As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Secret Satans 2019 - Perfect gifting! See you next year!

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    So I suck at Satans this year.

Spoiler for family troubles
    My grandma had some health problems. At the age of 87 there are no non-trivial medical events, but this shit would have been scary even if she were 50 years younger. She's stable and recovering now, but she lives with my uncle and aunt... and I don't want to get into all the family drama, but nobody trusts this particular aunt and uncle to take good care of her. So I've been back and forth several times over the last two weeks, and instead of coming all the way back home, on the days I had to make an appearance at work I've been staying with a friend who lives closer to the Utah/Idaho border, and then making my commute to the office from the north rather than from the south.

Anyway, one of my cousins who lives close to grandma and normally helps her out was out of town for the holidays, but she got back last night. So today I helped finish building some accessibility enhancements to the old farmhouse, and then I'm finally on the way home tomorrow morning.

So, I just got my outbound Satans order taken care of, which sucks, because Christmas was last week. And also just got my outbound Saints order done, which sucks even more. None of it's projected to arrive until January 3rd at the earliest. And haven't been home to see what my own Satan sent to me in two weeks.

hey, you got your gifts out

as long as they get received by the end of January you're fine

glad your family is taken care of

• Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    Blackhawk1313 > Fearghaill 1
    Cristoval > Moriveth 1 2> Bucketman 1 2 3 > Veldrin 1
    Ladybug2332 > #pipe 1 2 > Xaquin 1 2 3 > Tonkka 1 2
    N1tSt4lker > Goose! 1? 2 3
    Taya > QuickSnap 1

? > Skeith 1 2
    ? > Brolo 1 2 > MulysaSempronius 1
    ? > Brovid Hasselsmof 1 2
    ? > Lasbrook 1 > Naphtali 1 2 > Pinfeldorf 1 2
    ? > Cello 1
    ? > Tofystedeth 1
    ? > Lalabox 1 2
    ? > Moriveth 1 2> Bucketman 1 2 3 > Veldrin 1
    ? > KetBra 1
    ? > DrZiplock 1
    ? > Janson 1 > iloveslimes 1 > Lost Salient 1

DrZiplock 2018 > BlakeT (2018+1) 1

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    I am sending out today. Sorry it's taken so dang long, sometimes I struggle with believing I am doing a good job gifting!

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    MulysaSempronius is my Satan for that there list there. I don't know what page it was on but they donated some bees in my name and that's rad! Also some sheckles into my Etsy account!

Cristoval on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Also for my gifts recieved it only has the link to my second item. The first was a nonphysical donation.
    https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/41932141/#Comment_41932141

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Brolo wrote: »
    So I suck at Satans this year.

Spoiler for family troubles
    My grandma had some health problems. At the age of 87 there are no non-trivial medical events, but this shit would have been scary even if she were 50 years younger. She's stable and recovering now, but she lives with my uncle and aunt... and I don't want to get into all the family drama, but nobody trusts this particular aunt and uncle to take good care of her. So I've been back and forth several times over the last two weeks, and instead of coming all the way back home, on the days I had to make an appearance at work I've been staying with a friend who lives closer to the Utah/Idaho border, and then making my commute to the office from the north rather than from the south.

Anyway, one of my cousins who lives close to grandma and normally helps her out was out of town for the holidays, but she got back last night. So today I helped finish building some accessibility enhancements to the old farmhouse, and then I'm finally on the way home tomorrow morning.

So, I just got my outbound Satans order taken care of, which sucks, because Christmas was last week. And also just got my outbound Saints order done, which sucks even more. None of it's projected to arrive until January 3rd at the earliest. And haven't been home to see what my own Satan sent to me in two weeks.

hey, you got your gifts out

as long as they get received by the end of January you're fine

glad your family is taken care of

I think the rule might be that as long as you have proof that you shipped before the end of January you're fine.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I got my Satans package week before last, but I forgot to post about it in here, and that was rude of me!

I got some neat stuff!

EBPaW9il.jpg

I've been meaning to dig into Gormenghast for a while, and I'm really looking forward to finally reading Gotham by Gaslight and Simonson's Ragnarok!

Thanks so much, @JimBobtheMonkey !!

• Options
    Much like two distinct characters in a piece of popular media, my package is shipped.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Oh, Goofus & Gallant?

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Not much what's a Goofus &

*gets stabbed through the heart mid-sentence*

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    I was Brolo's Satan, Perrsun.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    I have arrived home, after my long exile to the wilderness of Idaho, and three different packages were waiting for me! None seem to have identified the sender, so thank you Satan(s?) for your generosity!
    0o1t97jbu4n9.jpg

Excellent! This will all go into immediate use. I'm looking at joining an Eberron game on weekends, while my Monday D&D group will thank you for saving them from listening to me flip back and forth through the PhB agonizing over my Tortle Light Cleric's decisions. And the games will go into my switch on the commute to work tomorrow, and likely stay there until I finish!

Desert Leviathan on
    Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    It's almost 2020, and we all know that means skincare

As evidenced by how my Satan got me a Korean sugar cleansing/exfoliating mask! I used it last night and now the coefficient of friction of my face is way less.
    awmshfvnq8c4.jpeg

Also pictured: an eye cream sample, which I will use to try and hide the ravages of the 2010s from my face tomorrow!

My skin feels much smoother already and I'm excited to include this in my usual skincare regimen! Thanks Satan!!

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    Skeith wrote: »
    I was Brolo's Satan, Perrsun.

the mystery is solved! thank you for the rad gifts!

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    I have received yet more foul blessings from the sulfurous depths, courtesy of satan's most evil minion, tynic!

A book that I have definitely had recommended to me in the book thread and liked the sound of, quite likely by tynic, but failed to get my hands on yet. I'm going on holiday at the end of January so this will be great to have for reading in the sun.

2js1f2d7pncu.jpg

Some scotch and sea salt flavoured caramels. Can confirm at this point that the scotch ones are not poisonous.

mu1af2rc734d.jpg

A really lovely knitted snood!

r5zz31kpueiy.jpg

A print of a photo I took when we met in Namibia, of a termite humping a water droplet... you had to be there I guess

n7hioa33c0z3.jpg

And two pieces of original tynic art! A gardening t-rex, and a sexy santa Christmas card (shown alongside the one I got last year, which officially means I have a collection of tynic sexy santa Christmas cards, which I love)

el7ryjarfrnr.jpg

dztc122xbbqb.jpg

Thank you so much @tynic I love it all. I think some Namibian dust got in the photo somehow cos I got a little something in my eye when I opened it and it definitely can't be because I'm a sap.

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Every year I do to myself that I want a tynic Christmas card

And every year I talk myself out of it.

And every year I hate myself after.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2019
    that sodding namibian dust does get everywhere

@lonelyahava give me your address and I'll send you a complete set! (while my cards are dumb and probably hopefully mildly offensive, they're very much not non-denominational, so I'm never sure whether my jewish friends would get a kick out of them or not).

tynic on
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I for one love the biblical story of the Christmas squid

• Options
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    I arrived home to see my 2y/o playing with an amazon box, so I asked him if he wanted to check it out with me. Of course he did, so he got his head all up in there and before I could even see what it was he exclaims, “a dinosaur!!”
    566r611j6hfi.jpeg

Naturally, we played it as soon as we could. At first he was upset because he wanted to be all 6 dinosaurs... but he was doing well with the spinner and gave it a decent try. This is perfect, because I wanted to start to teach him games and he seemed to enjoy it by virtue of the dinosaurs and “oh no, lava!!” :biggrin:

And a new Xbox controller to use with my new laptop!

No worries on the timing, and thank you!

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I had a good feeling about that game when I saw it. I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

• Options
    I believe I may have been Dark Gifted!

In yesterday's mail there was a package from "Cellphone Friend Inc"... but it was not a cellphone! It was a friend! For my neck!
    bUR6EOvl.jpg
    QflNrwxl.jpg

It wasn't ordered by anybody in my house, so unless I hear otherwise I will blame and thank a mysterious one of you for this kickass scarf.

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Is your Satan MJF?

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    He’s a wrestler known for wearing that type of scarf.
    7toymr104bph.jpeg

Edit: boy that image sure is huge on desktop huh?

Lasbrook on
  • Options
    I HAVE BEEN GIFTED

pics momentarily

• Options
    edited January 2020
    gufts!!! All the way from exotic Kansas*

Local drinking chocolate !
    zbooce6jngv9.jpg

Local honey!

13moi12mpeec.jpg

A really cool looking book on Disney's early female animators!!
    yc9pac4fzc8j.jpg

Local soup recipes and a non local but very much appreciated bread tome!!

hk8f6yx4mx38.jpg

@Tofystedeth thank you so much! And also your lovely note! I am extremely excited to dive into so much of this treasure haul.

*I once had a work dinner which included a middle aged gentleman from Kansas, who said hesitantly "that's a state of ours," when I asked where he was from
    I told him that outside of California and maybe Texas, it was probably the most well known US state internationally, but I appreciated his cosmopolitan outlook

tynic on
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I got a tynic Christmas card! I didn't even ask for one, and still it found its way to me, with its sexy Santa and sensual squid, to be enjoyed and then kept safe with the one from last year.

• Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Satan has once more chosen to turn his gaze my way.

xTkioUjl.jpg

You're good people, Lord of Darkness. Class act all the way.

Also, I wanted to specifically call out my appreciation for the notes that you have included with these offerings. I failed to include the first in my other post (and will flog myself accordingly) so I have done so here.

Again, praise be unto you and your dark works.

Hail Satan!

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    That's a real good game!

• Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    So I have been informed. I'm looking forward to putting in some time with it this weekend.

• Options
    tynic wrote: »

*I once had a work dinner which included a middle aged gentleman from Kansas, who said hesitantly "that's a state of ours," when I asked where he was from
    I told him that outside of California and maybe Texas, it was probably the most well known US state internationally, but I appreciated his cosmopolitan outlook

Enjoy! Is the international notoriety of Kansas a Wizard of Oz thing?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    tynic wrote: »

Enjoy! Is the international notoriety of Kansas a Wizard of Oz thing?

yeah, pretty much.

• Options
    Also Superman. When I was doing the two year mormon missionary thing in southern Colorado and western Kansas, I met quite a few Europeans and Australians, mostly other missionaries in their early 20s, who were pretty bummed out that Smallville wasn't a real place that they could visit.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    Also Superman. When I was doing the two year mormon missionary thing in southern Colorado and western Kansas, I met quite a few Europeans and Australians, mostly other missionaries in their early 20s, who were pretty bummed out that Smallville wasn't a real place that they could visit.

man if I was a village or town mayor in Kansas I would totally rename it to Smallville to lure in tourists

• Options

Oh yeah, i forgot about him.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Brolo wrote: »

man if I was a village or town mayor in Kansas I would totally rename it to Smallville to lure in tourists

There are a couple towns that have tried, but none have succeeded in passing a ballot measure. There's a common sort of person in rural Kansas who breaks into a cold sweat whenever they see someone they haven't been neighbors with for at least 30 years, and good luck selling them on tourism initiatives.

• Options
    Ladybug2332Ladybug2332 Registered User regular
    Wow! I have been gifted....and what a gifting it has been! Satan, you have absolutely and truly outdone yourself, and I thank you very much indeed!
    The first box I received contained this bag with a very perplexing message....
    xfpsue8pvj7u.jpeg
    Interested I proceeded to reveal....
    p6wpdcv9dwv7.jpeg
    Yes! I added this to my list a little last minute this year. I recently started teaching at our local community college which has me holding office hours. I’m not used to sitting at a desk, so this will help greatly keep my feet and legs happy!
    The rest came the next day and was able to open them tonight, I opened the non-amazon box first....
    cry7x7mo4ijl.jpeg
    Gnome murder! This is awesome and I have almost bought this multiple times! We have a flower bed out front of our house and I am always looking for fun items to decorate it with! This will definitely have a place of honor!
    uksrs4p46joq.jpeg
    The next amazon box brought a similarly perplexing message with its bag.... Satan sure seems to have been having fun this year....I sure do love Disney.... I wonder what item this could be?
    gv0qkefr8ywu.jpeg
    Puzzle! @Blackhawk1313 and I love puzzles and always do them when we go to visit his parents, which we are trying to plan a trip right now and will definitely take with us!
    9sqsomuzbtq0.jpeg
    Year of the Doggo huh? That sounds like a FANTASTIC year for sure! I love my dogs more than most people....
    7c3usk0f2qlb.jpeg
    Which makes this perfect for the house! Dogs are definitely welcome and people are very much only tolerated at best.... this will make a great addition to our home decor!
    csmaakyjh5mr.jpeg
    The last amazon box was hearty for sure, and brought the same message and the previous gifts before it. Hmmmm.... year of pizza eh?
    lugu90ml0xus.jpeg
    Sweet! Pizza stone! This baby is gonna get sooooo much use! We love us some pizza around here and nothing beats a good home made slice of za....🍕🍕🍕

Again, thanks are not nearly enough Satan! You have been more than generous and I appreciate them all so much!

• Options
    Slacker71Slacker71 subgenius RentonRegistered User regular
    I came home to find two packages by my door...

Oddly one was pre-opened...
    h6c58ye66xsr.jpg
    Luckily whoever opened it didn't like the contents as much as I do, or at least they match the packing slip...
    835l7j1v5oda.jpg
    Go team Venture!
    The other was intact...
    o9jg0f8rifsz.jpg
    Even better! I haven't seen this in decades!
    17cospirzjnp.jpg

Thanks Satan!

• Options
    Slacker71Slacker71 subgenius RentonRegistered User regular
    Two more intact packages arrived today...
    It was seasons 1, 3, 4 and 5.
    9tjwxtedyeu5.jpg
    Pictured altogether

Thanks again mystery Satan!