As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Best Breakfast Gruel [chat]

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Lil Dicky Dave went and got himself a TV show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckHc0pmdK1g

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    In this case, the result is a big lizard aiming a water rifle from a sniper’s nest formed out of his tail and a swirl of purple smoke. While some Pokémon like Eevee and Pikachu remain cute and cuddly even in their Gigantamax forms, Inteleon looks like he’s about to do war crimes.

This seems pretty apropos to me, IMHO

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    Lil Dicky Dave went and got himself a TV show.

[ad]

of fucking course he did

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Grits
    Parents bought a board game called Race To The Whitehouse where you campaign in 8 turns to get the electoral college. I DMed and we gave up after three weeks when we realized there are probability tables and an annoying amount of math. Fun concept though.

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    CREAM OF WHEAT

• Options
    Grits
    It was successfully kick-started but guess they didn't have any money left to maintain the website that helps interpret the hellscape that is the manual. 😂

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    Pulped newsprint
    Elendil wrote: »
    what the hell is breakfast

a miserable pile of oats

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Inteleon was the second shooter on the grassy knoll

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Oatmeal (rolled oats)
    Extra-thick oatmeal with cream, strawberries, and jam plz

Very hobbit
    Much shire
    Such westfarthing
    Wow

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Malt-o-meal
    Cream of wheat!

With brown sugar, and dried cranberries

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Some weird shit I never heard of from, like, Slovakia
    Protein powder, fiber supplement, raspberries, flax, chia seed smoothie

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Hm, we're determining a date, and this girl asked me if I want to go see 1917. But I really don't want to watch a movie where they make a real war look like it was exciting and have nice clean CGI and costuming and dramatic acting where like we feel any other emotion but pure disgust and terror and a deep, deep, impenetrable sadness. Like it looks like the kind of movie where even dirt looks clean and they'll try to give the characters some legitimate human connection but it will be made out of plastic like when you tell someone to draw a tree and they draw the idea of a tree instead.

Would it be rude to tell her this and suggest Knives Out instead or now do I have to go see 1917 because I feel an obligation to try to form an actual connection with another human being and I feel kind of bad for her because I'm pretty sure she's doing this to feel less bad about herself because some other guy (who's joining the Space Force?) snubbed her but also I don't think she'll appreciate how far gone I am as, like, a person who can't emotionally tolerate very fundamental aspects of society and is constantly angry in the "I can't justify to myself just continuing to get on with my life anymore and am actually beginning to feel like maybe doing so is morally wrong" but maybe she just wants to get laid to feel desirable? And in which case I guess I can relate and we can do each other a good turn, but also if she demands literally anything from me beyond what I explicitly want to half-muster into the absolutely laziest form of validation I can manage that still says "I at least really do care about you in the abstract as a human being but will never be able to come close to mustering the kind of emotional response to anything you do or say that is generally expected out of a person in a relationship because I eat through my emotional storehouse every day just insulating myself from the awful truths around me that I accidentally forgot how to ignore"

• Options
    Grits
    That's way above my pay grade. I would say watch a cute animated movie.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Hmm I wanna talk to a friend about something but at the same time I feel like I would hurt their feelings cause Im not really a light touch kind of person.

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Oatmeal (steel cut oats)
    Winky wrote: »
    Hm, we're determining a date, and this girl asked me if I want to go see 1917. But I really don't want to watch a movie where they make a real war look like it was exciting and have nice clean CGI and costuming and dramatic acting where like we feel any other emotion but pure disgust and terror and a deep, deep, impenetrable sadness. Like it looks like the kind of movie where even dirt looks clean and they'll try to give the characters some legitimate human connection but it will be made out of plastic like when you tell someone to draw a tree and they draw the idea of a tree instead.

Would it be rude to tell her this and suggest Knives Out instead or now do I have to go see 1917 because I feel an obligation to try to form an actual connection with another human being and I feel kind of bad for her because I'm pretty sure she's doing this to feel less bad about herself because some other guy (who's joining the Space Force?) snubbed her but also I don't think she'll appreciate how far gone I am as, like, a person who can't emotionally tolerate very fundamental aspects of society and is constantly angry in the "I can't justify to myself just continuing to get on with my life anymore and am actually beginning to feel like maybe doing so is morally wrong" but maybe she just wants to get laid to feel desirable? And in which case I guess I can relate and we can do each other a good turn, but also if she demands literally anything from me beyond what I explicitly want to half-muster into the absolutely laziest form of validation I can manage that still says "I at least really do care about you in the abstract as a human being but will never be able to come close to mustering the kind of emotional response to anything you do or say that is generally expected out of a person in a relationship because I eat through my emotional storehouse every day just insulating myself from the awful truths around me that I accidentally forgot how to ignore"

Just tell her you've heard really good things about Knives Out and not as good things about 1917 and offer it instead.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    What the fuck is a grit.

• Options
    All my entertainment turns to ash in my mouth.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    What the fuck is a grit.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I haven't watched it but the tone of 1917 looked more like Dunkirk than Midway. I can't imagine going through the effort of making a single take movie to make generic jingoism

• Options
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »

Just tell her you've heard really good things about Knives Out and not as good things about 1917 and offer it instead.

I may

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Rice
    Best breakfast is egg fried rice (substitute egg with crumbled tofu if not eating eggs) with an inadvisable amount of sriracha

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    i have the worst idea

spoiler'd for mtg
    make latern control an officially supported archetype
    and give it to white

edit: no kobold, you're gonna live with your shitty posts and you're gonna like 'em

A Kobold's Kobold on
  • Options
    Grits
    What the fuck is a grit.
    You live in the South!

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    Pulped newsprint
    Best breakfast is crab cake eggs Benedict, prove me wrong you can’t

• Options
    What the fuck is a grit.
    You live in the South!

I'm assuming Spool is trolling us, TBH

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Grits
    What the fuck is a grit.
    You live in the South!
    Please, you're upsetting and confusing Spool, who is a yankee Democrat just like he's always been

Now, Spool, let's eat your chia soy breakfast pudding, just like mom used to make, you remember

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/pWC0sKCS5oA

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    Pulped newsprint
    I had grits last night but it was for dinner

Also I like hipster grains and I’m not ashamed

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Pulped newsprint
    Gimme those coarse grits that take an hour to cook idgaf

VishNub on
  • Options
    Pulped newsprint
    Spool you should try/visit Anson Mills

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    It’s grits guys

plural

always plural

even if theres only one

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    *shovels keto spam*

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    I didn't realise that steel cut oats were different to rolled oats.

I've only encountered steel cut oats in American hotel breakfasts though so I just assumed it contained no meaning

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Oatmeal (rolled oats)
    What brought this whole thing on was

I wanted to make no bake cookies so i was at the Trader Joe’s and they had rolled oatmeal and steel cut and I never had steel cut so I figured I’d try it but then I realized it wouldn’t work in the cookies so then I made a pot and it took forever so I wondered if anyone actually liked them or not.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I don’t know what half of these are but I assume we’re talking about porridges.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    The best porridges are the fancy multigrain bad boys.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Oatmeal (rolled oats)
    I’m on a rewatch of LOST and I always forget how much emotional impact the season 3 finale has.
    NOT PENNY’S BOAT

Followed by “We have to go back, Kate!”

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Poster got approved!

Not my best work but fuck, it was a 3 day turnaround.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
This discussion has been closed.