As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Mummy [Phalla] GAME OVER: This is only the beginning! UNDEAD VICTORY!

• MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Day 1

News of Imhotep's rising from the grave spread quickly and incited a mad dash to places of historic importance. With dozens of would-be treasure hunters scrambling over each other, it was inevitable that tensions would quickly reach the boiling point. The mob's brutal focus eventually settled on two unfortunate souls, WILDCAT and ZOMBIEHERO, who were then left to hang on hastily-constructed gallows.

As the crowds began to hunker down for the night, an anguished scream cut through the air! Those brave enough to investigate discovered the isolated tent of the Medjai leader, Ardeth Bay (GIZZY) torn to pieces and quickly being scattered to the winds. Ardeth himself lay half-buried in the sand, his skin unnaturally withered and desiccated. No mortal had done this. The mob, now reminded of their true enemy, returned to their camps. No one seemed to notice, however, that the hanging corpse of WILDCAT seemed to have a few more bullet holes than it had just an hour prior.

The Book of the Dead has been found!

The Book of the Living has been found!

The Key has been found!

The deceased:
    WILDCAT- Brutal Force [/color
    ZOMBIEHERO- Brutal Force
    GIZZY-Death by death

The following locations have collapsed:
    Shangri-La, Philae, Thebes

The following locations can still be searched:
    Hamunaptra
    Karnak
    Shanghai
    London

@JPants On notice with the Gods, for not producing a vote!

MamaWolf on
    "May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Aw, that messed up my plans a bit

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
    PMs are being Sent out, spam block is killer

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
    Oh no wait no it didn't

I think

maybe

Okay answer me these questions three

Did anyone else shoot wildcat last night because they miscounted the vote and didn't realize it was a tie vote so they decided to kill wildcat?

All PMs should be out! Let me know if you didn't get one. Day 2 can begin if it hasn't alread ;p

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    JPants is in at least two currently active forum games and hasn't posted anything on the forums in over 24 hours... hope everything's okay.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    So, I uh, apparently did a bad job searching and got cursed.

So, you know, that’s fun.

Okay here's the deal. I'm not the vig. Sorry.

I'm a Neutral. A badass Neutral with a kill.
    Some would call me... a Serial Killer!
    But most people would call me a survival neutral because my Win Con is to live to the end of the game.

Why do I have a kill if I'm a Survival Neutral? Bullocksed if I know mates. Bullocksed if I know.

Anyway, my plan was to shoot Wildcat last night, have my kill show up in Black and confirm to all y'all that I'm really neutral.

Oh yeah I called that I was going to kill Wildcat in a roundabout way! Flashback!
    Here's something that might get people talking:

Can Anyone Try to guess how much money The Mummy made?

Wild

Aaaaand end flashback.

Anyway my plan is not kill anyone else for the rest of the game but just to let you kind folks duke it out until one side wins and I can got home.

K!Thnx!Bye!

Oh no wait one more thing.

I'm immune to Curses so don't try anything funny, you crazy mummies!
    And it's not an item I got or like, a temporary one time thing it's just there.
    An immunity.
    So don't try to raise me from the dead cause it probably won't work I'm guessing!

Oh yeah here's another fun fact.

I checked with the host.
    I don't have to be the last one surviving.
    I don't have to kill and eat anyone.
    I don't count as an undead threat as per the village win con.

So here's the deal. You, yes you, the player! You have 4 options.
    Well, really you have two options but let's assume that you, the hypothetical player can be either mafia or village.

Option 1: You are Village and you believe our win cons are not mutually exclusive
    This one's easy. You can just treat me as confirmed non-mafia. (Remember I can't be mafia because I called a non-mafia kill).
    Essentially I'm just a free space on your mafia Bingo! Awesome!

Option 2: You are Village and you believe our win cons are mutually exclusive
    I could be a Serial Killer after all. That's fair! But I've outed myself so as soon as you've dealt with the Mummies and the game's not over just kill me next. I'm not even trying to hide!
    If I end up killing a few dudes, I will graciously allow you to vote me out before the end of the game even! Wow! A Serial Killer this generous might as well not even be a Serial Killer!

Option 3: You are Mafia, Grrrrrr and you believe our win cons are not mutually exclusive.

Okay here's where things get tricky! If you leave me alone, I will leave you alone.
    If you try and blackmail me by, say, telling me to use my kill on someone or else you will kill me, I will remind you that 'I have outed myself to the village and told them to vote for me if I do much killing, so I'll lose anyway' and I'll cut my losses and take an earlier loss when I've invested less time in the game.

If you spend a day killing me, that's one day you're not spending hunting down the village, who are actively working against you, whereas I am not. Sounds like a bad deal, dudes!

If you kill me on the assumption that you can raise me from the dead or something then I will be forced to meta-game a bit.
    I'm priming a metaphorical dead-man's switch and saying that if I come back mafia, I will throw the game and out my mafia teammates.
    This may seem distasteful to some. It may even lose me this game.
    However, even if it loses me the game it allows me to make similar plays in the future which sounds fun.

Essentially, there's no reason to kill me and no reason to try to use me, so leave me alone.

Option 4: You are Mafia, Grrrrrr and you believe our win cons are mutually exclusive. Or you're another weird Neutral that needs me dead.

I'm sort've boned then but whatever 3/4 bases covered ain't bad.

This point still stands though: If you spend a day killing me, that's one day you're not spending hunting down the village, who are actively working against you, whereas I am not. Sounds like a bad deal, dudes!

So maybe leave me 'til the end.

If you're mafia and you think I'm a Village Vig trying to pull a fast one, that's also sort of fair but I will point to the fact that I'm not gonna kill no-one else so if the next narration doesn't feature a green kill or it does feature a green kill with different flavour than, uh, a gun I guess. That not me.

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Based on my search last night I found β€œCassette Tape Full Of Early 10’s Dubstep That If Played At Full Volume Will Eradicate All Searches Or Something.”

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    JPants is in at least two currently active forum games and hasn't posted anything on the forums in over 24 hours... hope everything's okay.

And/or is mafia

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Night result text sounds like Gizzy took the Mafia kill last night, but for what it is worth, she was going to Karnak.

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Mafia occasionally have the ability to kill in a non-mafia-seeming way.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    kime wrote: Β»
    Mafia occasionally have the ability to kill in a non-mafia-seeming way.

yeah but shut up

edited December 2019
    In all seriousness, I think it'd be a bit rough to give the mafia two kills, one of which is semi-cloaked, while giving the village 0?

Seems likely you'll find some items that do fun stuff like that.

I don't have an item for the record. I searched Karrtuk or something last night and came up empty.

Sir Fabulous on

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    I guess Sir Fab could be Beni?
    bpvjpz2qt6xl.gif

edited December 2019
    Which might mean he wants gold -and- survival.
    If gold is an item.

Idk.
    Super weird role

discrider on
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    In all seriousness, I think it'd be a bit rough to give the mafia two kills, one of which is semi-cloaked, while giving the village 0?

Seems likely you'll find some items that do fun stuff like that.

I don't have an item for the record. I searched Karrtuk or something last night and came up empty.

It seems a bit rough to not tell the village what their primary weapon does in a tie but here we are.

AAAnd you can search.

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

Cythraul for now I think

That vote close is a complete mess though.

• LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    So @Sir Fabulous, you're basically not playing the game anymore as long as no one does anything to you?

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    So, I uh, apparently did a bad job searching and got cursed.

So, you know, that’s fun.

Do you want to give some more details here? I'm hearing the word Curse used improperly a lot these days.

As an example: Cursed with immortality, control over insects, sand, etc, vague and unspecified magical powers. Not a curse.

38thDoE on steam

Sorry,sure.

I feel ill, and if I’m not cured, it says I won’t remain among the living.

Could mean becoming undead maybe, but could also mean I die.

I’d like to avoid either, if possible.

• Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    My search turned up nothing. *Price is right horn*

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
    So... Gizzy getting mafia killed night one is somewhat unusual. I'd suspect Zombie Hero but he's dead also. From what I remember special gizzy is unlikely to say she is special, so who would target Gizzy when mafia?

38thDoE on steam

Living:
    JPants
    Grunt's Ghosts
    Kime
    Cythraul
    mrpaku
    Drez
    AustinP0027
    Bluecyan
    Auralynx
    Locus
    discrider
    LostNinja
    Virgil_Leads_You
    premium
    Phyphor
    ObiFett
    Erin The Red
    JusticeforPluto
    Romantic Undead
    38thDoe
    Sir Fabulous
    Burnage

Dead:
    Zombie Hero
    Wildcat

Gizzy

38thDoE on steam

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: Β»
    So... Gizzy getting mafia killed night one is somewhat unusual. I'd suspect Zombie Hero but he's dead also. From what I remember special gizzy is unlikely to say she is special, so who would target Gizzy when mafia?

I don't know that there are any super-strong suspects on that thin evidence. She's usually fairly active soft-netting and may have tipped her hand somehow.

Unfortunately Ardeth makes most sense as a guard, which is a little scary.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Shanghai was a bust. For me anyway, not sure if finding items is chance based or whatnot.

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    I also came up empty in my search last night.

But some of us clearly found something, since the Book of the Dead, the Book of the Living, and the Key all turned up. Perhaps not coincidentally, we no longer have access to three search locations, so maybe there is only one item per location. If that's the case, we should consider being a little less forthcoming with who searched where, since that would enable the mafia or would-be thieves to narrow down who could possibly have an item.

Is the game active on the weekend?

38thDoE on steam

• BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: Β»

I don't know that there are any super-strong suspects on that thin evidence. She's usually fairly active soft-netting and may have tipped her hand somehow.

I'm going with mummies hate cats, she did not even hint at being special to me at least.

edited December 2019
    Strange if Gizzy was the guard though.

Most guards would self-guard Day 1 since they don’t have a network yet.

AustinP0027 on
    Is the game active on the weekend?

Day 2 will end at 11pm tonight and Day 3 will end Sunday 12/15/19 at 11pm

Bluecyan wrote: Β»
    Auralynx wrote: Β»

I'm going with mummies hate cats, she did not even hint at being special to me at least.

iijb6tue5p94.png

38thDoE on steam

@Sir Fabulous since you're being so forthcoming, you don't also have vote manipulation powers too (like your vote doesn't count or something)? Unless the count was wrong last night should not have been a tie due to Sir Fab's efforts.

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Bluecyan wrote: Β»
    "Sir Fabulous" since you're being so forthcoming, you don't also have vote manipulation powers too (like your vote doesn't count or something)? Unless the count was wrong last night should not have been a tie due to Sir Fab's efforts.

Still could've been a tie depending on the as-yet undisclosed order of operations.

Also isn't there a rule about no coded messages? Shame on you, Sir Fab.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Locus wrote: Β»
    I also came up empty in my search last night.

But some of us clearly found something, since the Book of the Dead, the Book of the Living, and the Key all turned up. Perhaps not coincidentally, we no longer have access to three search locations, so maybe there is only one item per location. If that's the case, we should consider being a little less forthcoming with who searched where, since that would enable the mafia or would-be thieves to narrow down who could possibly have an item.

It is possible there was only one item in those locations. Or that there are "key" items in every/some locations, and finding those makes the location invalid.

But "there is only one item per location" seems to be false (based on when I hacked the host notes).

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    One thing I can promise is that I am not a zombie
    Nor did I find a book
    Nor do I have powers
    Nor have I forgotten the taste of cinnamon toast crunch