As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dissidia Mobile] Aranea you folks gonna skip the new Global First character?

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    If you meant "help I'm out of basic upgrade mats" then run the winter co-op a whole bunch, even without bells. Possibly use item drop books (or the holiday equivalent) for even more tokens. Trade the tokens for more upgrade mats.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Kind of wish they lowered the requirements to clear out the individual raid reward tiers

2 million points for a couple of bloom tokens is boring busywork

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Fry wrote: »
    If you meant "help I'm out of basic upgrade mats" then run the winter co-op a whole bunch, even without bells. Possibly use item drop books (or the holiday equivalent) for even more tokens. Trade the tokens for more upgrade mats.

Yeah, this is what I meant.

I know how to get ingots to upgrade Realize tiers. The best way to farm basic upgrade mats is what I actually needed. I have so many weapons I haven't properly upgraded to their maximum level because I run out of those red orbs so dang fast.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Finished up Pathos today. Those were some tough fights. Characters that run out of gas can't get by with being swapped out for a friend unit. Though at least you don't have to spend time looking for a good friend unit.

7: Kuja 3/3, Ace 2/3, Krile 2/3
    6: Garland 3/3, Squall 3/3, Sherlotta
    5: Cloud 3/3, Tidus 0/3, Ramza
    4: WoL 0/3, Vivi, Rinoa
    3: Noctis, Quistis, Vayne
    2: Vaan, Lulu, Rem
    1: Auron, Firion, Cait Sith (no EX)

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    I figured I'd throw a few tickets at Faris before I started doing full draws.

6 tickets later and welp, Faris EX get!

• Options
    44 tickets to get Agrias EX; total of 336 tickets to get Faris EX as well.

• Options
    I got Agrias EX fairly quickly but had to pity Faris

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    I had Agrias from back in the day, and 10k gems didn't get me Faris'. Not sure how deep I want to dip into that well, given that her EX is literally the only thing I need on the banner. But it's Faris!

• Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    I had Agrias all kitted up so of course I'm never getting her EX. I sure did get a whole lot of off-banner 15s though. C'est la vie.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    I had Agrias from back in the day, and 10k gems didn't get me Faris'. Not sure how deep I want to dip into that well, given that her EX is literally the only thing I need on the banner. But it's Faris!

I'm in the same boat, I like Faris, but I'm already low on gems, so more like than not, I'll go broke on gems and not get her EX, and I have everything else on the banner. So, I may try just using tickets and hope for the best, and save up some.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    Boo, got a dupe Agrias EX off a random ticket

• Options
    Man, I've been trying to help with the Palom quests on the raid, but now that the initial surge of peeps doing the EX has died down, doing the EX co-op with lower geared/weaker teammates has gotten dicey a few times.

Also, though I realize that Palom is a side character on an older game, I'm really surprised how long the Palom quests have dragged on.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    XerinkXerink Registered User regular
    The problem with Palom is that his EX has only been featured once and his weapons have only appeared a handful of times beyond that. Unless veteran players specifically pulled for him they are unlikely to have him geared (I fall into this camp) or they just have zero interest in using Palom.

Now that I am mostly done collecting the new rewards from the Winter co-op I plan to just solo the lowest difficulty version of the co-op raid and drag my Palom through it to help, but man the kid could have used a little more love, even if it was just an EX reprint.

PSN: darkhart0
    3DS FC: 2234-7230-2712
    Battle.net: Kriese#1709
  • Options
    The enemies in Agrias' lost chapter are way more manageable than they were the first time around, now that I have Agrias gear. And also thanks to Faris buffs. And having Faris gear.

Also, apparently Leviathan's blessing is a framed BRV Regen with unlimited duration now? So that's real good. I was riding for a long time just on HP+ attacks, because I had so much regen between that, Ramza's Galvanize, and the occasional massive BRV gain when Syldra popped in.

• Options
    I crushed Agrias Chaos, but I pulled for both Faris and Agrias and fully Realized their weapons. Without either of those characters geared, the fight becomes much nastier.

I will mention a few things about the Agrias Chaos boss behavior that is different from the lower difficulties: the bosses do a different type of dangerous phase. When they start levitating and give themselves their buffs, the buffs now last two turns instead of one, but they will spend a turn performing a very strong BRV attack before doing the guaranteed HP attack. This means you either want to try to shut them down for two turns or find a way to cancel their actions for one turn so they can be BRV shaved before they unleash their HP attack on someone. In addition, the order of buffs they give themselves has changed so that it is harder to push off the Def Up buff.

• Options
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fCldXZVINOpffHh8paRrp51w-mvTeN9YjhS6Axa6zcs/edit#gid=763874665

This is a spreadsheet someone's put together with teams used to clear Farthest Ends of Dimensions (FEoD) in JP, which is their equivalent to Dimensions' End.

In addition to having a list of winning teams for FEoD, there are a bunch of quality tips on team building, which could be relevant if you need help with DE Pathos.

• Options
    So far I've maxed EX+ weapons for Cloud, Garland, and Ultimecia, and put Lilisette to 1/3. Potential folks already at 0/3 that I could add ingots to or max out are WoL, Squall, Fang, Agrias, and Deuce. Huh, that's a shorter list than I thought.

WoL I could see boosting. Squall and Fang not so much; I've got two melee boosted for now already. Deuce is another maybe; her 2/3 and 3/3 are pretty great, her Sphere is amazing, and she pairs well with Ultimecia (iBRV regen, overflow boosting). She doesn't heal, but WoL/Agrias do, even if they don't care for her mATK boosting.

I missed on EX weapons for Krile, Ace and Kuja, so that's another point in Deuce's favor. I'm just not wild about her as a character. It makes good sense to boost Agrias to 3/3, right? She's got a cool design and I've always liked her, I just am concerned about 3/3ing another physical character. That'd run me out of ingots but I have tonnnnssss of ingots out there to get still. And I don't see anything coming up in the next few weeks that I'm all that hype to 3/3.

Well, probably Y'shtola. She seems like she'd take over the "intense healing" slot from Porom for a little bit.

• Options
    Agrias definitely benefits heavily from getting her weapon maxed out. Her damage is only passable fully maxed out, but her utility helps a ton. Something important to remember is that it is now more important to expand and diversify your roster than it is to just pick the few meta characters. Dimension's End won't allow players to skate by with only a couple powerhouses and Chaos fights change resistances and immunities so often that no character will work for everything.

So far I have invested in fully realizing Cloud, Ultimecia, Kuja, Agrias and Faris. Fang is sitting at 1/3, and I have booked WoL, Zell, Ace, Deuce and Squall. I also have Tidus and Lilisette EX in their base forms. My plans for the rest of the month include fully realizing Y'shtola and Celes (I need more support and tankiness in my roster) with potential partial investments in Locke or perhaps even Rem, Machina, Lyse or Basch if I get lucky with pulls.

As a note for expected January Realization weapons, the one you should expect are: Cait Sith, Balthier, Tifa, Barret, Yuna, Kimahri, Bartz, Yuffie, Vanille, Serah, Setzer, Sabin, Rosa, Firion, and Emperor. Whew, that's a long list encompassing characters coming from awakening waves, LCs, event, Brothers Ultimate, and introductions of Ifrit/Shiva/Ramuh Chaos battles.

• Options
    From next month's list, for persons already possessing the EX, I have Yuna, Bartz and Serah. I suspect I'll want to book/ingot all three of them, heh.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    I think 2/3 is fine for Agrias. She gets innate 40% ATK/20% Max BRV at 1/3, and a new framed self buff at 2/3 (40% ATK, 40% iBRV, +20% overflow; also, 20% party ATK). 3/3 gets an extra 30% overflow on her EX, and some extra hits and potency (from 400%/5 hits to 500%/10 hits). It's certainly good (particularly since she has 100% splash damage), but I don't think that's nearly as big as, say, getting Squall an entire extra set of attacks and second BRV dump on his EX. So I could see holding off if you are very tight on ingots.

Fry on
  • Options
    I've got Cloud and Ultimecia at 3/3, Lilisette at 1/3, and WoL, Vincent, Faris, and Agrias at 0/3.

I don't really know who I should work on now. I have a number of others that are non-MLBed but I don't have enough powerstones for all of them (Kuja, Garland, Tidus, Squall, Deuce, Ace). Plus I already have EXs for some of the upcoming ones (Y'sh, Locke, Celes, etc). Too many choices, and I'm paralyzed with the notion that I may pick the wrong characters to advance.

• Options
    I've got Cloud and Ultimecia at 3/3, Lilisette at 1/3, and WoL, Vincent, Faris, and Agrias at 0/3.

I don't really know who I should work on now. I have a number of others that are non-MLBed but I don't have enough powerstones for all of them (Kuja, Garland, Tidus, Squall, Deuce, Ace). Plus I already have EXs for some of the upcoming ones (Y'sh, Locke, Celes, etc). Too many choices, and I'm paralyzed with the notion that I may pick the wrong characters to advance.

If you make some progress in DE Pathos, that will give you quite a few nuggets, which you can then carry forward into doing more of DE Pathos for more nuggets. Many characters don't need the full 3/3 to be good. So far I've mostly been stopping at whichever tier has the innate stat buffs (usually ATK/Max BRV), but I'll go farther if there's a level that has a new buff (Agrias) or gets a ramp-up character working faster (Ace). Also good are longevity upgrades (usually HP++, but I also include Tidus getting more Winning Spirit at 2/3 and Ultimecia free ability use at 3/3)

I have ten weapons realized so far: WoL (0/3), Tidus (0/3), Ace (2/3), Krile (2/3), Faris (2/3), Agrias (2/3), Cloud (3/3), Garland (3/3), Squall (3/3), Kuja (3/3). I have three ingots and three books left over.

• Options
    Right now the realized weapons I have are 3/3 Ultimecia and Cloud, 1/3 Agrias, 0/3 WoL, and I don't have any of the red bars or other EXs to realize. Got really unlucky that I think I have every EX of the previous couple banners that wasn't realizable and none of the ones that were. :( The next few banners are better, since I have Y'shtola, Locke, Celes, and Vaan's EXs all ready to realize.

I got a clear with level 4 of Dimensions end order tier 4, but took too much damage. :( I wish I could see what team I tried it with last. :(

• Options
    Finished up Ultimecia Chaos with WoL EX+ 0/3, Ultimecia EX+ 3/3, Sherlotta EX, Ifrit summon, friend Kuja EX+ 3/3.

55 turns, 823k damage; meta whoring as much as possible lol

• Options
    edited December 2019
    You need an actual healer, and/or WoL, to get through Pathos 4. Supercell does too much damage, and I don't think you can realistically avoid it. Well, maybe you could rig something with Agrias plus Cloud. Probably easier to heal, though.

Also, you want to have characters with good HP pools, for when they both Supercell at the same time. Let me tell you, trying to get through with Rinoa eating her own HP was not the best.

As for reviewing the last used team, I use Slot 1 as my "top end content I'm currently working on" slot, and change to other slots for other tasks. (10 is speed farm, 9 is multiplayer, 8 is summon boards, 7 is level up, 2-6 are misc)

Edit: oh wait, you said Order. Uh, I used Ace, Krile, Sherlotta for that. Anybody with party HP Regen should be fine? Just don't bring debuffers. I put in my biggest magic heavy hitters, because they're effectively useless for Order 5, so might as well use them for something.

Fry on
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Finally was able to Complete Deuce LC Chaos with...

Agrias EX+ 3/3 (Bloom + IS)
    Ultimecia EX+ 3/3 (Bloom + ISRL)
    Lilisette EX+ 1/3 (Bloom + ISRL)
    Ramuh summon and Sherlotta friend

in 51 turns with 0 damage taken and 145k more score than necessary. In short, fuckin' obliterated it. They can't be Paralyzed, but the stage 3 Worm can, and Agrias is my original "full damage to all targets" heroine. They can't be Poisoned, either, but between all three party members I was able to put a full rack of six debuffs on each of them anyway. They were so debuffed, one of them got off a Multiskewer on Ultimecia and only did 6k damage, lol.

Agrias' new party heal on C1 rounds her out nicely. A little splash of ATK, iBRV and mBRV for the party, BRV and HP regen, burst healing on her C1, she starts with two stacks of Bravery so you don't need to triple C1 at the start of every battle, great AoE damage for these multiboss fights. Her tradeoff is her party buffs are relatively weak, but she makes Lilisette (who has 5 debuffs and great auras/battery, but no heals) function really well. Super happy to have them both.

Now I just have to Clear/Complete Deuce LC Chaos, lol. Maybe Porom/Ultimecia/Deuce?

Rius on
  • Options
    Oh good, I Completed Deuce LC Chaos with Ulti/Porom/Deuce EX+ 0/3.

Except

I didn't, because I had 444 damage taken and didn't fucking notice it

Kill me

• Options
    the requirement is no damage taken? ooph

• Options
    It was basically a perfect run otherwise, with decent RNG on the Confuses. I'm not revisiting that until I get another Ultimecia-level magical damage dealer; Deuce fucking sucks, even in her own event lol

• Options
    Deuce Chaos is awful for a number of reasons, but one of them is definitely the 0 HP damage taken requirement. The bosses are fast and love to unleash AoE HP attacks on your party.

• Options
    For Deuce Chaos, I was wayyy ahead on turn count, so I definitely spent a few turns with people just BRV attacking to allow BRV regen to refill the last bit of missing HP. 0 HP damage on a fight that loves to fire out unavoidable AOE HP attacks is garbage.

Agrias Chaos is...interesting. First time I've seen an enemy get to 99,999 BRV D: Can't imagine trying to do that fight without a geared Faris, being able to AOE full dispel AND apply a new swath of debuffs all in one turn is too important.

• Options
    Yeah that's the fucked up part, I finished it in 50 turns out of 75, I could super easily have waited another turn or two I just missed that I had two 100% full hp bars and one 99.5% full one.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Got Rem's EX on my very first multi-pull, because this game loves me

So, question about my EX+ options: for dedicated support, I have Y'shtola, Yuna, Rem, and Lenna's EX weapons. Who benefits most from Realization?

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Stilts wrote: »
    Got Rem's EX on my very first multi-pull, because this game loves me

So, question about my EX+ options: for dedicated support, I have Y'shtola, Yuna, Rem, and Lenna's EX weapons. Who benefits most from Realization?

Lenna's weapon isn't realizable yet. Rem doesn't gain much from realization IMO, though if you have books to spare, might as well toss her one for overflow on Siphon Delta, and if you want to 3/3 her, it'll make Siphon even better.

Yuna gets to start with Valefor active at 3/3, which saves you a lot of turns warming up the big guns.

Yshtola wants 3/3 for a fantastic HP++, as well as a last stand effect (she can't be killed in one hit if her HP is at 50% or more)

• Options
    One single turn over the limit for Soulcage Chaos. :(

For how simple the game is overall, I am impressed with how they manage to make every Chaos boss feel like its own brand of bullshit.

• Options
    It annoys me that you can make the turn limit but not the score limit, and vice versa

• Options
    Oh shit, Wild Points are coming after the Wednesday maintenance. That will make farming summon boards much less unpleasant. Praise SQEX!

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Wild points?

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Ilpala wrote: »
    Wild points?

Once it gets put in, when you do fights for summon board points you get both points for that character and an extra pool of "wild" points, that can be applied to whichever character.

Extra points that you can apply to your less used characters so that you don't have to drag them through the fights, basically.

• Options
    A few days ago, JP finally got access to craft a few spheres with the arrival of Ultimate Odin.

The craftable spheres are only 2/5 as potent as "real" spheres from EX+ weapons. So if a real sphere does something 10%, the craftable sphere does that same thing for 4%. :/ At least you'll be able to start soothing the OCD of having all those empty slots, even if it won't be a very noticeable improvement in performance.