As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Mummy [Phalla] GAME OVER: This is only the beginning! UNDEAD VICTORY!

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Well, I can point out that I was scarred for life during a phalla premium himself ran, I guess:

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/180580/dwarf-phalla-2-votemurdered-has-fallen-obifett-the-mad-king-victory/p1

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Well, I can point out that I was scarred for life during a phalla premium himself ran, I guess:

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/180580/dwarf-phalla-2-votemurdered-has-fallen-obifett-the-mad-king-victory/p1

I mean, there aren't any dwarves in this game, so you are safe.

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »

There were mummified pygmy cannibals in the second movie. Close enough; I remain vigilant.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

There were mummified pygmy cannibals in the second movie. Close enough; I remain vigilant.

To be fair,

giphy.gif

I'm not nearly the same player I was in that game. I had much more time and energy and got more enjoyment out of deception and stuff back then.

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    That's just what an unkillable evil dwarf king would say

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • premiumpremium Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    premium wrote: »
    Auralynx had the most suspicious vote switch last night, imo

I just plain made a bad call last night, but it did at least keep things close enough to create some tension about who might break which way - which you yourself got some benefit from!

Fear that we were headed for another super-bold play by Obi in a game with unusual mechanics is the justification I can offer. That's about it.

Yeah I mean like.... I think yesterday was pretty sketchy. Turned out Obi was right! But there was reasonably room for doubt.

That said, if the vote was close, Obi-doubters are still a good place to look.

It's not just that people doubted obi. There was definitely room for doubt, and I could easily envision scenarios where obi was just plain wrong even if he wasn't lying. But jumping from 'let's try going along with obi's vote logic' to 'what a lying liar let's vote him out' over the span of a few hours without any evidence/facts actually changing... That feels weird to me!

Auralynx had the most suspicious vote switch last night, imo

I just plain made a bad call last night, but it did at least keep things close enough to create some tension about who might break which way - which you yourself got some benefit from!

Fear that we were headed for another super-bold play by Obi in a game with unusual mechanics is the justification I can offer. That's about it.

Yeah I mean like.... I think yesterday was pretty sketchy. Turned out Obi was right! But there was reasonably room for doubt.

That said, if the vote was close, Obi-doubters are still a good place to look.

It's not just that people doubted obi. There was definitely room for doubt, and I could easily envision scenarios where obi was just plain wrong even if he wasn't lying. But jumping from 'let's try going along with obi's vote logic' to 'what a lying liar let's vote him out' over the span of a few hours without any evidence/facts actually changing... That feels weird to me!

And going back through the events, I think H3 is most suspicious from all that. I don't have any more info that you guys on this, though, so this is no more solid a vote than what others have put out, imo.

And there is a distinct lack of people sending me PMs. We gotta coordinate stuff if we want to win. Talk to me so we can coordinate.

• AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    I feel like gunt’s ghosts has been super quiet...

• AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Damn you phone.

grunt’s ghosts

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I can get behind Obi since I don’t have much of a better idea: H3Knuckles

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    I'm not sure if it's worth voting H3, being he is cursed and will die if no one heals him. I say we give him a day or two and if he doesn't die, drop him. However, I don't know who to vote for at the moment...

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    LostNinja wrote: »
    Found out where my cure went. Switching to H3 for leading the Obi counter wagon.
    I picked Obi over Jdark last night because I felt Obi couldn't keep his story straight then blamed it on autocorrect and whatnot and I hadn't seen much from Jdark, especially since he took over for disc.

Which is honestly a fair assessment, that mistype was pretty not great on my part.

So, Grunt's Ghosts is clear for the same reasoning why I expressed my doubts about Obi, but I'm suspicious?

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Erin has been suspiciously quiet. And I don't think any of the other wagons are particularly strong.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    I'm gonna vote for premium, but mainly for low activity.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    edited December 2019
    Erin's certainly been out-of-the-loop a lot, but at least she's contributed some ideas. I can't recall premium even tossing anything out? Drez at least came forward with some more claims about curse mechanics. GG has also been low activity, but nothing particular to ping my radar and based on why people are voting tonight it'd feel a bit hypocritical of me.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
    Votes so far:
    • H3Knuckles (3) - LostNinja (4th), ObiFett (6th), Drez (8th)
    • Erin the Red (1) - LostNinja (2nd), kime (9th)
    • Auralynx (1) - premium (5th)
    • Drez (1) - Bluecyan (1st)
    • Grunt's Ghosts (1) - AustinP0027 (7th)
    • LostNinja (1) - Erin the Red (3rd)
    • premium (1) - H3Knuckles (10th)

camo_sig2-400.png
    @Auralynx @Burnage @Grunt's Ghosts

Don't forget to vote!

camo_sig2-400.png
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    Erin's certainly been out-of-the-loop a lot, but at least she's contributed some ideas. I can't recall premium even tossing anything out? Drez at least came forward with some more claims about curse mechanics. GG has also been low activity, but nothing particular to ping my radar and based on why people are voting tonight it'd feel a bit hypocritical of me.
    Erin has been suspiciously quiet. And I don't think any of the other wagons are particularly strong.

Absolutely valid. I've been trying to be active, but holidays coming up and my brain dwelling on folks who won't be around for the holidays this year has me in a real bad funk. It doesn't change the fact that I haven't been a super helpful villager and if that gets me voted off, so be it.

I'll come out and say that I've got day 2 of a plague there isnt a day 3 for and that I've got no powers and am a villager. My voting hasn't been the best, so I'm not a super reliable source of insight or info.

Grunt's Ghost feels suspicious to me right now due to not being around much (hey, I'm a hypocrite. What can I say?)

I don't have as much of a read on others at the moment, but if I survive the night I'll try and dig in a bit more

• LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    Auralynx Burnage Grunt's Ghosts

Don't forget to vote!
    This hurt my feelings. :(

Locus wrote: »

Don't forget to vote!

As the vote leader, I figured pleading for you to vote might not help my case in the eyes of others.

camo_sig2-400.png
    edited December 2019
    Votes so far:
    • H3Knuckles (3) - LostNinja (4th), ObiFett (6th), Drez (8th)
    • Grunt's Ghosts (2) - AustinP0027 (7th), Erin the Red (11th)
    • LostNinja (0) - Erin the Red (3rd)

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    A little under 2 hours!! Don't forget to vote y'all!!

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"

Don't forget to vote!

As the vote leader, I figured pleading for you to vote might not help my case in the eyes of others.
    That's fair.

edited December 2019
    I don't want to throw GG under the bus solely based on their low thread activity, when I'd probably just die the day after tomorrow anyways because of the curse. If I wasn't cursed, I'd take the risk of tieing the vote strictly for self-preservation.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
    Well then... H3.

If you aren't mafia, I'm sorry.

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Grunt's Ghosts seems more suspicious to me out of the two leading bandwagons currently.

Votes so far:
    • H3Knuckles (4) - LostNinja (4th), ObiFett (6th), Drez (8th), Grunt's Ghosts (12th)
    • Grunt's Ghosts (3) - AustinP0027 (7th), Erin the Red (11th), Burnage (13th)

camo_sig2-400.png
    Well then... H3.

If you aren't mafia, I'm sorry.

I understand. But nothing good for the village from my death. The votes against me are most likely a red herring (Except maybe Drez), and my voting record is pretty useless since neither I nor RU had networked any before tonight.

Grunt's Ghosts for self-preservation.

camo_sig2-400.png
    Fine, to avoid ties GG

GG it is.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

Grunt's Ghosts works, I guess.

Actually, I'm sorry, even if this looks suspicious, I'm switching back to H3Knuckles. We don't need a completely lopsided bandwagon anyway and if the mafia wants to risk saving someone due to a close vote, at least we'll have something to analyze tomorrow. I have a vague suspicion of both H3K and GG but more toward H3K so I'd rather just leave the vote there.

• MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    A little over 40 min left!

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
    I have a cure and was going to cure Erin the Red but they decided to vote for me. So Erin the Red because I don't believe you are cursed but mafia wanting people to waste their cures on you.

To give more clarity, I told them I was going to cure them then they voted for me.

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    That doesn't make any sense. If they were mafia trying to get villagers to waste cures on them, why would they vote for a villager about to use a cure on them?

Let's at least keep it close.

H3Knuckles

Burnage wrote: »
    That doesn't make any sense. If they were mafia trying to get villagers to waste cures on them, why would they vote for a villager about to use a cure on them?

My thoughts exactly. I stole Ninja's cure last night not knowing he actually had one, tried to fix the situation by telling both of them about it and was going to cure Red then they voted for me. Look back at Ninja's post about knowing where their cure when to verify it. Then they voted for me anyway.

• BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Let's at least keep it close.

H3Knuckles

Let's not Grunt's Ghost. Though in my book H3 is just as likely but better to make a sure thing this close to vote.

edited December 2019
    Votes so far:
    • Grunt's Ghosts (7) - AustinP0027 (7th), Erin the Red (11th), Burnage (13th), H3Knuckles (14th), ObiFett (15th), Auralynx (16th), Drez (17th), Bluecyan (21st)
    • H3Knuckles (3) - LostNinja (4th), ObiFett (6th), Drez (8th), Grunt's Ghosts (12th), Drez (18th), Locus (20th)
    • Erin the Red (2) - LostNinja (2nd), kime (9th), Grunt's Ghosts (19th)
    • Drez (0) - Bluecyan (1st)
    • premium (0) - H3Knuckles (10th)

Huh, weird how it worked out so that all three players who had all votes against them redacted are in both alphabetical order, and order of when the vote against them was made.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png