As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Mummy [Phalla] GAME OVER: This is only the beginning! UNDEAD VICTORY!

• premiumpremium Registered User regular
    I'm going to park a vote on Erin The Red for now, mostly because....what aren't you dead?

Need to know if curse is conversation, BS, or maybe you were just lying.

I had a curse, I was cured, now I don't! It's simple ancient Egyptian science.

So, if you cured Erin, speak up. There's only a limited number of us left, so it should be pretty simple for someone to claim the cure.

Shouldn't drez be dead too? So that would be 2 cure claims we need, if I am reading things right

• AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    I think tonight would be night 2 for Drez.

So, should die tonight if not cured

Drez wrote: »
    I mentioned this right before the "All PMs have been sent" message from Mamawolf, but I am also cursed for the second day running and will not last much longer.

The wording of my PM makes it sound pretty clear I will be dead, not converted or whatever. I guess the PM I got on my first day of being cursed could sound ambigious in the same way H3K says, but not, I'm pretty sure it just means dead and I'll be dead tomorrow if I'm not cured first.

This is from yesterday, so I think he ought to be dead or cured

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    The silence here is speaking volumes. Switching to Erin because I think her and Drez are our most pressing concerns right now.

• MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    A little under 2 hours left!

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Hey all, I'm going to request we tune down the random stealing. A lot of the people that have gotten cursed happened at the same time as attempted thefts. Also, if we are to get the book(s) and key together it's much easier just fighting the mafia, than both the mafia and the village.

This is me also calling that I have found someone to give the key to.

Obviously stealing from locus and maybe Drez and Erin the Red is safer, but there is still the concern about curses. Someone (probably a couple to be safe) should every night but we don't need everyone.

I'm okay following on the erin vote

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Bluecyan is still suspicious.

Too many people are cured randomly that I a OK most believe it now

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    All, I'm sorry, I have been away almost the entire day. I fell asleep pretty quickly last night and just kind of assumed I'd be dead today, plus it was my last day in the office until 2020 with a holiday party right after work.

Apparently I was cured which is very confusing since no one reached out to me before or after vote close. Also just to clear up any confusion, I was definitely on Day 2 of my curse last night, not Day 1. I was pretty sure I'd be dead today and that definitely led to me not paying much attention today, not that I've been doing such a bang up job of paying attention so far anyway. I did, in fact, miss one of H3K's posts last night where he used "GG" instead of Grunt's Ghost and missed it in my analysis/search.

Anyway, for specifics: Yesterday, a bit before 9PM, GG messaged me asking if I wanted to be cured because he was "upset" that Erin the Red basically voted for him after GG pledged to cure her. I didn't see this PM until way later, after I switched my vote from H3K and voted for him. I then tried to salvage the situation (admittedly selfishly, I guess) and messaged GG that I didn't see him PMs until then and that I would switch my vote back since I was suspicious of H3K too anyway and wasn't really leaning toward him and GG anyway. I sent him two PMs, I then switched my vote back to H3K, and then started getting all conspiracy theoryesque about H3K and GG both possibly being mafia.

GG never responded to my PMs at all. I figured he was no longer interested in curing me.

Considering I was cured last night, I can't imagine it was GG even if he was able to (I assume everything he said was a lie). So...I don't know what to say except that I'm still alive today and curse free. Anyone able to shed some light on this?

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    As for my vote, I'm catching up now, and I just don't know. I feel like voting for Erin for being in the same situation as I am in is a bit...cheeky. So I'm going to vote for premium since I've had some doubt about premium for awhile now. Sorry if this isn't helpful but I dunno what to think anymore. Doesn't look like my vote will have much of an impact anyway at this point.

Vote is closed! Day 7 Ended!

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
    Let's just get this all out there:

Locus - Probably immortal. Mafia. Should be mostly ignored unless they're being especially entertaining.
    Auralynx - I didn't like the vote switch onto obi. Voted for me the day after I voted for them, which, I dunno, probably isn't actually suspicious but I'm gonna put it here anyway just because. Fairly active but my read is still more mafia than village right now.
    Austin - Lots of posts, counts votes, reading like... 55% village.
    Bluecyan - Often kinda feels like they're trying to lead the village without actually being confirmed by anything, which sometimes comes off as suspicious. At least they're fairly active and throwing ideas around though.
    Burnage - Wordy posts, on the fence about them but I like their contributions to the thread.
    Drez - Should be dead today unless a cure went their way. Nobody claimed to cure them. Active in spurts, but doesn't feel especially strange compared to what I remember them playing like in the past. Not being active today after not dying is giving me a major m-vibe though.
    Erin - Should be dead today unless a cure went their way. Nobody claimed to cure them. Reasonably active but leaning mafia.
    H3Knuckles - Currently cursed, and should be dead tomorrow unless they are cured. I'm getting a fairly village read today but there's been a few days where I thought they were pretty mafia. I'm content with the fact they might give us their alignment the old fashioned way tonight. (by dying) (from the curse)
    kime - I've seen a couple posts claiming they're quiet this game, but honestly they feel about as active as usual and they're making a few decent points (which is obviously a kime mafia ploy so we drop our guard)
    LostNinja - Reads village to me. Not much more to add.
    premium - Not as active as he should be. Often voting at the end of a day or on the tail end of a bandwagon, which probably comes off as super suspicious. In my defense, I've been fairly quiet in most games recently. Life is really busy lately. Also vote close lines up with my kids bedtime in a way that I end up having an extra couple minutes right at the very end of the day so...

I have something important to say about that, premium.

I invented the term "m-vibe" and I still have not received any royalties, despite my coinage of said term happened 6 years ago in 2013.

55% village

I’ll take it!

edited December 2019
    Day 8: This is only the beginning!

Once it had been discovered that a number of their own were falling prey to the same dark magic that fueled Imhotep, the mob of artifact hunters and Medjai had stretched to the breaking point in trying to contain the curse's spread. The sick tents were razed with their occupants still inside. Anyone showing even mild signs of sickness was quickly cut down where they stood. And in the end... it wasn't enough.

The last, rattling breath of the mummified husk that had once been ERIN THE RED was still fading when the skies above the survivors suddenly blackened. A horde of locusts swept over the dwindling camp, forcing those remaining into whatever shelter could be found. AURALYNX who had been feverishly attempting to open the Book of the Dead, was separated from the mob and overwhelmed by the insects as they began chewing into his flesh.

And in the midst of the storm of death stood Imhotep himself. He had lost much in his bid for immortality, but what of it? He now had an eternity in which to find his Anck-Su-Namun once more. Death was only the beginning for Imhotep... but it would be the end for the world of man.

UNDEAD VICTORY!

The deceased:
    ERIN THE RED -Brutal Force
    AURALYNX -Death by death

MamaWolf on
    edited December 2019
    Host Notes:

So, mafia has had incredible aim this game. They targeted all the people who attempted to cure H3Knuckles, and because H3 was not able to be cure they became undead due to the curse. Thus this now made the Undead outnumber the living, which was their win-con!

Thank you @Green for writing the narrations for me. This was my first game I mechanically ran by myself and I wanted to try new techniques. Some choices I found ended up being rough. I may have gotten a little to power happy and thought it was balanced when it may have been slightly mafia strong. *shrug* Lessons learned? Though with the mafia having such great aim pretty and killing all the specials early on, well it was difficult.

I hope people enjoyed the game anyway. I still have a lot to learn, but I tried.

MamaWolf on
    Drez wrote: »
    I have something important to say about that, premium.

I invented the term "m-vibe" and I still have not received any royalties, despite my coinage of said term happened 6 years ago in 2013.

I only used it in your description, it's clearly being used in a satirical way and falls under fair use.
    55% village

I’ll take it!

54% now, totally mafia post.

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    ... Wow. That escalated quickly. Ouch!

kshu0oba7xnr.png

edited December 2019
    Thanks for hosting the first game I've played in a very long time, @MamaWolf

And yes I was mafia since yesterday. I guess it didn't matter much in the end but I figured saying nothing all day was my best strategy.

I started off village, though.

edit: What I mean is, I was mafia due to conversion, but only on the final day.

Drez on
  • BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Hey guys, I found the secret mafia headquaters, we village sure hate those guys just as much as we like drinking water and having organs. AM I RIGHT?!

http://allwrappedup.freeforums.net/

Bluecyan on
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Comforting to have guessed right what was going on on day 3 I guess?

kshu0oba7xnr.png

Thanks for running the game, I for one enjoyed it.

edited December 2019
    Whenever the mafia board is unlocked I look forward to how hilarious you guys found my question about who'd been cursed.

E: Currently the threads are invisible to guests.

Auralynx on
    kshu0oba7xnr.png

Hi. It was me. I was a zombie. Nobody ever cured me of my curse so I got turned on day four.

I dunno how to feel about the balance of this one. The mafia obviously had a lot of powers, but there was so much information that the village had access to thanks to curses and stealing. The last couple of days felt pretty nail biting even though we were way ahead in terms of dead specials and stolen items (sorry Aura, I did steal your book). At first I felt like it was very mafia skewed but eventually I think it was actually pretty even. One big issue that I saw for the village was that it would actually take three full days to kill locus even when they knew who he was - one night to trade items, one night to make him mortal, one night to actually kill him. That's pretty brutal. Maybe some actions could have been sped up, like the key and the book of the living being used automatically if they were in someone's inventory together (assuming this wasn't what would happen).

It was fun, though, and thank you for hosting @Mamawolf! Sorry to my fellow mafia members for throwing basically all of you under the bus at one point or another.

• JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Guys im really sorry I was a terrible vig. Ill try to remember to post more tomorrow.

For those that want the cliff notes
    Mafia started off:
    Locus - immortal imohtep
    Discrider/Jdark - +1 vote Anck-Su-Namun
    Bluecyan - Roleblock Priest
    Grunt's Ghost - Generic Mummy

We had five total curse jars we could use at most 2 a night.

Night 1 cursed Austin and Burnage, Austin got cured night 2, Burnage turned night 3
    Night 4 we cursed Drez and Erin the Red who both turned Night 6
    Night 5 we cursed H3 who turned Night 7 for victory.

Burnage wrote: »
    Hi. It was me. I was a zombie. Nobody ever cured me of my curse so I got turned on day four.

I dunno how to feel about the balance of this one. The mafia obviously had a lot of powers, but there was so much information that the village had access to thanks to curses and stealing. The last couple of days felt pretty nail biting even though we were way ahead in terms of dead specials and stolen items (sorry Aura, I did steal your book). At first I felt like it was very mafia skewed but eventually I think it was actually pretty even. One big issue that I saw for the village was that it would actually take three full days to kill locus even when they knew who he was - one night to trade items, one night to make him mortal, one night to actually kill him. That's pretty brutal. Maybe some actions could have been sped up, like the key and the book of the living being used automatically if they were in someone's inventory together (assuming this wasn't what would happen).

It was fun, though, and thank you for hosting Mamawolf! Sorry to my fellow mafia members for throwing basically all of you under the bus at one point or another.

The actual likelihood of successfully using a book as a villager was damn near zero, I think.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Ouch, a kill, an immortal, a roleblock, extra votes and potentially up to 5 conversions

Auralynx wrote: »

It was fun, though, and thank you for hosting Mamawolf! Sorry to my fellow mafia members for throwing basically all of you under the bus at one point or another.

The actual likelihood of successfully using a book as a villager was damn near zero, I think.

The more mafia alive meant the more steal attempts we could do, by the end with kill, roleblock and a bunch of steals we could almost make certain nobody could hold onto the items long enough to use them. Had things gone the other way then it would have been difficult to stop the village. I think Trade was underpowered, it should have gone faster than steal or at the least only require one person to do it. Also, maybe an action to prevent steal or at least make it not 100%.

I’m not sure this was village winnable. Conversions plus stealing the items needed to combat it plus role block meant the village had to be perfect in curing in addition to great voting to have a shot.

Yeah. Even if I'd listened to the voice of doubt I don't think there was any winning that after we lost Virgil.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Well, I tried folks. I will admit I got pretty frustrated to keep seeing people saying I was suspicious for guessing wrong one night. How should I have played it differently? Low activity would've also made me suspicious.

Still, always good to see more phalla going. I had originally reserved because I was hosting a PBP game at the time, and honestly felt like I needed a time out after getting so salty last game. But I didn't mind stepping up when Romantic Undead needed to bow out.

It was certainly interesting, @MamaWolf . Thanks for hosting! I'm looking forward to your Ravnica idea.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    The conversions weren't especially strong given that they had a two day warning and once the connection was made between conversions and curses it basically led to an easy list of potential mafia. The combination of stealing and role blocking was definitely a bigger issue.

I’m not sure this was village winnable. Conversions plus stealing the items needed to combat it plus role block meant the village had to be perfect in curing in addition to great voting to have a shot.

Honestly this probably works a lot better if the original mafia can't steal and need the converted to do it. That was just ugly. I'm betting Manawolf expected better in-village info sharing than actually happened, but with the mafia having that many tools to disrupt... Nah.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

edited December 2019
    The conversions weren't especially strong given that they had a two day warning and once the connection was made between conversions and curses it basically led to an easy list of potential mafia. The combination of stealing and role blocking was definitely a bigger issue.

By the time I'd made it, it was way too far gone to save even with perfect voting, because there was essentially no way Locus was ever getting made mortal.

I should really have cut Blue loose and just hit you and Austin up.

Auralynx on
    kshu0oba7xnr.png

Thanks for running @MamaWolf!

It didn't help we found the book of the living, and had a line on both the key and the other book and learned who the bus driver was and got a super lucky kill with the guard, ALL ON NIGHT 1.

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Thanks for running! I had fun :)

Bluecyan wrote: »
    Hey guys, I found the secret mafia headquaters, we village sure hate those guys just as much as we like drinking water and having organs. AM I RIGHT?!

http://allwrappedup.freeforums.net/

A+ mafia board naming, btw.

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited December 2019

It was fun, though, and thank you for hosting @Mamawolf! Sorry to my fellow mafia members for throwing basically all of you under the bus at one point or another.

I think a good fix here would've been to let the key and book holder submit orders to use their items together, instead of having to spend one night getting the items together with one person, and then a second night to activate them.

I think the pieces weren't bad, but it all added up to a lot. Still, Like Blue said, the mafia got super lucky day 1 and that put them way ahead for the whole game.
    Auralynx wrote: »

Honestly this probably works a lot better if the original mafia can't steal and need the converted to do it. That was just ugly. I'm betting Manawolf expected better in-village info sharing than actually happened, but with the mafia having that many tools to disrupt... Nah.

Yeah, losing the village specials so quickly made it real hard to pull together for info sharing. Had that shaken out differently I think it would've been a lot closer.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png