As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warframe] Space Ninja Pirate Ship Simulator

• dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    I mean, it's kind of not an island though. Space stuff makes your space boat cooler, then you take your archwing out to board a ship and do frame things to it, and there's already cool frame weapon drops and chase drops.

The A1 top problem I think is that we're all used to utter godhood, and progression as fast as our metal feet can take us, wielding utterly absurd cannons that melt all faces. And like... Welcome to the SS Failboat, population "you and 3 suckers", now go don't blow up.

If the Sigma components were significantly cheaper, or the resource burn on mid-tier components was lower, we would be able to reasonably rapidly upgrade in amounts that are perceptible, while still chasing that top-roll mk3 reactor. As stands, the cost to make a mk2 is god damn near the same as a 3, so why make a 2 when a 3 is that much better, and FUCK NO I am not making a shitty 3, I will just wait.

So now all the ships kinda suck too, 'cause we don't take the upgrade path at the pace it's designed around, which then reinforces all the other problems, and whee circular.

Also I do not want aliens in tight latex, not in this game. Nobody needs or wants "sexy Grineer". No.

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    My chief complaints with Railjack are that the UI sucks; though they are slowly adding things to make it better.

The progression system is terrible; and this is by design (and also being made worse).

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »
    Also I do not want aliens in tight latex, not in this game. Nobody needs or wants "sexy Grineer". No.

But heavy gunner-tan already exists...

fuck gendered marketing
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    the biggest problem is that doing railjack does not aid you in any facet other than doing railjack slightly better

it's not tied to the main game in any meaningful manner, thus making it an "island" even moreso than spoiler mode grind

PiptheFair wrote: »
    the biggest problem is that doing railjack does not aid you in any facet other than doing railjack slightly better

it's not tied to the main game in any meaningful manner, thus making it an "island" even moreso than spoiler mode grind

Archwing was like that at first, and they have at least, demo'd some crossover between railjack and normal play with squadlink.

• FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Quest for Harrow continues. Mindnumbing Kuva Spy done (with 100% perfection attained in how to tackle Kuva vaults as Loki). Mindnumbing Defection begun.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Quest for Harrow continues. Mindnumbing Kuva Spy done (with 100% perfection attained in how to tackle Kuva vaults as Loki). Mindnumbing Defection begun.

Is there any way to take a shortcut in the big three-part spy room? There's an obvious place to cross over from the first to the third section, and a box I can destroy, but all it seems to do is make it harder to exit the third room after I'm forced to go back and do the second part.

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    jothki wrote: »

Is there any way to take a shortcut in the big three-part spy room? There's an obvious place to cross over from the first to the third section, and a box I can destroy, but all it seems to do is make it harder to exit the third room after I'm forced to go back and do the second part.

There's a reason I bought Harrow with plat :P

Elldren wrote: »
    The Switch dojo had a second floor and basement. :(

What happened to them?

The dry dock couldn't fit without adding in a ton of extra corridors for spacing, so the design was completely scrapped and replaced with a more efficient one where the training rooms couldn't fit in without adding in a ton of corridors for extra spacing.

I know the training rooms are less important than the dry dock, but dammit, that second floor was my baby, and now it's grown up and moved to another state where I barely see it in person any more.

• SteveRageSteveRage Registered User regular
    logged on and my mouse macro worked, but the weird UI issue came back. turns out whenever i quit the game, it defaults to dynamic resolution becoming enabled which i'm sure improves performance just makes the game fugly as sin. so now i get to enable and disable it every time i start my game. i'm glad i figured out that the problem was. it was a minor annoyance.

-in warframe (pc), i am fungible-
  • manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziRgMwFrmIU

shy is very mad about railjack and I kinda totally agree?

hearing DESteve saying "We're not just gonna create another island where you go and grind and then get burned out." is a big oof

I just can't really fathom the complaints other than those whose ONLY game is Warframe. And I know those players exists. Like, some people have maxed Railjacks already and that's fine. Because gotta have the shinies. But then, cramming through three months of content in a week and then getting bored? I can't relate to that problem. Play another mode, or hell, play a different game.

Given the state Warframe was in when it started, I have no doubt Railjack will become truer to the original vision. And I'm sure the mode was rushed, but what do I know? I'm still in the process of building mine, and I'm still having fun crashing on random people's ship and helping out for some fun adventures.

Speaking of everyone in the community being whiners, I have Nidus and Harrow in the oven now.

I’ll have frost in the oven p soon now.

And yes I know I have frost prime but the mastery

fuck gendered marketing

The tripple-circle vault has a shortcut.
    Step 1. Go below the first circle, kill a box on the platform pillar. 2. Look towards a vent entrance (below and left of the normal entrance to room 2) and jump to it. 3. Stay in the vent entrance, turn back towards the Platform room and look right. There is a second box on the electricity conduit. Kill it. 3. Go into the vent and jump towards the central vent-room pillar. Third box. 4. Now the vent is open to the vault room.

Go-Right-Go-Left vault has a Stealthier approach (that's generally much slower but stealthier).
    1. Instead of going right. Go left up into the vents. Follow it until you get to a forcefield. Then head into the pipes and pop up into the main room. 2. In the main room does have a short cut. Instead of hacking the door, slip into the pipes behind the last pillar. This leads straight into the vault room.

Bunker room has a shortcut (with less overwatch as you're hacking).
    1. Head down into the caves on the left side then keep to the right once in the caves. Find a door with a sensor bar then hack the door. Go up the stairs and hack the vault.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular

What happened to them?

Uh ... that was me. Most of the old design was superfluous and felt tacked on in nature. There was no planning, rhyme, or reason to what was built where, other than we can build THIS now so let's tack it on to the end. I mean this as no offense to the original architect but it was a hot mess a bit confusing.

What happened to them?

The dry dock couldn't fit without adding in a ton of extra corridors for spacing, so the design was completely scrapped and replaced with a more efficient one where the training rooms couldn't fit in without adding in a ton of corridors for extra spacing.

I know the training rooms are less important than the dry dock, but dammit, that second floor was my baby, and now it's grown up and moved to another state where I barely see it in person any more.

Just a heads up @jothki ... that dry dock goes up several floors. I'm sure you'll see that you can't put anything above it unless you also add two to four elevators as well. I also have to say that the second floor was well put together and I almost didn't want to change anything up there. But the game doesn't let you move things below without destroying anything that came before it build wise. I literally had to strip down the entire dojo before I could start re-building. I didn't have the time and/or the forma while I was on vacation to set it back the way it was. I was also being mindful that it all had to be planned around the dry dock which is yuge.

NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
    Most comfortable build for soloing defection so far:

Khora (Venari can heal Defectors or yourself. Whipclaw whips things)
    Ignis Wraith (Flamethrowers are fun)
    Rattleguts
    Venka Prime (the claws hit hard, they hit fast and they hit wide)

So far using Helios Prime as my Sentinel. Mostly to Scan the Red Veil operatives and other stuff that only appear in defection missions

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular

You've definitely taken to Warframe well.

• TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    There's fast travel in the menu, and I think it's all anyone uses.
    Wat, when the hell was that added? That's awesome!

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    There's fast travel in the menu, and I think it's all anyone uses.
    Wat, when the hell was that added? That's awesome!

With Railjack or one of the updates in the month before it.

one of us, one of us, one of us

edited January 2020
    Reactor invasion is up on the Switch.

edit: The Kuva Ogris keeps reminding me of a Brachydios. I may need to work out a color scheme for it.

jothki on
  • RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    What alliance is the PC clan a part of?

• NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    What alliance is the PC clan a part of?

One we assembled for the various splinter clans people have besides the Space Knights.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    Right, I have one such splinter clan, what's it called?

• NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    the alliance is called We Are Nice Guys, and I don't recall how alliances work in terms of who is allowed to invite clans to it. If any clan warlord is able to, I can get ye in.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
    edited January 2020
    Farming equinox and I need one last part (day neuroptics)

One

Last

Part

Tyl Regor pls

Edit: decided to just try one more time

And successs

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    I got so tired of Farming Tyl Regor

So so tired.

I don't even like Equinox but they exist so

Have you gotten the hammer stance from Sargas Ruk yet? Because yeah, he drops a hammer stance. 11% chance.

Have you gotten the hammer stance from Sargas Ruk yet? Because yeah, he drops a hammer stance. 11% chance.

Maybe?

I honestly have no idea what mods drop where, which ones I need, or even which ones I have

fuck gendered marketing
    One recommendation that I have is to go into the mod section of the codex and sort by type. It does a pretty good job of making sense out of all of the chaos.

• DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular

How badly has this game hurt me that those don't even seem like that bad of odds?

• BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    So after over a year I finally, finally managed to find the Speed Test and got Speed Drift.

Not sure why that one has been so elusive, when I can't move without tripping over Endurance or Stealth.

Aaaand my Lich stole the mod. Hah.

Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    the alliance is called We Are Nice Guys, and I don't recall how alliances work in terms of who is allowed to invite clans to it. If any clan warlord is able to, I can get ye in.

I know @kralizecc is the one who started the alliance and can invite clans in but I don't know if anyone else can. I also don't know if he still plays, I haven't seen him in a while

JtgVX0H.png
  • Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    WdS7cCq.png

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
    And my harrow chase is over.
    Quite a number of Kuva Spy and Defection missions, and I can't say I really enjoyed it much. But it's over now.

• Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Yesssssssss

JtgVX0H.png
  • Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    So I'm just now getting into this, but on the PS4. Sadly, I never migrated my info over from the PC so I lost all my unlocks. Even more sad, my favorite frame, Frost Prime, is apparently no longer available. :(

I was so psyched to get Octavia and then kinda sad at how short the clips ended up having to be to work with the Mana Chord :P

edited January 2020
    WF general forum now has several megathreads for railjack feedback by pain-point (MM, Intrinsic, Economy, General)

For focused ignorance of feedback! ;P

ediT: why anybody expects feedback that includes things "but you're too lazy", "don't know how", "when I was a QA", etc to be taken seriously is beyond me.

tastydonuts on
This discussion has been closed.