[Recommend On!] Android Web Browser/ Adblocker

ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito!Registered User regular
edited December 2019 in Help / Advice Forum
Hey everyone-

I'm currently using a Moto g7 on Google Fi.

I'm using Chrome, but.... I'm sick of how permissive it is with ads. It won't block ads on pages, won't stop pages from giving me popups, and won't stop pages from redirecting me, even after I've followed every guide to increase Chrome's security setting.

So, what I want to know is what adblocking software or add-ins I could add to Chrome to be even more locked down...or a better mobile browser with more powerful ad-blocking capability.

Let me know!

Thanks!

Arch on
Orogogus

• JazzJazz Fuck cancer. Un-UKRegistered User regular
    I still use Chrome on my phone for the odd site, like this one in fact, but when ads are an issue, Firefox for Android with the uBlock Origin extension is worth its weight in gold.

xraydogArchRanlinZilla360JaysonFour
  • RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    I still use Chrome on my phone for the odd site, like this one in fact, but when ads are an issue, Firefox for Android with the uBlock Origin extension is worth its weight in gold.

Firefox with ublock, and noscript is what I use and it works very well.

Zilla360
  • Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Surreal. Immersive. Earth.Registered User regular
    If you want to block adverts in other apps as well, this is a good solution for when you're using your home wi-fi.

NH844lc.png | PSN | GACSALB.jpg My Blog |
    IrukaArch
  • CormacCormac Registered User regular
    I use Blokada to block ads in pretty much everything but also occasionally Firefox or Bromite as alternative browsers.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    I use a combination of Blokada and Firefox+Ublock Origin.