As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

2019 [CRYPTIC SANTA] & [SECRET CARDS]! Wait, is that what classiness looks like?

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    49gsom52v7gl.gif

!!

I have received a cute apron, a pastry brush, and a super nice knife and A COPY OF THE FOUR AND TWENTY BLACKBIRDS COOK BOOK FKING THANK YOU AAAA

This is EXTREMELY good gift giving by some anonymous Canadian!!! Thank u Santa!!

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Lists are important y'all! :P

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Oh, uh, addendum to my list, cat toys/accessories are also appreciated! Especially like, if you wanna go ham with it, I've got a cat tree in desperate need of replacement; the scratching posts on it are just wrecked.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    Lists are important y'all! :P

yes, yes they are

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    So, looking back at previous years listings, I've realized that they won't work anymore - as we finally bought our house last January.

Yes:

Art: Our walls are a bit bare, so artwork is something that we would really enjoy. Since this is something that would be displayed publicly, I ask that it is something tasteful in design. If there's a local artist that you really like, that would be something we would enjoy, as well as Native artwork, given that my wife is Native. Another thing would be geeky yet well done prints - I found these prints to be interesting, in particular this one.

Games: We both have PS4s as well as a Switch, and both a desktop and laptop capable of playing most games , so Steam is also an option. We tend to lean towards getting major titles that interest us, so if you want to go this route, it would be better to go with an indie title that you think is good (for example, I've been hearing a lot of interesting things about Disco Elysium.) On the side of board games, with us now having our house, it would be great to get ones that you think are good, especially if they can be played with two players (that said, we own things like Cards Against Humanity, Exploding Kittens, Dominion, Coup.)

Kitchen: We've been doing a lot to get our kitchen kitted out - I even managed to surprise my wife by actually having something I wanted for Christmas - an immersion circulator. One thing that would be great are cookbooks, as we can always use more recipes, especially if there's a particular cookbook that illustrates a cuisine that you enjoy.

Food: As in the past, if there's a local specialty that you think would be good, we'd be happy to receive it. That said, my wife can't eat mushrooms, and can't really taste orange, so those are going to be no-gos with regards to foodstuffs.

Lego: Now that I actually have room to display sets, I'm looking to collect Lego sets again. Right now, I'd like to get some medium size sets that would be good for display, like the Lunar Lander or ship in a bottle sets.

No:

Please nothing NSFW, nor alcohol - neither of us drink, so such gifts would be wasted.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Guess I'm just gonna polish this off for the third year.
    DA likes:
    Tabletop RPGs (though I have a fair amount so it needs to be odd for me to not have it if it interested me and I knew about it.)
    Board games
    Books (though I'm kindle based nowadays)
    House stuff? (I have no idea OMFG what am I doing.)

DA dislikes:
    Hops
    Physical media, I'm not a caveman!
    Not cool stuff?
    Wishlists apparently.

In all seriousness though I like trying new things. Local foods/specialties, art you especially like, whatever. I'm horrible at finding new authors and that sort of thing. I generally have the vidja games I want and not enough time to actually play them. Oh yeah, comic book trades are an exception to physical media. I read them and then pass them around to friends so they don't clutter stuff up.

Uh, probably no NSFW stuff as I found it mostly weird to get from random folks and don't know what I'd really do with it. I am of course American, so stuff like Oglaf (NSWF) is mostly what I'm referring to rather than say stuff like KillSixBillionDemons. Heck, even Oglaf would probably be fine as it's funny and NSFW, not just NSFW for sexiness.

Also also, yeah, I guess I like webcomics too.

To expand/update:
    Webcomics I follow include Oglaf, KillSixBillionDemons, SomethingPositive, all of Mary Cagle's stuff, Questionable Content. For Oglaf at least, I own the only shirt that Trudy made that'd I'd actually wear in public.

The last couple years I fall into improv theater pretty hard. Not sure how that translates into gifts though. I have Will Hines books as well as the two big classics by Spelvin/Close. I've somehow managed to resist the siren calls of flannels so far.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Updating again from last year’s list:

I like exotic woods for carving/whittling.

I like games and art stuffs I can do with my nearly 6 and 1 year old daughters.

I like your crafty/creative things.

I like your local brews/coffees/teas.

My shirt size is XXL and I have size 10.5 feet for fun tee shirt and comfy sock ideas.

I probably don't like nudie things.

I'm not allergic to anything.

If you are going to go the video game route, I've got a PC which I prefer for most games but I can’t really use currently for long stints while raising up these children. I have a PS4 which I hardly use for gaming and from last year have an amazing backlog for so I might ask to skip that platform. I have a Switch that my eldest daughter and I both enjoy using quite a bit. I currently own Splattoon 2, Zelda BOTW, Octopath Traveler, and Lego Ninjago and Just Dance 2019, super smash bros, and oh my god I’ve added so many games since last year, maybe skip this platform too. I JUST got an Xbox One X with Jedi Fallen for Black Friday sale, so, I don’t really have any other games for Xbox right now so that’s be cool to go hunting on. I do have game pass and all that so the stuff free on there I have access to already. I’m up for just about anything expect most shooter games on console because I’m terrible at them if not on PC.

My amazon list was posted earlier, it’s not really a perfect gift place as so much of it is high price stuff I’m just watching for myself.

If my Santa has already done the thing, I can assure you I will be excited for whatever comes my way.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Hello people! Here is a list!

I would like a Blowtorch! Like for cooking things. Not for welding. Though I gues- ok no. Cooking.
    I have Phillips Hue lights and more chroma ones would be cool!
    Monster manual cards, the official ones. The cards are so much easier than flipping through pages!
    Pillar cheese grater, e.g. oxo etc. The kind you can hold down with a hand and grate on.
    I drink tequila. If you know of a good brand I'll try it!
    I have a 14in circular iron (not non-stick!) griddle that has sadly developed a vicious deformity in the bottom. Because I have a glass-top range now, I can't use it because it won't sit flat. Needs replacing.
    There is a brand new Joy of Cooking this year!
    I have been trying to buy a moka pot for idk how long but I keep forgetting to actually do it.

Games? Yes!
    I would like to play Outer W*lds. The one that isn't a Fallout clone is the one I think.
    Disco Elysium looks cool!
    RDR2 is on my list.
    My steam name is spool32 and things on my wishlist are real and I like them!

Iron Man is legit my actual hero and MCU Iron Man art is great.

Clothes I think I'd prefer not!
    nsfw things nah.
    Also we don't have a lot of places for like, objects. We display only a few things and don't have shelves for more. Figurines or other objects like that are not on the list right now!

I hope that helps!

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Oh nooooo

Being busy all month has led to me missing this entirely this year ;-;

Hopefully I can participate next time (also pls open signups earlier)

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    Oh nooooo

Being busy all month has led to me missing this entirely this year ;-;

Hopefully I can participate next time (also pls open signups earlier)

Oh noooooooo :(

• Options
    mRahmanimRahmani DetroitRegistered User regular
    Wishlist!

Steam ID: mrahmani
    Xbox: mrahmani
    PSN: mrahmani87
    Switch: Have one, don't play online though. Not sure how digital purchases work there.

Amazon wishlist: Link

Things that I like:

Videogames! I like games, and I play pretty frequently on all the systems mentioned above. I like most genres except for horror... shooters, platformers, driving games, RPGs, couch co-op games, you name it. The only game I've bought myself this year was Super Mario Bros U for the Switch, so I've missed any cool titles that came out in 2019.

Fandoms! I'm a giant nerd and I love getting nerd stuff. Here are my favorite things to nerd about, in no particular order:

Star Wars
    Star Trek
    Harry Potter
    Lord of the Rings
    Firefly
    MCU (I would love to read some comics, but I don't know where to start, so my experience is purely with the movies at this point)

Books! I love to read, and my wife and I have put together a solid collection over the years. My personal favorites are sci-fi stuff, but I also enjoy fantasy and mystery books. Some authors I've liked recently: Michael Crichton, Timothy Zahn, Naomi Novak.

Legos! Small sets are fun to build with my kids, big ones are fun to build with my wife.

Cars! I work with cars, I play with cars. My favorites are 60/70s American muscle cars, but I love cars across the spectrum - exotics, JDM, euro classics, baja trucks, you name it. Any car geek stuff would be super cool.

EDIT: Things I do not like:

Please no NSFW, I will probably be opening this with kids around anyway.
    I don't drink or smoke, so while a fine whisky or cigar would be undoubtedly cool, no thank you!

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Oh I forgot to add my obsessive fandoms:

Star Wars, everything
    Dungeons and Dragons, especially Critical Role
    I guess I’m going to add Red Dead Redemption now
    Minnesota Vikings and Twins
    Nebraska Cornhuskers
    Formula 1 Racing

• Options
    kni23rlaybhy.png

shots fired

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Most of the stuff is ordered, the rest I can probably procure locally then send on out.

• Options
    Tav wrote: »
    kni23rlaybhy.png

shots fired

k6msxa8rliwn.jpeg

Amazon making a liar out of me!

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    @Hahnsoo1 sent Thanos and I a very cool gift and thoughtful note.

This is good because I liked Coates' Black Panther series and was wanting to read this

5hysoifpc2bt.jpg
    2ad0ghox1ud5.jpg

Element Brian on
    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    RPCPm8Il.jpg

I got a Cryptic Card from Bleric, an original piece of holiday art! Thanks @Blameless Cleric !

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    49gsom52v7gl.gif

Abqm89B.jpg

Anyone for tea? Or pour over?

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    One more big present for Thanos from @Hahnsoo1

9ovlw0cftchx.jpg
    5ox378spgcqi.jpg
    m9d2tqts9vjj.jpg

Thank you very very much from both of us

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    Various gift cannons fired!! :) Some may happen faster than others

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    I, too, have cannoned gifts

• Options
    Gifting away!

Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I got a battery pack that I don't remember ordering but there's no tag or anything. So if that was my Santa, thank you!

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    So apparently in the Thanksgiving haze and pre Unplugged furor an Amazon package I thought I knew the contents of went ignored. I was wrong, so very wrong.

ba6h2s9p1xla.png

What's this now? Some sort of special British food? Does Tea and Crumpets ship well?

mcl5lw9ls3gm.png

Oh, it is an assortment of things which appear to be in the shape of candy bars but are labeled with strange and bizarre names that are unfamiliar to me. I do hope they are at least as good as the classic Hershey's chocolate.

qy8et15vij23.png

A handsome block of metal? I love metal! It's so heavy and good for hitting things with!

1lzfo83mq6h0.png

Oh these are clever bits of metal! Despite the box not being solid metal these things are impressively hefty. I'm sure they'll lead to the demise of many players (and perhaps a PC or two as well!)

l6wmzuo5lvn6.png

o6oalf5hqsev.png

Well this is just outright creepy. These have, respectively, been on my "Buy" and "Really should try out" list for awhile. I have no idea how you figured that out but I commend you.

In a serious tone, thank you so much Tav. You have been incredibly generous to me. I am aware that American chocolate is basically brown tile grout and just hope I don't acquire a taste that requires international shipments to satisfy. A metal dice set and those board games were all exactly the sort of thing I'd like but couldn't justify purchasing for myself at the moment. This makes them all the perfect sort of present!

You even top it all off with the classy note and actual Irish! Google assures me that I should respond: "Go mba hé duit" and something about buying a round...

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Wispa is great

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    Wispa is great

That is a fine haul alright and i'm very partial to a Twirl myself - it's definitely put me in the mood for horsing a selection box or two into me over Christmas.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Anonymous Canadian Santa strikes again!!

A French rolling pin and a bench scraper!!! Finally I can stop using an old table leg to roll pie dough!

Thank you!!

• Options
    edited December 2019
    oh hell yeah, i'm delighted you like your haul! I employed only the finest minds to research your interests (aka I asked my board game playing friends what they'd like) and I'm glad it's paid off

merry christmas, my dude!

Tav on
  • Options
    Ahhhhhhhh. So much classiness, and the month has only begun! I love it.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    HerrCron wrote: »
    Wispa is great

That is a fine haul alright and i'm very partial to a Twirl myself - it's definitely put me in the mood for horsing a selection box or two into me over Christmas.

Twirls are all of the benefits of a Flake with none of the mess

a fine bar of chocolate

• Options
    What could this be? Could this be...

49gsom52v7gl.gif

oefgwy68fxm6.jpg

xfgsudwxfcia.jpg

I've been dropping not-so-subtle hints all season to all of my friends and family to get me microphones, but this is the first microphone I've received for the year. This is exactly what I wanted. I don't own an instrument dynamic microphone yet, so this is perfect! Thank you SO much, whoever you are!

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Secrets awaaaaaaayyyyyy

• Options
    Double barreled shot released. It’ll take a bit, but things are on their way, Santee!

• Options
    edited December 2019
    49gsom52v7gl.gif

Imagine my surprise when I return from grabbing lunch and some groceries to find this in front of my door!

364dv8habftc.jpg

Inside was a very lovely cat tree! Pictures to come once I..clean up my place a little and figure out a good spot for it. Unfortunately it will look a bit smaller in my picture, but for good reason; about, oh, five minutes after I fully assembled it, Merci being the big kitten she is, toppled the thing trying to climb to the top! So she's already in love with it.

Thank you very much, from both of us, @Dynagrip

Edit: As promised!

ocrtifwxsuwc.jpg

Ilpala on
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Holy mother forking shirtballs. MOAR GEEEFTS!

iZKkz9Cl.jpg

I’ve been desperately needing more backup storage, and this will keep me going for YEARS! Thank you so much, my mysterious Secret Satan! I love it!

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    I believe I have gifts waiting for me at home

Will follow up soon

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Gift shot fired!

I am unreasonably anxious and I hope the giftee likes what I sent

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    With the smoke clearing after the last gift bomb, the hero watches with bated breath. But alas, a figure is revealed hiding in the debris, unscathed.

"Did you think this was over?"

49gsom52v7gl.gif

I received a shirt today. It's styled after Goku's gi and is very neat! But almost better than getting a cool shirt was the laugh I had reading the item description:

"Master Roshi Ball Z Turtle King Kai Dragon T Shirt Tee"

Good job, Amazon. And thank you again, @Dynagrip !

Ilpala on
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    49gsom52v7gl.gif

Got a package today at work, and it took me a bit to figure out what it was.

pftq0rp8yupc.png

WHAT COULD THESE BE?

inlb7lhucesq.png

Oh. yeah.

Amazing, thank you so much, whoever you are!

sig.gif
  • Options
    Yay! I’m glad it arrived safely. Something about being an American trying to deliver things to Canada is nerve wracking.

Enjoy!