As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Nothing Gold Can Stay. A Lil' Bub memorial thread.

#pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odoursPope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
Lil Bub is gone and everything sucks.
pitl3h6883vr.jpg
On the morning of Sunday, December 1st 2019 we lost the purest, kindest and most magical living force on our planet. BUB was cheerful and full of love laying in our bed with us Saturday night, but unexpectedly passed away peacefully in her sleep.. I have always been fully transparent about BUB's health, and it was no secret that she was battling a persistent and aggressive bone infection. Even knowing this, we weren't expecting her to pass so soon or so abruptly without warning. I truly believe that she willingly made the decision to leave her failing body so that our family would not have to make that difficult decision ourselves.

It is impossible to put into words the profound effect that BUB has had on my life, on the lives of thousands of homeless pets, and on the lives of those of you that have cared for her as if she were your own family. She taught me everything that I know about unconditional love, she brought my wife Stacy and I together, she's the reason we have our beautiful children Rosco and Lula, and she has been a constant source of warmth and love in our lives for the past 8 years. To say that our family is devastated would be an understatement.

But most importantly, BUB has made a huge difference in the world of animal welfare, and in the lives of millions of people worldwide. She has literally saved thousands of lives (both pets and humans), she started the first national fund for special needs pets, she was the subject of groundbreaking genetic and biological research, she's helped raise over $700,000 for animals in need, and has spread a message of determination, positivity, and perseverance to people all over the world. And even though my heart is absolutely crushed by her graceful departure from planet Earth, I know that her sprit, magic, and overwhelming energy are still with us, reminding us every day to be better.

Dearest BUB, I will never forget your generosity, your limitless supply of love, or your uncanny ability to bring so much magic and joy to the world. I am forever honored and humbled that you chose me as your caretaker. Please visit all of us in our dreams often. GOOD JOB BUB.
https://youtu.be/ikAb5MI4a5Y

https://youtu.be/fnlFS6d7dc8

Grumpy Cat and Lil Bub in the same year, fuck everything.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    o>

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    This is a bad year for Cats. Gonna snuggle my kitties when I get home

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    good job, bub.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    no not bub nooooooooooooooo

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    still haven't recovered from Linney a few months back :(

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Lil Bub was given a good life, full of love from her owner and a world of strangers. At the end of the day, that's the most any cat can hope for (hell, it's the most any of US can hope for in OUR lives), and the most any of us can give to the animals in our lives.
    I'm happy to have gotten to know her, even if through the remove of the internet, and I'm happy to know she was loved until the end.
    It's a tough thing, raising a pet, knowing that (in all likelihood) you'll outlive them in the end. But it's a beautiful thing, that I wouldn't trade for the world.
    Godspeed, Lil Bub, and thank you for everything. Sincerely, a random stranger on the internet.

Dex Dynamo on
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Lil bub was a sweet girl and she encouraged me to adopt a disabled kitten of my own, knowing that they are still full of joy and love.

1hsr0pjf6oz5.jpg

Thank you for helping bring me so much joy, lil bub

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    still haven't recovered from Linney a few months back :(

boo and gabe still hurt :(

c'ya space kitter

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm glad she at least passed peacefully in her sleep and spared her humans the difficult decision of putting her down.

Even in death she was thoughtful and sweet.

Rest in peace, Lil' Bub

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    This was terrible news to wake up to yesterday.

Between my cat, Cammy, then Grumpy Cat, Lil BUB, and still others... fuck 2019.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    Grumpy Cat doesn't bother me because he really felt like he was treated as a product, not a pet. Plus the whole 'Tard thing.

But man that dude sure loved Bub.

• Options
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    If you haven't seen a full Bub Yule Log video git you dat now. It's the perfect season!

• Options