As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Mummy [Phalla] GAME OVER: This is only the beginning! UNDEAD VICTORY!

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    A part of me feels like H3K and GG may both be mafia. They are barely interacting with each other (I went through each other's posts where one mentions the other), even now with both of them leading 1st and 2nd in bandwagons, which is weird to me. Neither really putting any logic forward against the other, except a comment by H3K a couple of days (?) ago (or maybe it was today) asking why he is suspicious and not GG. Then Locus shows up talking about making it not a close vote. Misdirection? I dunno.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    Day 6 is over. Votes closed.

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Screw you guys. I'm taking my cure, and the rest of you cursed people, with me to the Underworld.

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Drez wrote: »
    A part of me feels like H3K and GG may both be mafia. They are barely interacting with each other (I went through each other's posts where one mentions the other), even now with both of them leading 1st and 2nd in bandwagons, which is weird to me. Neither really putting any logic forward against the other, except a comment by H3K a couple of days (?) ago (or maybe it was today) asking why he is suspicious and not GG. Then Locus shows up talking about making it not a close vote. Misdirection? I dunno.

This has a bunch of errors.

I made that post today. The first two votes against me were LN and Obi, on the basis that I had voted for Obi rather than jdark the previous day. Yet they (or at least Obi) accepted GG's reasoning as innocent for why he had also voted Obi the previous day. But they were the same reasons I had given in the thread, so I was challenging the logic of voting against me.

I repeatedly mentioned that GG has been low activity in the thread so far, and that plus self-preservation are why I ended up voting against him.

GG originally said they didn't like the wagon against me, then joined it out of self-preservation, then switched to finger Erin when it became a lost cause.

Locus said exactly the opposite:
    Locus wrote: »
    Let's at least keep it close.

H3Knuckles

Whose side are you on, Drez?

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    OK sorry I did search specifically for "Grunt's Ghosts" and not "GG" which is an abbreviation I see you using here, so I may have missed something there. Apologies.

As for whose side I'm on, I'm on the side of the Truth.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    For the record, H3, I voted for you because of where you were on the obi train yesterday and the nature of your posts. They were much more suspicious than GG

• Options
    Day 7: Death of a courageous coward!

After a week of nearly no progress on rooting out Imhotep and his followers, one the undead at last slips up. A particularly inebriated Jonathan Carnahan (OBIFETT) stumbled into what he believed was his own tent, only to come face-to-face with a mummified horror. The monster quickly moved to silence Jonathan, but with his dying breath the man was able to call for help. A mob quickly surrounded the mummy priest (GRUNT'S GHOST) and with an impressive volley of gunfire and scimitar swings, managed to put down the undead for good. Morale now at a high point for the first time in days, the desiccated remains of the mummy were paraded through the camp.

The deceased:
    Jonathan Carnahan (OBIFETT) - Death by death
    (GRUNT'S GHOST)- Brutal force

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    FUCK

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Well, there goes my connection.

camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    But hey! We got another undead.

Please, please, please someone have a cure for me.

camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Our two day curse people still aren’t dead. Does anyone claim curing Drez or Erin?

For the record GG store my cure two nights ago after I told Erin I had it. They confessed to it yesterday though which had me leaning village for them because why would the mafia confess to that? Unless it was because I immediately started to suspect Erin

LostNinja on
  • Options
    Actually, scratch that. I'm expendable, someone stole the only thing important I had.

Heads up everyone! Stealing one of the items gave me a curse, Obi thinks each of the items are what curse people, so the mafia can track their movements.

camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Erin since I edited the above.

• Options
    All PMs have been sent out! Have fun today!

• Options
    Yesterday's final vote:
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    Votes so far:
    • Grunt's Ghosts (7) - AustinP0027 (7th), Erin the Red (11th), Burnage (13th), H3Knuckles (14th), ObiFett (15th), Auralynx (16th), Drez (17th), Bluecyan (21st)
    • H3Knuckles (3) - LostNinja (4th), ObiFett (6th), Drez (8th), Grunt's Ghosts (12th), Drez (18th), Locus (20th)
    • Erin the Red (2) - LostNinja (2nd), kime (9th), Grunt's Ghosts (19th)
    • Auralynx (1) - premium (5th)
    • Drez (0) - Bluecyan (1st)
    • LostNinja (0) - Erin the Red (3rd)
    • premium (0) - H3Knuckles (10th)

Huh, weird how it worked out so that all three players who had all votes against them redacted are in both alphabetical order, and order of when the vote against them was made.

So, given Erin's placement in voting for GG, I'm leaning towards her having been village, but not being dead makes me fear she's been converted, unless someone cured her (PM me instead of publicly announcing it).

camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    I'm going to be very busy tomorrow, so for now I'm going to put a placeholder vote on Drez for:
    1. the low activity most of the game
    2. the weird vote switching last night
    3. that misinformed post at the top of page 17 that claims Locus said the opposite of what they actually did when they voted against me
    4. for still being alive after claiming they were on day 2 of a curse that is supposed to kill them that night

camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Huh, I missed all the action

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Just to reiterate, I'm still cursed (2nd day now), my PM says I haven't got much time if it isn't cured. If you want to cure me, that would be very much appreciated, but other people might be a higher priority than me (since I'm now empty-handed). Still, I suppose I could be cured tonight, and them tomorrow night, since it takes a few days for the effects to kick in.

We need a network head, but since we don't seem to have reliable guards, I'm not sure how to work that out.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Kime
    Drez
    Austin
    Bluecyan
    Auralynx
    Locus
    Lostninja
    premium
    Erin
    Burnage

That's not a vote for Locus, I just didn't want anyone to forget that he's an evil mummy while I posted a list for reference.

It seems like a safe bet he has at least one more minion of some kind.

E: And I forgot to close the tag properly, to cap it off, so it really doesn't count.

Auralynx on
    kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    Love that bbcode :D

Steam profile
  • Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    I'll come out and say that I've got day 2 of a plague there isnt a day 3 for and that I've got no powers and am a villager. My voting hasn't been the best, so I'm not a super reliable source of insight

Erin, why aren’t you dead?

• Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Kime
    Drez
    Austin
    Bluecyan
    Auralynx
    Locus
    Lostninja
    premium
    Erin
    Burnage

That's not a vote for Locus, I just didn't want anyone to forget that he's an evil mummy while I posted a list for reference.

It seems like a safe bet he has at least one more minion of some kind.

E: And I forgot to close the tag properly, to cap it off, so it really doesn't count.
    You forgot H3Knuckles.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I'll come out and say that I've got day 2 of a plague there isnt a day 3 for and that I've got no powers and am a villager. My voting hasn't been the best, so I'm not a super reliable source of insight

Frankly I'm as surprised as you are. I guess GG saying that I WAS gonna get cured but not after I voted for him was enough to get someone to use a cure on me?

Shit I hope they're not rare. I'd say they should have saved it for a special but we kinda need all hands on deck, eh?

ANYWAY my vote today is for H3 mostly because GG vouched for you and then y'all both kinda jumped on each other immediately and that felt weird to me? Most of this has been gut feels but frankly at this point you all seem suspicious as hell to me.

I'm surprised kime is still alive and bluecyan still feels off to me for reasons I can't put my finger on.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    Love that bbcode :D

Real proud moment for me there. I blame trying not to disturb my wife.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    I'm not feeling especially swayed by any of the vote targets so far today, so a preliminary vote for Bluecyan again. I'm still finding him very suspicious.

• Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular

Frankly I'm as surprised as you are. I guess GG saying that I WAS gonna get cured but not after I voted for him was enough to get someone to use a cure on me?

Shit I hope they're not rare. I'd say they should have saved it for a special but we kinda need all hands on deck, eh?

ANYWAY my vote today is for H3 mostly because GG vouched for you and then y'all both kinda jumped on each other immediately and that felt weird to me? Most of this has been gut feels but frankly at this point you all seem suspicious as hell to me.

I'm surprised kime is still alive and bluecyan still feels off to me for reasons I can't put my finger on.

I get that a lot, even outside if phallas too...

• Options
    So, I think it's time that people start publicly sharing their thoughts on each other and what they have been up to.

We're limited on people, and no seer means no one is confirmed. I'd like to think that my starting of the GG wagon puts me in a good place to at least have earned a small amount of trust here.

Erin - Need to understand why you aren't dead. That's a pretty big red flag
    Kime - You've been really quite, and vote record is a little all over the place (mostly seeming to avoid wagons)
    Drez - the word I'd use with most of your actions seems to be random. That is a little troubling, if I'm being honest.
    Auralynx - I'm not sure, honestly. Nothing too suspicious jumps out, which in itself seems a little suspicious.
    BlueCyan - not sure why people are jumping all over Blue, so far he's reading villager and pretty active
    H3 - Replacement, but I'm getting the villager H3 vibe from the detailed analysis and basically the fact that he's resigned to death today without a cure
    LostNinja - Not too sure. I need to look at votes more, but started off really quiet and has gotten louder as the game goes on (not necessarily a bad thing)
    premium - super quiet. I don't have a read at all, honestly.

Locus - Hi Mummy dude.

I'd encourage everyone else to start dropping info and discussing, or even refuting my stuff above, but we need some real convos going here now that the game is getting close to the potential end.

• Options
    This is the second time on this page that someone has listed all of the remaining players, and yet forgot to include one person.

Poor @Burnage!

• Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Hey, I have the key. If anyone has either book (life preferred) please let me know so I can give it to you.

I would ask if anyone is planning on stealing run it by me so that we don't end up getting these things separated again.

Erin/Drez - May be a conversion or the curses are a bit of a red herring, but probably best to find out what is going on there.
    Kime - Been very much on the sideline, voting early then letting things play out. Seemed suspicious early on but kept the routine during the last few nights.
    Auralynx - Has been very active with the whole key/book hunt, though the jump from Jdark to Obi is still weird
    Bluecyan - seems very suspicious, maybe not mafia but we should probably kill them anyways
    H3 - Same list of suspicious that GG had, the sudden bandwagoning of GG might have been a mafia call to not look suspicious. Though the cursed thing may take precedence depending.
    LostNinja - Very responsible for the Jdark kill, seems legit, has tried to cure people
    premium - Wait, they're in this game? Very quiet...
    Burnage - Either they lied about being cursed or they are village. Strikes me as vilalge
    Austin - Also a cured cursed person, very active in the key/book realm

There, that's every living person, didn't miss anyone important.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    FINE. I'll do it myself.

Locus - Mafia, obvi.

Auralynx - 100% grade-A mafia.
    Austin - Definitely mafia.
    Bluecyan - Oh, they're a mafia alright.
    Burnage - On a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being village and 10 being mafia, they are a 10.
    Drez - In the history of phalla, has there ever been a player more likely to be mafia? I say to thee, "No."
    Erin - Mafia AF.
    H3Knuckles - They're my MVM (Most Valuable Mummy).
    kime - Villager.
    LostNinja - If you looked up "mafia" in the dictionary, you would probably get a definition having absolutely nothing to do with phalla. BUT, if we had our own phalla dictionary, and if you looked up "mafia" in THAT dictionary, you would find a picture of LostNinja.
    premium - That's So Mafia.

Locus on
  • Options
    Locus wrote: »
    This is the second time on this page that someone has listed all of the remaining players, and yet forgot to include one person.

Poor @Burnage!

Oh damnit all. I was staring at the list above when I typed mine out so I really have no idea how I missed someone.

Burnage - don’t have a ton here. Seems like decent vote records but not getting much outside that

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    I've been going through the thread and I actually want to point some suspicion on Premium.

First point: He's been very, very quiet this game. Plenty of us have commented that it's been difficult to get a read on him because of this.

Second point: He tried to subtly encourage us to vote for Locus again. I think that at this point we can be pretty confident that Locus is immortal until we finish fucking around with the book and the key, so this feels like the sort of push a mafia member might give.

Third point: Literally a last minute vote on jdark, the kind that a mafioso might give when they want to bump up their voting record and know they can't change the bandwagon.

None of these are a slam dunk, but they do add up to being suspicious as hell. We're clawing things back but we still can't afford for a mafioso barely skirting inactivity to slip under our rader.

• Options
    Current vote count:

Erin - 2
    H3 - 2
    premium - 1
    Drez - 1

• Options
    I'm going to park a vote on Erin The Red for now, mostly because....what aren't you dead?

Need to know if curse is conversation, BS, or maybe you were just lying.

• Options
    That should say "why aren't you dead" but I don't want to edit the vote post

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I'm going to park a vote on Erin The Red for now, mostly because....what aren't you dead?

I had a curse, I was cured, now I don't! It's simple ancient Egyptian science.
    Burnage wrote: »
    I've been going through the thread and I actually want to point some suspicion on Premium.

Second point: He tried to subtly encourage us to vote for Locus again. I think that at this point we can be pretty confident that Locus is immortal until we finish fucking around with the book and the key, so this feels like the sort of push a mafia member might give.

To be fair, I did this too. I just want to have that out in the open. But yeah, he's been real quiet.

I wish I had more reasoning or info for y'all on my end of stuff. Someone saved me from dying. Hooray? Guess I'll die for it today probably but yeah I agree it's suspicious as hell. Sorry for living? I guess?

• Options
    I think I'm with Burnage as far as finding premium's record suspect.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options

So, if you cured Erin, speak up. There's only a limited number of us left, so it should be pretty simple for someone to claim the cure.

• Options

So, if you cured Erin, speak up. There's only a limited number of us left, so it should be pretty simple for someone to claim the cure.

Not me!

Steam profile
  • Options
    This has been a busy day.

I'm going with Erin for a) yesterday's reason of being mostly quiet, and also being alive today :P

Steam profile