As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

KRANCH [bad food]

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I wonder how Apple cider vinegar would taste on fries?

Because I don't like malt vinegar.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I think I'm allergic to je ne sais quoi. I generally swap it out for some extra voila when I'm doing French cooking.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    I should try black vinegar on fries

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    I wonder how Apple cider vinegar would taste on fries?

Because I don't like malt vinegar.

Have a crack and report back!

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    On cheese with barbecue, some of the oldest central Texas places give you a chunk of cheddar cheese with their bbq along with the pickles and onions.

The newer ones don’t really but it’s enough of a thing that chains like Rudy’s also have a brick of cheese in their fridge case next to the line to get as a side.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    I think I'm allergic to je ne sais quoi. I generally swap it out for some extra voila when I'm doing French cooking.

You should try some avec instead.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Am I crazy that I don't want vinegar introducing other flavors to what I'm putting it on? I want a smelly acidic bite and that's it, if I want it to taste like apple or malt or anything else I'll do that separately, am I just gravely mistaken?

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    Am I crazy that I don't want vinegar introducing other flavors to what I'm putting it on? I want a smelly acidic bite and that's it, if I want it to taste like apple or malt or anything else I'll do that separately, am I just gravely mistaken?

You do you, Boo.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Daimar wrote: »

You do you, Boo.

Feel Seen, Peen

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I am considering making some home made root beer syrup.

• Options
    kilnbornkilnborn Registered User regular
    ySf3Eeul.png

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Quick public service announcement: Guinness is delicious.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I accidentally grabbed a bottle of black sesame oil instead of my malt vinegar for my french fries one day it was, while jarring, pretty fuckin' good. It doesn't hit the same craving as the vinegar does, but I'm getting more and more convinced that sesame can go with anything. I've been debating making a sesame ice cream, but just don't have the whole picture on the logistics of how I would do it.

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    I accidentally grabbed a bottle of black sesame oil instead of my malt vinegar for my french fries one day it was, while jarring, pretty fuckin' good. It doesn't hit the same craving as the vinegar does, but I'm getting more and more convinced that sesame can go with anything. I've been debating making a sesame ice cream, but just don't have the whole picture on the logistics of how I would do it.

Black sesame paste - either homemade by grinding up toasted black sesame seeds, or a store-bought paste from a Japanese market like Mitsuwa.

https://bojongourmet.com/black-sesame-dark-milk-chocolate-chip/

That's a solid looking recipe, though vanilla beans are way too expensive these days to use for it, so I would just substitute some vanilla extract.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    chromdom wrote: »

You do you, Boo.

Feel Seen, Peen

Ok but now what? Is my opinion validated? Invalidated? Do I respond with a cheeky GIF? I don't know the protocol here?!

• Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    Quick public service announcement: Guinness is delicious.

Guinness does you good

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Local pub chain here, McMenamins, makes a Terminator Stout that is so good.

https://www.mcmenamins.com/handcrafted

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    terminator's pretty good but I like their porter more

• Options
    ApocalyptusApocalyptus Registered User regular
    Ketar wrote: »

Black sesame paste - either homemade by grinding up toasted black sesame seeds, or a store-bought paste from a Japanese market like Mitsuwa.

That's a solid looking recipe, though vanilla beans are way too expensive these days to use for it, so I would just substitute some vanilla extract.
    Aaah how good is Bojon Gourmet?
    I have a tub of Smoky Cardamom ice cream with salted caramel swirl made with her recipe in my freezer right now, and it fucking rules .

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Ketar wrote: »

Aaah how good is Bojon Gourmet?
    I have a tub of Smoky Cardamom ice cream with salted caramel swirl made with her recipe in my freezer right now, and it fucking rules .

I'm going to have to check that one out. I just upgraded from the basic Cuisinart ice cream maker that I've had for around 10 years and requires freezing a mixing bowl 24 hours ahead of time to a countertop ice cream maker with a compressor that requires no advance freezing at all (and went from a 1 quart capacity to 2.1 quarts) and I'm itching to make something interesting. I made a nice coffee ice cream with my son last weekend, and promised my daughter we can make mint Oreo ice cream tomorrow. I was thinking about making that black sesame ice cream myself, but smoky cardamom is very intriguing.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    chromdom wrote: »

You do you, Boo.

Feel Seen, Peen

Ok but now what? Is my opinion validated? Invalidated? Do I respond with a cheeky GIF? I don't know the protocol here?!

Fuck haters, get money.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    My mother in law got us a pizza stone/peel set for Christmas and I used it tonight for the first time after finally mozzarella at a decent price

h8bvkvla6nl8.jpg

Alton Brown's dough recipe using the KitchenAid with the dough hook. Didn't do the 24 hour cold ferment for this one because we wanted pizza tonight, not tomorrow. Instead it proved at room temp for 5 hours. Still have half the batch which is in the fridge fermenting for another night this weekend.

Turned out real good. Fluffy and airy inside, crispy on the bottom. I'm a pizza stone convert.

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    My local Taco Bell reopened after getting renovated! Feels a bit more spacious inside, has touchscreen ordering. Got my quesarito fix, finally.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    My mother in law got us a pizza stone/peel set for Christmas and I used it tonight for the first time after finally mozzarella at a decent price

Alton Brown's dough recipe using the KitchenAid with the dough hook. Didn't do the 24 hour cold ferment for this one because we wanted pizza tonight, not tomorrow. Instead it proved at room temp for 5 hours. Still have half the batch which is in the fridge fermenting for another night this weekend.

Turned out real good. Fluffy and airy inside, crispy on the bottom. I'm a pizza stone convert.

Ive been trying to find buffalo Mozz for months now so I could use it on a pizza. I forgot about getting the stone too

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    My girlfriend and I went out for sushi last night

I ate some sashimi, it was delicious

The pieces of octopus tentacle and salmon were great

I think I ate some yellow fin tuna, I feel guilty about that

I brought some salmon pieces home and fried them in butter and garlic this morning

Pretty tasty

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Im extremely hungover so I’m going to go find the worst food I can.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    tynic wrote: »

Might I recommend something that may contain surprise hot dogs?

• Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular

This calls for a kebab

• Options
    Oh that would have been a good idea. there's even a mediterranean cafe at the end of my street.

however according to the part of my brain that just did the shopping, the optimal hangover food is
    - one high fibre flax seed muesli bar
    - carbonated ginger kombucha
    - 250g of grilled asparagus from the deli counter

maybe I'll go back for the kebab later.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    None of that sounds like the worst food.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    55e1cdclquc0.jpg

This monstrosity showed up on my FB feed and I am sharing my suffering in knowing this exists.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Oh that would have been a good idea. there's even a mediterranean cafe at the end of my street.

however according to the part of my brain that just did the shopping, the optimal hangover food is
    - one high fibre flax seed muesli bar
    - carbonated ginger kombucha
    - 250g of grilled asparagus from the deli counter

maybe I'll go back for the kebab later.

This sounds suspiciously healthy. I don't see anything deep fried.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    God I could go for a kebab right now

• Options
    sponospono Mining for Nose Diamonds Booger CoveRegistered User regular
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    55e1cdclquc0.jpg

This monstrosity showed up on my FB feed and I am sharing my suffering in knowing this exists.

What the fuck

Keep your goddamn cottage cheese and mayo away from my doughnuts

640qocnq4ske.gif
  • Options
    None of that sounds like the worst food.

problem with living in west cambridge is that everything is yoga studios and fancy espresso joints. Bad food turned out to be too far to walk to.

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Xtreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeme!

The BEST Noodles in the WORLD!!! Chinese FIRE NOODLE + Street Food Tour of Chongqing - EXTREME!!! (23 mins)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hgq1LoAqMgg

• Options
    God I could go for a kebab right now

I miss good old Aussie style kebabs so much.

Sorry Canada, but your kebab game is wack.

• Options
    Similarly, I've never found yiros quite the same as adelaide street yiros in 15 years of looking.

• Options
    Even like cheap mall food court kebabs in Brisbane are 10 times more flavourful and addictive than expensive little boutique places here in Vancouver.

The meat is just dry and flavorless everywhere and the servings are so anemic.

Actually I have found one good place.

This discussion has been closed.