As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warhammer - Age of Sigmar] The New Fantasy

• TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    So a tzeentch marked slaves to darkness wizard can cast the tzeentch endless spells.

I know Nurgle doesn't have any and Khornes are prayers tied to his allegiance ability. Are the Slaanesh ones tied to the Slaanesh or Hedonite keyword?

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    They need to sell a 12-pack of Chaos Spawns to go with the new Tzeentch book.

• ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    pardzh wrote: »
    Yeah I'll go Great Weapons. I happen to have 10 of each.

My only other thought was chopping the GG entirely for more skellies + a Wight King. It's probably better to have 2 heroes but what I got sounds more fun to play.

I'm gonna give it a test run Sunday.

You don't really need 2 heroes at 500 points. When you get more points to play with, I'd definitely add a Wight King to the mix to give a unit more attacks. With your list, you really just need to keep your necromancer in range of the skeletons/grave guard for resurrections and for danse macabre on the grave guard when they're ready to strike.

• Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    TheGerbil wrote: »
    So a tzeentch marked slaves to darkness wizard can cast the tzeentch endless spells.

I know Nurgle doesn't have any and Khornes are prayers tied to his allegiance ability. Are the Slaanesh ones tied to the Slaanesh or Hedonite keyword?

Any Chaos Slaanesh Wizard can attempt to cast the Slaanesh endless spells. (Which does weirdly preclude the existence of Slaanesh Wizards without the Chaos keyword, but okay...)

I saw an interesting Slaanesh list earlier using Archaon now that he has the Hedonites keyword, which looks very entertaining to run, but I don't know that I'd wanna shell out the cash just for an entertaining gimmick!

• DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    Considering how many games, settings, factions and subfactions they’re in, Spawn and Princes could really use a nice modern kit

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    I don't dislike the spawn kit for what it is, but the daemon prince one isn't great. Fortunately you can convert them from just about anything, I suppose.

• TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    I don't dislike the spawn kit for what it is, but the daemon prince one isn't great. Fortunately you can convert them from just about anything, I suppose.

Yeah the advantage of daemon princes and spawns is the conversion possibilities are very high

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    TheGerbil wrote: »

Yeah the advantage of daemon princes and spawns is the conversion possibilities are very high

Well you have extra arms on the sprue for a reason.....

While cleaning I found I had a lizardman army? [two bags of saurus and sninks as well as a metal Carnosaur and Old one
    But looking at Gw's site I think they are going to get a update at least a new army book

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/01/04/reveals-from-the-new-year-open-day-2020gw-homepage-post-1/

New Ogor trappers for underworlds and a Chaos v. Undead campaign book.

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Given that I’m in the throes of building a bonereapers army, put me down in the excite category

Also into the Warcry monsters - will grab those

• NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/01/04/reveals-from-the-new-year-open-day-2020gw-homepage-post-1/

New Ogor trappers for underworlds and a Chaos v. Undead campaign book.

So, this guy to become the new hunter model basically.

On a similar note, if you can grab Zarbags gitz, the models in there work great as a shaman and a loonboss, for cheaper than separately.

• SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    SharpyVII wrote: »

Honestly hope they can’t/haven’t come up with a better name. Seriously, put Warhammer: Pointy Aelves on the shelf GW!
    Hell, just as a limited edition–it would sell out so fast…

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
    My first and still favourite Warhammer army are high elves, so this has me excited

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    One of my club mates has been a big High Elf guy forever so he is excited.

u7stthr17eud.png
    I hope they're not too 'high' high elves, I like AoS most when they can really push the design out to extremes, but there is an interesting angle with Teclis able to create his own 'ideal' society from the ground up, with all the fatal hidden flaws I'd expect from such a thing!

I got to play a sneaky little AoS game this afternoon, my local store had to downsize its table space so I've not had much chance to play above 1000pts in weeks, so it was nice to get a more full list on the table.
    Katakros is smaller than I imagined he was!

qkupxc6d9v6w.jpg

edited January 2020
    Damn. That cloak on the Keeper.

Regarding high elves. Well they weren't that high to begin with often even back in Fantasy. Lots of arrogance and intrigues and a bunch of dark cults under the surface with the swordmasters fighting a secret war against them and such.

On the model side it would be nice if they went back to the really old metal models for inspiration a bit,which judging by the concept art they used for the trailers they might do, when high elves weren't quite as clean and regimemted but had a bunch of models with fur cloaks and feathers and such.

honovere on
  • tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    That is a beautiful Keeper. Especially the cloak and the NMM gold.

Damn. That cloak on the Keeper.

Regarding high elves. Well they weren't that high to begin with often even back in Fantasy. Lots of arrogance and intrigues and a bunch of dark cults under the surface with the swordmasters fighting a secret war against them and such.

On the model side it would be nice if they went back to the really old metal models for inspiration a bit,which judging by the concept art they used for the trailers they might do, when high elves weren't quite as clean and regimemted but had a bunch of models with fur cloaks and feathers and such.

I meant more visually really, lore-wise I'm head-canon-ing half the time anyway, I'd prefer it if this new army did not look like a WHFB army with updated sculpts, essentially, I'd rather see a new space explore. Not that I'm particularly bothered, the AoS mini designers have been knocking out of the park with every release.

Thank you for the complements! It's certainly the mini I'm most proud of doing so far, though I'm glad the Slaanesh nerfs mean I don't need three of them anymore, it took quite a while to paint!

• [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    I hope they're not too 'high' high elves, I like AoS most when they can really push the design out to extremes, but there is an interesting angle with Teclis able to create his own 'ideal' society from the ground up, with all the fatal hidden flaws I'd expect from such a thing!

I got to play a sneaky little AoS game this afternoon, my local store had to downsize its table space so I've not had much chance to play above 1000pts in weeks, so it was nice to get a more full list on the table.
    Katakros is smaller than I imagined he was!

qkupxc6d9v6w.jpg

Since their boss is feeling blue, I guess the bonereapers lost?

Sic transit gloria mundi.
    My first and still favourite Warhammer army are high elves, so this has me excited

I had my brother watch it. He is curious but said from the drawings and the silhouette it looks like a hybrid of dark/high elves. The silhouette has some looks in common with the dark elf sorcerer.

But he is happy not all of his armies are doomed to history. Still like he said he wants to know more about them and if the satyr elves

• pardzhpardzh Registered User regular
    Found a perfect warband/small points carrier:
    xbj4nzqazonl.jpg

It even has a top w a handle!
    y81vvbuw3fj4.jpg

gt: Bobby2Socks | steam: Billy Boot-Snatcher

You talk clean and bomb hospitals, so I speak with the foulest mouth possible
  • ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Been working on a Keeper of Secrets myself, but it's not as good as edit: @Halos Nach Tariff 's

Tj8OY0l.jpg

Also wish I hadn't decided on crematorians for my Bonercast Eternals, because painting the internal fire is a pain in the ass

TOQ8JwJ.jpg

Extreaminatus on
    edited January 2020
    The keeper looks awesome.

I feel for you with the bonercasts. Doing that effect for rank and file troops must be something.

With pointy eaelves being teased, I'm tempted to go and try something like the old high elf army book covers with the blue armour. With contrast over metal that could look interesting.

honovere on
  • DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    So, I am finalizing my Mawtribe. I am split at 2k points, do I keep a group of 12 ogors, and have a group of 2/2 mournfang packs, or 2 groups of 6 ogors and a 4 group of mournfangs? I thought a group of 4 mournfangs would be too hard to maneuver in combat, and the 12 group of ogors would give a good first charge bonus for MW's.

Here's the list right now, this is literally the only models I own besides an extra tyrant.
    Allegiance: Ogor Mawtribes
    - Mawtribe: Bloodgullet

Leaders
    Butcher (140)
    - Tenderiser
    - Lore of Gutmagic: Blood Feast
    Butcher (140)
    - Cleaver
    - Lore of Gutmagic: Greasy Deluge
    Frostlord on Stonehorn (400)
    - General
    - Trait: Nice Drop of the Red Stuff!
    - Artefact: Splatter-cleaver
    - Mount Trait: Metalcruncher
    Tyrant (160)
    - Big Name: Fateseeker (TBD, I'm not 100% on this)

Battleline
    2 x Mournfang Pack (140)
    - Gargant Hackers
    2 x Mournfang Pack (140)
    - Gargant Hackers
    12 x Ogor Gluttons (400)
    - Pairs of Clubs or Blades

Units
    1 x Ironblaster (240)
    1 x Ironblaster (240)
    4 x Leadbelchers (160)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
    Balewind Vortex (40)

Total: 1960 / 2000
    Extra Command Points: 0
    Allies: 0 / 400
    Wounds: 141

I'm 40 points short, what extra endless spell should I include if any? Is there any reason to put the ironblasters together? I feel like the amount of drops is going to kill me either way.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Been working on a Keeper of Secrets myself, but it's not as good as [expletive_deleted]'s

If you're talking about the KoS a few posts above, I'm afraid I can't take credit for it. That one belongs to Halos Nach Tariff.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
    So, I am finalizing my Mawtribe. I am split at 2k points, do I keep a group of 12 ogors, and have a group of 2/2 mournfang packs, or 2 groups of 6 ogors and a 4 group of mournfangs? I thought a group of 4 mournfangs would be too hard to maneuver in combat, and the 12 group of ogors would give a good first charge bonus for MW's.

Here's the list right now, this is literally the only models I own besides an extra tyrant.
    Allegiance: Ogor Mawtribes
    - Mawtribe: Bloodgullet

Leaders
    Butcher (140)
    - Tenderiser
    - Lore of Gutmagic: Blood Feast
    Butcher (140)
    - Cleaver
    - Lore of Gutmagic: Greasy Deluge
    Frostlord on Stonehorn (400)
    - General
    - Trait: Nice Drop of the Red Stuff!
    - Artefact: Splatter-cleaver
    - Mount Trait: Metalcruncher
    Tyrant (160)
    - Big Name: Fateseeker (TBD, I'm not 100% on this)

Battleline
    2 x Mournfang Pack (140)
    - Gargant Hackers
    2 x Mournfang Pack (140)
    - Gargant Hackers
    12 x Ogor Gluttons (400)
    - Pairs of Clubs or Blades

Units
    1 x Ironblaster (240)
    1 x Ironblaster (240)
    4 x Leadbelchers (160)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
    Balewind Vortex (40)

Total: 1960 / 2000
    Extra Command Points: 0
    Allies: 0 / 400
    Wounds: 141

I'm 40 points short, what extra endless spell should I include if any? Is there any reason to put the ironblasters together? I feel like the amount of drops is going to kill me either way.

I think 2/2 on Mournfangs with a 12 model block of Gluttons will probably be your best shot, though if it's an option I find Mournfang tend to perform best with the ironfist weapon option rather than the big swords, especially as two model dart units.

Don't forget your wizards can choose an extra spell each in the Bloodgullet tribe too. For endless spell points fillers Prismatic Pallisade is an interesting tool to have in a list, though a little unreliable at its intended function due to how easy it is to dispel. Soulsnare Shackles can be handy too, allowing you to lock a non-flying monster in place.

I'm not sold on Ironblasters in general (though you could consider taking Blubbergrub Stench as one of your extra spells and using that to supplement their damage output in combat), but I think they only come in units of 1 anyway, so you couldn't drop them together regardless.

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    ironblasters are massively overcosted imo

their point cost is so high because they're a shooting unit that has good melee but doesn't really do well at either and can get bogged down way too easily

personally I think you're better off taking 3 units of leadbelchers for the same cost

edited January 2020
    The keeper looks awesome.

I feel for you with the bonercasts. Doing that effect for rank and file troops must be something.

With pointy eaelves being teased, I'm tempted to go and try something like the old high elf army book covers with the blue armour. With contrast over metal that could look interesting.

I did an old green glaze over grey knights steel
    bxlxt5mgzeh2.png

I am going to redo the flesh as I painted that first and it was gloppy and old {elf flesh of the old citadel paints}

I want to do the pale demonettes. But doing that on larger models like Azazel would fit but having a sea of white flesh with black armor. I feel I am going to do wild hair colors to just break it up bringing a sense of individuality but a coherent look.

Brainleech on
    Been working on a Keeper of Secrets myself, but it's not as good as [expletive_deleted]'s

If you're talking about the KoS a few posts above, I'm afraid I can't take credit for it. That one belongs to Halos Nach Tariff.

Such is the price of phone poasting

PiptheFair wrote: »
    ironblasters are massively overcosted imo

their point cost is so high because they're a shooting unit that has good melee but doesn't really do well at either and can get bogged down way too easily

personally I think you're better off taking 3 units of leadbelchers for the same cost

also, theres one more option(and it's something that I think everybody should know about ogors)

take a 40 or 60 man squad of gnoblars, use the tyrant command ability on them, then run them to a point and promptly forget about them

for 200/270 points you essentially hold a point forever unless your opponent commits overwhelming force to dislodge them because it's nearly impossible to kill that man units without battleshock

They are massively overcosted, I dont really like leadbelchers either, but they're what I got. :) I would consider building a squad of gnoblars from the sprues I got, but I want to avoid literally any kind of horde movement with this force. I already play pestilens and its plague monks all the way down.

I didnt forget the extra spells, the warscroll builder doesn't make some stuff show up correctly. I'll make those defensive changes to the mournfangs and keep them in a group of 2/2.

steam_sig.png
    They are massively overcosted, I dont really like leadbelchers either, but they're what I got. :) I would consider building a squad of gnoblars from the sprues I got, but I want to avoid literally any kind of horde movement with this force. I already play pestilens and its plague monks all the way down.

I didnt forget the extra spells, the warscroll builder doesn't make some stuff show up correctly. I'll make those defensive changes to the mournfangs and keep them in a group of 2/2.

gotcha!

I'm not a big fan of belchers either, but the do a pretty good job of shoring up flanks

I'd rather just take more ironguts tbqh

I could actually take a second tyrant over the 4 leadbelchers, but I'm not 100% thats the smart move and 4 bodies would be better than the 1 in this case.

steam_sig.png
    Yeah, I don't see much value in running two tyrants at present, one is okay for the CA, but in your list you only have the one unit to bully and his combat power is a bit too swingy to double down on. Leadbelchers aren't, like, incredible or anything, but they can do some work still.

• pardzhpardzh Registered User regular
    I played a game against a guy with Fyreslayer dice and uh... I wish he hadn't used them. Those novelty dice are hardly functional to someone who hasn't stared at them for hours.

gt: Bobby2Socks | steam: Billy Boot-Snatcher

You talk clean and bomb hospitals, so I speak with the foulest mouth possible
    pardzh wrote: »
    I played a game against a guy with Fyreslayer dice and uh... I wish he hadn't used them. Those novelty dice are hardly functional to someone who hasn't stared at them for hours.

Yeah I really like the design of some of the dice, but some of them I stared at for 5 minutes and couldn't tell what was on the face of them.

steam_sig.png
    I have the full set of the eldar dice I just use them for wound markers and for psychic stuff. I got the squid dice but I have yet to use them you can feel they are bouncy in the package. I feel if I got anymore of the themed dice I will just use them for markers like I do with the eldar ones

the squig dice are a neat over-costed gimmick that are HORRIBLE to actually use

I love them a bunch though

This discussion has been closed.