As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Mummy [Phalla] GAME OVER: This is only the beginning! UNDEAD VICTORY!

• BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    One thing I can promise is that I am not a zombie
    Nor did I find a book
    Nor do I have powers
    Nor have I forgotten the taste of cinnamon toast crunch

Just what a powerful literate zombie that has never had a bite of cinnimon toast crunch in their whole unlife would say. Practically a cliche at this point.

• premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Strange if Gizzy was the guard though.

Most guards would self-guard Day 1 since they don’t have a network yet.

Guards can't usually self guard. Plus if someone is soft networking a bit I would think they might have guarded someone they had a good feeling about.
    This is all just kinda out there speculation though, 'blue role name that might make sense as a guard' doesn't really mean anything other than 'not a standard villager'

• premiumpremium Registered User regular
    ObiFett gets my vote for now, based on some probably astounding logic and definitely not a dumb gut feeling at all

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Bluecyan wrote: »
    One thing I can promise is that I am not a zombie
    Nor did I find a book
    Nor do I have powers
    Nor have I forgotten the taste of cinnamon toast crunch

Just what a powerful literate zombie that has never had a bite of cinnimon toast crunch in their whole unlife would say. Practically a cliche at this point.

BlueCyan
    Continues to sass! Must be brought down

• Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Locus wrote: »
    I also came up empty in my search last night.

But some of us clearly found something, since the Book of the Dead, the Book of the Living, and the Key all turned up. Perhaps not coincidentally, we no longer have access to three search locations, so maybe there is only one item per location. If that's the case, we should consider being a little less forthcoming with who searched where, since that would enable the mafia or would-be thieves to narrow down who could possibly have an item.

This is mafia talk! Like 100%
    Knows mechanical connections that aren't obvious, while telling the village to talk less

Like take a moment as a villager and think if you would have people be less forthcoming to you.
    I want folk like Locus to speak up so they can slip and reveal their undead nature!

"You were where, doing what last night? That shouldn't be possible because you claimed to trade with Y?"
    These basic three power constraints feels like a key we have to winning the game and rooting out villians.

Locus

VayBJ4e.png
  • Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Locus wrote: »
    So "Sir Fabulous", you're basically not playing the game anymore as long as no one does anything to you?

I'll vote, I'll look for items, I'll try to snoop around and figure things out.

All those things I think increase my leverage in weird endgame scenarios.

But if Mamawolf balanced the game around me using my kill each night. Well. S'not gonna happen.
    "Sir Fabulous" since you're being so forthcoming, you don't also have vote manipulation powers too (like your vote doesn't count or something)? Unless the count was wrong last night should not have been a tie due to Sir Fab's efforts.

No my powers are

1. Nightly kill
    2. Immune to curses

Plus all the standard search, steal, and trade.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    So Locus what was the result of not finding anything?

VayBJ4e.png
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Also isn't there a rule about no coded messages? Shame on you, Sir Fab.

I've only been playing Phalla for 9 years I can't be expected to know the rules

• LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    So Locus what was the result of not finding anything?
    Nothing, I was just told by the host that, after searching for a period of time, I didn't find anything. This is a paraphrase, just to make sure I'm not breaking any host-PM sharing rules. Anyone else who searched and didn't find anything can hopefully confirm that my paraphrase is accurate.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I think what Locus is getting at is if everyone says hey I didn't find anything then the three people with the key and books are much easier to target for the mafia.
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Also isn't there a rule about no coded messages? Shame on you, Sir Fab.

I've only been playing Phalla for 9 years I can't be expected to know the rules

Its a rule with the punishment of never having these games on the forums again so probably important to know.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

edited December 2019
    If a play I thought was devilishly clever actually destroyed Phalla forever...

That’d suck

Sir Fabulous on

• LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    If a play I thought was devilishly clever actually destroyed Phalla forever...

That’d suck
    I think the ban on coded messages is meant for actual code, i.e. a message that a mod would be unable to understand. Vaguely alluding to a potential target is probably okay, but it's probably better to be safe than sorry.

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I feel like you are jumping on Locus a little too quickly, Virgil. Locus's comment was pretty innocuous and not a bad strategy, really.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    It was before my time but here's the reference. https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/5462841#Comment_5462841

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

Okay but scroll up and you see that people are posting shit like ‘ghjj frtutk ckemkem pippio zubat!’

My post was perfectly intelligible and even contained a true fun fact in English!

That said I will refrain from nakibg such posts in the future.

I agree. I think what you did was fine. I would rather be conservative with the rules when the punishment is such.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Okay but scroll up and you see that people are posting shit like ‘ghjj frtutk ckemkem pippio zubat!’

My post was perfectly intelligible and even contained a true fun fact in English!

That said I will refrain from nakibg such posts in the future.

I've been yelled at by other phalla-ites for google translating into Welsh to make a joke. This is just me pointing out the line to you.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    JusticeforPluto for now, due to generally being quiet and unassuming.

I for one do not believe that there exists a role in the game with a kill that does not have the typical SK win condition. Nice gambit, Sir Fab, but you'll be a distraction all game, so I think its better to rip this particular bandaid off sooner rather than later.

Tempted to bandwagon Sir Fab to see if we can get another song...

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    I think that letting Sir Fab run around with a sharpened knife he's promised not to stick anyone with feels like bullshit and/or a bad idea for the village

Sir Fab is a bad vote that at Best is distracting. Their vote and fallout last night lines up with their claim (break a tie then kill the previously tied person) it didn't work like they expected but narration still lines up with it. An unprompted Day 2 reveal suggests they aren't mafia, otherwise why make yourself a target. Them agreeing not to kill is a huge win for the village if they are this games SK and finally any voting record from today will be less useful since mafia can vote out a neutral as easily as village would vote.

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Yeah, I don't see anyone making the claims Sir Fab has, without being a survival neutral of some flavour.
    An SK can't win with the village and would be drawing a huge target on their back by playing the same gambit.

Beni in the movie is an opportunist who sides with the mummy after running away from being cursed and almost getting ate by the mummy.
    He's then promised gold if he serves the mummy, and helps the mummy locate and kill those that were cursed.
    He eventually almost escapes with O'Connell from the mummy's lair, after O'connell defeats the mummy, but he packs his pants too full of gold and gets trapped in a collapsing tomb before getting eaten by scarabs.

So.. I believe Sir Fab.

• AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Beni fits too well with Sir Fab's claims, which of course could be on purpose, but I'm comfortable with delaying a day before making that kind of decision.

JusticeForPluto given the absence of any great info today.

Sir Fab is a bad vote that at Best is distracting. Their vote and fallout last night lines up with their claim (break a tie then kill the previously tied person) it didn't work like they expected but narration still lines up with it. An unprompted Day 2 reveal suggests they aren't mafia, otherwise why make yourself a target. Them agreeing not to kill is a huge win for the village if they are this games SK and finally any voting record from today will be less useful since mafia can vote out a neutral as easily as village would vote.

The flaw in their plan is that the longer they invest in the game, the easier it will be for the mafia to convince them to use their kill and win with the mafia. That extra kill is just a guillotine waiting to cause us to lose if we are close to losing. Less kills benefits the village. Lets ensure we have less kills flying around.

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »

The flaw in their plan is that the longer they invest in the game, the easier it will be for the mafia to convince them to use their kill and win with the mafia. That extra kill is just a guillotine waiting to cause us to lose if we are close to losing. Less kills benefits the village. Lets ensure we have less kills flying around.

Too much symmetry with me talking premium into siding with the mafia a few days ago, yeah.

Apologies, SirFab.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

Games, not days.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

ObiFett wrote: »

C'mon dude, you must know that I'm equally as likely to clinch it on the last day for the village as I am to clinch it for the mafia.

You're removing information and options from the village by voting me out, as well as letting the mafia coast by for one day without any good analysis.

Let me sit in my corner.

• LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    I got nothing putting a placeholder on 38th

• JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Erin the Red for getting a cool name change

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    There's going to be a small sir fab voting faction each day distracting us best case. Worst case the mafia can just "convince" him to work against the village in the "work with us or die" method of persuasion

Brrzzt wrong read my reveal post I won't be strongarmed by the mafia.

also ironic to argue that my presence is bad because it'll mess up vote records because people will vote for me. And then to vote for me.

3/10 at least ObiFett's reasons for voting for me make sense.

• Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    So I'm not sure what to think about SirFab but neutral with a kill seems bad, tbh.

At least give me a chance to not kill somebody!

I feel very confident in my ability to try to not kill somebody.

Let me show you one day of me not killing somebody.

• mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Anyone have anything better than guesses regarding the uses for the books and key they want to share? I'm just assuming based on phallas that one grants you a kill, one grants you a shield...and maybe the key grants you a seer? And do we know anything about if these are one-off items or multi-use? Also I'm concerned about there being a limited amount of stuff floating around and people risking curses tossing through empty boxes, but that might just be my limited understanding of the game mechanics and overthinking things (for instance, would a person already holding something risk a curse by getting greedy tonight and looking for more? Should a cursed individual risk doing anything at all?)

Theoretically, if villagers found and are holding those items (the books and key) and they work like I think they do, what should they be doing tonight? Especially if we just spend tonight stringing up Sir StabHappy?

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    I am e x t r e m e l y fucking cursed

No, seriously, I tried to rob Wildcat last night and got cursed for it

Which is interesting, I guess? It means that being cursed isn't related to the alignment of someone who you tried to steal from?

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Hi all,

I am sorry I have not being around at all today.

Reading back...it seems as people marked me down as having voted for 38thDoe, but I voted for Obifett last night. What's up with that?

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    Meta question: Are we assuming it is unlikely that the mafia are curse-proof? I mean, they are likely able to be in a cursed status the same as everyone else?

JusticeforPluto

I'm not sure I buy Sir Fab's story, but I have to make a decision as I will likely no longer be fit to do anything 30 minutes from now through the rest of the evening. I'll try to check in later in case any other better ideas come to light. So I'm going to throw a vote at JusticeforPluto because I have nothing else for now.