As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [NHL] Thread - On Dadanov’s No-Trade List

• BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    I was gonna say "he turned 37" but your answer is probably better

• chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    I think that's probably a pretty good factor too . . .

• MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    "Stand between the puck and the net"
    Is it really that hard?

• chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    It really really is

chromdom wrote: »
    It really really is

Goalies are voodoo

• quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Mr. Perfect couldn’t have done this better

Only thing going right for them though

Penguins 3-0 on the Western conference road trip, now just four points back of the capitals with a game in hand.

And, oh yeah, Crosby is set to return after missing the last 20whatever games.

This penguins team is good

• shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Man, the Pacific Division standings are nuts right now.

In first place, the Calgary Flames with 55 points.

Edmonton has 53 points. They're in fifth.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
    I really like how skewed these charts are simply because of the penguins

Burtletoy wrote: »
    I really like how skewed these charts are simply because of the penguins

And the Red Wings!

Different axis, but yeah!

• JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I’m half wishing the Avs were still injured since they were actually winning games then. Now they’re basically healthy but bad.

• LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    That is the most beautiful thing I've seen all year.

• CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    <sad trombone>

:so_raven:
    Crosby returns to service tonight, after missing 28 games.

Penguins were second in the league in points gained since the date he was injured (40 only better team was Boston's 41points)

So, obvious loss coming tonight

True, but he'll score at least once.

This is going to end well.

Kassian returns from suspension in a game vs the Flames.

• Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    It really boggles the mind that so many players that people know the name of, can get away with bad hits game after game. Now I'm and old fart that likes a physical game, but I do also like a fair game. My guy elbows your guy and gets a 2:00 penalty? Then your guy elbowing my guy later better get the same deal. To often you see guys get away with a dirty play and I can't understand why.

50433.png?1708759015
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    Crosby returns to service tonight, after missing 28 games.

Penguins were second in the league in points gained since the date he was injured (40 only better team was Boston's 41points)

So, obvious loss coming tonight

Sounds like the Penguins should trade Crosby

Full speed, forhand version of the svechnikov, by Filip forsberg tonight

• enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Mike Legg, dammit.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
    Mike Legg, dammit.

Sorry, per NCAA guidelines, we can’t actually name anything after a player. It would ruin sports apparently

If only kassian wasn't suspended and was out there head hunting, like he told the dops he would do when he got suspended, Filip would've definitely come away with a concussion after scoring the highlight reel goal

Aaaand Crosby gets 1 G + 3 A in his return

• DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    Matthews got a hat trick last night. Somehow that was only the 2nd hat trick of his career. The third goal was an empty netter, almost more amazingly is that's only the 2nd empty netter he's scored in his career too. He's got 34 on the season, only 2 behind Pasternak for the league lead.

He's having a season. And since getting more minutes under Keefe he's been pretty killer. I hope he keeps it up the reason of the season.

He's contractually obligated to stop scoring because he matched his jersey number. Sorry.

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Matthews got a hat trick last night. Somehow that was only the 2nd hat trick of his career. The third goal was an empty netter, almost more amazingly is that's only the 2nd empty netter he's scored in his career too. He's got 34 on the season, only 2 behind Pasternak for the league lead.

He's having a season. And since getting more minutes under Keefe he's been pretty killer. I hope he keeps it up the reason of the season.

in hingsight it is utterly amazing to me that Babcock not only had Marner and Matthews on the same team for over 3 seasons without trying them on a line together, he actively mocked the idea when asked about it.

meanwhile, Nylander/Tavares is proving just as magic a combination.

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Gerard Gallant has been fired by the Vegas Golden Knights, and Peter DeBoer has been hired to replace him. I wasn't aware the Knights were struggling, but it looks like they've slipped from first in the division to barely hanging on to a wild card spot since the start of the year.

In what I can only imagine is going to be a supremely awkward situation if nothing changes, Gallant is currently slated to coach Team Pacific in the All-Star Game as Vegas was #1 in the Pacific on January 3rd when coaches were announced. Thankfully only one of his former players (Pacioretty) is on the team, but still.

My other big takeaway from this? Thank GOD Kyle Dubas had the idea and the option for a new head coach that wasn't just "some guy another team just fired". Every other GM in the league seems to be determined to fish in the same shallow pool.

That might be one of the fastest turn arounds I’ve seen from a coach fired to a coach from outside the organization being hired. It was practically part of the same announcement.

• wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    Gerard Gallant has been fired by the Vegas Golden Knights, and Peter DeBoer has been hired to replace him. I wasn't aware the Knights were struggling, but it looks like they've slipped from first in the division to barely hanging on to a wild card spot since the start of the year.

In what I can only imagine is going to be a supremely awkward situation if nothing changes, Gallant is currently slated to coach Team Pacific in the All-Star Game as Vegas was #1 in the Pacific on January 3rd when coaches were announced. Thankfully only one of his former players (Pacioretty) is on the team, but still.

My other big takeaway from this? Thank GOD Kyle Dubas had the idea and the option for a new head coach that wasn't just "some guy another team just fired". Every other GM in the league seems to be determined to fish in the same shallow pool.

That is factually true that they are barely hanging onto a wild card (they're actually sitting outside of the cut line based on a tiebreaker as I type this), but also factually true is that they are 3 points out of first in the division. so it's less struggling, and more everyone is just that tight.

I think they're drunk for firing him. He's a good coach, the team isn't bad, they're just not running away with the division like they did that one year.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    Jayricho wrote: »
    That might be one of the fastest turn arounds I’ve seen from a coach fired to a coach from outside the organization being hired. It was practically part of the same announcement.

It was part of the same announcement. Peter DeBoer was hired before it was announced that Gallant was fired.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
    Oh yeah, the Pacific division is some wild shit this year. Three points is the difference between first and 5th place, it's nuts. Not only that, in terms of scoring chances, they've been consistently good/one of the best teams in the league this year, the main thing holding them back has been goaltending which the coach has little to no power over.

• KPCKPC Registered User regular
    You can sell me on Gallant being fired, but all that goes out the window when you turn around and hire DeBoer.

Talk about downgrade.

But great for DeBoer; it wouldn’t take much for this Vegas team to turn around; they’re good, fundamentally.

The question a this point is which team gets an immediate coaching upgrade by snapping up Gallant?

Please not Buffalo, the Atlantic is competitive enough already. Quenneville down in Florida is bad enough.

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    The question a this point is which team gets an immediate coaching upgrade by snapping up Gallant?

Please not Buffalo, the Atlantic is competitive enough already. Quenneville down in Florida is bad enough.

Is Seattle still looking for a head coach?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
    I believe so, but I also have to think Gallant will be snapped up before then/won't want to be out of the game that long.

Probably the Devil's top target, at least

• CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    Brody wrote: »

Is Seattle still looking for a head coach?

Yes, since Tippet left to go to Edmonton.

Really this is a dumb firing, I don’t see the point.

:so_raven:
This discussion has been closed.