CF Phalla Signup List

1545556575860»

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    As I when back and reread my Nightmare Before Christmas game, I got that spark to make a new game.

So maybe after the Christmas break is over, I'll have Trolls: The Great Freeze Tag Phalla done.

Trolls: Act ually Pokeph all aThree?

Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
    WildcatGrunt's Ghosts
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    As I when back and reread my Nightmare Before Christmas game, I got that spark to make a new game.

So maybe after the Christmas break is over, I'll have Trolls: The Great Freeze Tag Phalla done.

I don't have the stuff to do the Pokephalla.

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019

I don't have the stuff to do the Pokephalla.

You don't want the stuff to do the Pokephalla. Trust me. The sheer volume of stuff to track was stupid, even with lots of it being automated (battles, status PMs, trades, discovery, etc.)

I want to get a website up for the next time I run it. And I think about that probably more than you all would imagine

ObiFett on
    kimeH3KnucklesWildcat
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    My mistake, I thought GG had run the previous ones

Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    My mistake, I thought GG had run the previous ones

No, I tried to run a Pokemon RPG game here years ago. Not a Phalla.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    No games all year?

That's lunacy!

See what I did there?

steam_sig.png
    kimeBedlamH3Knuckles
  • Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Okay I know I say this a lot. But I do want to run a phalla soon.

I haven't had a full-time job in a while, so my promise to run the Fire Emblem Phalla once that happens is not broken.

That said, I have written out the rules for a simpler, more low-key tournament style Phalla.
    If someone wants to make sure I haven't missed something glaringly broken, you can PM and I'll forward the host documents to you.

If not, I'll run it without any attempt at balancing shortly after Lunacy is done. This is a Sir Fab pinky promise.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
    H3Knuckles38thDoeWildcat
    edited February 8
    It's been

One week since the invitation arrived, but you've been training for years. The premiere martial arts tournament, the Hard as a Rock Competition is once again seeking to determine the greatest fighters of this generation.

Will you prove an unshakeable mountain? Or will your discipline crumble to sand under the fierce blows of your adversaries?

What's all this then?
    This is an experimental, Phalla-like tournament game where you will create a fighter and engage in a free-for-all fighting competition with the hope of coming out on top and becoming Hard as a Rock!

Phalla-like?
    The game features a voting mechanic, and I believe it incentivizes some degree of social networking ability. You will start off uninformed and your chances of winning are increased by gaining insight into your competitors.

Unlike traditional Phalla games, there is no informed minority forming an opposing faction. Each fighter will win or lose based on individual choice. That said, I believe the system to be flexible enough to allow for alternative win conditions in the future. If the format proves fun or potentially fun with slight tweaks, I might explore such options in the future.

So how do I win?
    Your success in the tournament is represented by Power Points (PP). You earn PP by
    1. Landing a knockout blow on another fighter.
    2. Not getting knocked out by another fighter, including Bonus Points for the last 3 surviving players.
    3. Accurately determining the fighting styles of other fighters (as scored by a questionnaire after the conclusion of the tournament).

REMEMBER, IF YOU TRULY WANT TO BE HARD AS A ROCK, YOU'VE GOT TO FOCUS ON RAISING YOUR PP

This seems like there is a bit of math involved. Have you done any calculations or projections or really balanced the game in any way, shape, or form?
    Signups will go up next week! After the signup period, the game will begin with a Day 0 where you will create your fighter.

Sir Fabulous on

38thDoekimeEgos
  • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    It's been

One week since the invitation arrived, but you've been training for years. The premiere martial arts tournament, the Hard as a Rock Competition is once again seeking to determine the greatest fighters of this generation.

Will you prove an unshakeable mountain? Or will your discipline crumble to sand under the fierce blows of your adversaries?

What's all this then?
    This is an experimental, Phalla-like tournament game where you will create a fighter and engage in a free-for-all fighting competition with the hope of coming out on top and becoming Hard as a Rock!

Phalla-like?
    The game features a voting mechanic, and I believe it incentivizes some degree of social networking ability. You will start off uninformed and your chances of winning are increased by gaining insight into your competitors.

Unlike traditional Phalla games, there is no informed minority forming an opposing faction. Each fighter will win or lose based on individual choice. That said, I believe the system to be flexible enough to allow for alternative win conditions in the future. If the format proves fun or potentially fun with slight tweaks, I might explore such options in the future.

So how do I win?
    Your success in the tournament is represented by Power Points (PP). You earn PP by
    2. Not getting knocked out by another fighter, including Bonus Points for the last 3 surviving players.
    3. Accurately determining the fighting styles of other fighters (as scored by a questionnaire after the conclusion of the tournament).

REMEMBER, IF YOU TRULY WANT TO BE HARD AS A ROCK, YOU'VE GOT TO FOCUS ON RAISING YOUR PP

This seems like there is a bit of math involved. Have you done any calculations or projections or really balanced the game in any way, shape, or form?
    Signups will go up next week! After the signup period, the game will begin with a Day 0 where you will create your fighter.
    How would one make a fighter?

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    What is a fighter?
    A miserable pile of PP!
    But enough talk vote at you!

steam_sig.png
    H3KnucklesMamaWolfWildcat
    MamaWolf wrote: »
    It's been

What's all this then?

Phalla-like?

So how do I win?

How would one make a fighter?

Think about how you'd make a lover, then do the opposite.
    In all seriousness, you allocate a few stat points and pick a feat, essentially.
    I still have some details to hammer out and the game might change slightly before it actually goes live.
    The above post was just to let people know it would be coming soon and to force myself to commit.

H3KnucklesMamaWolfAustinP0027Wildcat
    Fighters are beginning to arrive at the Hard as a Rock Tournament.

Remember to read the entire OP! This is different from your standard Phalla and it has many rules.