As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - Welcome To The Strife Zone

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited December 2019 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Welcome To The Strife Zone

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Anon von ZilchAnon von Zilch Registered User regular
    I still think Pestilence and Famine would've made for cool characters.

• dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    I just can't relate to these apocalyptic horsemen. I want some "everyday apocalypse" horsemen: Boredom, Anxiety, Parenthood, and Waiting To See Which Person Will Break Down And Load The Dishwasher First.

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Waiting To See Which Person Will Break Down And Load The Dishwasher First did ride upon a colorful steed.
    Woe to any creature who heard the thunder of its hooves and the vaguely lemon scent that came before this mighty beast known as Cascade.

MichaelLC on
  • Chris FOMChris FOM Registered User regular
    Select the pistol, and then, select your horse.

• mflorianmflorian Registered User regular
    From the news page: "...ability enhancing orbs that you slot on an FF7 style Sphere Grid"

FF7?

• PohtHehdPohtHehd Registered User regular
    No. When a thief steals something valuable then he does covet it.
    It reminds me of older stories without proper conclusions which are misconstrued as something else. Let the wind warm.
    But, in low times even the hungry wolf will attack the master who expects no assault and is wounded for it.
    The thief then spies upon the man and sees his grief and says "It was all in show to insult you before but now I do hand back which I stole."
    For the thief was a grocer, by day, and so was the man.
    "Why?" said the man as they approached the gallows
    "I loved." the thief replied
    and he was no more.

the end

• Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    mflorian wrote: »
    From the news page: "...ability enhancing orbs that you slot on an FF7 style Sphere Grid"

FF7?
    Yeah, he's getting FF7 and FF10 mixed up.

|Ko-Fi Me! ☕😎|NH844lc.png | PSN | chi-logo-only-favicon.png(C.H.I) Ltd. |🏳️⚧️♥️
  • InvertinInvertin Registered User regular
    I still think Pestilence and Famine would've made for cool characters.

They sure would, but not Darksiders cool. Darksiders cool is the shit 8 year old boys draw in the margins of their book while they're supposed to be learning math. Pestilence? Famine? Nobody's got time for those long words that don't have any Ks or Xs in them, fuck that. This is STRIFE. He has TWO GUNS and a HUGE PENIS.

• Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    His best pair of guns should be called Pestilence and Famine. I think that would be a cool nod to the original horsemans.

Also Fury should've been named Conquest it's so perfect and obvious its even better what with the dominatrix aspect and the whip and all come on guys.

H9f4bVe.png
  • dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    His best pair of guns should be called Pestilence and Famine.

I disagree. I think Strife's guns should be named Thanksgiving and Christmas. And his steed shall be Facebook.

dennis on
  • V1mV1m Registered User regular
    Obviously his animal sidekick would be a vulture called Twitter