As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Mummy [Phalla] GAME OVER: This is only the beginning! UNDEAD VICTORY!

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    I'm still catching up on the thread, but I wanted to answer this quickly:
    Let's get some vote discussion going at least....

H3Knuckles, why the Locus vote yesterday? Feels like we had pretty solidly assumed as a group that he can't be killed yet.

At the time, I wasn't entirely sold on the idea that it was actual perpetual immunity, on the basis that as Erin said the mafia would want the village wasting time trying to vote out someone who can't be, whereas Locus was trying to talk us out of it. Seemed hinky, and I figured giving it a second shot wouldn't have set the village back too far. Things have taken a turn for the worse, so I wouldn't take that chance now.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Alright, so if you are a villager and you roleblocked me and you didn't take the time to reach out to me, then this is a misplay and its on you:

I'm a busdriver. I was on the path to winning the day 1 vote, so I reached out to a couple people (Disc/Jdark and LostNinja) and asked them to move their vote by revealing my ability.

Night 2, I missed the seer call and had my orders on swapping between myself and premium. Night 3, I busdrove off J4P, but its clear the mafia didn't target him because I didnt have Phyphor as the other target. This is also why I pushed back against the LostNinja vote yesterday. I figured if they were mafia, I would have been targeted before then. Last night, though, I got roleblocked the very night they did target J4P. Coincidence, I think not. Either a villager made a very poorly timed bad decision (unlikely) and then a worse decision by not coming to me. Or, more likely, the mafia knew I was a busdriver and blocked me when they needed to kill J4P.

This means either Jdarkor LostNinja are mafia. I'm gonna go with the former because it was weird that disc was willing to work with me and then they act on it once Jdark gets active with that role. If Jdark dies green, then we should kill LostNinja, imo.

Aren't busdrivers a mafia/neutral power though? Like, the whole purpose is to create confusion, which is the opposite of what the village wants. Also, we don't really have anything supporting your claim of being roleblocked or protecting J4P, do we?

On the other hand, I also had been wondering about how quiet disc was (IIRC village disc is almost always very active in voting discussion and quick to switch votes around), but chalked it up to being distracted by whatever led to him needing to be replaced.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    Alright, so if you are a villager and you roleblocked me and you didn't take the time to reach out to me, then this is a misplay and its on you:

I'm a busdriver. I was on the path to winning the day 1 vote, so I reached out to a couple people (Disc/Jdark and LostNinja) and asked them to move their vote by revealing my ability.

Night 2, I missed the seer call and had my orders on swapping between myself and premium. Night 3, I busdrove off J4P, but its clear the mafia didn't target him because I didnt have Phyphor as the other target. This is also why I pushed back against the LostNinja vote yesterday. I figured if they were mafia, I would have been targeted before then. Last night, though, I got roleblocked the very night they did target J4P. Coincidence, I think not. Either a villager made a very poorly timed bad decision (unlikely) and then a worse decision by not coming to me. Or, more likely, the mafia knew I was a busdriver and blocked me when they needed to kill J4P.

This means either Jdarkor LostNinja are mafia. I'm gonna go with the former because it was weird that disc was willing to work with me and then they act on it once Jdark gets active with that role. If Jdark dies green, then we should kill LostNinja, imo.

Aren't busdrivers a mafia/neutral power though? Like, the whole purpose is to create confusion, which is the opposite of what the village wants. Also, we don't really have anything supporting your claim of being roleblocked or protecting J4P, do we?

On the other hand, I also had been wondering about how quiet disc was (IIRC village disc is almost always very active in voting and typically quite bullish about his opinions), but chalked it up to being distracted by whatever led to him needing to be replaced.

J4P mentioned being protected by a busdriver.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Porque no los kill them all

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    kime wrote: »

On the other hand, I also had been wondering about how quiet disc was (IIRC village disc is almost always very active in voting and typically quite bullish about his opinions), but chalked it up to being distracted by whatever led to him needing to be replaced.

Ah, thanks. That at least means Obi told J4P that beforehand and didn't just come up with it now.

camo_sig2-400.png

Ah, thanks. That at least means Obi told J4P that beforehand and didn't just come up with it now.

No, that means someone told J4P they were a busdriver.

And keep in mind an equally plausible scenario is that Obi lied to J4P. There is no roleblock and he was never protected

Steam profile
  • CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Well if he's a village busdriver and mafia have a roleblocker in play I guess Obi will be dying tonight anyway.

jdark

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
    Not sure why I hit italic instead of bold but there it is.

Steam
    jdarksun, I suppose.

But I'm side-eyeing Obi.

camo_sig2-400.png
    One thing though. If the mafia have a roleblocker and KNEW Obi was a busdriver then why did Phyphor die?

Steam
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Cythraul wrote: »
    One thing though. If the mafia have a roleblocker and KNEW Obi was a busdriver then why did Phyphor die?

I've thought about that quite a bit and I don't have an answer.

But it's why I settled on Jdark because maybe they didn't get the info I was a role locker from disc since he was relatively inactive and it only just made it back to the mafia with Jdark being active?

• LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    edited December 2019

On the other hand, I also had been wondering about how quiet disc was (IIRC village disc is almost always very active in voting discussion and quick to switch votes around), but chalked it up to being distracted by whatever led to him needing to be replaced.

I’ve been thinking about this since finding out night 1, and still probably wouldn’t be sure if I wasn’t getting a village vibe from Obi otherwise, but I think the purpose of the busdriver in this game would be to protect whoever had the book/key from having them stolen rather than being a pseudo guard.

LostNinja on
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Jdark may have some explaining to do.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    LostNinja wrote: »
    premium wrote: »
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Let's get some vote discussion going at least....

H3Knuckles, why the Locus vote yesterday? Feels like we had pretty solidly assumed as a group that he can't be killed yet.

To be fair, I voted Locus too. I figure vote immunity can't be a continual thing, right? That seems wack.

It definitely can. We have every reason to believe Locus to be an Athan, provided (as also seems likely) that he's Imhotep. We should stop barking up that tree and sort out the book / key situation.

The also-interesting question is whether he's got any help.

Is there like some handy list of reasons why this must be true or is it just assumptions?

I think it’s mostly the result of them surviving the vote day 2, and surviving a vig shit on day 3. That’s when I came around to that line of thinking anyway.

Whoever has had the book and key may have gotten additional insight on this though.

What I've seen in terms of item text as things have slipped through my fingers strongly implies it as well, btw.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Was on site all day, just got back to a PC. Spreadsheet updated!

I don't really think there's anything I can do to turn the tide here, so I'm going to go back and re-read the forwarded PM chains so I can figure out what I missed.
    But it's why I settled on Jdark because maybe they didn't get the info I was a role locker from disc since he was relatively inactive and it only just made it back to the mafia with Jdark being active?
    role locker? you mean bus driver? I'm not saying you're not, you've been pretty clear about being a bus driver, I just don't understand role locker and assume you mean bus driver here.

Phone autocorrect

So uh

Busdriver doesn't easily autocorrect to "role locker"

"Roleblocker" does though. In fact that's the first suggestion my phone gives me

Steam profile
    Typing on my phone and trying to do it between taking care of kids is a bad idea. I might have typed roleblocker (I definitely did since it autocorrected me just now to role locker) but I meant busdriver, while thinking about being role blocked and my brain is dumb sometimes

Obi

Because this doesn't make sense.

Steam
  • BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Was on site all day, just got back to a PC. Spreadsheet updated!

I don't really think there's anything I can do to turn the tide here, so I'm going to go back and re-read the forwarded PM chains so I can figure out what I missed.
    role locker? you mean bus driver? I'm not saying you're not, you've been pretty clear about being a bus driver, I just don't understand role locker and assume you mean bus driver here.

Oh hey, I guess I didn't actually vote for you properly in my rambling post. Thanks for keeping a well recorded list.

Let's fix that little mistake Jdarksun eh?

Phone autocorrect

*side-eyeing ObiFett intensifies*

camo_sig2-400.png
    ]color=red]ObiFett[/color]

camo_sig2-400.png
    jdarksun

ObiFett

camo_sig2-400.png
    Phone autocorrect

He's had role-blocking on the brain all day - note his earlier posts.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    This last minute push towards Obifett sure as hell feels suspicious to me.

Voting for people we find suspicious is suspicious?

Oh phalla.

Steam
    edited December 2019
    Phone autocorrect

he's also openly working with LostNinja, and so far the case against jdarksun seems to be:
    1. Accusations by Obi regarding backchannel comms and actions that mostly can't be substantiated
    2. LostNinja saying jdark's acting like he has when mafia in previous games
    3. replaced discrider who was unusually quiet (but obviously had stuff going on that required him to withdraw)

What am I missing?

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
    Phone autocorrect

he's also openly working with LostNinja, and so far the case against jdarksun seems to be:
    1. Accusations by Obi regarding backchannel comms and actions that mostly can't be substantiated
    2. LostNinja saying he's acting like he does when mafia
    3. replaced discrider who was unusually quiet (but obviously had stuff going on that required him to withdraw)

What am I missing?

Nothing, just pointing out the simpler explanation. What else you got on Obi or LostNinja?

kshu0oba7xnr.png

I mean, I could definitely be wrong, but the whole thing feels shaky to me.

There would need to be a lot of switches to even tie it, let alone save jdarksun, so this is basically a gesture.

camo_sig2-400.png
    Here's my thought on this.

Obi hasn't actually busdriven anything.
    Mafia supposedly had this info like, all along.
    Obi continues to live and suggests tomorrow's target in case tonight comes up green.
    I was already suspicious of him.
    By outing himself he's dead anyway.

Frankly I'm happy to let them all die. If only I had a multi-kill!

Steam
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    What's the current count? My head is killing me and I can't numbers

edited December 2019
    Like 7 for jdark, 2 for Obi, 1 for Drez (by Locus), 1 for Bluecyan (by kime).

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    So uh

Busdriver doesn't easily autocorrect to "role locker"

"Roleblocker" does though. In fact that's the first suggestion my phone gives me
    Obi's been pretty up front about being a bus driver, it was just a mistake.

I came in late so I don't have any real history to point to. My only defense is that Obi said he figured he'd be dead if LN or I was mafia. He remains steadfastly alive, so; it seems sorta far-fetched that the mafia would have killed all these other people (I need to record death sources) knowing that Obi was special. If discrider was mafia and totally inactive, I still would have told the mafia on Day 3.

I could ask for proof that Obi's the bus driver, but I'm not sure how they'd prove that. I could point out that Obi has orchestrated amazing phalla feats in the past, organizing wagons on folk (me specifically, iirc) in order to lead the mafia to victory. But that's a tough sell on the other side of a wagon.

Still, ObiFett is my best hope right now.

• BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Cythraul wrote: »
    Here's my thought on this.

Obi hasn't actually busdriven anything.
    Mafia supposedly had this info like, all along.
    Obi continues to live and suggests tomorrow's target in case tonight comes up green.
    I was already suspicious of him.
    By outing himself he's dead anyway.

Frankly I'm happy to let them all die. If only I had a multi-kill!

Unless we can get the mafia Role Blocker tonight, then if Obi is a bus driver they will be immune from the mafia kill and we might actually start getting some forward progress. Honestly, village is kind of down right now, day 5 and no mafia hit and a WHOLE lot of village specials down.

I've got some issues with Obi, but the fact they are coming forward (unprovoked) with proof of a role blocker leads me to trust them more.

I can never read Jdark, but any game Disc and I don't horribly argue at some point is a game we are on opposite sides.

I'm actually finding jdark's reasoning more persuasive than ObiFett's, but I started today about equally suspicious of both, so I'm not sure I've got a really strong argument to add either way.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    A little less than an hour left.

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Phone autocorrect

2. LostNinja saying jdark's acting like he has when mafia in previous games

What am I missing?

Interesting how you throw this out there like I’m confirmed mafia, or by all accounts Obi has been equally working with Jdark and presumably JFP (who I told Obi’s role to last night in case I was being played).

• Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    I think Obi's story is falling apart as time goes on.

ObiFett