As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Importing Songs into Amazon Music

HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
edited December 2019 in Help / Advice Forum
I have some live recordings a friend made that I want to add to my amazon music library but It looks like they removed the ability to import music well over a year ago. Does anyone know of a way to still have it available in the amazon music phone app?

HappylilElf on

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Afaik the only app that allows that feature still is Google Play Music

• Options
    ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Not sure if this ultimately solves your problem, but Plex is a free streaming media server that you would install on your own hardware then register with their (free) service to stream to smart TVs or mobile devices.

You can allegedly install the Plex skill to get Alexa devices to play stuff from your Plex server*, but I haven't tested to see if this is a voice command nightmare, and its got some bad reviews.

Edit: I'm also not sure if this actually streams the music through the Alexa device, or just tells the Plex app on another device to play it.

ArbitraryDescriptor on
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Not sure if this ultimately solves your problem, but Plex is a free streaming media server that you would install on your own hardware then register with their (free) service to stream to smart TVs or mobile devices.

You can allegedly install the Plex skill to get Alexa devices to play stuff from your Plex server*, but I haven't tested to see if this is a voice command nightmare, and its got some bad reviews.

Edit: I'm also not sure if this actually streams the music through the Alexa device, or just tells the Plex app on another device to play it.

I might have to try this. I blame my new car for actually getting me to switch from using my 256GB iPod to my phone for music because auto-bluetooth is just too convenient.