As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Labyrinth] pbp

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    I have a feeling points are going to come in waves and droughts, because as people align parts of the board to make passages, other players can then take advantage of those (like discrider's crazy U-shaped path to the ghost that made a straight shot for jdarksun to get the skull & crossbones), until the passages start to get broken up out of necessity. And then there will be another slow period as players start to build new paths.

Did ArcSyn score?

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    discrider wrote: »
    I have a feeling points are going to come in waves and droughts, because as people align parts of the board to make passages, other players can then take advantage of those (like discrider's crazy U-shaped path to the ghost that made a straight shot for jdarksun to get the skull & crossbones), until the passages start to get broken up out of necessity. And then there will be another slow period as players start to build new paths.

Did ArcSyn score?

Nope, they've gotta wait for another opportunity to get where they are going. But, that was like 6 scoring turns in a row you all had before it. The jeweled ring was ArcSyn's first point in the game, oddly enough.
    Score:
    • ArcSyn = 2 (jeweled ring, mail coif)
    • discrider = 2 (treasure map, ghost)
    • JPants = 2 (rat, moth)
    • jdarksun = 2 (candelabra, skull & crossbones)

And just so we have the current board & tile on the current page...
    4i26aww5v1dg.jpg
    New spare tile:
    xwjsrov4fuct.jpg

discrider's turn is next.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    Insert tile vertically from the right in the middle row.
    Move up and left onto the bat.

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    xhbv3icykg4y.jpg
    New spare tile (tailed hobbit? friendly troll? you decide):
    249vkumdwobh.jpg

JPants' turn is next.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    Hrm, looking at it now, there's no hair on the feet and it's got cat ears, so it's not a hobbit.

camo_sig2-400.png
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Yeah, it all depends on how the paths go. My wife once beat me soundly because she scored 4-5 turns in a row while I was struggling to make paths.
    Of course, that was two player so the board moved less between turns.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Orient -|, insert left side of middle row (next to princess).
    Move U R U U U L L L D L D D L L on to princess.

edited December 2019
    Sorry, that's where the 'friendly troll' tile was just pushed out from (I should probably start noting that in the board updates). Gotta find somewhere else to put it back on the board.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
    @JPants forgot to signal you, please see above.

camo_sig2-400.png
    edited December 2019
    DOH, I keep doing that.

JPants on
    Orient -|, insert right side of middle row, move up one.
    @H3Knuckles

edited December 2019
    ypv9icdjv36t.jpg
    New spare tile from left end of middle row (X1,Y4):
    bf69c3xz87r0.jpg

It's jdarksun's turn now.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Rotate tile counter clockwise (so it looks like -|).
    Move DDRR

@jdarksun which side of the lower row am I adding the tile to? Either result makes your movement possible.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
    p7owefpfscan.jpg
    New spare tile from right end of lower row (7,2):
    20kes8j7kg56.jpg

It's ArcSyn's turn now.

camo_sig2-400.png
    Convenience!
    Slide tile |- right side of middle row.
    Move onto tile.
    Score!

4dm3dwuxq302.png
    edited December 2019
    Insert piece horizontally on the top row from the right.
    Don't move

discrider on
    edited December 2019
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    Convenience!
    Slide tile |- right side of middle row.
    Move onto tile.
    Score!

d7rl48rvlfai.jpg
    New spare tile from left end of middle row (1,4):
    1u2jzhdd4ouq.jpg

ArcSyn score another point!

Score:
    • ArcSyn = 3 (jeweled ring, mail coif, dragon)
    • JPants = 2 (rat, moth)
    • jdarksun = 2 (candelabra, skull & crossbones)

I'll post the results of discrider's turn in a few minutes...

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
    Insert piece horizontally on the top row from the right.
    Don't move

e4nes9oipeib.jpg
    New spare tile from left end of upper row (1,6):
    t164ukb3ji5d.jpg

Now it's JPants turn again.

camo_sig2-400.png
    edited December 2019
    Orient like as is and insert up from bottom of middle column.
    Move L, D, L to keys
    cross fingers that I have finally made a successful move on the first try.

Lets try this again below...

JPants on
    JPants wrote: »
    Move L, D, L to keys

Nup.
    You're trying to cross a wall to get onto the rat.

JPants wrote: »
    Move L, D, L to keys

Nup.
    You're trying to cross a wall to get onto the rat.

And fail once again. Thanks. Lemme fix.

Orient |_ and insert bottom of middle column.
    Move U, R, R, D, D, D to gecko.
    @H3Knuckles

pgu355vt7uts.jpg
    New spare tile from top of middle column (4,7):
    gxy07vxgrl9k.jpg

It is now jdarksun's turn.

camo_sig2-400.png
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    ctj4zu3ppeue.jpg
    New tile from top of middle column (4,7):
    ti5d031z1qh8.jpg

jdarksun scored another point!

Score:
    • ArcSyn = 3 (jeweled ring, mail coif, dragon)
    • JPants = 2 (rat, moth)
    • jdarksun = 3 (candelabra, skull & crossbones, spider)

ArcSyn's turn is next.

camo_sig2-400.png
    Hey H3K, if you can put the score at the bottom of each update that would be awesome. If it's any amount of work, don't worry about it. I can easily scroll, it's just nice to reference (and cause i can never remember who is what colors)

edited December 2019
    Nah, that's no problem. It's not like I'd need to re-enter the formatting each time, I can just quote it from the last post and update the info as needed.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
    Insert r shaped top of middle column.
    Move up, left, and down to crown.
    Score

4dm3dwuxq302.png
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    Insert r shaped top of middle column.

Can't put a piece directly back where it was last on the board. Please pick a different insertion point.

camo_sig2-400.png
    camo_sig2-400.png
    Whoops, wasn't paying attention. Insert in the bottom of that column then, in the orientation it's pictured.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
    ujlpi9wa32sq.jpg
    New tile from top of middle column (4,7):
    82dgsqzvvbcn.jpg

ArcSyn scored another point!

Score:
    • ArcSyn = 4 (jeweled ring, mail coif, dragon, royal crown)
    • JPants = 2 (rat, moth)

Now it's on to discrider.

camo_sig2-400.png
    Ok.. people are pushing me around for no reason it seems.
    Insert horizontally in the middle row, and move to the treasure chest I guess.

fzuxfqo7h266.jpg
    New tile from left end of middle row (1,4):
    q019yc90vh6h.jpg

Score:
    • ArcSyn = 4 (jeweled ring, mail coif, dragon, royal crown)
    • JPants = 2 (rat, moth)

JPants is up next.

camo_sig2-400.png
    edited December 2019
    I don't want to be a nag and 'at' people every turn, but I feel like 24 hours is long enough to merit a poke for attention. JPants, it's your turn now.

@ArcSyn @discrider @jdarksun @JPants Since it's the holidays now, and at least a few of you are playing in the mummy [phalla] thread, let me know if you guys want to put this on hold, or want me to start pinging you when its your turn, or any other changes/adjustments to how we're running this. Lord knows I haven't been able to babysit this thread as much as I planned to when I started it up, so I don't begrudge anyone being slow to respond.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
    edited December 2019
    Oh whoops, glad you can read my mind there H3, although I suppose adding the tile to the left wouldn't allow the move

discrider on
    lol