As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Excellent scheduling choice

The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, OmeganautRegistered User, ClubPA regular
edited February 2008 in PAX Archive
I just noticed that with PAX08 being on the 29-31 of August, many of us in the US will have a full day to decompress and recooperate after the expo as Monday, September 1 is Labor Day, which is a holiday from work/school for most of us.

Huzzah!

BLM - ACAB
The Geek on

• Crit_FailCrit_Fail Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    The Geek wrote: »
    I just noticed that with PAX08 being on the 29-31 of August, many of us in the US will have a full day to decompress and recooperate after the expo as Monday, September 1 is Labor Day, which is a holiday from work/school for most of us.

Huzzah!

It is also an entire weekend that is a PTO black-out for some attendees. =]

Crit_Fail on
    "The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think." - Horace Walpole
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2008
    Parent Teacher Organization?

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Paid Time Off, if I remember correctly.

Basically he's saying that he's going to get paid to goto PAX.

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    We just got lucky this year with the last week of August sharing Labor Day Weekend. Think I'll stay in Seattle through Monday at least, relax and get paid for it.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • nearlysobernearlysober Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Speaking of scheduling I have a concern. E for All is schedule for that very same weekend and I'm concerned that some people will have a hard time making up thei... hahahaha ah I can't even say it with a straight face.

Can't believe they're so stubborn & stupid to attempt to move in on PAX's turf.

nearlysober on
    edited January 2008
    Speaking of scheduling I have a concern. E for All is schedule for that very same weekend and I'm concerned that some people will have a hard time making up thei... hahahaha ah I can't even say it with a straight face.

Can't believe they're so stubborn & stupid to attempt to move in on PAX's turf.

Man... I forgot that they were the same weekend. There goes my idea to head out there just to "Gizmodo" them to death.

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited January 2008
    Haha, I totally forgot about that too.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    They are still doing E for All? Sorta forgot about then with all my planning for PAX.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • BadazzBadazz Registered User new member
    edited January 2008
    i think we should spend that day at Penny arcade offices giving a great party for the guys that throw pax for us all! woot yay for PAX!

Badazz on
  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    At least we won't have those E for All people outside WSCTC this year...I hope.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Badazz wrote: »
    i think we should spend that day at Penny arcade offices giving a great party for the guys that throw pax for us all! woot yay for PAX!

Everyone is still at the WSCTC that day tearing down pax :P

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Sl1pstreamSl1pstream [E] BelgiumRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    They are still doing E for All? Sorta forgot about then with all my planning for PAX.

Sure they are. Do you really think putting monitors in shirts is cheap? Money doesn't grow on trees, you know.

Sl1pstream on
    edited January 2008
    Nope, it grows from the breasts of those poor girls with TVs in their shirts.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2008
    Qs23 wrote: »

Yeah, I'll be taking paid vacation on Thursday and Friday and then have the paid holiday on the following Monday.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
    edited January 2008
    whypick1 wrote: »
    This year they'll be outside PAX handing out admittance tickets & same day airfare vouchers to attempt to get a few people to show up at E for All

nearlysober on
  • ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    whypick1 wrote: »
    This year they'll be outside PAX handing out admittance tickets & same day airfare vouchers to attempt to get a few people to show up at E for All

I think we need anti E for all shirts. Like these fine shining examples. If they can spam at pax, we mock at them back.

E for All losers

E for All who suck.

Viscountalpha on
    edited January 2008
    We do have Anti-E4All shirts, they're called PAX shirts

;-)

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• SnickersSnickers Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Which I, for one, wear all the time. I've just about worn out my '05 Nvidia shirt. Who needs to shop for shirts, when you have PAX!

Snickers on
    <@frellnik&gt; and suddenly, Snickers
    edited January 2008
    I one time passed out drunk and face down in a puddle of my own puke in a friend's bathroom in my PAX05 shirt. The resulting washing wore out the P and 5 a little bit.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Pat McRotchPat McRotch Registered User regular
    edited January 2008

That is what I am saving my PTO for!! Cha-Ching!

Pat McRotch on
    xPat+McR0tch.png
    patmcrotch.png
  • KaitouAyashiKaitouAyashi Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Snickers wrote: »
    Which I, for one, wear all the time. I've just about worn out my '05 Nvidia shirt. Who needs to shop for shirts, when you have PAX!

Totally. I remember packing for my 1st PAX last year and going shopping for shirts because I was certain I'd need them! Dude, I came home with at least 3 more t-shirts than I'd packed - and I wasn't even really TRYING to get free shirts. Lots of people said they snagged 5 or more.

KaitouAyashi on
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: i will nom all of your boxes
    [15:02] Tajah: I like you BR but I'm not letting you nom my box
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: Did I mention I hate you all? cause i do
    PAX Twitter Shitter~*~ Retired Bar Liaison: 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament~*~
  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I got 5 in '05 and only paid for one:

*PAX '05 - I get one every year
    *nVidia - I still get them, even if my loyalty has not been rewarded (*hint*hint*)
    *Pirates - Friend I was with got two, so I got the "Support Piracy" one
    *Might and Magic - I knew those kindergarten crayon lessons would pay off
    *Rainslick - Halfway through the Q+A one of my group spotted 4 people leaving their seats, so we snagged 'em. All 4 of us got the shirt.

Needless to say, as long as PAX keeps going, I'll never need to go out and buy t-shirts elsewhere.

whypick1 on
  • LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I think I ended up with 6 shirts from '07. Two of them were identical except size, so I gave one of them to my roommate. I only paid for one shirt, and it was in the clearance bin at the PA merch table. :D

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
    edited January 2008
    How many people got shirts that weren't XL or L?

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
    edited January 2008
    All the shirts I got were Medium unless they were out of medium, then I got a large.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited January 2008
    Bah... all I got were L's or XL's... but I guess that is what the Washer on Hot and the Dryer on High is for.

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • leafleaf Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I would say if you're of average frame, even tall, get yourself a small, I got mediums and those are all a bit too large, I'll probably end up taking them in sometime. I mean 6'2" and the mediums are a bit large for me still.

leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg
  • yoshamanoyoshamano The fuck is this. The fuck was that. Marshall, Soviet MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Funny story about the shirts. I'm 6'3" and 285 so I find myself in the land of 2XL and 3XL. At both 06 and 07 I've walked up to the merch booth and asked "What do you have in 3XL?" 06 was one PAX shirt and something else, 07 was one PAX shirt and nothing else. Sorry to anyone else that shops in the tent and awning section of the clothing store and wanted a PAX shirt. lol

yoshamano on
    pa_forums_sig.jpg
  • Pat McRotchPat McRotch Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    yoshamano wrote: »
    Funny story about the shirts. I'm 6'3" and 285 so I find myself in the land of 2XL and 3XL. At both 06 and 07 I've walked up to the merch booth and asked "What do you have in 3XL?" 06 was one PAX shirt and something else, 07 was one PAX shirt and nothing else. Sorry to anyone else that shops in the tent and awning section of the clothing store and wanted a PAX shirt. lol

I am in a similar boat. I have learned not to get very excited over free T-shirts. They are never large enough...

Pat McRotch on
    xPat+McR0tch.png
    patmcrotch.png
    edited January 2008
    I've got a weird version of "Goldilocks and the 3 Gamers" going through my head right now.

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle Seeress WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Speaking of shirts, I would like everybody to know that I would really like to go back in time and bitch slap myself for not buying a PAX 04 shirt. If I had one of those I could visibly lord it over everybody else...... sigh.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • SnickersSnickers Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Speaking of shirts, I would like everybody to know that I would really like to go back in time and bitch slap myself for not buying a PAX 04 shirt. If I had one of those I could visibly lord it over everybody else...... sigh.

I missed a PAX '05 and '06 shirt. I'm still trying to figure out how THAT happened!

At least I came to my senses and purchased a PAX '07 shirt. Better late then never I always say.

Snickers on
    <@frellnik&gt; and suddenly, Snickers
    edited January 2008
    I missed an 06 shirt because they were sold out by the time I made my way over to pick one up. I do have my 05 and 07 shirts though, and my CCST 06 and 07 shirts.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    People who were not present at PAX 06 should not have All Hail Ball shirts.

In other news, the dilemma of attempting to attend DragonCon and PAX in the same year has been skirted because they're on the same weekend. PAX for the win.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • proXimityproXimity Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    It would be nice if they did reruns of previous PAX shirts for those of us who were dumb enough to miss getting them the first time, though it would spawn impostors.

proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited January 2008
    Yeah fuck those fakers. I earned all of my PAX and "All Hail Ball" shirts the hard way (not that $20 constitutes "the hard way", but you know what I mean).

whypick1 on
  • KaitouAyashiKaitouAyashi Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    yoshamano wrote: »

I am in a similar boat. I have learned not to get very excited over free T-shirts. They are never large enough...

Yeah, my bf wears one of those two sizes and has only 2 shirts from PAX that he wears. I also made a strategic decision to hit the PAX Merch booth 1st thing when the Hall opened.

I also did not purchase an All Hail Ball shirt. I felt it would be wrong.

KaitouAyashi on
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: i will nom all of your boxes
    [15:02] Tajah: I like you BR but I'm not letting you nom my box
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: Did I mention I hate you all? cause i do
    PAX Twitter Shitter~*~ Retired Bar Liaison: 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament~*~
  • Crit_FailCrit_Fail Registered User regular
    edited January 2008

Not quite.

I will be taking PTO(Paid Time Off a.k.a. holiday hours) to attend on Friday (and possibly prepare on Thursday) but some of my compatriots are unfortunate enough to have weekend jobs. Weekend jobs who have "blacked out" the entire weekend, being labor day weekend, due to high volumes at said workplaces. Thusly preventing them from taking any time off to attend the event.

So, as they say, one for me. And one for my homies.
    I promise to try not to pour any Bawls out on the carpet in the center. ;-]

Crit_Fail on
    "The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think." - Horace Walpole
  • kaldoniskaldonis Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Not sure if it was mentioned but September 1st should be a holiday for us Canadians too (Labour Day as well). This pleases me.

kaldonis on
    edited January 2008
    If you have to work PAX weekend clearly the only solution is to quit your job. If your employer doesn't respect the holy weekend of PAXamadon then they are truely agents of evil.

My buddy once quit his job to attend a BBQ... two weeks in advance he asked for the day off... they said they required 3 weeks notice for days off... so he gave his two week notice.

And that was just for a gamer BBQ... PAX is at least 137% better than BBQ goodness... you know what to do.

nearlysober on
This discussion has been closed.