As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Nintendo Switch] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    And once again the cycle of "Cloudeagle starts thinking he should play Octopath/Cloudeagle reads posts about forumers getting annoyed with the game in ways that would annoy Cloudeagle/Cloudeagle decides he shouldn't play Octopath" is complete.

Oh, Octopath's optional post-game mega-boss is by far the least of that game's problems.

And I say this as someone who enjoyed Octopath.

• Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    Oh shit, Maneater is coming to Switch. I had that one on my Steam wish list since it was announced, but it didn't come to Steam. This news pleases me.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I want to try Octopath again. And Bravely Default. Eventually I will suffer through them. I mean, who doesn't enjoy a little suffering?

*I actually really like the gameplay in Bravely Default. I just find the characters and the story kind of irritating.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Ringfit is fun! I'm not normally active, so it kicked my ass, but I had fun while it was doing so.

I'm not fit or active and Ringfit has been sitting on my desk since release.

I'm literally worried it may kill me based on what numerous, actually-athletic people have said about it.

Is there a cheat code?

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »

I'm literally worried it may kill me based on what numerous, actually-athletic people have said about it.

Is there a cheat code?

Yes...?

It's called exercise. :rotate:

But seriously, I'm not in great shape at all and I can manage a couple stages a session.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • NamrokNamrok Registered User regular

Is there a cheat code?

Sweat.

Is there a cheat code?

You've already used the cheat code. If you don't play it, it can't kill you. And if you don't die in a game, you win.

Congratulations, Star Fighter!

Sweat and exercise sound like the OPPOSITE of a cheat code. That sounds like honest to god hard work. What I want is something like a respec mod or something that will let me reset my IRL attributes so I can decrease my weight by like 125 and increase my stamina and length.

• The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Well, there is a cheat code of sort. Once you know what motions the joycons want, you can just fake it.

Really, if I had to say something negative about it, it's that it treats all exercises equally, which can be a major problem when factoring in the general difficulty setting which just affects how many reps of a thing you do. Some exercises are super easy to do even if you're a bowl of jelly like me. Others can fucking kill you. And you won't know until you actually do it and... die. I'm looking at you, planks and mountain climber. So there's kind of no fine tuning the thing. Crank up the difficulty and you get 30 reps of shit you can do, and 30 reps of shit you can't. And vice versa. Your only real option is to just never do the exercise, which you generally have complete control over.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    I want to try Octopath again. And Bravely Default. Eventually I will suffer through them. I mean, who doesn't enjoy a little suffering?

*I actually really like the gameplay in Bravely Default. I just find the characters and the story kind of irritating.

wut...you take that back. Ringabel's the best.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    Sweat and exercise sound like the OPPOSITE of a cheat code. That sounds like honest to god hard work. What I want is something like a respec mod or something that will let me reset my IRL attributes so I can decrease my weight by like 125 and increase my stamina and length.

Ohhh, yeah, that exists. It costs a lot of money and you'll need some time off work. As a bonus you won't be allowed to workout for a week or two.

wut...you take that back. Ringabel's the best.

How did you know that Ringabel is the one that I hate the most?

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    when I found out Ringabel isn't the dedicated sleezebag character, but rather just the first you meet, was when I stopped playing Bravely Default

(I very much did not enjoy the gameplay so I had little reason to stay on anyway)

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    I found Bravely Second earlier when I went looking for my Dragon Quest NDS/3DS collection earlier. Still in shrink wrap.

• NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    Well, there is a cheat code of sort. Once you know what motions the joycons want, you can just fake it.

Really, if I had to say something negative about it, it's that it treats all exercises equally, which can be a major problem when factoring in the general difficulty setting which just affects how many reps of a thing you do. Some exercises are super easy to do even if you're a bowl of jelly like me. Others can fucking kill you. And you won't know until you actually do it and... die. I'm looking at you, planks and mountain climber. So there's kind of no fine tuning the thing. Crank up the difficulty and you get 30 reps of shit you can do, and 30 reps of shit you can't. And vice versa. Your only real option is to just never do the exercise, which you generally have complete control over.

I didn't find that to be the case. I'm pretty sure it asks me to do 20+ squats but only 18 plank raises.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    I found Bravely Second earlier when I went looking for my Dragon Quest NDS/3DS collection earlier. Still in shrink wrap.

You should fix that. Have the courage to try again.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • vamenvamen Registered User regular
    Thanks for all the Ring Fit Adventure feedback all, I think I'll pick it up.

• Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    FYI Bad North physical edition is now available for PO from Limited Run. The CE will be back in stock at 6PM EST, which is little over an hour from now.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    PS just posting this bit from the BS88 soundtrack to remind you all that the game is incredible and that you should all be playing it on your Switch consoles:

https://youtu.be/zcrIpPioRaA

Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    We’re enjoying ringfit as a family. The difficulty level is very customisable and the game structure definitely helps with the motivation to get something done each day. It’s interesting that it’s mostly resistance core muscle building stuff rather than just calorie burning aerobic exercise like most exercise video games. I feel like if I keep with it it’s going to be doing me good even if just doing a little a day.

MhCw7nZ.gif
    edited January 2020
    8bitdo ring fit ring when.

I want it just..... straight up lined with d-pads.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Dodge AspenDodge Aspen Registered User regular
    Grabbed Valfaris because it seemed like a heavy metal themed Contra Clone. It mostly delivers! An added melee weapon and a decent upgrade system are pretty great. Slightly unresponsive controls make the crushing difficulty sometimes frustrating, but a generous checkpoint system alleviates that a bit. It does have an issue with enemies that respawn way too quick. They might be able to tweak that with a patch. All in all though I’m digging it as a hardened veteran of the Contra franchise. Plus the metal theme is badass.

Xbox - Dodge Mega
    Switch - SW-3699-5063-5018

• LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    Oh shit, Maneater is coming to Switch. I had that one on my Steam wish list since it was announced, but it didn't come to Steam. This news pleases me.

Oh-oh, here she comes
    Watch out, boy, she'll chew you up
    Oh-oh, here she comes

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    I'm about 60% through Vampyr switch port and outside of the one time a priest glitched through a wall while T-posing with his holy stun ability stuck on causing me to stagger against a wall until i died it's been pretty good.

I'd give the game a solid 6/10 because the combat is tiresome and no manual save.

• CruorCruor Registered User regular

Later Alligator coming to Switch this year! It looks so charming, was very tempted to pick it up on Steam but now I know why I waited.

• AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    God, please let a potential sequel to that be "In A While Crocodile".

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    YEEEEEEEEEEEEES.

*redacted* beaten! That was an interesting boss fight to say the least. I definitely enjoyed my time with it. I'm gonna take a bit of a break before embarking on that huge adventure that is Dragon Quest 11...

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Welp, Gamestop just put a bunch of untitled Switch SKUs in their system, which is something that happens a little while before a new Nintendo Direct.

A guy with a track record of predicting stuff is saying the Direct will hit January 16, but who knows if that'll pan out.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Welp, Gamestop just put a bunch of untitled Switch SKUs in their system, which is something that happens a little while before a new Nintendo Direct.

A guy with a track record of predicting stuff is saying the Direct will hit January 16, but who knows if that'll pan out.

January 16th? I hope so, because that's my birthday!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    YEEEEEEEEEEEEES.

*redacted* beaten! That was an interesting boss fight to say the least. I definitely enjoyed my time with it. I'm gonna take a bit of a break before embarking on that huge adventure that is Dragon Quest 11...

Wait did you beat the final final crazy boss? If so congrats!

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    There's speculation that the japanese splatoon twitter post celebrating new years 2020 is hinting at new splatoon content. Either more new content for splatoon 2 or splatoon 3. All they actually announced for 2020 so far are splatoon 2 weapon balance patches dropping this week and later in spring.

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    ETA to leak of Metroid Prime Trilogy coming to Switch for sure this time, no it's definitely happening this time, trust me guys

Oh brilliant
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    It's been long enough that the announcement of a new Smash Bros. Ultimate character you can play RIGHT NOW is a decent possibility.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    There's speculation that the japanese splatoon twitter post celebrating new years 2020 is hinting at new splatoon content. Either more new content for splatoon 2 or splatoon 3. All they actually announced for 2020 so far are splatoon 2 weapon balance patches dropping this week and later in spring.

I certainly would be all over a Splatoon 3. Not sure I'd expect one this year, but I've no doubt we'll see one sooner or later. The game sold rather well, especially in Japan were it sold double the numbers of BotW.

Wouldn't be surprised if they at least announce one this year.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    come on HD Zeldas!

no lie, I would put $180 right on my credit card if they sold HD WW, TP, and SS

Xaquin on
  • CruorCruor Registered User regular
    It's been long enough that the announcement of a new Smash Bros. Ultimate character you can play RIGHT NOW is a decent possibility.

The last fighter in the fighter pass was slated to come out by February 2020, and they've been pretty consistent in revealing the character about a month before release. I'd assume we are just going to get an announcement of the character and they'll drop in early/mid February. Maybe they'll surprise us with a "AVAILABLE NOW!" or even reveal what the plan is for the next batch. If we're really lucky maybe they'll do an "AVAILABLE NOW!" and announce the first fighter of the next batch...but that seems WAY too good to be true.

• AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Can anyone recommend good local couch coop or competitive switch games? This is becoming a very common multiplayer thing for me :)

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    A small list:

Snipperclips, Overcooked 1/2, Rocket League, Hyrule/FE Warriors, Death Squared, Enter the Gungeon, Mario Tennis, Unravel Two, Cuphead, Mario Kart 8, Diablo 3, Heave Ho, Mario Party, The Stretchers, Killer Bee Black, Capcom Beat ‘Em Up Collection, Luigi’s Mansion, and the NES/SNES online games.

Man, the Switch has a metric ton of games.

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
    Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 as well.

steam_sig.png