As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

SE++ Minecraft: We're Still Here!

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    If you are stuck you could always pick up a different project 👀

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    sponospono Mining for Nose Diamonds Booger CoveRegistered User regular
    Everything is fine

lo25f3uk9rbp.png

640qocnq4ske.gif
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    The old, 'run around with a steel sword because a zombie stole your good one' trick. I know it well!

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Tef wrote: »
    The old, 'run around with a steel sword because a zombie stole your good one' trick. I know it well!

That iron sword IS my good one! Mostly I use stone tools and weapons

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »

That iron sword IS my good one! Mostly I use stone tools and weapons

ಠ_ಠ

• Options
    JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    Welp, one section of the quarry down. Ferret received a lot of stone for help with things.
    mdxgnr9b2xfw.jpg

Now on to the next part. I've got a couple of enderman pearls that i might make a couple of chests and just port everythin back to base into a sorting system.
    yvkh0iuytzb2.jpg

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Good god, that's a big hole!

I'm starting to make good progress on my road. It's clearly visible on the dynmap now! I'm gonna go near the subway station and extend to the canal. Then there'll be a nice safe road all the way from spawn to the canal, passing a bunch of places of interest on the way.

Then I'm gonna build my big marble palace on the flatlands near my hovel.

• Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    Looking for terracotta? Come on over to Terracotta Town at -450, -1450. A joint project by @Jakarrd and myself (though at this point Jak has done a lot more work), it is a town of masons who've learned to use the plentiful sand somehow to make glorious shiny terracottas. All the glazed ones are available either through direct purchase or by baking the regular ones. The availability of regular terracottas is increasing daily.

The town is reachable by air, by following the North Road, or by taking the Nether Road from Spawncelona. Follow the yellow wool road to Terracotta Town!

• Options
    Vrtra TheoryVrtra Theory Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    What... is this? 350 missed posts in Minecraft channel? So many people talking? Head exploding...

I've got some vacation coming up in December so there better be room for me somewhere :).

(Oh nooo looks like I need whitelisting... could "VrtraTheory" be added in Minecraft?)

Vrtra Theory on
    Are you a Software Engineer living in Seattle? HBO is hiring, message me.
  • Options
    AeytherAeyther Registered User regular
    @Vrtra Theory added!

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    I have not had even one second to play this and it’s driving me nutterbutters

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    My ticket is still in queue to get my account recovered.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    Just buy a new one!

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    I’ve been flat out too and haven’t played in weeks. It’s killing me!

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I’ve been flat out too and haven’t played in weeks. It’s killing me!

Out of all the times I've been on over the last 3 or 4 days, there was only ever one person on at the same time as me, once. I do see things are getting built though, like that huge cathedral.

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Rummaged around the map for a bit and I think I've found my spot (it's up in the northeast jungle, a little ways away from the border and near a warp house).

uvikyb6cljex.png

Hopefully I'm not squatting on top of anyone!

Vrtra Theory on
  • Options
    Pretty sure that should be safe. The closest thing to a settlement I know of is that village next to the warp house and I just lit it up a bit and dug that canal to make it safer for anyone heading there.

Take stacks of seeds with you and you can make parrot friends in the jungle!

• Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    uwuaba7g6zi1.jpeg

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    uwuaba7g6zi1.jpeg

Well I mean the guy's capable of carrying millions of kilograms of gold...

• Options
    For once I'd like to build a nether portal and end up inside a small cave surrounded on all sounds by netherrack. Instead of on a 1-high platform suspended a mile above a giant lava lake, surrounded by angry ghasts...

• Options
    Progress:

- I think I've decided what I'm going to build out here in the jungle. For now, of course, it's just a bunch of random tunnels near my mines.

- Enc's and Maya's stores in Spawn are awesome ( :) ) and I've made some heavy use of them to bootstrap up to a decent pickaxe and a couple pieces of diamond armor. Next I need to find a village where I can trade in for some mass emeralds.

- I assume there's an end portal somewhere but haven't searched for pathways to it yet. Maybe there's a nether road?

• Options
    mccartmccart Registered User regular
    There's a nether road to the end, go in the portal at spawn and go down the tower and then go south, there should be signs labeled stronghold

• Options
    Progress:

- I think I've decided what I'm going to build out here in the jungle. For now, of course, it's just a bunch of random tunnels near my mines.

- Enc's and Maya's stores in Spawn are awesome ( :) ) and I've made some heavy use of them to bootstrap up to a decent pickaxe and a couple pieces of diamond armor. Next I need to find a village where I can trade in for some mass emeralds.

- I assume there's an end portal somewhere but haven't searched for pathways to it yet. Maybe there's a nether road?

It's Defster's store, I just decorated. :)

• Options
    The village closest to me in the north east has been abandoned :(.

I accidentally triggered a Raid in the village by killing a nearby pillager leader. I held my own until the sixth round where I was killed by those little flying guys and then they slaughtered all the villagers.

I actually don't know if it would ever be safe to deal with a raid in a village, those little vexes can attack villagers and go through walls.

• Options
    Something I noticed: someone in the End has built a nice little forward base underneath an obsidian pillar. I'm pretty sure that all that stuff (there's some chests and an Ender chest) will be blown up if you ever respawn the dragon at some point.

• Options
    MirroMirro Registered User regular
    Was gathering coral in the ocean near Deep Hearth when I got kicked by the server with some kind of Unhandled Exception error.

This would have been around 9:50a PST 12/8/19. I don't know if the server logs would show anything.

When I logged back in I was at the death screen and when I got back to where I was previously in the ocean there were no items dropped (though there were some bits of coral/seaweed floating around so I know my stuff wouldnt have despawned).

Soooo looks like I died so hard my inventory got deleted :bigfrown:

• Options
    Mirro wrote: »
    Was gathering coral in the ocean near Deep Hearth when I got kicked by the server with some kind of Unhandled Exception error.

This would have been around 9:50a PST 12/8/19. I don't know if the server logs would show anything.

When I logged back in I was at the death screen and when I got back to where I was previously in the ocean there were no items dropped (though there were some bits of coral/seaweed floating around so I know my stuff wouldnt have despawned).

Soooo looks like I died so hard my inventory got deleted :bigfrown:

No errors on the server side, says you timed out and lost connection around 0945 PST.

• Options
    1.15 (the one with the bees) just released, so if you're going to be on the server make sure to switch to the prior update to be able to access it.

• Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Are we going to upgrade the server to 1.15?

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    Yes, soon we will declare our war on our most evil of enemies.

The bees.

• Options
    JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    Progress:

I dunno how far along you are, but if you need emeralds then do try this...
    If you can portal to my base (just down the road from spawn), I have a TON of stone hanging around. Feel free to grab almost a full inventory worth with at least one free space. Then take the portal to terra cotta town which is next to my portal practically (see the yellow wool road) and there are a bunch of masons that will take stone for emeralds.

I've almost got the second part of my quarry fully mined so I need to make new storage area for rocks at base and transfer chests again. Just not sure where or how I want to build it.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    Jakarrd wrote: »
    Progress:

I dunno how far along you are, but if you need emeralds then do try this...
    If you can portal to my base (just down the road from spawn), I have a TON of stone hanging around. Feel free to grab almost a full inventory worth with at least one free space. Then take the portal to terra cotta town which is next to my portal practically (see the yellow wool road) and there are a bunch of masons that will take stone for emeralds.

I've almost got the second part of my quarry fully mined so I need to make new storage area for rocks at base and transfer chests again. Just not sure where or how I want to build it.

Thanks for the offer! I'm still getting used to the new trader system, it looks like there's basically a "hard cap" now for the traditional farmer path (basically once you cap off trades, you have no choice but to wait until that villager goes and uses their special block). So it seems like the days of "save up enough inventory for hundreds of emeralds" are not as viable anymore.

• Options
    Actually was just reading about the 1.14 village changes and I am really impressed -- the new village system has some annoyances but it feels way more open-ended now (you could make actual working underground cave villages, floating villages, apartment buildings, etc.). May change some of the ideas I had for my own base :).

• Options
    Yeah, skyiarthorn is a sky village and farms

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Enc wrote: »

I have thoroughly investigated it... well, as thorough as you can. I spent like 20 minutes walking through it and have still probably missed half of it. Peeked at your fancy wheat farms... traded some carrots I brought with me to a farmer hanging out on a precarious ledge outside a cheery town... ran quickly from a tower filled with suspicious hisses and creaks... I didn't find what I was really looking for though, which was an enclave of hand-picked librarians selling tomes of ancient knowledge.

Vrtra Theory on
  • Options
    Enc wrote: »

I have thoroughly investigated it... well, as thorough as you can. I spent like 20 minutes walking through it and have still probably missed half of it. Peeked at your fancy wheat farms... traded some carrots I brought with me to a farmer hanging out on a precarious ledge outside a cheery town... ran quickly from a tower filled with suspicious hisses and creaks... I didn't find what I was really looking for though, which was an enclave of hand-picked librarians selling tomes of ancient knowledge.

We hid that well

• Options
    Radiation wrote: »

I was going to update this weekend, but I saw 1.15.1 was going to be out here soonish? Might wait for that to come out, looks like it fixes some critical issues.

https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Java_Edition_1.15.1_Pre-release_1

• Options
    I know not everyone uses client mods, but it takes a couple days for new Fabric API, then for mods like VoxelMap & OptiFine to get updated, etc... when possible, it would be nice to have some extra time before updating so mods will be ready.

(Note: I am not running the server and have no Minecraft admin experience, so take this as a question and with a grain of salt, maybe there are good reasons not to wait.)

• Options
    Aeyther wrote: »
    Radiation wrote: »

I was going to update this weekend, but I saw 1.15.1 was going to be out here soonish? Might wait for that to come out, looks like it fixes some critical issues.

https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Java_Edition_1.15.1_Pre-release_1

Last time I logged in (yesterday) the server was already on 1.15?

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    So my brother and I used to share a Minecraft account tied to a parent's email, back in The Day, but a couple years back he ultimately tied the account to a personal email address when the switch to Mojang accounts was mandated

So he's buying me a Minecraft account for Christmas to make up for it, at least! I've been itching to play again