As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Convention Center parking was an embarrassment

Thunderbolt7Thunderbolt7 Registered User regular
edited December 2023 in PAX Unplugged
Last year I bought parking for all three days pretty much at the last minute Friday morning and had no trouble whatsoever. This year I planned better and bought parking weeks in advance, and every day there were parking attendants out front trying to turn people away even though they’ve already prepaid. I managed to get a legal spot both times being a little patient and taking a couple laps of the deck, but I saw at least a half-dozen folks parking their cars wherever they could find space. I certainly hope nothing happened to their vehicles! The deck’s management should be embarrassed but it’s clear they don’t care, and have no problems letting underpaid attendants take the brunt of their decisions. If they want the lot to be first-come, first-serve then don’t let anyone pay ahead of time.

What they did this weekend was a total disgrace.

zerzhul on

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Last year I bought parking for all three days pretty much at the last minute Friday morning and had no trouble whatsoever. This year I planned better and bought parking weeks in advance, and every day there were parking attendants out front trying to turn people away even though they’ve already prepaid. I managed to get a legal spot both times being a little patient and taking a couple laps of the deck, but I saw at least a half-dozen folks parking their cars wherever they could find space. I certainly hope nothing happened to their vehicles! The deck’s management should be embarrassed but it’s clear they don’t care, and have no problems letting underpaid attendants take the brunt of their decisions. If they want the lot to be first-come, first-serve then don’t let anyone pay ahead of time.

What they did this weekend was a total disgrace.
    Also the app didn’t work properly. I got in ok. And found a slot because I came in Thursday but when I tried to leave the app wasn’t working and the guys at the counter kept trying to blame me like it was my fault.

zepherin on
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Which parking was this and when did you arrive?

We parked at 1324 Arch St (called the convention center garage) Friday (got there before 8a) and Saturday (got there around 10a) and didn't have issues. Saturday it was full all the way up and halfway down before we got to a lot of empty spots.
    Friends of ours parked under Love park at that garage, and they said there was plenty of room.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    I had no. Issues

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
This discussion has been closed.