As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[BattleTech] The Clan Wait-vasion

• DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    @Fuselage You've been found out

3basnids3lf9.jpg

Ohhhh I see what's happening here.

@Nips They're custom printed off and the note at the end of the description (for danvehslag0 only) means that the guy who made them is just using eBay as the selling platform for custom decals. Which means @Fuselage should let this eBay guy know he's sitting on a gold mine

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Obviously he needs to be paying a cut to the Oosiks booze fund.

What is this I don't even.
  • NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »

@Nips They're custom printed off and the note at the end of the description (for danvehslag0 only) means that the guy who made them is just using eBay as the selling platform for custom decals. Which means @Fuselage should let this eBay guy know he's sitting on a gold mine

Yeah, so that's what was confusing me.

If you're commissioning custom decals, why would you then sell them on an open platform, instead of directly through private channels? What's to prevent, say, me, a commerce thief, from grabbing them before the intended customer can get them?

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    Nips wrote: »

If you're commissioning custom decals, why would you then sell them on an open platform, instead of directly through private channels? What's to prevent, say, me, a commerce thief, from grabbing them before the intended customer can get them?

Does eBay let you choose who to sell an item to?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular

Nope, but you can cancel orders. Not sure how many you can do before they block you from selling though.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7

I'm not aware that you can, but as a seller I've never tried. Like, that's not really the point of a platform like eBay. I know, as a seller, you can extend special discounted offers to members that are watching your listings. Not sure if you can wholly exclude the unwashed buying masses from a listing, though.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • FuselageFuselage Oosik Jumpship LoungeRegistered User regular
    And here I was going to wait til next Thursday to buy it and assume nobody would see it!

Yes, I am at fault for this tomfoolery. I sent them a message that others would want to buy them as well. To be honest he'd been out of touch for a while so I assumed I hadn't actually ordered them until he came back the other day!

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
    Fuselage wrote: »
    And here I was going to wait til next Thursday to buy it and assume nobody would see it!

Yes, I am at fault for this tomfoolery. I sent them a message that others would want to buy them as well. To be honest he'd been out of touch for a while so I assumed I hadn't actually ordered them until he came back the other day!

Darn those meddling @Nips . At least now I get the joke that @DaMoonRulz posted.

oosik_betsuni.png

Well then, I'm sorry that you've run afoul of my panopticon-like watch over all eBay listings under the manse of "scratching my Battletech itch". Purchase on, good consumer!

• HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular

Yoink! Christmas time!

kx3klFE.png
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    lybVBGv.jpg

The Inner Sphere's true secret weapon against the Clans was a Warhammer the size of Godzilla.

These old Robotech models are a royal pain in the ass to assemble and desperately need a paint job, but hot damn now I own a gigantic Warhammer :D Kinda makes me want to get moar of these and do a 4v4 with giant mini's.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    I can't recall, was there ever a Warhammer variant that had those chest-mounted missile launchers like the Destroid Tomahawk had?

The gun clusters underneath are a whole other issue. If memory serves the four guns are a flamethrower, a (mecha-scale) grenade launcher, a laser, and a machine gun in each. And then there's the twin machine guns in the head for anti-air & CIWS purposes.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    The base one never got crazy with missiles as far as I can tell (1-2 SRM or an MML launcher). The Warhammer IIC though...

Yoink! Christmas time!

I deserved this.

For everyone else, here's this new link so the rest of us can order!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Battletech-miniatures-Clan-and-IS-Insignia-decals-Oosik-s-Irregulars/202850089458?pageci=5b97ff40-bbc5-4e7a-9757-4339a552b56a

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
    Done and commerce'd!

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Yay!

Hopefully the big ones will work for the dropship when the Kickstarter actually ships!

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
    edited December 2019
    Hopefully the big ones will work for the dropship when the Kickstarter actually ships!

I'm certain they will, at a half-inch square. That's almost wider than the torso of some light 'Mechs.

Which gives me some silly ideas...

Nips on

I'm certain they will, at a half-inch square. That's almost wider than the torso of some light 'Mechs.

Is it small enough to fit on the top of the King Crab?

oosik_betsuni.png
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »

Is it small enough to fit on the top of the King Crab?

There are sports complexes smaller than the top of the King Crab, so probably? :D

• HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular

Yoink! Christmas time!

I deserved this.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Battletech-miniatures-Clan-and-IS-Insignia-decals-Oosik-s-Irregulars/202850089458?pageci=5b97ff40-bbc5-4e7a-9757-4339a552b56a

I was trying to make decals on my printer that were exactly these, but failed miserably because it's a POS.

So, sorry and thanks! :?

kx3klFE.png

Yoink! Christmas time!

I deserved this.

I was trying to make decals on my printer that were exactly these, but failed miserably because it's a POS.

So, sorry and thanks! :?

Hey, I'm one of the least active Oosiks (heh) and I'm pleased as punch everyone else can get a chance at the decals. Odds are you guys will use them before me, and but the time I do I'll have some great lessons learned so I don't screw it up! This is a win-win!

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kRrSuOPCb-NkCHMVEfOSoy4CyQK-lVdkO_1wEtQ8CQ8/edit?usp=sharing

I just updated my column, looking for a Jenner, a Dragon, a Centurion, and I kinda want the Legendary Archer, just cuz.

At that point it'll probably be after everything has arrived and folks can see what they have, and figure out what they'd still like to have.

Buuuut for reference I'll have about 6 different IS mechs, and 4 different clan mechs, plus whatever comes in Salvage (unlikely to want any of those tbh).

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
    Tox wrote: »
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kRrSuOPCb-NkCHMVEfOSoy4CyQK-lVdkO_1wEtQ8CQ8/edit?usp=sharing

I just updated my column, looking for a Jenner, a Dragon, a Centurion, and I kinda want the Legendary Archer, just cuz.

At that point it'll probably be after everything has arrived and folks can see what they have, and figure out what they'd still like to have.

Buuuut for reference I'll have about 6 different IS mechs, and 4 different clan mechs, plus whatever comes in Salvage (unlikely to want any of those tbh).

I feel like the Salvage boxes are probably going to be the thing that swings trading into high gear, as people get random stuff that may or may not agree with their tastes.

I feel like the Salvage boxes are probably going to be the thing that swings trading into high gear, as people get random stuff that may or may not agree with their tastes.

I'm still debating on how many mechs I want to keep and want to put on the chopping block.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    I'm definitely hoping to find a new home for the Banshee from the Heavy Lance, one of the two Wolverines you get from the AGoAC+BB minis pack, the Grendel from the Clan Invasion box and the Mist Lynx from the Clan Command Star. There's a bunch of others I wouldn't mind trading if someone has what I want, but would be just as happy keeping (including the Urbanmech).

Salvage boxes are going to be interesting. I'm getting 3 of the clan ones for the level I'm backing, plus a few more for picking IS lance force packs (I'm not sure if those will be clan or IS salvage though). As for the Legendaries? I'm getting all 4 of those mechs' regular minis anyway, so it didn't seem worth it to get the force pack just for the pilot cards. As for the legendary salvage box; I'd love to have Natasha's or Morgan's pilot card, and would be 50/50 on keeping Grayson's, but don't really care for Aidan Pryde so I'd happily trade him.

Gotta set myself up on that Google doc.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    edited December 2019
    And now I'm entered into the Google Docs list. Although it doesn't look like I'll have much luck, nobody has the stuff I want listed for trade, and few of the things I'd like to trade are listed as wanted. I might have to look around elsewhere online.

Edit: also, HOLY GEEZ nips, squeegee, and fuselage. You lucky bastards. I had been sitting on all the gift money I'd gotten from 2 birthdays and last Christmas and still couldn't go bigger than Bloodnamed + Retaliation box & a force pack (well, and the Alpha Strike commander's edition).

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
    edited December 2019
    I am a consumer whore. Honestly though, Battletech has just about become my favorite and only money hobby; it's like Warhammer 40k for me, except models aren't $40 apiece. :P

I also really want to support CGL because without ongoing purchases from customers they'll lose market traction, and we'll see the game slip into the torpor it fell into a while back. I like getting new releases and seeing the timeline move forward.

As for trades vis a vis the Salvage Boxes: per the KS FAQ, all of the 'Mechs will come from the Wave 1 Clan 'Mechs.

Nips on
    As for trades vis a vis the Salvage Boxes: per the KS FAQ, all of the 'Mechs will come from the Wave 1 Clan 'Mechs.

For some reason I was thinking that one or two of the clan Wave 2 packs would be included but couldn't remember. Either way it's definitely all clan mechs

In an effort to spread the eye candy, here's some painted prototypes of a handful of the new Clan 'Mechs. These were pasted to Camospecs's Facebook page by Brushido (tiger camo) and B1Bflyer (Ghost Bear).

So. Damn. Sexy. That Executioner sculpt is just goddamn amazing.

EYvqo0W.jpg
    M45j5Od.jpg
    v6i0XZq.jpg
    fUUt56B.jpg

I love how chonky they all are. Like, especially considering how some of the older sculpts were very not chonky at all (looking at you, Atlas)

For some reason I was thinking that one or two of the clan Wave 2 packs would be included but couldn't remember. Either way it's definitely all clan mechs

From the pledge manager:
    ghnrbhkmdh6r.jpg

Ok thread, I've hit an impasse and I want some opinions.

So you all know I'm trying to assign models in my collection (current and Kickstarter-future), and so that means a lot of figuring out how I want my upcoming Cluster's worth of 'Mechs to get assigned to Clans. I already had two handfuls of Clans figured out from my existing collection, and some of those might get doubled up once the new plastic shows up. I was hoping to fill gaps, though, and use the Kickstarter to field some Stars representative of the Clans I didn't yet have planned out.

That said, I'm really struggling with the military identity of some of the remaining Clans on my list. I just settled on an Ice Hellion star ("Speed Over All": Fire Moth, Piranha, Hellion, Viper, Grendel) and a Goliath Scorpion Seeker Star (Fast & Flexible with Lasers: Adder, Horned Owl, Ice Ferret, Battle Cobra, Stormcrow).

But what about the rest of these Clans? Does anyone even care about them, or is there something interesting to the way they deploy 'Mechs?
    • Fire Mandrill
    • Cloud Cobra
    • Burrock
    • Coyote

Burrock is basically Star Adder, they were absorbed by them after it was discovered they had a little too close of a relationship with the Dark Caste.

Coyotes invented the Omnimech and ran the most of them, especially amongst their second line units. Also they have the Golden Keshik.

Cloud Cobras seem to specialize in aerospace fighters.

Fire Mandrill were Reaved, their military seemed to be organized around bloodhouse (Kindraa) more than cluster. That would make them much more suited to guerilla style combat

If I had to pick one to "save" I'd say Coyotes but only because they're basically "Clan Wolf without the Mary-Suedom"

• DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    I don't think there's anything in particular that's distinctive about them, other than the Cloud Cobras' penchant for integrating aerospace assets.

The Burrocks were absorbed by the Star Adders while the initial invasion was happening. The Mandrills were destroyed during the Wars of Reaving.

The Cloud Cobras and Coyotes still exist, although the Coyotes were mangled in the Wars of Reaving since a lot of the Society Cabal used their assets. The Cobras remained a potent force last time we had any insight into the Homeworlds. They have a long history of staying out of stuff but also being monumentally unpleasant to fight against.

EDIT: It's also worth pointing out that these Clans had basically no interaction with Inner Sphere units except for the Fire Mandrills getting whacked by the Capellans during the Great Refusal.

Diplominator on
    Also Coyote tactics seem to be "Long range weapons. No. Longer."

It's almost all LRMs, ERLLs, and ERPPCs

• DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    NO. LONGER

Then they invented the ATM system with ATM-ERs.

NO. LONGER

Then they invented the ATM system with ATM-ERs.

sonuvabitch they did

Did they also magically discover the EXTREME range band?

'Cause I always thought it was funny that suddenly in the latter era of the game's existence, the designers figured out that advanced weapons systems might shoot past 300 meters. :P