As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

everyone's back at their [job] and it's THE WORST

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    So do I dare go out in freezing weather to ask for $10 from someone or do I just suffer?

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Before this thread gets locked for the holiday, have you given anyone here your contact information?

Before this thread gets locked for the holiday, have you given anyone here your contact information?

Yes but this is where I found out you need a vaild id to get the money via western union

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Do you have a PayPal linked with a checking account? We can transfer and you can withdraw, I think.

Jragghen wrote: »
    Do you have a PayPal linked with a checking account? We can transfer and you can withdraw, I think.

Yes I did so much business on Ebay they upgraded my paypal to business status

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »

then quit faffing about and let us help you

So who do I just Puppy Mill?

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Hooray no work for the next three days.

Boo it's Christmas Eve tomorrow and I still need to buy gifts for three people.

• QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Today I am going to go to the gym, check my email, probably leave an hour after that.

• TayaTaya Registered User regular
    There's supposed to be a snow storm tomorrow so everyone is wondering if they won't open the building, especially since no one will be doing any actual work. Otherwise I will have to go in for breakfast and then leave at around 10:00.

I walked in to the locker room to see a guy with one leg up on the counter blow drying his junk.

I was not prepared for this morning.

• astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    Ahh. Good old retail management, where you can wake up deathly ill and best case scenario, you get to leave maybe an hour or two early.

Oh, and I also broke my toe yesterday stubbing it for maximum holiday cheer.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Library thread: in the café of the library there is an older man teaching a younger man how to read speak English and it's so pure and lovely to see how patient he's being and how determined the younger guy is. Good for them!

• LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    "your learning comes from your trying and you can only try your best"

What a lovely man.

• RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    I have tried to leave the building and twice I had forgotten something important

• TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Ugh our Christmas Eve breakfast was supposed to start 8:30 tomorrow morning but it has been postponed until 9:45 due to impending weather. I was hoping to leave by 10:00.

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular

If someone hasn't stepped up already, Party Man is me

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I guess I'm Pimp Mobile?

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    I walked in to the locker room to see a guy with one leg up on the counter blow drying his junk.

Really missing the WITNESS ME reaction right now

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Other SSA showed up today so guess I'm not getting trained on his stuff. It's also raining so once more people start getting in I predict a lot of calls about leaking because the Carpentry shop is averse to doing work

• KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Ah it's the weekdays before Christmas where no one is in and there is fuck all work to do.

Even with the vast majority of people out and a skeleton staff covering.

God bless the IT change freeze.

I call these days "hammer out ALL THE TRAINING courses" days.

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular

There's always one. Either blow drying their junk, or naked in the middle of the room slathering themselves down with oil like it's the colosseum or some shit.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Thankfully my cold has mostly dissipated this morning. It's still THERE but not as much sinus pressure, etc

Granted part of that could be that I immediately took a sudafed as soon as I woke up, but hey, I didn't have to call in sick today.

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

I've not seen that in my current gym.

I used to see pretty damn often in my previous, much fancier, gym

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • stopgapstopgap Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

I've not seen that in my current gym.

I used to see pretty damn often in my previous, much fancier, gym

I feel like it tends to be old dudes that do this. Which adds a certain level of shock to the experience.

steam_sig.png
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Also I'm foregoing coffee for tea this morning, and we'll see how long it is before I get a caffiene headache.

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Hmm....I have very little work to do today and basically zero supervision. Boredom is creeping in quickly.

I wonder how long folks are actually going to stay in the office today.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Thankfully my cold has mostly dissipated this morning. It's still THERE but not as much sinus pressure, etc

Granted part of that could be that I immediately took a sudafed as soon as I woke up, but hey, I didn't have to call in sick today.

The worst, and newest part, for me with the cold I received this year was I lost my sense of smell, and it still hasn't fully returned - the non-obvious impact is that I cannot taste any food. Kind of a bummer with delicious food basically being everywhere in this time of year (first world problems, I know).

Like, I can breathe easily, the sinus pressure isn't really there. Just. Can't. Smell. (or Taste).

Home before noon. Unexpected genitalia aside, I'd call today a success.

• JansonJanson Registered User regular
    So if you text your boss ‘hey, I’m planning on working from home this morning but I can come in if you need me to’

And they replied ‘sounds good’ that isn’t a request to come in, right?

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    correct response, but also Janson you're way too nice. 'hey, i'll be working from home this morning' is the entirety of that message

with maybe an additional 'k byeee'

Houk the Namebringer on
  • PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »

If someone hasn't stepped up already, Party Man is me

There's a magazine in Germany called PM which is short for "Peter Moosleitner's Interesting Magazine"

I always thought the full version was a neat thing to name your magazine

Moriveth wrote: »

The worst, and newest part, for me with the cold I received this year was I lost my sense of smell, and it still hasn't fully returned - the non-obvious impact is that I cannot taste any food. Kind of a bummer with delicious food basically being everywhere in this time of year (first world problems, I know).

Like, I can breathe easily, the sinus pressure isn't really there. Just. Can't. Smell. (or Taste).

Yikes, that blows. Hopefully that comes back soon!

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular

The unexpected genitalia aside is my least favorite literary device. It's why I gave up on reading William S. Burroughs.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    I found an open source civilization clone to play on my phone, so that's about the level of productivity we're at here today.

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Jedoc wrote: »

The unexpected genitalia aside is my least favorite literary device. It's why I gave up on reading William S. Burroughs.

And John Updike.

Wait the cleaning lady is coming today.

Why even get home early if I just have to stay fully clothed.

There were multiple times this morning on my commute in that I considered just turning around and going home.

Like, get to the train parking? Maybe I should turn around.

Walking to the train station? Maybe I should turn around.

On the train? I should get off at the next stop and turn around and go home.

At the front door of my office building? Maaaaybe I should go home instead?

Anyway, I'm glad I made it in. Today's looking to be relatively quiet overall.

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Being here today is dumb. Half the departments/outside vendors I have to deal with are off until Thursday.

This discussion has been closed.