As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Granblue Fantasy] Arise from the grave for like, 1 more day of free pulls?

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    ph blake wrote: »
    I've managed to avoid it in Granblue, Dragalia Lost on the other hand...

I'm convinced mobage UI/inventory management is deliberately shit because market research indicates it gets people to whale more.

I mean I do have more whales than I would otherwise now.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    At least with GBF you can see the stars without having to click on the thing first.

Also I lock every single first copy of an SSR summon I get to avoid the slightest possibility of that accident.

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Next banner's been announced. It's a rate-up of every character with a New Year skin and each item will have a plus mark. It's also the banner we all get 200 draws on so good luck!

Hoping I can pull Lily. Still don't have her yet and she's apparently very good.

Madican on
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    For no double rates I guess this could have gone worse. Got some new stuff at least!

Character: Tsubasa
    Summons: Macula Marius, Gorilla, Nacht
    Gold Moon: 6

Now I've got a surprise ticket burning a hole in my pocket to decide on.

Madican on
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    So lets say for the first time ever I've sparked. Whos the best grabs? I've heard good things about Lilly

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Jesus I got 11 SSRs in total. That's almost on par with my spark. Most significant pull was Zephyrus #4. I've pulled so many of him. Glad to FLB him without needing a sunstone. I'm sitting at 260 sparks now. Should I pull 4 more times and snag wind Vira?

Artereis on
  • Options
    Bucketman wrote: »
    So lets say for the first time ever I've sparked. Whos the best grabs? I've heard good things about Lilly

Lily is great for Water and Light Charlotte is similarly excellent for Light. Zeta is also an option with her uncap coming this month if you want to gamble

• Options
    VargVarg Registered User regular
    Dark Vira, Wind Vira(Dupe), Dark Bea(Dupe)

Mukku: Arriet, Ferry, Fire Yuisis, Gawain(Dupe). Summons: Agni, Athena, Odin

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    4 Moons (somehow no dupe lily weapon though), 7 summons. 3 that are just quartz, 1 copy of Macula that I'll hold on to for now, 1 Ca Ong and 1 Raphael (can FLB both of these now).

Super happy about the Ca Ong and especially the Raphael, but most excited that I can finally pull the trigger and FLB Belial with stones, as well as bar my second Vagabond now that there is no chance of pulling a dupe. Just need to stop being lazy and FLB a cosmo spear and my BHL grid is nearly complete.

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Free Draws: 6/200 - Satan, Razia, Water Box, 3 Gold Moons

Mukku: 60 Rolls - Wind Vira, Forte, Sethlans, 4 Gold Moons

Garbage summons, kinda bottom tier characters, couple decent ones.

Sigh.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Welp, nothing much good

Though I did just get my fourth Varuna
    Glad I never sunstoned her!

• Options
    Okay, I have a surprise ticket awaiting a pick now so who should I grab.

[Water] Silva, Yngwie, Lily, Macula Marius.
    [Fire] Tabina, Societte, Colossus, Siegfried.
    [Earth] Catherine, Baal, Melleau, Ayer, Sara.
    [Wind] Carmelina, Societte, Tiamat, Stan&Aliza.
    [Light] Jeanne d'Arc, Sara.
    [Dark] Vaseraga, Veight, Zeta, Freezie, Cerberus, Nicholas.

I can also link my current box if it helps.

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    All said and done, I’m ~500 crystals away from a spark but I don’t know if I want it. Only characters on the banner I’m missing are Zeta and Wind Vira, and I’m not feeling them. On the other hand Zeta is getting a buff soon so maybe.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Uh, how many crystals total would you be spending?

I could see gambling ~6000 or so on Zeta getting a buff, anything more than that feels kinda eh unless you just really, really like Zeta.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Madican wrote: »
    Okay, I have a surprise ticket awaiting a pick now so who should I grab.

[Water] Silva, Yngwie, Lily, Macula Marius.
    [Fire] Tabina, Societte, Colossus, Siegfried.
    [Earth] Catherine, Baal, Melleau, Ayer, Sara.
    [Wind] Carmelina, Societte, Tiamat, Stan&Aliza.
    [Light] Jeanne d'Arc, Sara.
    [Dark] Vaseraga, Veight, Zeta, Freezie, Cerberus, Nicholas.

I can also link my current box if it helps.
    If you want pure power, Lily is probably the best thing on that list by far. Silva's very good for OTK if you're short there, though.
    Tabina's also good (she's Fire Yurius basically).
    Wind Socie is a nice to have but not crucial.
    Light Jeanne is fine but light sword is crowded as fuck these days.
    Nicholas is the rare Dark defensive character if you really needed him.

Everyone else is kinda eh for most uses.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Uh, how many crystals total would you be spending?

I could see gambling ~6000 or so on Zeta getting a buff, anything more than that feels kinda eh unless you just really, really like Zeta.

3k total on this.

On the other hand, a shitload of cerulean stones can be useful, short term, for short cutting some grinding

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    zyaonr4skypc.jpeg
    d7f6r4zkonh8.jpeg

Busy beaver has been busy

Edit: could have sworn that first one was the grand order sabre, but yeah that one too

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Er...why would you spend the resources to FLB Box's Sword? Are you that hard up for a Glory MH?

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    If you’re referring to Charlotta’s water sword, I’m doing what I can to build an HL Faa-san high hp grid, and have limited resources for such

Edit: not everyone here knows the fandom nicknames

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Oh god I need like, 48 astaroth anima for various random things.

At least I can full auto solo with wind now, though it is annoyingly slow since I only have 3 harps and no ULB opus (pls give bricks...).

Somehow a 22 minute full auto still feels less painful than actually doing that fight legit.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Who do you use for that? 22 minute auto sounds great to me, set it then go do something completely different

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Rising Force (mist/dispel/the nuke skill emp cause the other 2 are uselss) with Grimnir/Monkey/Grand Monika. Nio and SR Sebastian in the backline. Nio comes in sometimes after 25 because my setup isn't the best so grim or moni sometimes die, Sebastian for his 150 hp heal per turn because why not.

Grid is 3 grim harp (one as a mainhand), 3 tia guns, 1 RotB harp, 1 Opus FLB, 1 Xeno Spear, 1 FLB Reunion (though a baha dagger works just as well in this spot).

Ideally you'd have 1-2 more grimnir harps + ULB opus with the progression key to make it go faster, but this works, technically. Also I'm sure there are better classes to use than RF, but I like babymetal Djeeta and it works well enough.

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Just tried my regular fire team, unaided by co-op buffs or items, on Astaroth. Got to 50% before someone (Djeeta) died. Ran out of time at 38%.

All in all, a good run and I have a better idea of what I need to get through it.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I am a fool who didn't save enough crystals to get my spark (I need 4 more pulls damn it) and didn't have enough time/fate episodes to grind it out.

• Options
    I decided to make a second Xeno Katana as filler for my cosmo katana agni grid, but unfortunately Xeno Ifrit is being... uncooperative.

Got a drop my first NM and then nothing else. Currently at 480 Vajra after buying out the last shop katana, still need 2 more drops.

Please send help, morale is cratering to dangerous levels.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    I'm taking the opportunity to take things easy. I really am into the "god why" portions of things left to grind, which should have been self evident when I was back to doing buncle solos.

It's either that or start opting into Unius with a 1* Zephy, 2 Votvs, and a Reunion but that just seems several kinds of a bad idea.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    In the usual fashion, complaining on the internet worked and I got my two drops today.

And yeah, now that that's over I'm definitely in the "just kinda farming stuff for the sake of it" phase, with no real pressure.

Current goals, roughly in order:

1) Get Fire Faa-San HL ready, since it's the last ele that I can reasonably do the raid with (my water and earth are way too far away). Need to farm 1, maybe 2 Athena swords and I should be good? Hollowsky spear MH, 3 Ixaba, Opus, Balmung, Athena Sword x2, Ushumgal, ULB Cane should work. Definitely gonna have to run Fraux instead of Esser though; I need the dispels and healing pretty badly.

2) Fix my earth, which means actually buckling down and farming Alex for M2 weps, and also making Okto. At least the weapon and anima drop rate are a lot better now? I dunno, this'll be kinda a slow project. Or I could sack 3 more copies of Titan and decide to do the Caim grid route, but ehhhhhh.

3) More harps, both Grimnir and Europa. Pressing buttons sucks, so I kinda want to get 2 more of each to cut down on EX+ button presses for water/wind.

4) Farm an Anubis Staff, which I have completely ignored up to this point. I should have done this during magfest but didn't. Not looking to swap to highlander anything, really, but now that I have a few ULB Opus weapons I kinda want the extra bit of cap up to experiment with.

5) Continue praying for Majestas drops from Tiamat malice. I really want 1-2 more FLB copies of this so I can start soloing basically everything in the game, but oh my god does farming this thing suck. I'm at 700+ anima with still only 1 FLB. I bascially just do a train per day at this point since they go pretty fast; they'll come when they come.

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Slowbroing it myself as I pick up a Spear and Fist Xeno for Wind. Not even sure I need them since I have Windhoses but another step closer to completing the collection. Just need the two Dark Xeno weapons to return in probably six months or so at this rate to complete that one. Especially since my Dark has no EX stuff besides the side story doll.

• Options
    I have a hard time progressing because my best and most invested element is water, but I did so without having native Varuna, which makes things...problematic when considering options.

I'm probably closer than I think but I have a hard time seeing past the wall to break into LuciHL.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    If you have the right comp then water is one of the safest eles to learn Faa HL with. Europa + Lily plus a few buncles means it's hard to actually take damage, and then 5* Quatre is the last spot for grav + random debuffs. Very common for a water player to carry the parts of the raid when new players are stuck waiting for lanx.

Edit: oh, no native Varuna is kinda annoying, do you have Gabriel? Varuna/Gab is the preferred summon setup to get a few more turns of 100% cut with Europa cheese.

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    If you have the right comp then water is one of the safest eles to learn Faa HL with. Europa + Lily plus a few buncles means it's hard to actually take damage, and then 5* Quatre is the last spot for grav + random debuffs. Very common for a water player to carry the parts of the raid when new players are stuck waiting for lanx.

Edit: oh, no native Varuna is kinda annoying, do you have Gabriel? Varuna/Gab is the preferred summon setup to get a few more turns of 100% cut with Europa cheese.
    Actually, I do have Gabby! I finally lucked into her just this past roulette after striking out even after sparking on her debut banner.

I'm finishing FLB Esser this GW and then will get Quatre 2 GWs after that. And as posted before, I made both Haase and Maria because I'm some special kind of idiot, so I'll have basically all the options I could ever want roster wise.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I need to sit down and grab a xeno katana or two as well, just in case I want to build a cosmo katana for Fire

• Options
    Okay, what do I need to finish collecting to get this Sun Evoker.

- 64 Flame Astra (not sure how long this'll take)
    - 10 Shiva Omega Anima (ugh)
    - 87 Infernal Garnet (huh, Xeno is right here too)
    - 32 Hellfire Fragment (easy)
    - 48 Meditative Sutra (this looks annoying)
    - 2 Primeval Horn (so basically run Protobaha HL or whatever)

• Options
    ~2 months
    ~1 week casually
    use whale tears

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    6/6 on the T3 Buncle solos!

wy5HwKgl.pngVIImteGl.png

Still need to go back and pick off Rose Queen but that shouldn't be a big deal.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Okay, what do I need to finish collecting to get this Sun Evoker.

- 87 Infernal Garnet (huh, Xeno is right here too)
    - 32 Hellfire Fragment (easy)
    - 2 Primeval Horn (so basically run Protobaha HL or whatever)

I hope you’re not forgetting the uncap material costs, in this calculation.

z6e4igzdwuec.jpeg

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    I already have the Sun SSR. Using a spreadsheet to calculate the rest of the process

• Options
    Yes, but they linked you the Evoker uncap costs. Most of the spreadsheets I've seen don't include those.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Yes, but they linked you the Evoker uncap costs. Most of the spreadsheets I've seen don't include those.

Oh that's the Evokers themselves. Eh, not too concerned with uncapping him immediately anyway. Fire team is already super strong and he'll basically be chilling in the backline with Ten once I get around to grabbing her.