came with 3 other Amazon boxes of stuff that I'd ordered, so I didn't open it right away to notice that it was a pre-advice box. Then the other box arrived! But I worked all weekend, so I didn't get to open anything yet ... but that will change!!! Like, this evening, after the kids are home.

The suspense is terrible! I hope it'll last. :D

• Options
    I love seeing other country's candies.

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Just got a message from @Proxy the Elf with a couple of (presumably) Steam codes in it! I'm at work, so I won't be able to check em out for another 10 or so hours, but I'll redeem them when I get home! Also, apparently something else is coming later, so that's exciting! Thank you Santa! Can't wait to see what these codes are!

Stabbity Style on
    Stabbity_Style.png