As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warhammer - Age of Sigmar] The New Fantasy

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Dayspring wrote: »
    Its a crime that the IoB Rat Ogres never came out separately.
    They were such awesome sculpts

Tge whole box was so good. The griffon, the seaguard, the reavers, all the skaven characters. I really wish some aelf faction is going to be a bit in the seaguard direction. Not much hope though

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »

Tge whole box was so good. The griffon, the seaguard, the reavers, all the skaven characters. I really wish some aelf faction is going to be a bit in the seaguard direction. Not much hope though

My brother told me that he bought IoB and sold the skaven to someone else. When he was ranting about what his high elf army became

• TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular

Fuck do I want those rat ogres though.

• StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Just realized that with 3 battleforces I'll have 3 verminlord and since I'm making a deceiver no matter what I can use the piece that one doesn't use that the other 4 heads need to not have to do any wonky stuff or resin casting.

Just gotta watch some videos on sculpting green stuff now.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
    Do nurgle demons synergize well with Pestilens? Was thinking if getting some nurgle demons to goof off with for my Pestilens

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    If I remember correctly Skaven actually can't take any allies. You can include Pestilens units in a Maggotkin of Nurgle list (because they have the Nurgle keyword) but not the other way around.

If I remember correctly Skaven actually can't take any allies. You can include Pestilens units in a Maggotkin of Nurgle list (because they have the Nurgle keyword) but not the other way around.

Oh, that is a bummer. Guess I'll save money not buying nurgle demons.

edited December 2019

You can definitely take nurgle units as allies if you have a pestillens unit as your general. Just tested this in Azyr. I believe the skaven battletome also specifies this. Edit: it does page 128 very bottom says if pestillens if general nurgle units become allies.

If any other skaven clan is your general though you are locked out of allies.

TheGerbil on
    TheGerbil wrote: »

You can definitely take nurgle units as allies if you have a pestillens unit as your general. Just tested this in Azyr. I believe the skaven battletome also specifies this. Edit: it does page 128 very bottom says if pestillens if general nurgle units become allies.

So it's a secret side girlfriend kind of thing

• Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular

Oh, awesome, ignore me then.
    I'm not sure what nurgle units would necessarily help out in a Pestilens list, but some of their heroes might have effects which can apply to Nurgle units, rather than just maggotkin.

• DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    There was like a 2 month period where pestilens couldn't have allies and then there was errata or clarification that it wasn't intended I think?

I like using plague drones, you can take 2 groups of 3 in a 2k list real easy.

steam_sig.png
    There was like a 2 month period where pestilens couldn't have allies and then there was errata or clarification that it wasn't intended I think?

I mean maybe before the battletome but the battletome itself clearly says if the general is pestillens you can take nurgle units as allies.

I haven't experimented with this yet though but drones being quick does sound very useful. Outside of gnawholes skaven aren't very quick with no real calvary and random movement on doom flayers and doom wheels

Clanrats are kinda fast in a sneaky way with +1 to run rolls and the ability to retreat and charge in the same turn.
    Do note the utility of taking Horticulous Slimux in a Pestilens list, if you use his ability to plant a Feculant Gnarlmaw it will grant any Nurgle units within 7" the ability to run and charge in the same turn, which includes the otherwise standard infantry moving plague monks...

I mean maybe before the battletome but the battletome itself clearly says if the general is pestillens you can take nurgle units as allies.

I haven't experimented with this yet though but drones being quick does sound very useful. Outside of gnawholes skaven aren't very quick with no real calvary and random movement on doom flayers and doom wheels

But the profile for Plague Monks says it can only be skaventide battleline if all other units are pestilens. So it meant that you had to take a bunch of clan rats to be able to take nurgle(with a pestilens general) which made no sense so they quickly changed it/clarified.

steam_sig.png
    Ah that's what you meant. Yeah that makes more sense.

Running that nurgle demon that makes a tree seems pretty cool. I might do that.

Are Stormverin any good? They look cool. Would I run Stormvermin, Night Runners, and Gutter Runners in big ass blobs like I'm going to do with my Clanrats and Plague Monks?

To be fair that was also true of the original book! But now you can shoot out of your boats and teleport out of combat, seems good.

• NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    So building up my Gloomspites, slowly but surely.

Now I’ve been playing with the gloomspite options, and whilst I’m doing the “buff the shit out of Stabbas” list, I’ve also got this one on the boil
    Troggoth Hag
    Shaman on spider with sneaky distraction and GFC
    Fungoid

60 Stabbas
    Min herd
    Min herd
    12 Fellwater

Geminids
    Scuttle tide
    Moon

So, I have no idea what competetive AoS looks like, coming from tournament 40k, but this seems like a total dick list?

The shaman has a -1 to hit bubble, the Stabbas surround the trolls who both give out -1 to hit in melee, the gems give -1 and the hag also gives out -1.

This means if everything sticks together the troll/goblin doomball has anywhere from -3 to -5 to hit them.

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

fb0197c8.jpg

fucking yowza

What is a good kitbash to make some Skaven Jezzails? I was thinking AdMech but I don't have any left over sniper rifles for the rangers.

Stragint wrote: »
    What is a good kitbash to make some Skaven Jezzails? I was thinking AdMech but I don't have any left over sniper rifles for the rangers.

Trawl ebay for them
    Otherwise you can do the old empire handgunners

Brainleech wrote: »

Trawl ebay for them
    Otherwise you can do the old empire handgunners

I want to use the transuranikc arquebus but those seem impossible to buy. GW is lame.

So how do Stormfiends work? I'm kind of confused by how their loadout requirements work. It seems like they all have to have different loadouts.

Also, when it says that the Stormfiend unit size max is 6 models, can I still run two groups of 6 or does it mean I can only have 6 Stormfiends on the field in total? I'm assuming I can have two groups of 6 but I want to be sure.

edited January 2020
    I want GW to sell the fire prism turret sprue so I can fix my falcons
    Because I have to make resin copies to fix them so yeah. I have a few of the Ad mech arquebus in spares

I can see why people want the arquebus to make a Jezzails
    s81immd3vzgp.jpeg

Brainleech on
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I want GW to sell the fire prism turret sprue so I can fix my falcons
    Because I have to make resin copies to fix them so yeah. I have a few of the Ad mech arquebus in spares

I can see why people want the arquebus to make a Jezzails
    s81immd3vzgp.jpeg

Yea, they are pretty cool. I used all of mine to make my Rusty 17 to run with my Space Wolves or Imperial Knights and there are never any for sale on ebay. I might need to buy another box of rangers so I can make a cast of the gun and make resin copies.

Aren't those the Radium Jezzails of the sydonian dragoons and not the transuranic arquebuses?

So how do Stormfiends work? I'm kind of confused by how their loadout requirements work. It seems like they all have to have different loadouts.

Also, when it says that the Stormfiend unit size max is 6 models, can I still run two groups of 6 or does it mean I can only have 6 Stormfiends on the field in total? I'm assuming I can have two groups of 6 but I want to be sure.

Stormfiends are equipped as the warscroll says, there are basically two sets of loudouts per three models (a squad of six could have two models with wind launchers, two with ratling guns, and two with the melee thingies, for instance.)

Each individual unit of stormfiends can have a maximum of six models, there is no limit on the number of squads you can take.

edited January 2020
    Aren't those the Radium Jezzails of the sydonian dragoons and not the transuranic arquebuses?
    They are but I have some of the arquebuses for trade since I went with the arc rifle

Brainleech on
    Finally gonna start building my Plague Monks. I'm gonna do 40 with foetid blades and 40 with staves. For the special options should I do 4 of them for each group of 10 that can have multiple?

And what is this flail for in the kit? I don't see anything for it.

• [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Finally gonna start building my Plague Monks. I'm gonna do 40 with foetid blades and 40 with staves. For the special options should I do 4 of them for each group of 10 that can have multiple?

Could it be an… epic flail on GW's part? :P

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Plague censers. Do they exist in AoS?

Could it be an… epic flail on GW's part? :P

The flails aren't apart of the plague monk kits and are just 'extra'. You could use an extra staff arm to make them into a 2h flail to make some plague censor bearers, becuase they are pants-on-head stupid priced. But I'm not sure they really get used all that much.

steam_sig.png
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Built the Slaves to Darkness new starter today. Jesus GW, push fit sucks. Push fit chaos means I was stabbing myself for 3 hours.

Ugh. Still the models are gorgeous. I love them. They feel and look so right to me.

Going to try and get a learning game in next week. I haven't played AoS in over a year and a half. At least this army is way more straight forward rules wise than Tzeentch was. Way less book keeping.

Also did a silly skirmish of the old starter verse the new one. Old one won because it had a stand in Prince for the chariot to more even out the points. But the lance knights full buffed and charging eliminated a 10 man warrior unit in a turn. They are missiles that suck afterwards.

Still excited. This feels like what I was looking for. Feels like my favorite 40k armies which have lots of daemon engines.

u7stthr17eud.png
    StD is essentially rerolls the faction. Depending on your favourite kind of rerolls you can flavour your army with different marks.

The new book is certainly nice but I need to play with it more.

I'm really sad the mark of tzeentch is pretty lackluster compared to the other 3 though.

• pardzhpardzh Registered User regular
    So my local GW is starting an AoS escalation league in a few weeks. First time I've done anything like this. Starting w 500 pts, 150 max for heroes, 2 battle line, 2x min unit size = max.

Grand Host
    Necromancer
    5 Dire Wolves
    10 GG (prob shields? Low pt counts means less rend probably?)
    20 Skellies w swords

That's an even 500 pts. Thoughts?

gt: Bobby2Socks | steam: Billy Boot-Snatcher

You talk clean and bomb hospitals, so I speak with the foulest mouth possible
    pardzh wrote: »
    So my local GW is starting an AoS escalation league in a few weeks. First time I've done anything like this. Starting w 500 pts, 150 max for heroes, 2 battle line, 2x min unit size = max.

Grand Host
    Necromancer
    5 Dire Wolves
    20 Skellies w swords

Seems fine, I've always found grave guard pretty lacklustre, but 500 points is a wholly different game so I'd just focus on making a list you think will be fun than trying to squeeze out maximum power.

The faction focus for the new Tzeentch stuff is up on the community site, by the by, obviously the always big up the good stuff on there, but it looks pretty juicy so far.

• ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular

Grand Host
    Necromancer
    5 Dire Wolves
    20 Skellies w swords

It looks solid for 500 points. Not really much you can do differently at the level, though.

I'd recommend giving those skellingtons spears instead of swords. It's not gonna be super duper great for 2 minimum squads of 10, but you're going want to expand on those units and the future, and getting to roll a bucket of dice is always fun. Double your fun by casting Danse Macbre on those spear skellies and let them drag down almost anything you throw them at at higher points values.

Well I already got a block of 40 spears. Was gonna do 20 swords as 1 unit, since GG are Battle line for Grand Host.

• ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    Well I already got a block of 40 spears. Was gonna do 20 swords as 1 unit, since GG are Battle line for Grand Host.

Didn't know you already had 40 skeletons with spears! I always thought one can never go wrong with more skeletons with more spears in my experience, but without a Wight King, it's kind of a moot point I guess.

For the Grave Guard, I would personally go with the great weapons to use as a hammer to the the skeleton/doggie anvil, even if you put in more GG in the future. The shield isn't going to make them that much more survivable against scrub units (and no extra protection against anything with a rend), and if you keep your Necromancer or other heroes close enough, you're just bringing them back anyway. The +1 to wound on the great weapons over one-handed weapons will put more wounds on things across the board, though.

Like, 500 points doesn't leave you much room, but what you got seems solid.

Yeah I'll go Great Weapons. I happen to have 10 of each.

My only other thought was chopping the GG entirely for more skellies + a Wight King. It's probably better to have 2 heroes but what I got sounds more fun to play.

I'm gonna give it a test run Sunday.

This discussion has been closed.