As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Mummy [Phalla] GAME OVER: This is only the beginning! UNDEAD VICTORY!

1141516171820»

• Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    I considered making a post like "Obi, you've been borderline inactive for the past few games. Why did you pick now to start making accurate and helpful posts again."

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    I think a good fix here would've been to let the key and book holder submit orders to use their items together, instead of having to spend one night getting the items together with one person, and then a second night to activate them.

And pretty source-accurate; IIRC Jonathan and Evie team up to use the Book and Key together at one point late in the first film.

Thanks for hosting this @MamaWolf! Obviously I'm sad I got day one'd, but it happens to us all at some point.

• BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Wildcat wrote: »
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    I think a good fix here would've been to let the key and book holder submit orders to use their items together, instead of having to spend one night getting the items together with one person, and then a second night to activate them.

And pretty source-accurate; IIRC Jonathan and Evie team up to use the Book and Key together at one point late in the first film.

Thanks for hosting this @MamaWolf! Obviously I'm sad I got day one'd, but it happens to us all at some point.

Not many of of us get voted, vigged and serial killed all on the same night though.

• AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Feels like that should be a forum badge

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Couldn't have happened to a nicer village.

I poured my heart out to you!
    And you stabbed it in front of me.

For what it's worth I told not a lie the whole game day I was alive.

No. Bad. Wrong. One person stabbed you and you took it out on everyone.

Neutrals aren't allowed to be vindictive to the faction that offs them now?
    JfP was village and single-handedly prevented me from winning.
    Therefore, I was biased against the village this game.
    Makes sense to me.

Sir Fab, i want you to know it pained me to kill you.

Did you actually also target my target on night one?

Yeah I shot at Wildcat night 1.

Oh allowed sure, I just take issue with your characterization of the village as out to get you. You didn't get voted out. I could want to be vindictive but that would be silly. Although looking at the abilities one could say that your stance against killing would lead to a mafia victory. You probably should have been incentivized to kill mafia at some point.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019

No. Bad. Wrong. One person stabbed you and you took it out on everyone.

Neutrals aren't allowed to be vindictive to the faction that offs them now?
    JfP was village and single-handedly prevented me from winning.
    Therefore, I was biased against the village this game.
    Makes sense to me.

Sir Fab, i want you to know it pained me to kill you.

Did you actually also target my target on night one?

Yeah I shot at Wildcat night 1.

Oh allowed sure, I just take issue with your characterization of the village as out to get you. You didn't get voted out. I could want to be vindictive but that would be silly. Although looking at the abilities one could say that your stance against killing would lead to a mafia victory. You probably should have been incentivized to kill mafia at some point.

Why care if the mafia is converting people if your win con is just survival?
    I would think if anything a living SK would have helped the mafia because A) shorter game and B) more confusion during night stuff to mess up cures/book+key stuff.
    Not sure how you square an SK's power with the survival win con, they seem rather contradictory.
    Would have been neat if there was an item out there (large amount of gold) and whichever side held it is what Benny's alignment was for that day.

Bluecyan on
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Well a SK can't win with the mafia, so they'd care. Sir Fab was not a SK, I'm saying that if he was it would be better for the village.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    Well a SK can't win with the mafia, so they'd care. Sir Fab was not a SK, I'm saying that if he was it would be better for the village.

Sir Fab was a SK. He was a neutral winner. As long as he survived he would have won.

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    MamaWolf wrote: »

Sir Fab was a SK. He was a neutral winner. As long as he survived he would have won.

Serial killers normally need to be the last man standing, not just survive until another faction wins.

Burnage wrote: »

Serial killers normally need to be the last man standing, not just survive until another faction wins.

Again I tried different things. Things I can learn in the future. Thank you guys for all the advice and feedback.

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
    Cythraul wrote: »
    What a game! I still don't get what happened each night but I'll chalk it up to a comedy of errors and confusion. Sorry for jumping on ya so much Obi, but with the info I was seeing none of it made any sense no matter which way I looked at it. When I read your post after I died about having changed your approach to the game in general it really hit home that I was expecting old Obi behaviour, which I definitely wasn't seeing. Time to change up my own perceptions I guess.

Thanks for running this MamaWolf, always a pleasure (no matter how much it hurts my head while actually playing!). One thing though, in the OP you mentioned resurrection mechanics, what were they? I was waiting for people to spring back from the dead, did you mean the conversion mechanics? It really threw me for a loop lol.

It was the book of the dead. I realize now that I should encourage people working together to get items to combine next time.

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Burnage wrote: »

Again I tried different things. Things I can learn in the future. Thank you guys for all the advice and feedback.

This is just definitional of the language of phalla/mafia/werewolf.
    SKs have a wincon that is in opposition to that of everyone else.
    Survival neutrals have a wincon that is not in opposition to everyone else.
    It is ok to try different things :) , but we'll likely revert to the general definitions above when comparing your game to other games.

Cythraul wrote: »
    What a game! I still don't get what happened each night but I'll chalk it up to a comedy of errors and confusion. Sorry for jumping on ya so much Obi, but with the info I was seeing none of it made any sense no matter which way I looked at it. When I read your post after I died about having changed your approach to the game in general it really hit home that I was expecting old Obi behaviour, which I definitely wasn't seeing. Time to change up my own perceptions I guess.

Thanks for running this MamaWolf, always a pleasure (no matter how much it hurts my head while actually playing!). One thing though, in the OP you mentioned resurrection mechanics, what were they? I was waiting for people to spring back from the dead, did you mean the conversion mechanics? It really threw me for a loop lol.

It was the book of the dead. I realize now that I should encourage people working together to get items to combine next time.

If we hadn't killed the guard and found the busdriver day 1, the village would have been able to coalesce around either the seer or the vig as a nethead.
    Had that happened, the books and key would have either made their way to the nethead fairly quickly and been used, or they would have been hidden on a mafia until a villager stole from them and outed them.
    The village was pretty unlucky in that respect.

Otherwise, it's pretty hard to expect that the village can form untrusted groups of people that can combine items.
    As Aura found.
    The mafia can easily be picked to join the group in the first instance, and with stealing going before item use, the villagers with the items are not going to be able to use them.

discrider on
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Potentially you could get semi-confirmed groups working together by increasing the amount of items in the game that require coordination.
    The cures were a good step in that direction, but they didn't need people to work together, so people didn't need to reveal that info to other unconfirmed people.

Also Gizzy died, which didn't help.

• GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Lesson learned = never kill Gizzy

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I like to think my brilliant strategy of sucking for Day 1 - 7 while aligned with the village, replete with missteps such as falsely accusing H3K, and then getting converted on the final day due to my inability to effectively connect or network with anyone else in the village was the linchpin to the mafia's eventual victory so I'm going to go ahead and take 100% credit.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀