As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Secret Satans 2019 - Perfect gifting! See you next year!

• CelloCello Registered User regular
    Satan, sorry for the belated post but I got a new package on Friday from you and haven't had the chance to take photos! Incoming tomorrow!

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    My Satan is better than you, and you know it > Perrsun 1

Blackhawk1313 > Fearghaill 1
    JimBobtheMonkey > Centipede Damascus 1 > Noggin 1
    N1tSt4lker > Goose! 1? 2 3
    Taya > QuickSnap 1

? > Skeith 1 2 > Brolo 1 2 > MulysaSempronius 1 > Cristoval 1 > Moriveth 1 2> Bucketman 1 2 3 > Veldrin 1
    ? > Lasbrook 1 > Naphtali 1 2 > Pinfeldorf 1 2
    ? > Cello 1 2
    ? > Tofystedeth 1 2 > Tynic 1 > Brovid Hasselsmof 1 2 3
    ? > Lalabox 1 2
    ? > KetBra 1
    ? > DrZiplock 1 2
    ? > Janson 1 > iloveslimes 1 > Lost Salient 1
    ? > The Hanged Man 1
    ? > Slacker71 1 2
    ? > Ladybug2332 1 > #pipe 1 2 > Xaquin 1 2 3 > Tonkka 1 2

DrZiplock 2018 > BlakeT (2018+1) 1

Perrsun on
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    Also Superman. When I was doing the two year mormon missionary thing in southern Colorado and western Kansas, I met quite a few Europeans and Australians, mostly other missionaries in their early 20s, who were pretty bummed out that Smallville wasn't a real place that they could visit.

man if I was a village or town mayor in Kansas I would totally rename it to Smallville to lure in tourists

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metropolis,_Illinois

They have a big Superman Statue and everything

• LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    So

a bit ago i received a card

from Canada!

lpH8Lfr.jpg?1

bIDJzd3.jpg?1

A big thanks to my secret satan @Cello

I really really did like the socks, and I'm really excited to do a lot more cooking from the Sean Brock Book.

Sorry it's often taken me a bit of time to upload the photos and post about it, but I'm genuinely chuffed with what you've sent me.

I hope you have a lovely year.

• RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    that card is adorable

8406wWN.png
    Doubly good news from my perspective:
    The package I sent has cleared customs in the destination country!

And on an incoming note, I seem to have received yet another Dark Gift! Details to follow later. :)

Lalabox wrote: »
    So

a bit ago i received a card

from Canada!

lpH8Lfr.jpg?1

bIDJzd3.jpg?1

A big thanks to my secret satan @Cello

I really really did like the socks, and I'm really excited to do a lot more cooking from the Sean Brock Book.

Sorry it's often taken me a bit of time to upload the photos and post about it, but I'm genuinely chuffed with what you've sent me.

I hope you have a lovely year.

I'm glad you liked what you got so far! (There's more on the way!) I had to make sure you at least got one pair of dog socks after last year.

I sent a second book back with the first, and I'll have to hunt down what happened to it - hopefully you'll get it soon!

Steam
    Today, a box arrived. This thing had some heft to it... and for good reason: inside was a big ol hunk of of iron:
    dWRo2rPl.jpg

A cast iron pan to cook my food upon hell’s own flames and a set of bamboo socks.

This is great because my current pan has been sticking to food, and this gives me an opportunity to try out something new and cool. And socks are always appreciated. :)

There was a first name on the gift notes, but no forum name. Thank you, Satan!

I have that exact pan and it is a good pan

so i checked my mailbox and all i found was summons for jury duty for a 12 week trial

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    so i checked my mailbox and all i found was summons for jury duty for a 12 week trial

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas!

this would actually be a really cool thing to do atm

i'd leave the job that i hate and get a bunch of experience before I get admitted as a lawyer and get barred from ever being on a jury

It turns out it's kind of hard to take pictures of gloves on both hands while holding the camera, so

Behold! Gloves!
    Real red leather gloves from Straight to Hell! Which feels very thematically appropriate.

2wnvdlim03nt.jpeg

I've worn the hell out of them since opening that box! They work amazingly well with my leather/pleather jackets and have been excellent to have .... Heh..... On-hand for when I've had to clear snow.

Thanks, Satan!!

Steam
  • VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Oh gosh, I’m so relieved they actually arrived! The tracker had been sitting at the distribution center since around Christmas which was driving me up the wall.

I’m glad you like them!

Also hi it’s me!

Veldrin wrote: »
    Oh gosh, I’m so relieved they actually arrived! The tracker had been sitting at the distribution center since around Christmas which was driving me up the wall.

I’m glad you like them!

Also hi it’s me!

It's you!!!

Thanks so much!!! Excellent gifting, good work! I've used that sugar scrub so much already, it rules, and I'm very excited to use the Flora kit soon!

Steam
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Straight to Hell advertises to me all the time and I've ogled some very similar gloves myself (but also I can't buy gloves online because I have weird hands)

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Straight to Hell advertises to me all the time and I've ogled some very similar gloves myself (but also I can't buy gloves online because I have weird hands)

They're called tentacles.

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »

They're called tentacles.

Not yet they're not.

I've been eyeing these weird finger extending puppet gloves that would give me like foot long fingers lately. For costumes and stuff, obviously - it's the one thing I always want to be able to do and can't really do practically, because I need to be able to use my hands to do stuff.

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Seriously look at these things they're incredible

nEavAmj.jpg?1

https://gary-fay-creations.myshopify.com/

He has videos and stuff of him wearing them on his Facebook page also, they seem extremely good

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Straightzi phone home

• JimBobtheMonkeyJimBobtheMonkey Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Today when I came home for lunch a pair of boxes was waiting on my porch. I opened one up and discovered that it was a gift!
    ODuzWAdl.jpg

I wanted to have something to look forward to at the end of the day, so I restrained myself from digging any deeper into the parcels. When I got home from work, I dived in.

Inside the first box... a bag! With a note!
    CTYqneUl.jpg
    sek5VN9l.jpg

Oh my, what could it be!
    Another box!
    kxwDvtZl.jpg

Inside that box...A sous vide cooker!!!!
    1Fz6uGrl.jpg

This is amazing! Thank you Satan! Many victims will meet their tender, juicy end with this device, innocent and guilty alike.

But wait there is more!
    Another note
    hM6w7ZGl.jpg

Tiny whisks!
    1npO8yul.jpg
    Awesome!

Oh shit, there is still another box!
    More mysterious messages:
    67KXtkPl.jpg
    FJFHleYl.jpg

A container and lid to sous vide in!
    mvNTt4rl.jpg

I can't thank you enough Satan. The last week has been extra rough, and this brightened up my day quite a bit.

Bonus pic of my little demon making use of my new instruments
    OwmYQ2fl.jpg

JimBobtheMonkey on
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    JimBob please return my cat to me. Do not cook him.

steam_sig.png
  • N1tSt4lkerN1tSt4lker Registered User regular
    FYI to my Satan: I have in fact received several packages, but have failed to post pictures! Because the rest of my break just vanished so fast! I will endeavor to rectify this this evening!

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    That is an extremely handsome cat.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    Oh my god look at that little satan's helper!! That's a damn fine cat, JimBob.

• N1tSt4lkerN1tSt4lker Registered User regular
    Okay!
    A package!
    TPbJVCX.jpg?1
    Inside:
    a card--
    Ca3WCdm.jpg?1
    and some delightful earrings--
    nEj9UqU.jpg?1
    oHXNgHm.jpg?1

A second package!
    v3xq3qh.jpg?1
    Inside:
    a note--
    gmxD6ZU.jpg?1
    and a book I've been wanting--
    Kb4lFIe.jpg?1

a third package?!
    CYSSGOc.jpg?1
    Inside:
    another book I've been wanting--
    x7XhhTm.jpg?1

I thiiiink those are all the ones? None had a name, and I also participate in D&D Secret Santa, so please let me know if something is missing because I may have misattributed it in the other thread.

Anyway, all of these things are fantastic! Thank you so much!

imma send a final package since i saw a really good deal

• CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    I just wanted to show what my Satans generous deposit into my Etsy account got me!

iap_640x640.2119003282_dq22veji.jpg?version=0
    (photo not mine)

Aaaaawww jeeeeeeeaaah!! A crank knob replica! These things are hard to track down in the wild and I didn't want to have to sand down yet another 3D printed part! This is the best they got goin'!

It goes on top of the proton pack as seen here! It turns and stuff!

6c1e59a3a9d9bb2337ce587ad5f21863.jpg
    (photo also not mine)

THIS IS IMPORTANT TO ME.

• ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    kbqnokbg1yad.jpg

I got home to find it today, and the first thing I saw was the game and I was like 'aaaaaaaah my son is going to be so happy after I beat it first it's my DS'

The next thing I noticed was the Binging with Babish book, I looked through it and damn that is a nice book. I watched him for the first time well after I made that list, and edited in there quick just in case, there was still time! After seeing the post just a few above mine I wish I'd thought to put tiny whisks on there too.

The next thing I saw was a book light which... I needed a book light, and it looks really nice. It has three settings: "dim," "regular," and "render itself ironically useless."

I pulled out the Fiendship is Magic book when I got home with my son, and he immediately wanted it read to him. So we sat down to the first two stories, and the first story in there is Sombra's, which is the one he had really wanted it for. In a way, the show (and a lot of kids' media these days, I guess) really represents evil is a thing you do, not a thing you are, and in this friendship is the deus ex machina that can fix most things. As much as he talks about someone or something being evil when he plays, the concept has often been presented to him as a thing you can always stop doing. Sombra is literally a thing of evil, that's what he is. Maybe friendship could have saved him if he'd been given information about himself by people who knew, but that's not what happens because it's the origin story for one of the worst, most evil and least repentant villains in the show. He does a horrible thing, and my son wasn't prepared for him to do it, and certainly didn't expect that he wouldn't want to fix it right away when offered the chance. Tirek's story, however, surprised no one. Left are the sirens, Nightmare Moon (not sure what ground there is left to tread there), and Queen Chrysalis.

All of that becomes much more complicated when mixed with a very excited 3-year-old climbing my face and yelling in my ear "THIS IS MY MY LITTLE PONY BOOK!" "IT'S PRINCESS CADENCE!" "TWILIGHT SPARKLE!" "THERE'S A HEART!" "IT'S PRINCESS LUNA!" "CAN I TURN THE PAGE" "I WANT TO TURN THE PAGE" "IS THAT TIREK"

After I got everything else out I looked and there, waiting for me like an old friend, was Good Omens.

I couldn't find a name, but anyway thank you so much.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
    edited January 2020
    Hey @Lalabox, Book Depository has asked if you can check if the package is at your local sorting office? (If not, we'll do next steps to extremely belatedly save Christmas.)

Cello on
    Steam
  • Ladybug2332Ladybug2332 Registered User regular
    Dear Satan,

The pizza stone is amazing, pic for proof.... thank you again, so much!

0wqscyn5laqz.jpeg

Disclaimer, this is actually the second pizza we made, the first time I forgot to take a picture. But both have been amazing! 🤤🍕

• CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    Dat cheese doe

Cello wrote: »
    Hey @Lalabox, Book Depository has asked if you can check if the package is at your local sorting office? (If not, we'll do next steps to extremely belatedly save Christmas.)

I just checked with them and they don't seem to have anything for my address, sorry.

If book depository has a tracking number they might be able to check that

edited January 2020

I just checked with them and they don't seem to have anything for my address, sorry.

Apparently they are sending a new copy, but it will take 4 working days to ship, plus another 5-8 for delivery.

Happy Valentine's Day?

Edit: ahahah, wow, the best they can do is a 10 percent discount on my next order. Not even a refund for being 2 months late. Incredible.

Cello on
    Steam
  • .. Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I'll just say this now. I got these in November and December. I probably received mine first but I didn't want to make anyone feel bad, so I waited to post this.. or something.
    So.. @Noggin, thank you, thank you. And my poor back side-eyes you.

I work at a gym. I work out a gym. I'm at the gym a lot. My bag was in tatters. Now, I have a sweet ass new bag that actually holds TWO yoga mats between the handles. You wouldn't think that'd be something you look for in a gym bag but when you're the designated pack mule when your fiancee goes to your classes, it's very handy. (No pun intended.. maybe.) Also, it's kinda rainbow-y, so I can be subtly, super gay. A+

1pauny8f9jjb.jpg

ALSO, we were staying at an Airbnb in November and saw a clock like this one and knew we had to have it. Or at least a similar one. We decided against just stealing that one. It's both a delight and the bane of my sleep, as an insomniac and clock watcher. But she can see the clock much better, as it's on my side of the bed, so it's splendid. We love it. (As the picture proves, I got this way back in the beginning of December.)
    adxefn6d78mw.jpg
    And the projection that occasionally mocks me.
    t3a0d5kjxq7e.jpg

I'm not sure I appreciate having to carry around ALL of the gym stuff now but the bag is awesome. And the clock is exactly what we needed, so thank you again. You's amazing!

Gimme stuff. Please. And I don't just mean my Secret Satan.
  • NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Heh, I didn’t know the gifts would be also be a curse but I guess it fits for Satans? You’re welcome / I’m sorry? :razz:

The bag looks a lot bigger in action than it did on your wishlist!

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • .. Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Noggin wrote: »
    Heh, I didn’t know the gifts would be also be a curse but I guess it fits for Satans? You’re welcome / I’m sorry? :razz:

The bag looks a lot bigger in action than it did on your wishlist!

It was a little bigger than I was thinking (apparently listed dimensions mean nothing to me!) but it's really perfect. It's a bit like Mary Poppin's bag. It holds A LOT of stuff.

Gimme stuff. Please. And I don't just mean my Secret Satan.
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular

Apparently they are sending a new copy, but it will take 4 working days to ship, plus another 5-8 for delivery.

Happy Valentine's Day?

Edit: ahahah, wow, the best they can do is a 10 percent discount on my next order. Not even a refund for being 2 months late. Incredible.

Well, thoughts and prayers.