As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fire Emblem: Heroes] Now with Cowgirls

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    ....I've had runs of almost 200 orbs where I haven't gotten a single 5*.

Hell, when I actually go in after a unit, it regularly takes more than 100 before I'm pity broken by something else

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Acheron wrote: »
    1. No, miniscule chances. If you want a 5 star exclusive unit, you have to wait until they are a focus unit (featured on a banner) to get about 3% shot at them.
    2. Ehh... Hard to guarantee anything with a randomizer like this. But if you want just one copy of a focus unit, 200 orbs usually does it. Get 400-500 and keep those purely for Seteth and Flayn. If you get lucky you could get several copies.

^ this. Don't pull for an off banner hero, you will just be disappointed. They do random ass banners all the time (usually based on pulling skills) so just wait a bit and I'm sure she'll show up again (or maybe you'll randomly get lucky on something)

TBH too, for Seteth and Flayn, purely my gut says we will not get them for awhile. MAYBE Flayn, people like her, but Seteth is one of those weird characters that don't seem popular enough to bring out. (but then, they did release Hubert...). Either way, I think we're getting more students first, especially since some of the more popular choices are still missing (*cough*Dorothea*cough*).

Random ass personal prediction BTW - we're getting another Three Houses banner in January or February. My gut says they'll want to play off people getting the game for Christmas.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    What's funny about this convo is that I got Fem Byleth as a random five star recently. Probably just going to hold onto her for a while unless someone just demands fury 4 to be complete.

• Options
    Acheron wrote: »
    What's funny about this convo is that I got Fem Byleth as a random five star recently. Probably just going to hold onto her for a while unless someone just demands fury 4 to be complete.

Yeah, on the plus side, them limiting the summon pool recently should make her easier to get (on new banners). But there's still a massive pool of reds sadly. So it's all a crap shoot.

Could see her popping up on a legendary banner though. Can't remember if she's been on one (I think so? I'd have to check). But they repeat stuff sometimes :P

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    Seems like galeforce aoe is the name of the game for mjolnrs shield

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    It ended up being stupidly easy for me. I have brave Reinhardt on my attacking team and he just murders anyone he can get to. Most of the defending team were mythics like Yune and Eir and Sothis. Also put Ophelia on there for good measure and flying Olivia :3 Didn't even use any buildings. No one got further than like 1 tile passed the wall :3

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    mts wrote: »
    Seems like galeforce aoe is the name of the game for mjolnrs shield

Yup. I stuck a Nifl Icicle up in the top structure slot for bonus fun. I thought the orange number would be max uses, but it's just at turn counter, so you can charge your special every other turn.

Since no enemies even got a turn, I'm guessing that'll be the only structure that gets any play for a while.

• Options
    KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    Galeforce Eliwood pretty much just rampaged up there, as expected.

Hopefully the difficulty substantially increases as we go up in Askr rank.

• Options
    AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    I have a feeling they have started easy but will rise to "Abyssal" levels in the higher tiers. The thing I can't figure out though is how long this will last and how frequent it'll be. They kind of framed it as a permanent mode let AR, but it's listed as a temporary event. Who knows!

My week in AR has been weird, btw. Galeforce team with Altina and Naga has been going well (currently in top 3k), but for some reason defense is screwy. I got attacked 7 times in one day and haven't seen a single defense since - 5 days!

• Options
    So is Counter phase completely non-interactive beyond choosing how many Counter Arrows to use? I don't understand.

• Options
    KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    Delzhand wrote: »
    So is Counter phase completely non-interactive beyond choosing how many Counter Arrows to use? I don't understand.

I guess so.

I too was bewilderingly disappointed.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Yeah I thought maybe the arrows refilled like stamina but I guess not? *shrug* I'm honestly baffled as to the point of this... Why would you not just fire all your arrows?

Warlock82 on
  • Options
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    I'm bottlenecked by grails on some projects (Kronya and Valentine's Eliwood) and just wrapped up Kagero (which is a +10 on one of the two 5*s I actually started the game with on the free roll, that's kinda neat.) In need of a new vessel for my spare feathers, which really pile up when you don't have an active project.

His refine was a little underwhelming, but I'm considering Frederick. I think it's too much work to give him premiere speed, but I think an armorbusting Galeforce cav (or just monster Bonfires) is a worthwhile enough niche to justify the investment, but I'm a little on the fence. Not having a spare DB4 is kinda bleh. Already have regular Eliwood doing that kind of work, maybe trying to get him a partner in crime. Thoughts?

Kasyn on
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    I have a +10 Frederick and he is pretty dope. He murderates armors in Arena Assault. His defense is really high for a cav too

Edit: IMO you can't go wrong with anyone that comes with armor slayer, or that you take the time to give armor slayer to :P If they come up in arena they make a pretty fantastic bonus unit. I tend to find the axes the most useful tho since it feels like the game has so few of them. So it's nice to have some good +10 axes to slot in to teams as needed. I actually use my +10 Camilla all the dang time. Gave her DC and her statline is just really fantastic in general (good mix of def and res makes her a nice flying tank). Plus her refine buffs other fliers :3 +10 Cherche also murders things :3

I'll also throw out OG Robin as a nice counter to OP L!Alm :P (and I guess L!Leif now? He's not as bad, but built in galeforce is kind of a bitch). I slapped TA3 and Swordbreaker on mine and he pretty much kills all swords as well. I don't think a lot of ppl consider him good but I find him super handy.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    I have a +10 Cherche. She holds up incredibly well, I think she's easily in the top 5 strongest units right now that were available on the game's release.

I'm totally with you on Male Robin, though. Both of the original Robins (Female less because of grail competition) are mad overlooked. Alas, I'm pretty good on blue tomes right now, with a fully merged Ishtar, a nearly fully merged Reinh, and +4 Micaiah and F. Morgan (another overlooked unit). If I ever went after another blue tome it'd actually probably be L'Arachel.

What's your Frederick build?

• Options
    Also: passed down Geishun, Geishun+, QR3, and Hone Atk 4 in a single merge to a Lene project of mine. Value.

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular

Hmm...

I got nothin'. Anyone else wanna venture a guess?

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    The one on the left is Bartre. The one on the right is also Bartre.

(It's an all-Bartre banner.)

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I need a merge project. Almost at 1M feathers again

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    One on the right kinda looks like Xander, but I dunno

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    someone on reddit thought the left one was Ike and I can kind of see it.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Forging Bonds is my new least favorite mode.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    https://youtu.be/vXdhLm2C3dE

Wtf is this banner? (seriously, is this like Fire Emblem 6.5?)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Whoa, Young Zephiel. That was unexpected.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

I just take the orbs and run these days.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular

It's awful. They should quintuple the point rewards.

Anyway, Sothis looks like a new unit I'll get to hate (high BST armor with a skill that just gives her +23 BST right away, okay), but yet another Christmas all-armor banner means another easy skip for me.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    Nino is adorable as always, but armor units are easily my least favorite and armor emblem is easily the most boring.

• Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Seasonal Nino is who I've been waiting for all this time so RIP my orbs.

• Options
    I honestly don't have much of a problem with forging bonds. I do wish it was less grindy tho. It's pretty boring vanilla gameplay, but I give it a pass for the cool story segments (except the one with all of Fjorm's family... That one was pure trash)

I would say the one I dislike the most is probably Grand Conquests. It's just so much tedium with the many, many large battles you have to do. And it feels a little RNG in terms of what team you get out on (if the other players suck or slack, fuck your rewards) or what enemy heroes appear on any given map.

Voting Gauntlet is a close second, though I've stopped caring so much about it that I'm not as bothered anymore. I click my buttons and whatever, I don't care.. It's not worth investing effort for +1000 feathers or whatever.

Non special modes, Arena Assault can go to hell. I hate that mode (probably most of anything in the game). The dumb thing is I like it in principle. I like the idea of counter picking my teams and being restricted by the seasons. What I don't like is 7 matches in a row, no breaks allowed, and having to make a team for each match. It takes foreeeeeevvvvvveeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr and then inevitably I lose someone in the last God damn map and I say fuck it and get less rewards that week. *sigh*

• Options
    One thing that helped revitalize some interest in the game for me, with the added benefit of making AA less time consuming - was building 7 fully versatile teams, and just running them blindly without counterpicking for my opponents. You get screwed now and again, but it's fun building full teams rather than just single units, and it cuts down on the time it takes for a full run pretty significantly.

I would say Aether Raids are my least favorite PvP mode, which is a damn shame, because it's the mode with the highest skill / investment cap. I just can't stand the fact that dealing with massive amounts of strategically placed breakable junk is core gameplay there. That and L! Azura. She singlehandedly reduces my enjoyment of AR by about 30%.

I won't go through every mode, good and bad, but Hall of Forms is fucking excellent and we need it more often.

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    There's only been one Hall of Forms so far, right? Those probably take a lot more time to set up compared to the rest of the events.

• Options
    Opty wrote: »
    There's only been one Hall of Forms so far, right? Those probably take a lot more time to set up compared to the rest of the events.

Yes. There's another one coming soon I believe

• Options
    Kasyn wrote: »
    I would say Aether Raids are my least favorite PvP mode, which is a damn shame, because it's the mode with the highest skill / investment cap. I just can't stand the fact that dealing with massive amounts of strategically placed breakable junk is core gameplay there. That and L! Azura. She singlehandedly reduces my enjoyment of AR by about 30%.

I really agree with the breakable objects issue. I'd rather see some more variety in the layout options and a greatly diminished number of placeable objects. Give us some water/forest tiles.

Maybe I'm biased because I run flier teams and there's basically no benefit to fliers in AR.

• Options
    Kasyn wrote: »

I really agree with the breakable objects issue. I'd rather see some more variety in the layout options and a greatly diminished number of placeable objects. Give us some water/forest tiles.

Maybe I'm biased because I run flier teams and there's basically no benefit to fliers in AR.

Oh yeah, for sure. There are also just some tactics that are non-fun bullshit to stall out the clock. Like, I had a team this weekend of all +10 Azamas who had insanely high HP, a bunch of fortress skills and took like no damage, but even if they did take damage, they'd just heal each other when their turn came up. Ended up running out of time because two were on a defense tile and I just couldn't kill them fast enough :/ That's not a fun team to play against - it's just ass. And that's what most of the teams are these days - just a handful of OP units or someone walled off in the corner to try and run out your clock, etc with the buildings placed in the most annoying way possible.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Solution: let breaking junk charge specials. Then my boy Eliwood can come in, Galeforce ready to go, and mop up.

Kasyn on
  • Options
    You know, randomly thinking about this month's legendary hero this morning... my current top picks are Celica, Sigurd and Seliph. Honorable mention to Byleth though I think she came out way too recently for a legendary (plus my thought is they'll want to make the timeskip versions the legendaries and I suspect they're still trying to keep heroes "spoiler free" until people get the game for Christmas)

I'm not sure which of the three I think is a higher chance, but this Grand Conquest is Echoes themed so maybe Celica. They've been doing a lot of Jugdral stuff tho so that's why Sigurd and Seliph are good candidates too. I figure of all the lords across all the games, those are the three most missing as legendaries. Of course, we're also missing Awakening and Fates legendaries (Chrom, Robin - technically, Xander, Corrin, really most of the royals in Fates too) but my gut says they've heard the feedback and are easing off those two games for a bit.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    https://youtu.be/Oal-bGVPrOg

Called it

Also curse them and their attractive blue orb choices too....

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    I'm just noticing that they're dropping that banner Christmas day and can't help but be cynical about that.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Have some interest in L!Celica and Thrasir, might throw some orbs at green this banner.