As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX South [Fancy Dinner] Signup and Entmoot

AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whateverRegistered User regular
edited January 2020 in Debate and/or Discourse
Hi! So it looks like I’m in charge of wrangling the cats this year, so please submit to me your RSVP as soon as possible, as time is running short. Also let me know of you have a +1.

As well, feel free to offer suggestions for dining since I do not have anything locked in just yet. My vote, as always, is for Bohanan’s, a fancy steak place near the river walk theater district.

I’m excited to see you there!

LOCATION BOOKED!
Bohanan’s @ 7:45pm, Friday the 17th

Confirmations so far:
@21stCentury
@milski
@Kristmas Kthulhu
@Lord Palington + 1
@Blameless Cleric + 3
@redx

Atomika on

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Whoo! Thanks for organizing, 'Mika!

I'm okay with trying a new place!

• Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    Count me in, this sounds neat.

• Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    Count my wife and I in this year. It was a huge bummer missing last year's.

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Before I start locking things down, is there a preference on date and time?

We can do Friday the 17th or Saturday the 18th, and any time in the evening is fine with me.

If no preference, please say so. PAX has exhibits going on until very late at night, so if you’re okay with skipping a few of those, let me know.

• milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    I have no preference on time/date

I ate an engineer
  • Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    Not a ton of preference, but I'm leaning a little toward Friday.

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    All okay but I prefer Friday a tiny bit. Because it is usually Friday that it happened on before.

• Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    I have no preference for date, and I'm okay with any time between 6 and 8.

• redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    I guess I'm in. If it's friday, I'm coming from work in austin, so 7 or 8 would be easier.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
    I’ve updated the OP with some options for locations. When you can, please voice your vote or feel free to offer another location. I’d like to get this locked in by week’s end.

While i love Fogo de Chao, I'm used to going there Sunday, not Friday! My vote is for Bohanan's.

I'm personally leaning towards the order of Bohanan's >= Boudro's >> Fogo, if only because some form of Meatpile tends to happen on the last day anyway.

I ate an engineer
    I'm all for fancy steaks and great drinks.

We're down with either Bohanon's or Boudro's, slight preference toward Boudro's.

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    I shall have a +1 and possibly a +3?!

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    Also unless we have a lot of people I don't think we should do a fixed price bc even though it's pain to do individual checks I feel like it always ends up being MORE expensive than just eating at a fancy place if it's not offset by numbers, and IDC at all about having a private room (just a thought)

Also unless we have a lot of people I don't think we should do a fixed price bc even though it's pain to do individual checks I feel like it always ends up being MORE expensive than just eating at a fancy place if it's not offset by numbers, and IDC at all about having a private room (just a thought)

I was actually going to post this exact thing later today, and I agree. But everyone let me know if you disagree. I’m flexible.

I’m fine with a regular dining experience.

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    I’m fine with a regular dining experience.

Chipotle in ball gowns it is

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
    edited January 2020
    Atomika wrote: »

I was actually going to post this exact thing later today, and I agree. But everyone let me know if you disagree. I’m flexible.

I had type up a comment along these lines as well, but didn't want to seem... something. Less choice, prices always seem high, and frequently issues with whoever's credit card it is going on having issues (somehow, even though it should be simpler). If we've got the option, I'd rather just order à la carte. If we're a dozen people, that probably won't be an issue.

redx on
    Okay. A la carte it is.

The table is booked! 7:45pm Friday night at Bohanan’s!

Let me know soon if there needs to be additional guests!

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Gutted we're missing it this year. Everybody take pictures!

So just in case I’m significantly delayed from my flight, if you arrive at the restaurant and I’m not there, please tell the hostess you’re there for the Amy Davidson party. So far my flight is thirty minutes delayed, and I’m scheduled to land about 45 minutes before the reservation time :bigfrown:

Atomika wrote: »
    So just in case I’m significantly delayed from my flight, if you arrive at the restaurant and I’m not there, please tell the hostess you’re there for the Amy Davidson party. So far my flight is thirty minutes delayed, and I’m scheduled to land about 45 minutes before the reservation time :bigfrown:

Sorry to hear Amy.

I’m in town! Hopefully I should make it!

edited January 2020
    Hi, not going to be able to make it. Got as far as Schlitterbahn before my car started knocking like crazy any time I gave it more than the tiniest bit of gas. Had to limp home. More than a little disappointed I won't be seeing y'all.

redx on
    That sucks, friend. We'll drink one in your honor

I ate an engineer
    redx wrote: »
    Hi, not going to be able to make it. Got as far as Schlitterbahn before my car started knocking like crazy any time I gave it more than the tiniest bit of gas. Had to limp home. More than a little disappointed I won't be seeing y'all.

Yes! Unfortunate! That suuuuucks :sad:

I am at the bar downstairs and waiting for the group. They’ll seat us when we’re all here.

I'm running late, I'm so sorry! Also Bleric said she's enforcering until 8:30

Have a pic of palington his +1 and kristmas Cthulhu 4sg8toufdp7t.jpeg

1ansr98xnhua.jpeg
    ylzpw15i4d2i.jpeg
    cmbcq65o7c32.jpeg
    j9wxvogpb8ei.jpeg

Amy that is the WORST picture of me thanks lmao haha

:bigfrown: sorry!

• SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    My eyes keep telling me that's a normal size pepper and a humongous steak.

steam_sig.png
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    I've unstickied this now that the event has passed, but keep posting photos so I can update the secret files we have on you all.

Mine is also bad. taking a pic of me when i was looking at my phone for girlfriend updates.

may i post pics of me and my girfriend?

pre-fancy dinner pic.