As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

We are very very close.

Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
edited February 2008 in PAX Archive
We are wrapping up some finishing touches before we launch pre-registration for PAX 2008, open up the hotel room blocks and start releasing content info. It's going to be another stellar year, and although I know we set the bar pretty high with 2007, I think there were a lot of things we learned in 2007 that are going to make 2008 that much more awesome.

I'll put a post up here with the link to preregistration before we announce it on the front page, so you guys can be our beta testers and put it through the wringer before we launch it to the masses!

Expect it sometime in the next two weeks!

Some guy.
Robert Khoo on

• Options
    KaitouAyashiKaitouAyashi Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    W00T!

And so it begins.....

1. Forum Stalking for the latest info and meeting PAX friends old and new
    2. Developing our PAX Budget and putting away $$$
    3. Planning PAX Purchases (computer equipment and accessories)

KaitouAyashi on
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: i will nom all of your boxes
    [15:02] Tajah: I like you BR but I'm not letting you nom my box
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: Did I mention I hate you all? cause i do
    PAX Twitter Shitter~*~ Retired Bar Liaison: 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament~*~
  • Options
    b0wserb0wser PAX HHL Deputy Manager CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    The Canadian Supertrip will be getting together again this year, a forum thread will arrive shortly!

b0wser on
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I might find a way to get a projector for this year. Classic console night might be interesting. However they did have that classic atari/nes/snes collection there this year and that was pretty damned cool. I wonder if classic console night is obsolete now.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    Pat McRotchPat McRotch Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I wonder if classic console night is obsolete now.

Why would it be?!

Damn, now I gotta think about building a Shuttle. I haven't finished the damn computer I am working on now...:x

Pat McRotch on
    xPat+McR0tch.png
    patmcrotch.png
  • Options
    Sl1pstreamSl1pstream [E] BelgiumRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Yay!

Even though I'm in the air for 30 hours total (15 to get there, 15 to get back), I'm so looking forward to it. Last year was awesome.

Sl1pstream on
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I will once again be putting together the Pre-PAX Breakfast (home of the bacon waffle).

However, a thread won't go up until about the month before PAX.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    SoupsSoups Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I'm gonna be so miserable counting down the days until this year's PAX. Waaay too many days there.

Soups on
    DitchTheJock.png
  • Options
    ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Arright, I may have to work on the WCTT site again :P

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Soups wrote: »
    I'm gonna be so miserable counting down the days until this year's PAX. Waaay too many days there.

The best plan of action is to not think about it.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky
    starts holding his breath in anticipation of the big announcement

Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited January 2008
    starts holding his breath in anticipation of the big announcement

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited January 2008
    Heh. I think it's easiest now since it is so far away. More time to plan, dream, etc. Now in June? That'll be tough because you're SOOOOO close and the days will just drag in anticipation.

KaitouAyashi on
    PAX Twitter Shitter~*~ Retired Bar Liaison: 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament~*~
  • Options
    LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Heh. I think it's easiest now since it is so far away. More time to plan, dream, etc. Now in June? That'll be tough because you're SOOOOO close and the days will just drag in anticipation.

I can definitely attest to this. I started my PAX planning in June last year, and it was agony waiting for August.

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • Options
    Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Liger wrote: »

I can definitely attest to this. I started my PAX planning in June last year, and it was agony waiting for August.

JUNE?!?! I've been planning for this PAX since.... idk. Moe, when did we start talking about this year's CCST? I think it was before last year's PAX was over.

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    My friends and I were making plans for PAX '08 on the train ride up to PAX '07.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Qs23 wrote: »

JUNE?!?! I've been planning for this PAX since.... idk. Moe, when did we start talking about this year's CCST? I think it was before last year's PAX was over.

I didn't know much about PAX till June last year when a close friend and also noob Enforcer that year encouraged me to sign up.

I'm doing things right this year. ;) I started planning for PAX08 at Set-up the day before '07 opened.

Liger on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    *LOL* It's awesome because nearly every moment of PAX is a learning experience for Next PAX. We made plenty of decisions as we were packing, unpacking, driving, setting up BYOC, etc etc. And I think it'd be a great exercise to dig up the PAX07 Regrets thread to remind you of anything you might have forgotten about.

What's crazy is that I STILL haven't put away some stuff from last year! My suitcase is sitting in the same place we left it when we got home! Hmmmm, is it even unpacked? I should probably check....

KaitouAyashi on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    I have a swag bag shoved under my desk with stuff still in it. o_O *looks* Hay! A pirate bandana!

Liger on
  • Options
    PhanmanPhanman Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I hope I'm able to attend PAX again this year. Hopefully my wedding stuff doesn't get in the way.

Phanman on
    Wii Code: 6596 9931 4190 2980
  • Options
    b0wserb0wser PAX HHL Deputy Manager CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I have a swag bag shoved under my desk with stuff still in it. o_O *looks* Hay! A pirate bandana!

I found three boxes of mints and a bunch of PS2 demos which have been long-since released!

b0wser on
  • Options
    nearlysobernearlysober Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I walk right past the convention center (under the skybridge) nearly every weekday and everytime I /sigh wishing PAX was every weekend.

Can't wait for info to start comin out on PAX '08

nearlysober on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    If PAX was every weekend then I'd have to ask for monetary compensation working those hours. And sleep for the rest of the week. XD

Liger on
  • Options
    leafleaf Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    _______moe wrote: »
    /me starts holding his breath in anticipation of the big announcement

Is this the big announcement?

leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg
  • Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    If PAX was every weekend then I'd have to ask for monetary compensation working those hours. And sleep for the rest of the week. XD

And the rest of us would have to take up shady jobs in order to pay for PAX each weekend.

Kyanilis on
  • Options
    mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Tonkka wrote: »
    I will once again be putting together the Pre-PAX Breakfast (home of the bacon waffle).

Enjoying bacon and waffly goodness since 2007!

I will see you there once again and this time I will be talking about the kick ass Virgin America flight (DC to Seattle) I just got off of. I will be playing Doom with other people on my flight using Virgin's RED media system.

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • Options
    smessmes Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    /waits in anticipation.

smes on
  • Options
    BamboozaBambooza Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Indeed PAX but once a year just doesn't seem to be enough. If they ever do a east coast PAX I truly hope they are 6 months apart so that I could attend both.

Bambooza on
    The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
  • Options
    NephirijNephirij Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    That would be SO amazing. And i would be SO broke.

Nephirij on
  • Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    woot!

Shade on
  • Options
    November6November6 Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Oh oh I can't wait to test out me giving you more lovely money Mr. Khoo. Oh and when can I send more gobs of money to you for PAX 07 DVDs?

I want my eye loving of Wil Wheaton to be played over and over again.

November6 on
    fucos: Past tense of focus, you have already lost focus that you can't even spell focus. Can be combined with shit for impressing anonymous crowds; fucoshit. source: Wil Weaton
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    mentok1982 wrote: »

I will see you there once again and this time I will be talking about the kick ass Virgin America flight (DC to Seattle) I just got off of. I will be playing Doom with other people on my flight using Virgin's RED media system.

Ahh, but will you be dressing up again? I liked your PAX07 costume.

KaitouAyashi on
  • Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I wish I knew if I'd be able to attend PAX this year or not. You think the anticipation is killing you guys? I don't have a clue if I'll still be here or not.

Kyanilis on
  • Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I for one already have the PTO approved. Last year I just drove in every day from Lynnwood, but no more. I think I am making enough money now to afford a hotel room right down town. Plus, not being able to drink too much as I would be driving kind of brought me down a bit. With hotel comes freedom from driving. Plus I spent about 60 bucks on parking alone for the 3 days. That alone is 1/5th a hotel room.

That_Guy on
  • Options
    Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    That_Guy wrote: »
    I for one already have the PTO approved. Last year I just drove in every day from Lynnwood, but no more. I think I am making enough money now to afford a hotel room right down town. Plus, not being able to drink too much as I would be driving kind of brought me down a bit. With hotel comes freedom from driving. Plus I spent about 60 bucks on parking alone for the 3 days. That alone is 1/5th a hotel room.

Well if you're going to be driving down to the hotel... they are going to charge for parking as well.

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Qs23 wrote: »
    That_Guy wrote: »

Well if you're going to be driving down to the hotel... they are going to charge for parking as well.

Bus. I was going to last year, but I never got a hotel room.

That_Guy on
  • Options
    Real Plump BoxReal Plump Box Registered User new member
    edited January 2008
    Cant wait this will be my third PAX. First two were amazing so i know this year will be bigger and better. is it gonna be in the wscc again?

Real Plump Box on
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Cant wait this will be my third PAX. First two were amazing so i know this year will be bigger and better. is it gonna be in the wscc again?

It will be in the wsctc again.

Its the only place large enough now to have PAX in :P

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    DStalefishDStalefish Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Should just rent out the whole of downtown. :P

DStalefish on
    [E] 09, 10E, 10P, 11E, 11P, 12E
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    DStalefish wrote: »
    Should just rent out the whole of downtown. :P

If that ever happens i hereby reserve the taphouse for BYOC.
    :P

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    BamboozaBambooza Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    If you can pull that off BR I would half craft a statue in your honor.

Bambooza on
    The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
  • Options
    mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    mentok1982 wrote: »

Ahh, but will you be dressing up again? I liked your PAX07 costume.

Maybe....

The problem with my costume last year is that either no one "got" it or they did not realize that it was a costume. I think people though I dressed in that style all the time. O_o

I have not been thinking of costume ideas until just now. Maybe I could go as a soldier from God of War:
    http://www.costumeshopper.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?store_code=costumes&screen=PROD&product_code=fc44120
    http://www.scavengeinc.com/costumes/roman-egyptian-greek-costumes/gladiator-costume-p-5420.html?osCsid=5092cc78bc880a0e95800bc5a410bd1b

I would go as Kratos, but I am not going to shave my head and I am not wearing that much white makeup.

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
This discussion has been closed.