As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

everyone's back at their [job] and it's THE WORST

3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheeseRegistered User regular
edited January 2020 in Social Entropy++
or I hope it is, sorry if you're still working folks

3cl1ps3 on

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I have a shitty cold right now and I’m wondering if I’ll be able to make it into work tomorrow or not

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Damn damn damn damn.

I think something from the holiday party last night has ruined my guts. I have been barfing and engaging in other toilet activities for the past hour. I'm calling in sick as the only manager and one of the only two librarians on duty two days before a holiday.

There is absolutely no possibility of me not going to work tomorrow, there's nobody there. I absolutely need to get my intestines right with God. Is Pepto Bismol still a thing, or is that one of those hydrogen peroxide situations that only make matters worse?

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Pepto Bismol is a thing. Also live culture yogurt can help settle your guts when they're a-roilin', I've found.

• ThegreatcowThegreatcow Lord of All Bacons Washington State - It's Wet up here innit? Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Damn damn damn damn.

I think something from the holiday party last night has ruined my guts. I have been barfing and engaging in other toilet activities for the past hour. I'm calling in sick as the only manager and one of the only two librarians on duty two days before a holiday.

There is absolutely no possibility of me not going to work tomorrow, there's nobody there. I absolutely need to get my intestines right with God. Is Pepto Bismol still a thing, or is that one of those hydrogen peroxide situations that only make matters worse?

If you’re still actively expelling things out both ends you may need immodium AD to settle things down. Pepto works mainly if you’re barfing or have acid indigestion. Also load up on electrolyte sports drinks and crackers for at least the next 48 hours to ensure you’re not getting totally dehydrated too.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    The only cautionary thing I'd say about immodium is that it can end up locking you up for days and causing problems in the other direction, so use it as a last resort.

Sports drinks is pro advice. When I was having a gastric fire sale last year, a 50/50 mix of gatorade and pedialyte kept me going.

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Thursday is my five year anniversary here.

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Guides in SA told me that drinking an infusion made from zebra dung is a good way to sort your guts out. So you know, there's an option.

• QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Wife's store was supposed to get 100k worth of product on Monday to sell.

Except now they aren't. So they'll have nothing new to add two days before Christmas.

Yayyyyyyyyy.

• Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    The only cautionary thing I'd say about immodium is that it can end up locking you up for days and causing problems in the other direction, so use it as a last resort.

Sports drinks is pro advice. When I was having a gastric fire sale last year, a 50/50 mix of gatorade and pedialyte kept me going.

Did you actively mix them, or like took turns?
    Curious how that tasted, which I realize is not the point of medicine.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Guides in SA told me that drinking an infusion made from zebra dung is a good way to sort your guts out. So you know, there's an option.

I think they may have been taking the (zebra) piss.

• PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Immodium makes your guts feel super-weird!

Did you actively mix them, or like took turns?
    Curious how that tasted, which I realize is not the point of medicine.

Mixed them together - pedialyte straight is pretty vile, it's quite viscous and salty.

• KadithKadith Registered User regular
    what's a vacation?

zkHcp.jpg
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Kadith wrote: »
    what's a vacation?

ULTRA FRIDAX
    </killerinstinct>

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular

Okay, I got a guy who can get me okapi dung. Is that like half as good, or just nothing?

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I think okapi are ruminants so it might not work the same, zebras are hindgut fermenters so they'll have different gut flora, which I assume is what has the desired antipoopchaos effect.

• TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Tomorrow is my last normal work day in 2019. Then Christmas Eve we have a work breakfast and entertainment and games and such but I'll try to sneak out some time after breakfast. Then it's holidays until January 6th 8-)

It goes without saying but I am extremely looking forward to time off.

• CalicaCalica Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Damn damn damn damn.

Uh. Are you sure it's food poisoning? Because closing the library is probably definitely a better option than interacting with the public while fighting norovirus.

Especially right before Christmas, when people are traveling.

• LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    My desk mate who I've sat next to since day one and have worked on lots of projects with and am good friends with will be leaving, I found out by accident and no one else knows apart from the most high up.

It kind of sucks massively! Apparently he was offered a very good salary. I can't help think where he's going to won't be the best decision, and change isn't easy, but it is what it is.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    It must be odd to get the holidays off. There was a sarcastic comment I heard from one of the people my father played baseball with "I fought a war so the banks could have a day off" I really did not see his side until much later
    Still I feel I am going to see if I can borrow 10 from someone tonight so I can get my id

• RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Two minions arrive to work late, yet one gets the bigger workload done.

• SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    Payday tomorrow! Wonder how much I'll get paid this time.

Still no communication about how much I owe from last month and how they want me to pay it back....

• thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Two minions arrive to work late, yet one gets the bigger workload done.

Give all the credit to the other minion because they're obviously the smarter one getting the first minion to do their work. 🤔🙃

(I’m making a joke to be clear).

• MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    I think okapi are ruminants so it might not work the same, zebras are hindgut fermenters so they'll have different gut flora, which I assume is what has the desired antipoopchaos effect.

I am definitely mentioning zebra dung as an alternative next time someone at work gets a runny gut.

In other news, I'm apparently tired enough that I walked into a wall on the way out today. And stumbled in whatever the thing at the bottom of doors is called on the way into the wardrobe. So I'm happy I have tomorrow off, or it the day would be a bit of an adventure.

At least I'll have vacation in January. Sometime.

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    So there's a 2nd person at my job, this time a coworker, that is kind of bugging me a bit, mainly because he acts like he's another boss, but only when it comes to clients he works with closely ("his babies" as the secretary calls it). But listen, bud, if my boss, and your boss, the owner of the business, tells me to do something, I am going to do it, regardless of what you want me to do when it comes to X client. You have a problem with it I think you know who you can take it up with.

But I've also told secretary (and will tell dispatcher when he returns from vacay) not to give me any of the tickets from that client if they can help it so I don't have to put up with the guy's condescending bullshit.

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    So folks, my high school puts on a big charity event for special education in the form of a basketball game.

I have been recruited to play in this basketball game with some other teachers.

Our opponents? A team of cops.

So now I have to spend January getting in shape because, and I can't stress this enough, I am so bad at basketball.

IN SUMMARY:
    giphy.gif

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    So folks, my high school puts on a big charity event for special education in the form of a basketball game.

So now I have to spend January getting in shape because, and I can't stress this enough, I am so bad at basketball.

IN SUMMARY:
    giphy.gif

Start sending complimentary boxes of donuts to the station. You got enough time to put 10lbs on each of those cops.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    or I hope it is, sorry if you're still working folks

I'm in a weird quasi-vacation state. This was going to be vacation, but because I had to jet to somewhere ELSE for hospital visits, etc, I've been "working" remotely. Got some shit done, but most days it's fielding email and nothing more. My boss and I are just going to hash out how many vacation days I'm carrying over to next year when I get back. Thankfully, we're kinda-sorta in the first real lull in things for me to do in....over a year? So if it had to happen, now was the time.

• PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Of course my flight for christmas would be the first flight I've ever missed.

• thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »

News is making the case that the entire North America continent's flight paths are FUBAR (something like 4000 flights cancelled?). So if it wasn't missed, there was a high probability that it would have been one of the ones cancelled.

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    My family has finally converted almost entirely to Amtrak (because we're spread out between DC, Philly, and NYC, this is actually perfect) and honestly I ain't looking back - I'll gladly eat the raised price to guarantee a certain arrival time w/o any hassle. The bus is jam-packed, awful, and completely dependent on traffic to be a good deal, and getting on a plane on schedule in the Northeast at any point between November and March is a risky proposition...

That being said I took New Year's week off from work and I'm gonna fly outta EWR so go ahead and prove me wrong God

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
    Eddy wrote: »
    My family has finally converted almost entirely to Amtrak (because we're spread out between DC, Philly, and NYC, this is actually perfect) and honestly I ain't looking back - I'll gladly eat the raised price to guarantee a certain arrival time w/o any hassle. The bus is jam-packed, awful, and completely dependent on traffic to be a good deal, and getting on a plane on schedule in the Northeast at any point between November and March is a risky proposition...

That being said I took New Year's week off from work and I'm gonna fly outta EWR so go ahead and prove me wrong God

At least, if you do get stuck, EWR is a p. good Airport to get stuck-in; plenty of available seating, and ipads to order overpriced food delivered directly to your waiting area seat.

• PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »

News is making the case that the entire North America continent's flight paths are FUBAR (something like 4000 flights cancelled?). So if it wasn't missed, there was a high probability that it would have been one of the ones cancelled.

Every single flight leaving montreal today left, including the flight I would have been on.

I was able to get to the airport at that exceedingly annoying time where I was early enough to be able to get on the plane myself, but late enough by about fifteen minutes that they refused to take my bag.

Kinda important to have the bag for christmas trip.

• TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Anyone else bummed out that we didn't get the last thread to 110 pages?

In job related news I will have Christmas Eve and Christmas Day off this year because it lined up with my days off. I will not next year but that is an issue for Future Turkson and we don't like that guy.

Don't weep for me too much. I'm getting like 32 hours OT pay and a couple of holiday paydays for not much work or stress.

oh h*ck
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I was kind of shocked it went over a 100 as I thought Geth or one of the unseen bots locks and recycles the threads when they get to 100
    But yeah though I hear revving engines and people yelling I barely have the energy to go ask for some cash to get my id from someone who might do it

I did tell my brother I will remember this in a kindly worded email . When I get back on my feet again I will remember this

• CelloCello Registered User regular
    Whoof, the thought of going into work tomorrow is ranking pretty highly on the soul crushing scale

At least I've only got a day and (hopefully, assuming we get let out early on Christmas Eve) a half and then I'll be taking several days off

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I have the next three days off, then I work from home, then I have another five day weekend. I will obviously have my work phone with me and I do have to log in first thing tomorrow to apply some charges to an invoice but other than that I got two five day weekends in a row.

I also confirmed I'm definitely going to San Diego in a few weeks for a conference so I'm starting to get a bit excited. Once the smoke settles from the holiday I'll probably have to make sure my wardrobe is ready for a three day shmoozefest.

• HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    Guess who got to clean up the big, steamy shit a service-dog-in-training left on the carpet in the Christmas Gift section!

This guy!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

vEaRQgH.png
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Closest bridge over the ship canal was busted today. My gym is on the other side of the bridge. All I wanted to do today was cardio, and I was stubborn about it, so yeah traffic down to the next bridge, across & around, actual time spent at the gym, and trip back? Two and a half hours for what normally takes about forty minutes.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »

IN SUMMARY:
    giphy.gif

Elbows out!

This discussion has been closed.