As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

CF Phalla Signup List

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    As I when back and reread my Nightmare Before Christmas game, I got that spark to make a new game.

So maybe after the Christmas break is over, I'll have Trolls: The Great Freeze Tag Phalla done.

Trolls: Act ually Pokeph all aThree?

• Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    As I when back and reread my Nightmare Before Christmas game, I got that spark to make a new game.

So maybe after the Christmas break is over, I'll have Trolls: The Great Freeze Tag Phalla done.

I don't have the stuff to do the Pokephalla.

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019

I don't have the stuff to do the Pokephalla.

You don't want the stuff to do the Pokephalla. Trust me. The sheer volume of stuff to track was stupid, even with lots of it being automated (battles, status PMs, trades, discovery, etc.)

I want to get a website up for the next time I run it. And I think about that probably more than you all would imagine

ObiFett on
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    My mistake, I thought GG had run the previous ones

• Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    My mistake, I thought GG had run the previous ones

No, I tried to run a Pokemon RPG game here years ago. Not a Phalla.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    No games all year?

That's lunacy!

See what I did there?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Okay I know I say this a lot. But I do want to run a phalla soon.

I haven't had a full-time job in a while, so my promise to run the Fire Emblem Phalla once that happens is not broken.

That said, I have written out the rules for a simpler, more low-key tournament style Phalla.
    If someone wants to make sure I haven't missed something glaringly broken, you can PM and I'll forward the host documents to you.

If not, I'll run it without any attempt at balancing shortly after Lunacy is done. This is a Sir Fab pinky promise.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
    edited February 2020
    It's been

One week since the invitation arrived, but you've been training for years. The premiere martial arts tournament, the Hard as a Rock Competition is once again seeking to determine the greatest fighters of this generation.

Will you prove an unshakeable mountain? Or will your discipline crumble to sand under the fierce blows of your adversaries?

What's all this then?
    This is an experimental, Phalla-like tournament game where you will create a fighter and engage in a free-for-all fighting competition with the hope of coming out on top and becoming Hard as a Rock!

Phalla-like?
    The game features a voting mechanic, and I believe it incentivizes some degree of social networking ability. You will start off uninformed and your chances of winning are increased by gaining insight into your competitors.

Unlike traditional Phalla games, there is no informed minority forming an opposing faction. Each fighter will win or lose based on individual choice. That said, I believe the system to be flexible enough to allow for alternative win conditions in the future. If the format proves fun or potentially fun with slight tweaks, I might explore such options in the future.

So how do I win?
    Your success in the tournament is represented by Power Points (PP). You earn PP by
    1. Landing a knockout blow on another fighter.
    2. Not getting knocked out by another fighter, including Bonus Points for the last 3 surviving players.
    3. Accurately determining the fighting styles of other fighters (as scored by a questionnaire after the conclusion of the tournament).

REMEMBER, IF YOU TRULY WANT TO BE HARD AS A ROCK, YOU'VE GOT TO FOCUS ON RAISING YOUR PP

This seems like there is a bit of math involved. Have you done any calculations or projections or really balanced the game in any way, shape, or form?
    Signups will go up next week! After the signup period, the game will begin with a Day 0 where you will create your fighter.

Sir Fabulous on

• MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    It's been

One week since the invitation arrived, but you've been training for years. The premiere martial arts tournament, the Hard as a Rock Competition is once again seeking to determine the greatest fighters of this generation.

Will you prove an unshakeable mountain? Or will your discipline crumble to sand under the fierce blows of your adversaries?

What's all this then?
    This is an experimental, Phalla-like tournament game where you will create a fighter and engage in a free-for-all fighting competition with the hope of coming out on top and becoming Hard as a Rock!

Phalla-like?
    The game features a voting mechanic, and I believe it incentivizes some degree of social networking ability. You will start off uninformed and your chances of winning are increased by gaining insight into your competitors.

Unlike traditional Phalla games, there is no informed minority forming an opposing faction. Each fighter will win or lose based on individual choice. That said, I believe the system to be flexible enough to allow for alternative win conditions in the future. If the format proves fun or potentially fun with slight tweaks, I might explore such options in the future.

So how do I win?
    Your success in the tournament is represented by Power Points (PP). You earn PP by
    2. Not getting knocked out by another fighter, including Bonus Points for the last 3 surviving players.
    3. Accurately determining the fighting styles of other fighters (as scored by a questionnaire after the conclusion of the tournament).

REMEMBER, IF YOU TRULY WANT TO BE HARD AS A ROCK, YOU'VE GOT TO FOCUS ON RAISING YOUR PP

This seems like there is a bit of math involved. Have you done any calculations or projections or really balanced the game in any way, shape, or form?
    Signups will go up next week! After the signup period, the game will begin with a Day 0 where you will create your fighter.
    How would one make a fighter?

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    What is a fighter?
    A miserable pile of PP!
    But enough talk vote at you!

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

MamaWolf wrote: »
    It's been

What's all this then?

Phalla-like?

So how do I win?

How would one make a fighter?

Think about how you'd make a lover, then do the opposite.
    In all seriousness, you allocate a few stat points and pick a feat, essentially.
    I still have some details to hammer out and the game might change slightly before it actually goes live.
    The above post was just to let people know it would be coming soon and to force myself to commit.

Fighters are beginning to arrive at the Hard as a Rock Tournament.

Remember to read the entire OP! This is different from your standard Phalla and it has many rules.

• EgosEgos Registered User regular
    I could have a Mandalorian game going soon if nobody has anything going

• jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Egos wrote: »
    I could have a Mandalorian game going soon if nobody has anything going
    This is the way.

I'll try and get sign-ups going later today.
    ezgif-6-7faaf4030095.gif

@Bandwagon OP is missing some recent games.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• BandwagonBandwagon Registered User regular
    Should be back up to date. Sorry 'bout not logging in since... October 2019. Yeah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXp4GnC1Z3Q

Sign-Ups are Up for The Mandalorian Phalla here

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    INVITATION TO THE MAFIA CHAMPIONSHIP (SEASON 7)

Ahoy there! :)

I’m very excited to invite your community to participate in Season 7 of the Mafia Championship.

The Mafia Championship is an annual forum-based tournament series that pits representatives from various online Mafia (aka Werewolf) communities against one another as they compete to determine the Internet’s greatest forum Mafia player. Each participating community democratically elects one person to represent them and be their “Champion”.

The tournament first started back in 2013. Since then, 320+ different communities and 50+ different nationalities have been represented.

It’s a super fun event that has created many new friendships and close bonds between communities. I hope that you would be interested in taking part :)

1. DO YOU ACCEPT THE INVITATION?

If your community wishes to participate, please confirm your participation to Lissa as soon as you can to ensure yourselves a spot. Currently, the plan is to accommodate 150 communities this season. If there is further interest, additional communities may sign up as substitutes; generally there are some replacements needed both before and during games.

If your community agrees to participate, the deadline for selecting your representative is April 27, but the sooner the better.

The games will take place on Mafia Universe. If it’s okay, I can link directly to the general discussion thread regarding this topic on Mafia Universe.

Important notes
    • You may decide yourselves how you want to elect your representative, but we highly recommend some sort of democratic process (public nominations followed by a poll usually works out well).
    • In addition to electing a representative, you should also name an alternate who will be asked to step in if the first choice needs to back out.
    • Your representative should be prepared for having to read upwards of 500-600 posts per 24 hours during the early stages of the game. Additionally, there’s a requirement that each player must make at least 10 posts per Game Day. Only active players should apply/participate. I repeat: Your chosen player needs to be able to promise a good amount of activity on a daily basis.

2. SEASON 7 FORMAT

The tournament structure
    • 150 communities will participate, each sending one representative.
    • QUALIFIERS: 10 Qualifier Games will be played, consisting of 15 players each. I.e. every representative plays in one Qualifier Game. The players themselves vote post-game to determine who is deserving of advancement. 1st and 2nd place will advance to the Semifinal Games.
    • SEMIFINALS: A Jury consisting of finalists from Season 6 will select 25 additional players to advance to the three Semifinal Games. From each game, five players will advance to the Finale Game based on a post-game player vote, just like in the qualifying phase.
    • THE FINALE: The Finale Game is played. Once it has completed, the players vote to determine who shall receive the title of Season 7 Champion and a winner’s certificate signed by Dmitry Davidoff, the creator of mafia.

This year’s setup: JOAT^2
    The setup is called JOAT^2 and features 15 players.

The setup consists of the following:

3x Mafia Goon
    2x Town Jack Of All Trades (9x Doctor, 9x Motion Detector, 9x Tracker)
    10x Vanilla Townie

Note that the Jacks Of All Trades must use all three actions before repeating an action, i.e. they are rotating. This does not mean they must use the actions in the same order every time.

Relevant mechanics info
    - Day start.
    - Majority lynch is enabled Day 2+, but majority is not required at any point in order to lynch.
    - Tied votes will result in a player being lynched at random from among the tied players.
    - No outside communication. I.e. you may not contact the other players outside of the thread (unless you are Mafia and wish to speak with your teammates).
    - Phase Lengths and Deadlines will be up to the players themselves (I’ll organize your representative into a game with deadlines that suit their preferences).
    - Thread is locked during Night Phases.
    - Votes are automatically locked in at LYLO.
    - Mafia factional kills are assigned. They can be tracked, watched, roleblocked, etc. (In this setup, that means they display as an action to the Tracker and the Motion Detector actions.)
    - Mafia share a factional Night Kill, which is a single standard shot for their faction. The mafia faction kill is mandatory.
    - Mafia may communicate at any time.
    - Each individual player may make a maximum of 150 posts per day phase (this restriction is lifted 2 hours before day end).
    - The game will have a host to oversee everything and make sure everyone’s following the code of conduct, but otherwise the game is completely automated (automatic votecounts, thread locks and reveals roles automatically, the bot receives and processes actions, etc.).

3. SEASON 7 TIMELINE

There will be 10 Qualifier Games, and your representative plays in just one of these. They will have start dates ranging from late April to mid-June. So in other words, as long as your representative can play sometime during that period, they should be good and I’ll make sure they get scheduled into a game that suits their schedule well. I.e. if your rep is busy until June, that isn’t a problem.

The Semifinal Games will be played in July, and the Finale Game sometime in August/September (whenever we can work out something that suits everyone).

If you want to get in contact with me ASAP, you can find me on Discord (Lissa#8083).

Kind regards,
    Lissa

1, 2, 3, NOT IT!

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I imagine adapting to a championship must be pretty difficult, since we all know each other's playstyles, and that's uncharted territory.

I am fine with the world learning to fear and respect @kime , though.

wVEsyIc.png
    it's a totally different style of play, and incredibly time consuming. if you're interested, i strongly urge you to play a few rounds with them to understand what i mean.

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited April 2020
    Yeah they really do hundreds of posts per day. Only our biggest busiest phallas of yore were producing 10+ pages a day

Phyphor on
    I nominate @Sir Fabulous

• Lissa2Lissa2 Registered User new member
    Thanks for sharing the invite, Bedlam!

I hope someone here will be interested in participating this year. Definitely let me know if y'all have any questions :)

• ThingymanThingyman Registered User regular
    Co-organizer of tournament here :D

In the past, you guys have been represented by @Infidel, @jdarksun and @Bedlam

Hopefully another name will be added to that list. Or well, it's also allowed to rep again, of course :D

• ThingymanThingyman Registered User regular
    There are only a few days left. Any hero out there at all who'd be down to fight for the honor of Penny Arcade? :)

Hmm we missed that, how embarrassing for us. If there is interest in a lower stakes and pressure game I might try and get something up eventually. Just reading through you all crashing the moon into the planet again. Good times!

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

I've also got another monsters Game A / Game B phalla that's about ready for peer review if anybody's interested.

I’m not sure what game a game b is exactly but I am interested and can look things over if no one else is volunteering. I might not be the best at balancing though.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

38thDoe wrote: »
    I’m not sure what game a game b is exactly but I am interested and can look things over if no one else is volunteering. I might not be the best at balancing though.
    Remember the Phallafly game I ran ... 5 years ago??? WTF.

Game A is Mostly Vanilla Phalla (tm).

Game B is my adaptation of Something Else (tm).

apparently i get the itch to run these games in MAY EVERY FIVE YEARS argh i'm turning to dust

• LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    Hello phalla-folks!

After taking a hiatus to deal with, well, everything, Austin and I are just about ready to get our next game up and running. We could have a game thread up next week, with the game likely to start the following week.

I wanted to gauge interest (and check in with @38thDoe and @jdarksun) before we got going, though. With everything going on, it's understandable that people would not have the time/energy/desire/wherewithal to play a forum game right now. But if there is enough interest, then we are ready to go.

Glad to hear it, greatly enjoy your games!

I wanted to run a game but I'm going into the woods and didn't want to run a game by driving to wifi hot spots again. (don't run games in blizzards) So by all means go ahead of me.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    I will play your game. I have not played a game in awhile, but my life is super conducive for it atm and I'd love to dump a bunch of energy into a cool thing. I give you interest!

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I have an idea that I feel like had to have been done at some point.

legend-of-galatic-heroes.jpg
    (Legend of the Galactic Heroes)

It has it all! Two massive factions, a third independent faction wanting the other two to kill themselves, romance, fleet battles, and, uh, power ballads every so often.

wVEsyIc.png
    I like the four clearly not Star Wars characters in the upper left. Never heard of it so maybe it was run before my time? Would play.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    The Day the Music Died - Act I: Rock Rebellion - A Phalla is now open for sign-ups!

23 spots remain!

If a queue is a thing, I'll tentatively put out Legend of the Galactic Heroes to be started once Music ends.

wVEsyIc.png
  • BandwagonBandwagon Registered User regular
    It has been a very long time since we've had a waitlist. But I've edited the game in, for nostalgia's sake.