As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WH40K] Big Preview Tomorrow!

• LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    Need to see the rules to know what's different. It's nice that she's not Tau Sept only now.

I'll get one eventually to paint up in Farsight colors and add to my army just for the amusing lore implications, lol.

• TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    Lanlaorn wrote: »
    Need to see the rules to know what's different. It's nice that she's not Tau Sept only now.

I'll get one eventually to paint up in Farsight colors and add to my army just for the amusing lore implications, lol.

Oh it does call out that she doesn't like farsight in the text at the very bottom of the web page article

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Fun little callback in the Arco kit.
    On the right there is a model with the number 1427. It's Damien 1427 from Inquisitor. He has the right mask and everything.

• Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    He’s specifically mentioned in the AS codex, not entirely surprised he’s there, but yeah it was neat seeing him show up.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    I'm disappointed we didn't get any previews for Ritual of the Damned. Next week, I suppose.

Those new Sister models look snazzy. That Battle Sanctum is gorrrrrgeous.

No-Quarter on
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I am super curious about T-Sons. Also DA player's tears.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I am far more curious about the Grey Knights than anyone else in that book

• KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEVzZ-rraVw

Huh. Tyranids or Stealth suits, not sure, but I think these would be kinda interesting to use for... something.

• StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    KiTA wrote: »

Huh. Tyranids or Stealth suits, not sure, but I think these would be kinda interesting to use for... something.

Isn't she the one that got hit with a claim from green stuff world because of the colorshift paint?

I've been wanting to see what Vallejo's colorshift paint was like.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »

Isn't she the one that got hit with a claim from green stuff world because of the colorshift paint?

There's a post about it in the comments under the video. She apparently was able to get in touch with the companies and work things out, hence the video being available again.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    edited January 2020
    H3Knuckles wrote: »

There's a post about it in the comments under the video. She apparently was able to get in touch with the companies and work things out, hence the video being available again.

Awesome, I thought it was so absurd when I heard about that.

I have a problem with collecting paints. I have all of the green stuff world colorshift paints and I kind of want to get these vallejo ones now. I also want some of the ones that turbo dork sells.

I have no idea when I'd ever even use like a quarter of these paints though.

Stragint on
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

edited January 2020
    Yeah, GSW filed a copyright claim with YouTube over a trademark dispute (which, for the lols, is IIRC actually a criminal offence under the DMCA) and YT’s automated system upheld it despite Sword n’ Steele being an uninvolved third party because it’s automated and dumb. Then everyone and their dog went bugnuts at GSW who withdrew the claim in fairly short order and YT restored the video. GSW may have lost custom over this.
    For extra irony, Green Stuff World doesn’t own the Green Stuff name and may only be getting away with their current name because it’s already incredibly close to generic.

Mr_Rose on
    The new sororitas dice look really nice but also really hard to read.

• Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    The new sororitas dice look really nice but also really hard to read.

Continuing the trend of novelty dice then.

Gonna get some, use them as the miracle dice. The ‘real’ miracle dice are too nice (as dice) not to use.

The local Gw store still has a few of the Sisters box as well as some other interesting things. I know people said the models in it are only going to be in the box. But is the codex the same as what will come out next week?

• VikingViking Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Brainleech wrote: »
    The local Gw store still has a few of the Sisters box as well as some other interesting things. I know people said the models in it are only going to be in the box. But is the codex the same as what will come out next week?

As far as I am aware the box Codex has a unique (to the box) cover, all of the content in the codex other than the cover art will be exactly the same.

Viking on
    steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular

If the only way to get the codex was in the $210 limited edition box set... you would've _heard_ about it by now. :biggrin:

If the only way to get the codex was in the $210 limited edition box set... you would've _heard_ about it by now. :biggrin:

cough I was fired and looking for a job as well as starving from Nov-dec

• SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    "Colorshift" is a term that has been used in the automotive painting industry for decades, it should have never been attributed to a single company.

So last night I looked at the various 40k trade pages on facebook and asked 2 of them if someone was willing to trade a Transuranic Arquebus for the legs
    I was told by at least 5 different people I was asking for too little in trade. I saw none of the guns on ebay so I don't know what the going rate is

edited January 2020
    So last night I looked at the various 40k trade pages on facebook and asked 2 of them if someone was willing to trade a Transuranic Arquebus for the legs
    I was told by at least 5 different people I was asking for too little in trade. I saw none of the guns on ebay so I don't know what the going rate is

Last time I saw a listing it was $10.

Nevermind, there is one being sold from the UK that is almost $15. If shipping wasn't $11 I'd grab it.

Stragint on

Nevermind, there is one being sold from the UK that is almost $15. If shipping wasn't $11 I'd grab it.

I saw that after I looked it up again
    My ebay is being weird as I cannot look at the other items or stores of people overseas

• TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    GW is the company that thought that they could copyright "Space Marine". So yeah, that sounds 100% on brand.

• VikingViking Registered User regular
    the Colour Shift thing? that wasn't GW. that was Green Stuff World

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular

My ebay is being weird as I cannot look at the other items or stores of people overseas

Change the users/shop url to ebay.co.uk instead of .com, then change it back to .com on the item when you want to bid on something. Most of the stuff you can see this way doesn't show up on .com because they don't have USA shipping prices set.

akirasig.jpg

Change the users/shop url to ebay.co.uk instead of .com, then change it back to .com on the item when you want to bid on something. Most of the stuff you can see this way doesn't show up on .com because they don't have USA shipping prices set.

I do that but it doesn't work most of the time. I had thought because they don't want to send overseas> I know there was a time you could set up items on ebay to only be seen by people in certain eras but that was years ago

Colorshift paints are so cool but so hard to find something to use them on.

This one from Turbo Dork looks so cool but what would I ever use that on? I need to buy more imperial knights and just make an army of colorshift craziness.

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    I feel like Tau stealthsuits, Deldar, Eldar Corsairs, Harlequins, and pretty much anything Tzeentch or Slaanesh would be good candidates for colorshift paint schemes.

Oh, and Tyranid. After all, there's a lot of beetles with iridescent carapaces.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    edited January 2020
    Another thought: I haven't seen a paint with this color combo, but a black (or very dark metallic grey) shifting to metallic dark green would work as a not-quite-traditional paint scheme for Necron heavy constructs and vehicles.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    Another thought: I haven't seen a paint with this color combo, but a black (or very dark metallic grey) shifting to metallic dark green would work as a not-quite-traditional paint scheme for Necron heavy constructs and vehicles.

I saw someone do that but they used model car paint to do it. This is why I was confused when how did they do it since I thought it was green and gradings of black

• No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    TryCatcher wrote: »
    GW is the company that thought that they could copyright "Space Marine". So yeah, that sounds 100% on brand.

That's actually why they changed naming conventions to be more unique.

Hence Imperial Guard becoming Astra Militarum, etc.

• BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    There's apparently a blurb about the Necron Silent King coming in the next White Dwarf. I wonder if it's just lore or something else....

I can't imagine them being in Psychic Awakening, though, given the lack of psykers.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    There's apparently a blurb about the Necron Silent King coming in the next White Dwarf. I wonder if it's just lore or something else....

I can't imagine them being in Psychic Awakening, though, given the lack of psykers.

Pretty sure they already confirmed Necrons will be in the psychic awakening. Doesn't mean they are awakening ti psychic powers though.

I did hope a silent king model drops, that would be tight.

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    FAQs for Blood of Baal and Faith and Fury are up. Nothing major. But they did confirm that Alpha Legion's blow up strat does work if they roll over a 6+. Which is of course it did. Also you can use Red Butchers on a WE termi character. Which is neat. You can get a really nasty lord out of that.

u7stthr17eud.png

Pretty sure they already confirmed Necrons will be in the psychic awakening. Doesn't mean they are awakening ti psychic powers though.

I did hope a silent king model drops, that would be tight.

I feel that is the rumored 60mm based necron we are getting

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Well, just had my first experience with an early resin era model and oof

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular

I've bought one set of finecast models ever.

Never. Again.

According to the WD preview on warcom just lore.

Burnage wrote: »

I've bought one set of finecast models ever.

Never. Again.

They came out when I was quiting when I came back they had them in more of the lesser selling minis
    Still of the few I got they are a pain. But it's also odd to play with plastic minis and pick up a weight of a metal one