As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Mummy [Phalla] GAME OVER: This is only the beginning! UNDEAD VICTORY!

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Instant gratification!

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Here's who is left.
    1. Grunt's Ghosts
    2. Kime
    3. Cythraul
    4. Drez
    5. AustinP0027
    6. Bluecyan
    7. Auralynx
    8. Locus
    9. Jdarksun
    10. LostNinja
    11. premium
    12. ObiFett
    13. Erin The Red
    14. H3Knuckles
    15. Burnage

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Jeez

So, do we think there's more than one mafia? Or is it just invincible Imhotep with the ability to raise/convert others (perhaps via curse, since that's a delayed result that can be prevented)?

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    We've basically lost two days with a Locus vote (vote immune apparently) and J4P calling out 38th for not dying (who then died village).

Still, decent number of people left so probably have a day or two before whiffing on mafia becomes really bad. No more Vig so only two kills a day unless curse starts killing people.

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    Jeez

So, do we think there's more than one mafia? Or is it just invincible Imhotep with the ability to raise/convert others (perhaps via curse, since that's a delayed result that can be prevented)?

I have been working off the initially-just-Imhotep theory, which the Book of Life text and bonus kill on Beni tends to support, for some time now.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

Auralynx wrote: »
    Jeez

I have been working off the initially-just-Imhotep theory, which the Book of Life text and bonus kill on Beni tends to support, for some time now.

If this is really true, then it makes no sense that the key and book of life haven't been connected. J4P was alive for 4 days, and confirmed for 3. Someone should have reached out to them in that time if everyone else is village.

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    If you roleblocked me last night, please send me a PM.

• LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    I assume Auralynx's theory is that even though there was only one mafia at the start, players have been/are being converted as the game goes along.

Yeah, ok Mr. Mummy. Not going to listen to your attempts to send us into a spiral of doom.

:P

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Jeez

If this is really true, then it makes no sense that the key and book of life haven't been connected. J4P was alive for 4 days, and confirmed for 3. Someone should have reached out to them in that time if everyone else is village.

It could be that somebody who'd been converted found the key? It wasn't necessarily in play at the start of the game unless I'm missing something.

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Well, my actions last night did not lead me to any prosperity.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    Yeah, ok Mr. Mummy. Not going to listen to your attempts to send us into a spiral of doom.

:P
    Tough, but fair.

edited December 2019
    Burnage wrote: »
    Jeez

It could be that somebody who'd been converted found the key? It wasn't necessarily in play at the start of the game unless I'm missing something.

Yeah, I was reading it as a "only the mummy, no other bad guys" stance. If there are conversions, then there are any number of possible reasons/ways that the key and book are missing.

AustinP0027 on
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Burnage wrote: »
    Jeez

It was in play Day 2 after I found it in Shangri-la. Then it was stolen that night.

Locus has accurately represented my position re: him converting people to chanting cultist minions.

Auralynx on
    kshu0oba7xnr.png

Let's get some vote discussion going at least....

H3Knuckles, why the Locus vote yesterday? Feels like we had pretty solidly assumed as a group that he can't be killed yet.

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular

H3Knuckles, why the Locus vote yesterday? Feels like we had pretty solidly assumed as a group that he can't be killed yet.

That's one guess. Could just be he only has one day of blocking the vote. It's more likely we need the book to kill him, but not impossible.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Well good luck village.

Austin you were a shabby bodyguard.

Justice for Pluto you have crap aim and Pluto isn’t a planet for very valid reasons such as:

It is the largest known trans-Neptunian object by volume but is less massive than Eris. Like other Kuiper belt objects, Pluto is primarily made of ice and rock and is relatively small—about one-sixth the mass of the Moon and one-third its volume.

Hey now, there's no call for planetoid shaming here. It's still in the top ten biggest things (directly) orbiting the sun.
    ObiFett wrote: »
    If you roleblocked me last night, please send me a PM.

I can confirm role item exists, hit me when I tried to cure Burnage. There were two people who had information I had the cure at the time. Was still able to do actions though. has been super quiet these passed few days.

In lieu of a better target, Bluecyan is still pinging my mafiadar really bloody strongly.

Bluecyan wrote: »

I can confirm role item exists, hit me when I tried to cure Burnage. There were two people who had information I had the cure at the time. Was still able to do actions though. has been super quiet these passed few days.

Your BB tag hid the name you were trying to send.

Also, disc has been quiet because he's been replaced by jdark.

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Who cursed me? ME!?
    Dick move!

Anyone got some pills or whatever handy?

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular

To be fair, I voted Locus too. I figure vote immunity can't be a continual thing, right? That seems wack.

Also, did Blue confirm the existence of a roleblock, say they got hit with it, but was still able to act? That's...what?

Am I missing something?

Look, if you are village and you roleblocked me, then its very important you contact me via PM.

To be fair, I voted Locus too. I figure vote immunity can't be a continual thing, right? That seems wack.

Also, did Blue confirm the existence of a roleblock, say they got hit with it, but was still able to act? That's...what?

Am I missing something?
    Wack though it may be, I assure you that voting for me will continue to have the same outcome!

Also something does seem to have gone seriously wrong with that Bluecyan post. Perhaps by "actions" they meant the standard search/steal/trade actions?

It definitely can. We have every reason to believe Locus to be an Athan, provided (as also seems likely) that he's Imhotep. We should stop barking up that tree and sort out the book / key situation.

The also-interesting question is whether he's got any help.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

I think you have to assume I have some kind of help. Otherwise you're just slowly voting yourselves to death while you're figuring out how to kill me, and I don't think that's fun for anyone.

What you really need to decide on, as Auralynx has already proposed, is whether I had help from the beginning or I have recruited some help along the way.

Absolute best thing every single villager should do is literally (not figuratively) ignore Locus's posts.

• BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Locus wrote: »

Am I missing something?
    Wack though it may be, I assure you that voting for me will continue to have the same outcome!

Also something does seem to have gone seriously wrong with that Bluecyan post. Perhaps by "actions" they meant the standard search/steal/trade actions?

Okay, so apparently I typed something after getting zonked for a biopsy (I'm fine). To clarify: I was hit with the an item block night 2. Still able to trade/search/steal.

I also did mean Disc since they usually super active and constantly jumping around on votes. My general rule of thumb is if Disc seems mafia then they probably aren't. Was giving Jdark the benefit of the doubt and didn't want to seem like I was jumping on the replacement, especially when I was prime candidate. Probably still biting it but my list remains : jdark, Erin the red, LostNinja, gruntsghost and obifett.

My rationale for obi now is this weird dog whistle call. If we think the mafia have been targeting people with powers that should be info for the whole village to get an idea what they can do. Is it the same powers everyday?

This just seems like a false way to endear yourself to others to gain information and try and sway people. Maybe I'm wrong and this is trying to build like a seer network but seems clear Virgil was the seer.

Absolute best thing every single villager should do is literally (not figuratively) ignore Locus's posts.

But if I pay them attention I might get agrees or awesome to my posts!

• LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Going to go Jdark. He seems to be doing his active villager shtick that he does when mafia, goading others to contribute while doing the minimum of that himself.

Drez

• premiumpremium Registered User regular

It definitely can. We have every reason to believe Locus to be an Athan, provided (as also seems likely) that he's Imhotep. We should stop barking up that tree and sort out the book / key situation.

Is there like some handy list of reasons why this must be true or is it just assumptions?

• LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    premium wrote: »

Is there like some handy list of reasons why this must be true or is it just assumptions?

I think it’s mostly the result of them surviving the vote day 2, and surviving a vig shit on day 3. That’s when I came around to that line of thinking anyway.

Whoever has had the book and key may have gotten additional insight on this though.

Alright, so if you are a villager and you roleblocked me and you didn't take the time to reach out to me, then this is a misplay and its on you:

I'm a busdriver. I was on the path to winning the day 1 vote, so I reached out to a couple people (Disc/Jdark and LostNinja) and asked them to move their vote by revealing my ability.

Night 2, I missed the seer call and had my orders on swapping between myself and premium. Night 3, I busdrove off J4P, but its clear the mafia didn't target him because I didnt have Phyphor as the other target. This is also why I pushed back against the LostNinja vote yesterday. I figured if they were mafia, I would have been targeted before then. Last night, though, I got roleblocked the very night they did target J4P. Coincidence, I think not. Either a villager made a very poorly timed bad decision (unlikely) and then a worse decision by not coming to me. Or, more likely, the mafia knew I was a busdriver and blocked me when they needed to kill J4P.

This means either Jdarkor LostNinja are mafia. I'm gonna go with the former because it was weird that disc was willing to work with me and then they act on it once Jdark gets active with that role. If Jdark dies green, then we should kill LostNinja, imo.

Jdark is an ok spot unless something else arises I suppose. I feel like BlueCyan is susp also but that's mostly gut feeling

I still think Bluecyan's more suspicious, but Jdarksun is definitely acting like they're in mafia mode as well.

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I think Erin and Jdark are pretty suspicious but I need to think.

Also I’m cursed and I ironically lost the anti-cursing ointment I found via search on Day One. Go me.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Alright, so if you are a villager and you roleblocked me and you didn't take the time to reach out to me, then this is a misplay and its on you:

I'm a busdriver. I was on the path to winning the day 1 vote, so I reached out to a couple people (Disc/Jdark and LostNinja) and asked them to move their vote by revealing my ability.

Night 2, I missed the seer call and had my orders on swapping between myself and premium. Night 3, I busdrove off J4P, but its clear the mafia didn't target him because I didnt have Phyphor as the other target. This is also why I pushed back against the LostNinja vote yesterday. I figured if they were mafia, I would have been targeted before then. Last night, though, I got roleblocked the very night they did target J4P. Coincidence, I think not. Either a villager made a very poorly timed bad decision (unlikely) and then a worse decision by not coming to me. Or, more likely, the mafia knew I was a busdriver and blocked me when they needed to kill J4P.

This means either Jdarkor LostNinja are mafia. I'm gonna go with the former because it was weird that disc was willing to work with me and then they act on it once Jdark gets active with that role. If Jdark dies green, then we should kill LostNinja, imo.

Coincidences happen occasionally

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    kime wrote: »

There are no coincidences, all is as Amaat wills it.

Sure, but simplest explanation is usually right.

Sure, but simplest explanation is usually right.

Yeah, gotta agree with that. jdarksun