As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Mummy [Phalla] GAME OVER: This is only the beginning! UNDEAD VICTORY!

• Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Thanks for running the game!
    Sorry for not being especially active, life is kinda nuts lately.

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    I didn’t even consider asking if I could guard myself, wah waaah

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    I think if the village had a verified nethead who was actually protected, this game would've gone far worse for the mafia.
    At that point, the nethead gets the books and knows where the cures are, whilst the vanillagers circularly steal from everyone, looking to catch mafia out who are holding onto items for 'safekeeping'.

Then Locus would have died, the village would have a rez, and the mafia have to spurn the game mechanics and rely on vanilla mafia tactics (don't get seen, vote records, etc).

Thanks for hosting @Mamawolf
    And thanks to Jdark for taking over as a frail frame betrayed me :(

Also Obifett was roleblocked N2, the vig N3, and I'm not sure if Obifett got a pm when he was roleblocked N4.

... Not voting for a village special is hardly working with you Obifett

• Options
    Gizzy wrote: »

Who would kill you though Gizzy?

• Options
    discrider wrote: »

Who would kill you though Gizzy?

Youuuuu <3

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    The conversions weren't especially strong given that they had a two day warning and once the connection was made between conversions and curses it basically led to an easy list of potential mafia. The combination of stealing and role blocking was definitely a bigger issue.

Sure, but even if you have a list of the mafia you still need time to vote them out, it dramatically shortens the game in favour of the mafia. A conversion is down a villager up a mafia and is effectively "worth" at least two kills

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    The night I died, I had two cures on me.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Phyphor wrote: »
    The conversions weren't especially strong given that they had a two day warning and once the connection was made between conversions and curses it basically led to an easy list of potential mafia. The combination of stealing and role blocking was definitely a bigger issue.

Sure, but even if you have a list of the mafia you still need time to vote them out, it dramatically shortens the game in favour of the mafia. A conversion is down a villager up a mafia and is effectively "worth" at least two kills

Yeah, but it should have been "Help I'm cursed" in thread, followed by unknown villager using a found cure most times.

Also N1 wasn't a tie vote by my count.
    I had a +1 vote manip.
    And slept through vote close :(

Did you have vote manip @Gizzy ?

discrider on
  • Options
    Nope just guard - and I also wasn’t around at vote close, I was guarding ZH

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    First, thanks for running MamaWolf! I had fun throughout, and I lived to the end which is rare :D

That's always my first question as a guard :P

But anyways, conversions are really rough. It definitely felt like there weren't enough Cures to go around? Not sure how accurate that is, though.

I am at least pleased that my aim was pretty good this game. Knew you were evil, Bluecyan :P

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    So why didn't I die to the vig and waste a day to the vote? Didn't seem to be mafia orders on me and Gizzy was the village guard? Did J4P lie about shooting me? Why did you hate my shiny metal butt so much? Probably just as well, Obi read super evil to me for trying to take over the village. Also Austin read evil to me for not defending me ( I thought we had something there!). Did have Bluecyan pegged as evil though.

Mafia side was too strong. Prohibiting them from stealing and searching would have helped, but 5 conversions is often enough to win a game even without a kill. The village had two kills so could never stabilize against the growing mafia threat even without immune mafia. When J4p died the game could have been called apparently. Village played perfectly after that and still lost!

It would also help if villagers knew the cursing came from an ability and not searching or stealing. Village had very poor information in general. If vote is the only weapon we should know what the vote does. Ties, OOO, etc.

Also good lord people don't tell everyone what your special ability is and what game winning items you are holding!

Sorry for getting cranky when killed I was having fun doing whatever the hell it was I was doing.
    Thank you for running @MamaWolf I look forward to your next game.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    Thanks for running the game, @MamaWolf!

I had fun, even though I always find it very stressful to be mafia. Being unkillable only helped a little bit in this regard. But that's a me problem, not a you problem.

Agreed with others that balance was tilted towards the mafia, which was exacerbated by (1) the mafia killing the guard on Day One, and (2) the mafia learning the identity of the seer, vigilante, and all item holders by the end of Day Two. I tried to warn y'all against sharing too much information!

Now I'm going to go steal some of the ideas from this game and use them for my own nefarious purposes.

• Options
    Locus wrote: »
    Thanks for running the game, MamaWolf!

I had fun, even though I always find it very stressful to be mafia. Being unkillable only helped a little bit in this regard. But that's a me problem, not a you problem.

Agreed with others that balance was tilted towards the mafia, which was exacerbated by (1) the mafia killing the guard on Day One, and (2) the mafia learning the identity of the seer, vigilante, and all item holders by the end of Day Two. I tried to warn y'all against sharing too much information!

Now I'm going to go steal some of the ideas from this game and use them for my own nefarious purposes.

But on the flipside, half the post-game comments are about how the village needed to share and organize more :P

Steam profile
  • Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Also Austin read evil to me for not defending me ( I thought we had something there!).

I was so confused about what was happening. When you messaged me, I was assuming the worst. I'd get healed, but it was going to come with a faction change or something. And then....nothing happened.

If you had just told me it was flavor, I would have behaved very differently. I was letting you get voted off because I thought your whatever was blocked by Kime firing a cure on me the same night, so I was assuming you were some version of evil and it was better if you died.

When you died green, I was so totally confused.

• Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    Locus wrote: »
    Thanks for running the game, MamaWolf!

But on the flipside, half the post-game comments are about how the village needed to share and organize more :P
    The village clearly needed to share more information with the right people, and less information with the wrong people. Simple! :P

• Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Phyphor wrote: »

So why didn't I die to the vig and waste a day to the vote? Didn't seem to be mafia orders on me and Gizzy was the village guard? Did J4P lie about shooting me? Why did you hate my shiny metal butt so much? Probably just as well, Obi read super evil to me for trying to take over the village. Also Austin read evil to me for not defending me ( I thought we had something there!). Did have Bluecyan pegged as evil though.

Mafia side was too strong. Prohibiting them from stealing and searching would have helped, but 5 conversions is often enough to win a game even without a kill. The village had two kills so could never stabilize against the growing mafia threat even without immune mafia. When J4p died the game could have been called apparently. Village played perfectly after that and still lost!

It would also help if villagers knew the cursing came from an ability and not searching or stealing. Village had very poor information in general. If vote is the only weapon we should know what the vote does. Ties, OOO, etc.

Also good lord people don't tell everyone what your special ability is and what game winning items you are holding!

Sorry for getting cranky when killed I was having fun doing whatever the hell it was I was doing.
    Thank you for running @MamaWolf I look forward to your next game.

I had role blocked J4P the day they attacked you. No idea that would save my life the next when J4P revealed that info.

In Austin's defense, they didn't tell me they had the book, it was only knowing where they went and them deliberately not telling me that indicated they had something important.

I think I will be forever confused how I survived till the end.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Ah. And the roleblock didn't notify the target that they were roleblocked I guess. Ouch.
    Bluecyan wrote: »

Too many villains not enough kills.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Ah. And the roleblock didn't notify the target that they were roleblocked I guess. Ouch.

Yeah. Basically, bigger better targets. You were still on my list at least :P

Steam profile
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    kime wrote: »

Yeah. Basically, bigger better targets. You were still on my list at least :P

I never had anyone to share my suspicions of you (and Burnage, after the book was stolen) who I was sure of and lived longer than a day. Rough gane that way.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Did the Village have a seer or guard?

Revealing I was being busdriver was a mistake, my biggest one. But at the time i couldn't really trust Obifett. His first PM to me said he would busdrive me UNLESS I was being guarded, which sounded like he was fishing for info. So if i died i wanted the village to know not to trust him.

I also never really got a network going. I had so much info being thrown at me I had a hard time keeping track of it all.

I never got a roleblock notification so yeah, that wasted a day of votes.

I failed to call my kill on the first day, creating confusion.

I had like, one solid day of trusting Obi and I couldnt do anything with it.

This was my second time being the Vig, the first time I got voted out by the village. Im just back luck I guess.

• Options
    Did the Village have a seer or guard?

Revealing I was being busdriver was a mistake, my biggest one. But at the time i couldn't really trust Obifett. His first PM to me said he would busdrive me UNLESS I was being guarded, which sounded like he was fishing for info. So if i died i wanted the village to know not to trust him.

I also never really got a network going. I had so much info being thrown at me I had a hard time keeping track of it all.

I never got a roleblock notification so yeah, that wasted a day of votes.

I failed to call my kill on the first day, creating confusion.

I had like, one solid day of trusting Obi and I couldnt do anything with it.

This was my second time being the Vig, the first time I got voted out by the village. Im just back luck I guess.

I think you did well overall here. It was a tough game

Steam profile
  • Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    What a game! I still don't get what happened each night but I'll chalk it up to a comedy of errors and confusion. Sorry for jumping on ya so much Obi, but with the info I was seeing none of it made any sense no matter which way I looked at it. When I read your post after I died about having changed your approach to the game in general it really hit home that I was expecting old Obi behaviour, which I definitely wasn't seeing. Time to change up my own perceptions I guess.

Thanks for running this MamaWolf, always a pleasure (no matter how much it hurts my head while actually playing!). One thing though, in the OP you mentioned resurrection mechanics, what were they? I was waiting for people to spring back from the dead, did you mean the conversion mechanics? It really threw me for a loop lol.

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    The village never got a hold of the book/key combo to perform a resurrection

• Options

Yeah that would have been my best guess just based on the movie

Steam profile
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular

Aura supposedly did, he just also told two mafia members about it so we locked him down.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019

Aura supposedly did, he just also told two mafia members about it so we locked him down.

Yeah, I had it the day we lost and was hoping that at worst there was only one mafia out of the three of you, and fewer in general. Not so much; that's as comprehensively dead as I've ever been in one of these.

Auralynx on
    kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options

I'm not sure if Obifett figured it out N4 when J4P died, or if that was the first night that being roleblocked had a PM.

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Couldn't have happened to a nicer village.

I poured my heart out to you!
    And you stabbed it in front of me.

For what it's worth I told not a lie the whole game day I was alive.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options

So, I'm not sure if we could have rezzed you.
    If Jdark had not died with the book of the dead and the key, we would have tried.

• Options

No. Bad. Wrong. One person stabbed you and you took it out on everyone.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular

Sir Fab, i want you to know it pained me to kill you.

Did you actually also target my target on night one?

• Options

Neutrals aren't allowed to be vindictive to the faction that offs them now?
    JfP was village and single-handedly prevented me from winning.
    Therefore, I was biased against the village this game.
    Makes sense to me.

Yeah I shot at Wildcat night 1.

• Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular

Makes sense to me.

:?

• Options

If Jdark had not died with the book of the dead and the key, we would have tried.

Without knowing how the resurrections work, this sounds like a bad call.
    Why would the village res me over a confirmed villager?
    No way I could put my hope in the village misplaying like that in order to have a second shot.

• Options

Makes sense to me.

Did you try to shoot anyone the night you were offed?
    I suggested that Locus should ask you to shoot Obifett for his logic, because revenge!
    Also it would have gotten me out of the problem I had with Obifett's reveal.
    But mostly revenge.

• Options
    Nope, I was going to keep my word.
    I didn't plan on shooting anyone after my reveal.

• Options

No way I could put my hope in the village misplaying like that in order to have a second shot.

Sure, but I was mafia, so we wanted to get rid of the rez :P

• Options

Sure, but I was mafia, so we wanted to get rid of the rez :P

Oh. That makes more sense!

• Options
    The best bit there was Obifett coming out with 'we need to kill Sir Fab in case he decides to end the game early for the mafia' just after Sir Fab was talking with Locus about how he could end the game early for the mafia