As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFXIV]: Shadowguys: 5.4 December 8th

• QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    So how about that Castrum Meridanum wait

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Au'ra
    Quid wrote: »
    So how about that Castrum Meridanum wait

Is it bad atm? Usually people are running the roulette with that on it for the giant XP bonus.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    I finished the first game's storyline.

Never have I been subjected to so many cutscenes.

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Au'ra
    I finished the first game's storyline.

Never have I been subjected to so many cutscenes.

Yeah, the devs have admitted it's a problem and are actually reworking the entire storyline for the base game to make it not so oppressively long, but the changes won't come until sometime in 2020.

Donnicton on
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Roegadyn
    the finale cutscenes will probably stay the same, though

everything that happens in them is important

they're just looking to trim down the amount of unnecessary ping-ponging between two npcs, when a single conversation would suffice, that tends to happen in 2.0 quests

TheySlashThem on
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    I have to figure they're going to do something with the two end raids as well. They've been such a problem for so long.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • jammujammu 2020 is now. Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    the finale cutscenes will probably stay the same, though

everything that happens in them is important

they're just looking to trim down the amount of unnecessary ping-ponging between two npcs, when a single conversation would suffice, that tends to happen in 2.0 quests

Just adding an Aetherite to the Waking sands would cut the length of 2.0 by 1/4th or so.

Ww8FAMg.jpg
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Do people just not queue for the level 60/70 raids? I want to get them done just to see them, but things aren't looking good.

Roegadyn
    people deliberately equip lower level gear to get easier content when doing roulettes, SE really needs to address it

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    The newer raids are better, though.

14 definitely has the same basic trajectory as WoW where encounter design tends to grow a lot between expansions.

edited December 2019
    Roegadyn
    they're better, but people are lazy and you can basically faceroll through the arr raids now

the later raids require things like mechanics, and doing your rotation, and not afking in the middle of a boss to go to the bathroom, and many players don't want that

TheySlashThem on
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Miqo'te
    they're better, but people are lazy and you can basically faceroll through the arr raids now

the later raids require things like mechanics, and doing your rotation, and not afking in the middle of a boss to go to the bathroom, and many players don't want that

cowards, true gamers would just piss themselves

Crippl3 on
  • simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    Lalafell
    Even without dps meters you can tell in later raids when people are just sleepwalking through

The boss will take forever to die

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Echo wrote: »
    Do people just not queue for the level 60/70 raids? I want to get them done just to see them, but things aren't looking good.

I managed to do all the 60 raids by sitting in queues while going through the MSQ. I pretty much gave up on the 70 raid after sitting in one queue for 90 minutes.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Viera
    Yeah the only advice I have is pretty unhelpful, which is that healers are God's special children who get to decide where the alliance raid roulette players get funneled to

BahamutZERO.gif
    Miqo'te
    Until you open Alliance roulette and see a bonus reward for DPS and your understanding of the universe is shattered.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    simulacrum wrote: »
    Even without dps meters you can tell in later raids when people are just sleepwalking through

The boss will take forever to die

i did an Akademia run the other day where i could Divination multiple times on trash packs and it was physically painful

liEt3nH.png
  • ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    Your best bet to see Alex/omega is to queue as a healer or tank or queue with a healer or tank, and even then it’s a long queue because there’s no real reason to run them and they’re only in normal raid roulette which has a bad reward so people don’t do it

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
    Miqo'te
    I didn't actually have that much trouble getting through Alexander and Omega as DPS. Maybe 15-30 minute queues each, but usually if I got into one it would chain into the next in less time.

Viera
    admanb wrote: »
    Until you open Alliance roulette and see a bonus reward for DPS and your understanding of the universe is shattered.

and then you try to queue for it and the queue's even longer than usual because everyone already saw it and hopped on their DPS job that they're leveling and the role in need thing only updates periodically :rotate:

BahamutZERO.gif
    Au'ra
    Zay wrote: »
    Your best bet to see Alex/omega is to queue as a healer or tank or queue with a healer or tank, and even then it’s a long queue because there’s no real reason to run them and they’re only in normal raid roulette which has a bad reward so people don’t do it

Really SE should be bumping those bad rewards up a bit I think.

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    I have a sneaking suspicion that we'll see some 2.0 reworks that may make the MSQ roulette redundant, and re-balance the other rewards as appropriate.

Au'ra
    Javen wrote: »
    I have a sneaking suspicion that we'll see some 2.0 reworks that may make the MSQ roulette redundant, and re-balance the other rewards as appropriate.

You could rework both of the MSQ roulette dungeons to be normal 4-man runs pretty easily I think. Just scale HP for it and make the hands in the Juvia fight not pop to any damage (or reduce the adds) and you're basically done.

• AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    My problem is that I can't remember all the fucking mechanics of those older raids and unless they're simple enough to play by ear I will just die a lot and cause wipes. So I don't queue for content I'm no longer familiar with. Sorry y'all, this game has too many weird bosses that require a quick guide for me to tank properly.

Au'ra
    Aldo wrote: »
    My problem is that I can't remember all the fucking mechanics of those older raids and unless they're simple enough to play by ear I will just die a lot and cause wipes. So I don't queue for content I'm no longer familiar with. Sorry y'all, this game has too many weird bosses that require a quick guide for me to tank properly.

True. I barely trusted pugs for O11 when it was current. God help me if I'm going to risk a roulette throwing me in there.

• ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    I do think they’ll rework castrum / prae but it’s not as easy as “oh just make it a 4 man”. There’s tons of cutscenes before each boss fight they’d probably want to keep. Even the obvious thing of making ultima weapon a trial... Ultima is currently 2 different fights, and then there’s Lahabrea after it. Idk what the solution is going to be

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
    Miqo'te
    I think Castrum could be a dungeon with a post-dungeon cutscene. All you really get out of that is Livia ranting. Prae is a bit trickier -- probably a solo duty with Ultima as a Trial.

• SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    They could rework it to make it just 30 minutes of consecutive cutscenes that can be watched solo.

Viera
    they have technically actually 2 fight trials occasionally like innocence and etc.

BahamutZERO.gif
    Roegadyn
    they have technically actually 2 fight trials occasionally like innocence and etc.

Only problem there being the cutscene between ultima fights is kinda long.

X22wmuF.jpg
    Miqo'te
    Assuming they're doing a full re-design I don't think there's much in the content of those cutscenes that couldn't be cut or moved elsewhere. None of it was necessary or expository, it was just there to make the fights feel more epic.

Roegadyn
    So, I had a couple fantazias lying around I got for free over the years, and I let people vote one what I should change to till 5.2 comes out and, well,

X22wmuF.jpg
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Those final two 1.0 raids basically put me off the game for MONTHS afterward they were such a terrible experience compared to everything up to that point

• WheatBun01WheatBun01 Face It, Tiger Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    I've finished the MSQ and I've been going back and doing the normals for each raid, since I'd never seen any and man unlocking aether currents is about the least fun thing I've done in this game. I did it to get Alexander but now I'm trying to get them all in the Sea of Clouds for the HW Alliance Raid and I might just ... come back to this one later, this is boring as hell.

Good fucking God I just want to get to Mor Dhona for the astrologer job why is there so much talking and questing before I get there.

• AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    people deliberately equip lower level gear to get easier content when doing roulettes, SE really needs to address it

That is so silly, had no idea that this was something players did.

Roegadyn
    IS THAT WHY IVE DONE AMDAPOOR KEEP LIKE 10 FUCKIN TIMES IN THE LAST TWO WEEKS?!

X22wmuF.jpg
    edited December 2019
    Viera
    Good fucking God I just want to get to Mor Dhona for the astrologer job why is there so much talking and questing before I get there.

Do you mean Ishgard? AST, DRK and MCH are in Ishgard. Yes it is annoying that you can't get them way earlier in the story. At least they learned from that and made the other expansion jobs obtainable in ARR accessible spots, and start at a reasonable level instead of 30.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
This discussion has been closed.