As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Secret Satans 2019 - Perfect gifting! See you next year!

• Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    My Satan is better than you, and you know it > Perrsun 1 2

Blackhawk1313 > Fearghaill 1
    Taya > QuickSnap 1

? > Skeith 1 2 > Brolo 1 2 > MulysaSempronius 1 > Cristoval 1 2 > Moriveth 1 2> Bucketman 1 2 3 > Veldrin 1 > Cello 1 2 3 > Lalabox 1 2 3
    ? > Lasbrook 1 > Naphtali 1 2 > Pinfeldorf 1 2
    ? > Tofystedeth 1 2 > Tynic 1 > Brovid Hasselsmof 1 2 3
    ? > KetBra 1
    ? > DrZiplock 1 2
    ? > Janson 1 > iloveslimes 1 > Lost Salient 1
    ? > The Hanged Man 1
    ? > Slacker71 1 2
    ? > Ladybug2332 1 > #pipe 1 2 > Xaquin 1 2 3 > Tonkka 1 2
    ? > ceres 1
    ? > JimBobtheMonkey 1 > Centipede Damascus 1 > Noggin 1 > . 1
    ? > N1tSt4lker 1 > Goose! 1? 2 3

DrZiplock 2018 > BlakeT (2018+1) 1

Mystery chain orphans grow in number, and the Skeith chain has merged thanks to Cello and Veldrin, but we are still without a completed chain!

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    hey, if you received a gift, it is extremely important that within 1-2 days of receipt you make at least one post in this thread acknowledging that you got it!

we've had multiple people not make a thank you post, and aside from being a little rude, it also puts senders in danger of looking like deadbeats

please make a post now if you've gotten a gift but haven't thanked the sender!

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    with that being said

if you haven't received a gift yet, please also make a post here and mark it with @Brolo , so we can track the remaining gifts and complete these chains!

if you have yet to send your gift, please send me a PM and we will work something out.

Brolo on
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    hey, if you received a gift, it is extremely important that within 1-2 days of receipt you make at least one post in this thread acknowledging that you got it!

we've had multiple people not make a thank you post, and aside from being a little rude, it also puts senders in danger of looking like deadbeats

please make a post now if you've gotten a gift but haven't thanked the sender!

In light of this, I received a parcel notice in the mail yesterday but have not been able to go to the post office to pick up said parcel yet. I will on Monday, the parcel could be from my Satan, or it could be something my partner or I ordered online (I've got two separate parts for my gardening equipment getting here soon, I hope). I will report back as soon as I can!

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Ugh

Woke up to a fresh message from Book Depository saying they're having trouble finding a copy of it with their suppliers, so they don't even have an estimated dispatch date

I'm opting for a refund, and also to never use their service again

I'm sorry @lalabox, the timing on my gifts are all a little screwed up this year, it will hopefully get to you by Feb 4 at the latest but Amazon warns the bushfires may cause a further delay

I have two other things set aside that I intended to send you digitally when you got the card, but I gotta wait til next pay on the 22 at this point

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    @Brolo I haven’t received anything yet. If something is sent through regular mail, it can sometimes take a couple weeks for it to get here.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    @Brolo Nothing here yet as far as I've seen.

I've got PAX South next week as well so I'll be gone from Wednesday to Tuesday.

Madican on
  • Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    I have a box! I will need a bit of time to access said box, but a box is had!

Okay, so because of Holidays and Work, "a bit of time" ended up being way longer than anticipated. But I have accessed two boxes, where there was only one before! So I think it's been worth the wait.

Speaking of which: A box! The first box! Conveniently pre-opened, because I (nearly) forgot to get pictures!
    w7CD07q.png

And inside that box... another box? Shocking!
    J8dce8R.png

And inside that box... more boxes? Recursive!
    165iLz9.png

So let's just say that my home storage solutions are... not the best? And I've desperately needed some shelves for a hot minute.

And the best kind of shelves are the ones you can rearrange!
    8TOo45I.png

I think I deserve no small amount of credit for getting this put together.

I didn't even have to smash something with a mallet for the schadenfreude! Yet. It'll happen. I'm certain of that.

And then... a second box came!
    bFB0lic.png

And this box contained... a bag?
    OwC40gC.png

And the bag contained a box!
    M117Ra8.png

And the box contained a keyboard and mouse! A very good keyboard and mouse, and a worthwhile replacement to the default busted-ass Dell keyboard and mouse that I've dragged through two PC rebuilds.
    j0LPNls.png

I'll need to get photos of it all lit up later, I wanted to get this post up before the end of (another) week.

My Satan has chosen to keep their identity a mystery for the moment, so to this darkest and most anonymous of benefactors:

Thanks for a good haul, friend. <3

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • Options
    CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    Ya'll making be want a kbam and I don't even have a use for a kbam!

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Cello wrote: »
    Ugh

Woke up to a fresh message from Book Depository saying they're having trouble finding a copy of it with their suppliers, so they don't even have an estimated dispatch date

I'm opting for a refund, and also to never use their service again

I'm sorry lalabox, the timing on my gifts are all a little screwed up this year, it will hopefully get to you by Feb 4 at the latest but Amazon warns the bushfires may cause a further delay

I have two other things set aside that I intended to send you digitally when you got the card, but I gotta wait til next pay on the 22 at this point

i'm really sorry that you've had a shitty experience with them

you don't have to be sorry at all with the other book. You've sent me some lovely socks and a really interesting cookbook.

Honestly, it's gonna be nice to have something to look forward to in feb

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    A package arrived that I think might be of infernal origin. Full update to follow (assuming I don't get a text from my step-mom claiming credit for this one as well).

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Okay so I know I didn't order this for me, and as it's straight from Amazon delivery depot on the other side of the country with no return address or note or name included in the packaging, I suspect my Satan sent something to help me dig myself out of all the holes I keep diving headfirst into!

It's a box!

jjd3NnB.jpg?1

With a pouch inside!

NdomLk4.jpg?2

Perhaps some kind of tactical zombie-slaying device, given my penchant for zombie games and movies?

156Lxla.jpg?1

Huh, actually a pretty decent camping multi-tool:

hVqnrU7.jpg?1

With integrated saw, knife, fire-lighting flint rod, and "hey you, I've fallen off a cliff, follow the sound of the whistle to me because I broke a leg and can't walk back up" emergency whistle.

63k0jZ4.jpg?1

(Also can be used to dig a hole to poop in when camping!)

It's surprisingly well-made, no chintzy weak plastic parts, the machining, powdercoating, and assembly looks to have been done by someone who gave a damn, and it doesn't have that horrible chemical stench you get emanating from your much dodgier versions of this kind of thing. I don't do a LOT of camping, but this is definitely going in my camping bag from now on.

Thanks Satan!

Editor's final note - anyone disparaging my hideous 1970s carpet will be dealt with and disposed of by the spade...

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
  • Options
    I love the carpet

It's Axminster! Unfortunately it is a little faded all over and quite threadbare in a number of places.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Chris that spade looks like a lightsaber and i want it

• Options
    edited January 2020
    @Cello im rushing out the door to work so didn't have time to open it but i just received a book depository package this morning

Lalabox on
  • Options
    Lalabox wrote: »
    @Cello im rushing out the door to work so didn't have time to open it but i just received a book depository package this morning

hell yes

Steam
  • Options
    It uh, it looks like it's too late to cancel the Amazon order, and the refund would cost almost the entire cost of the replacement book I'd ordered

I hope you like Mexican food

Steam
  • Options
    Cello wrote: »
    It uh, it looks like it's too late to cancel the Amazon order, and the refund would cost almost the entire cost of the replacement book I'd ordered

I hope you like Mexican food

if it is the same book i will gift it to a good friend

thank you so very much.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Chris I think that's a Chinese Army utility spade. I saw a documentary about them in the early aughts and those things kick ass. The ones the Chinese Army used had like 33 uses in one tool and weighed a scant 2 kilograms, but they were green. Supposedly really durable, too.

• Options
    so, the long awaited Cookbook is:

t0nft3m2hikh.png

It looks fascinating and i've already picked out a few cool things with my scan through it.

Thank you very much once again.

• Options
    I have been gifted once again by Satan!

I could tell because the guy who normally drops off parcels 1: doesn't have a featureless black void where his face is, 2: doesn't leave burning cloven footprints on my path, and 3: no overpowering smell of sulfur emanates from him, at least not that I've ever smelled before.

Another parcel, hooray! I am excite!

iu0wgqcfpuad.jpg

Inside the box? A bag!

o8ahg66ijdu4.jpg

Attached to the bag, a note! No clues yet as to Satan's identity, however...

85siqlyyugnm.jpg

Inside the bag, a wonderful gift!

vkj6jweg5d8q.jpg

Hot damn do I love me some Lego! This is a very cool set of a place I would rather be than stuck in the Australian Summer heat!

Behold, beneath the bag, a note! Will this perhaps reveal my bedevilling benefactor?

wk38sl01qnix.jpg

And finally yes, I find out who my Splendid Satanic Santa is!

o9etggp2gb33.jpg

@Rankenphile you magnificent motherfucker! Many thanks, I'm going to enjoy my presents! I gotta clear me a space and get to building this Arctic science expedition!

• Options
    Letting my Satan know that once I leave for work today I'm not returning to the apartment until next Tuesday. PAX awaits!

• Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    You should have one more package arriving at some point, Chris

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    Holy crap! So uhhh... I got a box while I was flailing around ineffectually trying to do work.

qo81tsedb86a.jpeg

Within this box was another type of box, but a really awesome one!
    2r38m3pm6tiq.jpeg

Look at this beautiful thing!
    3m60bhxvw7xm.jpeg
    For those who don’t know don’t know what a pelican case is, the company makes a lot of the case for mobile deployment of equipment and what not for the military. They are amazingly sturdy and weathertight. They kick ass for storing things for easy and safe movement.

This particular one will be storing and transporting... Magic the Gathering cards because I’m a huge dork with a somewhat crazy penchant for expensive gameplay types. This one will now be able to fit most of my decks within it instead of having to pick and choose.

For size comparison:
    cklagyw702i0.jpeg
    awd782e6tmew.jpeg
    30caok4nvdu6.jpeg

It even has a handle and wheels!!!
    1mtj0gqxvowy.jpeg

TLDR;
    This is awesome. Thank you so much @Romanian My Escutcheon you rock, and no need to be sorry about any delays, this is great. I literally play CEDH MTG on Wednesday’s and will now get no work done for sure because I’ll be moving the collection in to this. Thank you again!

• Options
    Lol, pardon the double post but I just read the insert and Pelican has a very different idea as to what I am using this case for:
    4qfsnxd3ikzh.jpeg
    Sensitive and vital equipment indeed... >.>

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    It is not known for a fact why I must withdraw from this situation, but it is firm conviction that I hold. That I know without any difficulty.

This conclusion is a culmination of a distinct Satanic agitation, but I worry that it will function additionally as a dawn of a distinct span of horror for yours truly. This is why I must fly from this location.

Ja1RkyX.png?1

I’m skipping forward in my story. It was a book. In its original form it was a book. I did not fathom what it would shift into at that instant.

b60kw3R.png?1

Prior to that, if that’s important, it was but a minor dispatch, not so much as a box, no, a thing quaint and without complication, put at my doorway. This was normal. I thought this was normal.

TOxDP7m.jpg?1

• Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    So apparently I fucked up pretty good.

Amazon doesn’t automatically update your preferred shipping address for a given wishlist to your default shipping address, it would seem, and the address I had listed on mine was one I haven’t lived at for three years.

Despite my bone-headedness, @Slacker71 sent me some fucking dope shit, including Neil Young’s Harvest and Pink Floyd’s The Wall on vinyl, which are incredible goddamned albums and hopefully being enjoyed by some high school kid who was walking past the now-vacant old house and swooped up these lovely gifts.

Entirely my fault for not updating the address on the wishlist (didn’t even realize it was a thing). C’est la vie, life goes on and all that.

Thank you, Slacker, for your generosity. Let us hope that we at least brought a touch of cultural enlightenment to some young sticky-fingered hoodlum out there somewhere.

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    Oh shit, that made me check mine and luckily it looks like I just didn't attach any address to it at all. Which, uh, I have now fixed. Sorry!

• Options
    So apparently I fucked up pretty good.

Amazon doesn’t automatically update your preferred shipping address for a given wishlist to your default shipping address, it would seem, and the address I had listed on mine was one I haven’t lived at for three years.

Despite my bone-headedness, @Slacker71 sent me some fucking dope shit, including Neil Young’s Harvest and Pink Floyd’s The Wall on vinyl, which are incredible goddamned albums and hopefully being enjoyed by some high school kid who was walking past the now-vacant old house and swooped up these lovely gifts.

Entirely my fault for not updating the address on the wishlist (didn’t even realize it was a thing). C’est la vie, life goes on and all that.

Thank you, Slacker, for your generosity. Let us hope that we at least brought a touch of cultural enlightenment to some young sticky-fingered hoodlum out there somewhere.

Aww, that really sucks! I hope whichever dirtbag grabbed the packages has a good listen to the albums and learns some shit, because those are good fucking records.

In other news, I got a third package today! Well, I got a card telling me to go pick it up from the post yesterday, I picked it up today!

It was bubble-wrapped inside a mail sachet, nothing exciting on the outside.

On the inside, however!

cswnuyiapn7n.jpg

A pocket-sized multitool!

Little bugger's got heaps of bits and pieces on it:

uxitjnn9fhf5.jpg

Yet it folds up absolutely tiny:

mten9s13yi5p.jpg

Which is great, because despite actually having a Leatherman Wave I got when I was a teenager, I basically never use it for anything because I never have it with me as it's too big for my pocket! It just sits in my drawer doing nothing besides slowly collecting dust because I'm not about to carry it around with me (I hate when my pants fall down) and it doesn't belong in my toolbox because I have all the proper regular tools that replace it in there already. This will actually be useful, because it's going straight on my keyring and into my pocket where it will get used constantly.

Thank you so much Rank, all these gifts are fantastic and I appreciate them very much!

• Options
    Glad you like it, dude. I’ve got a similar one that’s part of my every day carry and it gets way, way more use than I expected for a multi tool. Having an actual pocket sized one like that is crazy handy.

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    I've already used it twice!

EDIT: Also don't think I don't get the subliminal messaging at play - they've got other models with names like "Curve" and "Short Stack", but you got me the "Dime"...

10 outta 10, hey?

tenor.gif

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Lower those eyebrows young man
    And the other one.

• Options
    edited January 2020
    EDIT:

I put two and two together upon looking at the message with the pelican case that came first. It’s numbered as well so they just came out of message order. This is all my Satan’s efforts. Thank you @Romanian My Escutcheon holy crap you rock.

fmcgghigccac.jpeg

The items received were:
    a1n4vxdx6avl.jpeg
    Dad Jokes! I’m truly unstoppable now.

ycpa13e7awlv.jpeg
    A FSU folding table, because tailgating is a way of life!

kup4rl458nbk.jpeg
    A gaming headset, such that I now no longer have to swap headsets between my various systems!

5fali072bz13.jpeg
    And last but not least, four of these bad boys, resealable bomber-size beer bottles, perfect for the storage and consumption of the fruits of my homebrewing efforts.

Blackhawk1313 on
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    If your home brewing is producing fruit I think you're doing it wrong

• Options

Not if it’s a fruit beer!

• Options

Violation of entropy sounds important

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    For the record, when I was doing the notes, I had hoped/assumed that everything would arrive in (relatively) the same order. I totally know how numbers work. Totally.

Thanks again for being so patient, just took me a bit to carve out a quiet evening to come up with a shopping list.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Dear Satan,

I just got back from the post office with a box. I very nearly died from the cold but it's looking like whatever was in the box was totally worth it. Will open and post pictures shortly.

Ketbra

KGMvDLc.jpg?1