As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

So the year is going to be over in like 2 or 3 days

PeasPeas Registered User regular
edited December 2019 in Social Entropy++
https://youtu.be/4JkIs37a2JE

Any thoughts or something
You can talk about your review of this year or things you look forward to next I guess

Peas on

• Options
    HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    While I am looking forward to the next semester of school and continuing to work towards my degree, I am sure as hellfire not looking forward to the cluster-fuck that the 2020 election is going to be

vEaRQgH.png
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    I’d really appreciate if my cars and house gave me a financial break so I could tackle some of our immense debt

....hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    404!

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I think maybe in 2020 I should try and make a friend.

Seems like a lot of work though.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I just want to get out of debt and find work I don't hate

But the odds of either of those happening in 2020 are incredibly slim.

I'm tired of having a negative bank account all of the damn time.

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    In 2020 I'm gonna make it big.

I can feel it.

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Pros:
    • Completed all exams on my training course
    • Got a performance-related bonus, and some copy on a government website
    • Getting good professional feedback from the people I need good feedback from
    • Joined the roleplayer division of the training department at work
    • Losing weight
    • Successfully made the switch to a vegan diet

Cons:
    • Wife left me
    • Stuck in a town I don't want to live in until I sell the marital home, which isn't going well
    • Warhammer Fantasy group I DM fell apart because I handled the removal of a problem player in a manner which made too many people not want to continue
    • Some friendships are strained due to first three points precipitating a brief existential crisis

2020 vision:
    • Complete training course, get big ol' raise as a result
    • Move into city-centre bachelor pad and commence life as a well-off single guy with two cute cats
    • Start Acquisitions Incorporated D&D campaign with the remainder of my old gaming group
    • Meet people that aren't from work, and maybe do kissing with some of them if they're OK with that

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I'm going to get in shape

probably that shape will be a lumpy circle

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Pros I live on in spite of it.
    It was nice to get back into painting minis again I really feel this is one of the positive things for this year

Cons I had a horrible year.
    I feel I am stuck because selling the home might be harder with what needs to be done to it {last year my brother and I agreed just to level the house and start anew}
    Going to jail for weeds in my yard is still one of the most questionable shitty things that happened to me. It was weird to get tossed into general with drug offenders and from the looks of several of them they were in there for at least 2 months because there was a sign banning you from personal clothing in the lockup [as another side the jail guards made fun of the city saying they also tossed in a 93 year old woman who was on oxygen and using a walker
    As she needed both but the city insisted she needed to go to jail
    Getting fired I know I hated working at Walmart. But getting fired for calling my boss a bully and him firing me for my history of disrespect for him. As my plan this year was to save money and leave at the end of the year
    Just my fight with the city getting fired and all the other negative things gobbled up what I had saved aside
    It was just heartbreaking to both be too old for the 11B job for the national guard after they did the tests and having my bike stolen the same day
    There were minor things but they added up as well

my 2020 goals are
    just put all that stuff behind me and leave it all I can do
    Sub goals are organize and catalog my lego. Really do the same to all my 40k stuff as I have no idea where I got or how I have a second stompa which is why I need to do this.

• Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    This year was a shit show, with multiple family deaths and my wife was so seriously ill she nearly went as well (but is thankfully fine).

On the other hand, it caused my to finally get off my arse and chase my dreams. I’ve released three novels this year, and I’m making $100-200 bucks a month off them. I’ve got two ready for release in January and February, so 2020 is the year I keep it going, keep growing my income from it. It’s been extremely helpful financially. The dream would be to be able to reduce my day job hours this year.

• Options
    Mr SparklesMr Sparkles Registered User regular
    I believe I speak for everyone when I say "Thank fuck, it's over..."

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    My son turns 2 in 5 weeks. So my full time dad job will start to transition from keeping him alive and fed to keeping him from watching too much tv and learning too many swear words.

Fingers crossed my wife will get a job she's going for in January which would mean our money woes are basically gone. Well not gone, but significantly eased.

Who knows, man. As long as my kid is alive and happy I'm doing fine.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I want to fall in love, and I want someone to fall in love with me.

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    2019 .

Full year of full time employment at my new job, was great.
    Uhh, got VR, didn't use it as much as hoped. But I'm currently using my summer holiday to get that going again.
    Started working on being a good musician, which has prompted feelings of inadequacy. I've been playing in bands for 15 years but I've tried for 0 of them so trying is hard and shows up how much I've just been coasting.
    Learned a little bit of Māori, would have liked to learn more.
    Didn't do as many projects as I usually do, but I still did a bit of crafting, painting and such, which is always enjoyable.

Lowlight would be messing up the emails for our festival of bands we run every year, which necessitated the cancelling of the festival for this year. Whoops. But 2020 looks to be better. I've learned I can schedule emails! Not sure why that took me over a decade.

Other than that, pretty good year all round. I enjoyed all aspects of my life, I'm happy where I'm at and while I don't quite have a future goal, I am progressing in new and old areas. Generally I'm just happy with improving what I have now.

2020? I dunno, I'm not one for resolutions or setting goals. Maybe I just need to use my free time a little better? But free time is nice too. So no ragrets.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Well at a macro level it’s one of *those* years so the first Tuesday of November will have a huge influence on how we feel about the year

On a personal level, my wife is giving up her career in February and we’ll go to one income. I still make well above our monthly expenses alone, but she makes more than me now, so it’s a little anxiety-inducing

Also I guess try to move to SoCal or Nashville/SW NC (Asheville or Charlotte)...somewhere warmer and sunnier than Columbus

Have a 2nd kid

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I just keep getting fatter and fatter, I need to lose like 25 kilograms if I want to have any kind of chance of ever having a visible 6-pack some time before I turn 40. Now, I know that's not a short-term goal for a lazy piece of shit like myself, so my goal is to lose 10 kilograms in 2020. Get me within spitting distance of a double-digit weight number (in kilograms, don't worry!). I just need to force myself to establish and stick to an exercise schedule until it becomes habit.

• Options
    The owner of the company my wife works for us taking all of his employees and their spouses to Costa Rica next December so one of my goals is to have a body that I don't mind seeing shirtless by then...

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    The owner of the company my wife works for us taking all of his employees and their spouses to Costa Rica next December so one of my goals is to have a body that I don't mind seeing shirtless by then...

All bodies are beautiful bodies, you big beautiful bull!

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    don't do crunches they are bad for you

• Options
    Xehalus wrote: »
    don't do crunches they are bad for you

Eh, if you do them right they're okay, but planks are better and more effective overall.

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Tears sting flush red miserable cheek.
    His profile glowered, discontent with the drawing and the damned day.
    We gave a quiet whisper of thanks
    Drapery dashed and detailed on the page

His profile glowered, discontent with the drawing and the damned day.
    Silken chiaroscuro rendered smooth- as if rising out to cover us.
    Drapery dashed and detailed on the page.
    Will you be in the lab sketching with me, Wednesday?

Silken chiaroscuro rendered smooth- as if rising out to cover us.
    A crowd shared the table, competing in a game of open hearts
    Will you be in the lab sketching with me, Friday?

He boasted of a tingle with a finger on the scar on his chest

A crowd shared the table, competing in a game of open hearts
    We let out awkward chuckles of historic mischief in our memory.
    He boasted of a tingle with a finger on the scar on his chest.
    An afternoon lecture bearing the expectations of the dear professor.

We let out awkward chuckles of historic mischief in our memory.
    I don’t know everything about drawing, I want to learn.

An afternoon lecture bearing the expectations of the dear professor.
    It was pedestrian - a crossing of veterans.

I didn’t know everything about drawing, I wanted to learn.
    Frigid night air met with his body, a minivan, then pickup.
    It was pedestrian - a crossing on Veterans.
    A cold memorial dashed wild with the colors of our flowers.

Our sharing of stories pulled up the frigid air from our bodies.
    We gave a quiet whisper of thanks.
    A cold memorial dashed wild with the colors of our flowers.
    Tears stung flushed red miserable cheeks.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Whilst there are lots of things I look forward to in 2020 such as watching my son grow up I'm really not looking forward to spending the next year waiting to see how much the Tories will screw us over with Brexit.

SharpyVII on