As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Christmas

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited December 2019 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Christmas

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    Anon von ZilchAnon von Zilch Registered User regular
    Whew, good to know.

• Options
    Johnny17Johnny17 Registered User regular
    I don't know what people have against ivory towers. They provide an excellent view.

• Options
    Jgr9Jgr9 Registered User regular
    Unbiased Confirmation. The Disney Way.

• Options
    ZomagicZomagic Registered User regular
    Finally! I'm so happy that someone else thinks it's

• Options
    KredKred Registered User regular
    There was never going to be a new trilogy that pleased every level of SW fandom. What's amazing is how Disney managed to piss ALL of them off at once.

Like, I'm not even mad, that's impressive. I had very low expectations and they missed that mark by a good bit. Oh well, at least we have the original films. Sort of.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I think that middle panel has some mileage in it as an image macro.

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    This is probably my favorite Christmas strip they've ever done. I'm sure that's a mark of quality, and not becausee my increasingly lossy memory can't actually recall any of the others.

The punch is truly sublime.

dennis on
  • Options
    MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular
    Seems a bit presumptuous to say that that all the various types of fans are pissed off. That's certainly not the impression I've been getting from my various social media feeds.

"It's just as I've always said. We are being digested by an amoral universe."

-Tycho Brahe
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    This might be my favorite comic.
    MarcinMN wrote: »
    Seems a bit presumptuous to say that that all the various types of fans are pissed off. That's certainly not the impression I've been getting from my various social media feeds.

It seems like a comic targeted at the most shrill and hateful of fans. The kind of people who act like it is fundamentally immoral and wrong to disagree with them. The beauty of this comic is that it works for any type of fan - does Tycho like the movie? Does he hate it? You can't know - he never says which it is in the comic.

Doesn't even have to be Star Wars related. Take out 'Star Wars' and put in any franchise. Any media. Any hobby. Sports. Politics. Religion. There are extreme adherents for everything - this comic speaks to all of them, about anything, or everything.

See earlier, re. this might be my favorite comic.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    What about spiteful lovers? I haven't seen it and it's probably my favorite SW movie, specifically for whatever reason others hate it so rabidly.

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    I saw the movie, and I find it hard to have an incredibly firm opinion one way or the other. I mean, yeah, it had problems. But I just can't find a good reason to hate it.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Most of my strongest negative opinions about it are related to the trilogy as a whole and how there wasn't really a guiding force keeping it unified.

steam_sig.png